Developer's Corner - Friday January 17, 2013 - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer's Corner - Friday January 17, 2013

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#26 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

I've read it all and am fully aware of the changes made. While I feel the numbers Leonis suggested are slightly too harsh, I agree on his point that currently mana management is far too easy (with the exception of being spam manabraked by several people, but that's a different matter altogether).

#27 Fleurettez

Fleurettez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 19 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

I do CD a lot. 

and I'm not gonna say the current mana management is far too easy. 

#28 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

This doesn't have too much with the points you mentioned Leonis, but since I had nothing better to do I sometimes like to remind myself of the description on classes that you guys have out on the main site roseonlinegame.com, just to see if the current balances / changes, or gameplay fits the description of the class.

And I stumbled upon this which I mentioned earlier somewhere:

Most of the Mage's skills are derived from other forces of nature. They are able to wield magic with the attributes of Fire, Ice, Lightning, Storm and Stone. They can also summon legendary animals or use a few basic healing skills.

^ From what I know, the description on the other classes works quite well once a few things get adjusted but for mages I think that.. they're the only lost soul right now. It's a great class with the crazy damage that they can inflict but I don't see any summons nor any heals. It's the only class that's described to strongly stick out with elements like "Fire, ice , lightning, storm and stone" which is more than there is to it, it would be quite cool to see stone animations.... throw a rock ! (eheh joke aside :waddle:

But do you guys follow the description or do you go after how the mages are built now?

It feels like mages could easily have skills that make them duplicate themselves as a "legendary animal summon" - summoning a copy of yourself could be quite cool. Things like that. 

Right now everyone kill mages #1 because of the crazy damage that they inflict that kind of ruins the fun, I would easily trade in the dispell skill for a legendary animal summon or perhaps a more versatile element system that forces you to use one element, not all of them. 

:ok: 

#29 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:29 AM

i really dont like how they increases the cost of the heals. if i will use when they use this all my heals cos the mobs are killing my team my mana wil go like byebye and this will happen: party screams CLERIC HEAL, clerics thinks oh gosh i wanna heal but i cant cos my mana is gone i need to wait and oh party is dead. wont be funny as all for the clerics. i hope dev will let it tested well enough and then change it a bit. and like renovatio said pls let it tested longer before it will be at the live servers.

Edited by angeltje, 20 January 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#30 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:06 AM

I think the biggest effect clerics will see is the cooldowns on heals.  In both SOD and GA there are a lot of times that all of my heals are going and it is hard to manage.  With the increased healing cooldowns (and they all are being effected) we will be hard pressed to heal ourselves in a good war.  And if you are the only cleric that is also being slept and muted I think it will be tough.  Not saying don't do it but I have a feeling the cooldowns will need to be altered again. 5 seconds is a long time in wars.  

One caution about Pegasus.  As Leo has stated in the past, it is hard to actually find out if the skill changes are good or not when tested on Pegasus because not enough people get on to test.  And there are never enough people on to get a good GA going.  Maybe some or all of the changes should be implemented live instead, but with the Devs on top of it to make changes as needed.  For example a week or two of maint every other day or so might not be horrible if the maint can be faster then usual.  So maybe a compromise.  Pegasus for a week or two to make sure the mechanics work the way you want them to then go live but with the idea that changes can be made fairly fast and not after a week or two.  

#31 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Sounds good to me. I am a little concerned with what is happening to the cleric class with some of these changes. If the devs can find the time to be online while it is in the live stage, it would be totally awesome! Then they could see firsthand how things are working out. If they do decide to open Pegasus, I will try to be there.

#32 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

One caution about Pegasus.  As Leo has stated in the past, it is hard to actually find out if the skill changes are good or not when tested on Pegasus because not enough people get on to test.  And there are never enough people on to get a good GA going.  Maybe some or all of the changes should be implemented live instead, but with the Devs on top of it to make changes as needed.  For example a week or two of maint every other day or so might not be horrible if the maint can be faster then usual.  So maybe a compromise.  Pegasus for a week or two to make sure the mechanics work the way you want them to then go live but with the idea that changes can be made fairly fast and not after a week or two.  

Even if they do it like that they've to test it on pegasus, some skills did you dc in the first days for example, i think noone wants that on the live server.

#33 Mystiqueforce

Mystiqueforce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

yea lol uber cooldown.. it's ok if you have many clerics in a group but if you're alone its overkill... i suggest you devs play solo cleric in Cd and see if you like the experience...

the clerics are not the issue its the number of clerics per group!

Edited by Mystiqueforce, 20 January 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#34 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:38 PM

To me, the cost of healing, the increasing in cool down time, and skill points are three main rejecting factors toward this proposal.

Edited by ChampPower, 20 January 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#35 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

yea lol uber cooldown.. it's ok if you have many clerics in a group but if you're alone its overkill... i suggest you devs play solo cleric in Cd and see if you like the experience...

the clerics are not the issue its the number of clerics per group!

I completely agree.  The number of clerics is still a huge issue, but the Devs don't want to start limiting classes in GA.  Maybe the change in points awarded will help keep the spam party/crystal healing clerics to a minimum since they will actually have to play to get points.  

I am really leery about the changes in heal cooldowns.  I think that will be way too much.  I don't think the cooldowns are the issue.  I agree with the reduction in heal power but I think that if you do that coupled with longer cooldowns it will not be fun to play cleric for sure.  And that includes Dungeons, PVP games and TG wars and it might effect PVM.  I would suggest that they change reduction in heal power first and if that does not have the desired effect that they want then also change cooldowns.

Frankly I am getting so tired of the cleric changes.  I know that some are needed but some of these changes might be kind of drastic for clerics and might take some of the fun out of playing them.  We will see but I still think that if you reduce the amount of healing to the crystal in CD, make the circle around it a bit larger, give points for working hard in CD, etc.  there will be less spam healing clerics in the games and the problems will be solved.

Clerics don't die and the team doesn't die because there are 5 clerics sitting in the crystal.  It is not that heals heal for too much, or the cooldowns are too short.  It is definitely the number of clerics.  Trust me, as a single cleric on a team my heal cooldowns are way to long and the amount I heal is not even close to enough when trying to go up against 5 clerics muting and sleeping me.

#36 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

I completely agree. The number of clerics is still a huge issue, but the Devs don't want to start limiting classes in GA. Maybe the change in points awarded will help keep the spam party/crystal healing clerics to a minimum since they will actually have to play to get points.

I am really leery about the changes in heal cooldowns. I think that will be way too much. I don't think the cooldowns are the issue. I agree with the reduction in heal power but I think that if you do that coupled with longer cooldowns it will not be fun to play cleric for sure. And that includes Dungeons, PVP games and TG wars and it might effect PVM. I would suggest that they change reduction in heal power first and if that does not have the desired effect that they want then also change cooldowns.

Frankly I am getting so tired of the cleric changes. I know that some are needed but some of these changes might be kind of drastic for clerics and might take some of the fun out of playing them. We will see but I still think that if you reduce the amount of healing to the crystal in CD, make the circle around it a bit larger, give points for working hard in CD, etc. there will be less spam healing clerics in the games and the problems will be solved.

Clerics don't die and the team doesn't die because there are 5 clerics sitting in the crystal. It is not that heals heal for too much, or the cooldowns are too short. It is definitely the number of clerics. Trust me, as a single cleric on a team my heal cooldowns are way to long and the amount I heal is not even close to enough when trying to go up against 5 clerics muting and sleeping me.

Bender mom, no offense, but you sound like a team with 5 cleric is invincible. In reality, it is not. There are many ways to kill a team with 5 clerics (even if they hide in the crystal and spam heal). The task is entirely depending on the construction of your team, your timing, strategy, and the way you play. There are many times, we lost with 5 clerics on out team, or win with only 2 on our team and 5 on the others.

#37 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

I'm going to go ahead and agree that the problem is number of clerics. the changes proposed seem like a round about way to solve this problems and it feels like they are directed towards just that problem. I'm wondering how some of these changes will effect leveling, pvm, and non game arena pvp. I know it will make warring a pain in tg for people with a cleric. And i imagining leveling will be painful.

If I had to suggest any changes towards cleric, it would be to half the number of party heals.. leave the cooldown and mana costs alone. Cut back the block rate a bit and how much charm effects how much you heal. And find a way to limit clerics in game arena because number is ultimately the problem.

#38 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Are you changing the skill tree of mage completely? Are you replacing some existing passive of mage to Sorcery, Wind, Water, Fire mastery? Or are you adding these passives to the mage skill tree? We are so scarce on skill point for mage already.

Scarcity of skill points is intended in order to force a skill build of your own desire. The idea that you will have the ability to get everything is something we wanted to move away from to reduce the "cookie cutter" builds. These masteries were intended from the start, but were unable to be implemented until later. They will be new skills.

can't it be more crazy? lol 2310 Mana for only 1 party heal? (integ)
and you say for "mana management" with TONS of skill to be pumped like this..for FS/war support cleric, isn't it too much?

It is not unreasonable and very much leans towards mana management. Currently, what's been seen is exactly what's being talked about here, where the Cleric doesn't have a big enough mana pool, when that's not the point. It isn't just the idea of a large mana pool, but how well you regenerate mana. If you look at the skills, they are focused more about regenerating the mana than having a larger pool. Regeneration keeps up skill use. Combined with restorative items and MP Consumption reduction bonuses you can obtain, the current MP costs for these skills were too light. The party effect skills are very powerful for a various reasons. The most targets within it, the more you are healing overall. Unless you want us to make a system update where it recognizes how many targets you're affecting and scale the MP cost up along with it (which not only is complicated, but is unreliable as a caster to know what you're about to spend for 1 cast) increasing the costs to a rate where it is intended to support a party is what you're looking at. It shouldn't be looked as as a convenient second heal skill to cast on someone, just because your single target skills might be on cooldown. Watching how a Cleric's standard course and activity of game play reveals this as more button mashing of high powered heals, which has resulted in countering dps too easily. Not to mention the tanking style that's gone with it, from the direct healing power of each skill.

Let's all not forget that what's been posted is not final. There's still chance and time to have some of the finer numbers tweaked and tuned. These are mostly early testing values, based on balancing that's been done on paper. We do additional testing and adjust as felt necessary.

These upcoming changes can't be tested just in a weekend. You have to open pegasus for a long time. Each suggested change has big influence on the game play. According the numbers the damage goes up quite alot, several debuffs (to weaken people), healing and mana becomes a huge difficulty etc. Let us try it first on pegasus before implementing it on the live servers, because based on the suggested changes I don't have any feeling what the outcome will be.

For example the cleric (I am playing a cleric); how fast do you stack 20 wounded till 100% healing reduction and only can stack 5 healing touch to remove wounded till 15? There is no way to know the mechanics before the end of the month.

These are big changes you suggest. Take your time to let the community know how they work and adept them to get a proper balance.

It is a pitty to see that you come up with new content instead of balancing the current classes. Do not only read the posts in this forum, but also play the game as we are doing. We experience many difficulties and challenges which have to be solved first.

We'll consider doing a short Pegasus test, just to make sure nothing major breaks and get some immediate feedback, if possible, but we know the attendance is generally minimal so passing it to the live server will be quick, again, if we do it at all.

Understand that these are not final changes and still subject for alteration. But a guideline to what we're working towards.

Felt like I needed to put this here for all to see.

Thank you jerremy. :)

@DigitalKitten,

Actually, they still have access to the basic heals and even some summons, though they aren't legendary animals.

The class page is being worked on, because we've been very aware that there is information no longer relevant or correct since the skill update. The web team has been busy handling many other projects deemed more important at the moment.

The idea that Mages are having a hard time, because they're target#1 for their danger is just a result of players knowing using stratagy. To be a good mage, you'll have to figure out how to counter that. With the new mechanics, we're hoping that this can help turn it around and give them some more utility in survivability.

Sounds good to me. I am a little concerned with what is happening to the cleric class with some of these changes. If the devs can find the time to be online while it is in the live stage, it would be totally awesome! Then they could see firsthand how things are working out. If they do decide to open Pegasus, I will try to be there.

When we did testing for the initial and major part of the skill update in Pegasus, I was online nearly all the time I was in the office, talking with everyone and getting feedback. If we do another Pegasus test, I will try to be on just as much, but the weekends are for the players to play without my getting in the way.

---

I appreciate everyone's feedback. This is why I posted this for the weekend, because I knew there would be several who'd want to speak out against it. To be honest with you all, nothing said has been anything unexpected. And as I tried to point out, but few kept in mind, none of this is final. Your feedback helps adjust changes and lets us see where you focus on. It also helps justify some intended changes as well, because its what you focus on, and it may not be what we want to be focused on by design.

We can never make an update everyone will have a 100% happiness rating with. We know this. We do what we can to make it as enjoyable as possible, but we also have to keep in mind that there is a point of design we need to keep enforced, as this is a game. It has rules. These rules are not just spoken words, they are how you are able to play. What limits you from doing one action, vs another, otherwise if there were no rules, there would be no point to class differences and everyone would have open access to all skills. A dramatic example, but true non-the-less.

I've seen some players come to me with builds that are fairly extreme, asking me "Was that intended?" And I have to turn to them and ask them and get them to realize what they sacrificed in order to have that build. To which, they believe it was worth it, for the build's intention. But hopefully understanding what you did sacrifice to make that build, you will now suffer if you tried to play that way. If you then got upset that you couldn't, then you missed the point and I'm sorry. But if you realize that, and either change your build or have a secondary character with that build in mind, now you are rewarded by not only being able to do well, but anyone you play with would appreciate your skill and talent in being able to do well with them.

A lot of the feedback we get for Clerics largely revolves around PvP. But we don't make these changes with PvP in mind only. We look at all the aspects this would effect and how they are now. PvM, dungeons, party play, solo play, are all aspects these will factor in to what these changes represent.

At a core level, the Cleric gets a lot of attention because it is one of the classes with the most flexibility in what it can choose to do with its build. That makes it one of the balances within itself, that takes the most tweaking, while we try to preserve it's purpose and design intention, along with fun game play and abilities.

I would like to ask that you keep The comments about how often we change things around with the skills are a bit exaggerated. The last major skill balancing done was November 21st and the last time the skill table was modified at all, was the reduction to Berserk's bonus for the soldier, mid December and that was it. We do try to keep the frequency of changes to a minimal so that players can get used to them, and then if there is still a problem, given enough time to adjust, we will go in to a review process over what our design intentions were and what's going on. The Cleric's healing ability has been under review for a while now and we've come to the conclusion that it is time to make those changes along with a few others we wanted to do from the beginning of the skill update.

#39 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

The best way to balance PvP and PvM in a fair way is to have one PvP tree and one PvM tree, which doesn't allow you to use the PvM skills in PvP and vice versa, people have separated characters for PvP and PvM anyway, PvP gear isn't that beneficial in PvM either.

Yes that takes a lot of work, but in my personal opinion I feel like PvP and PvM get slightly ruined If they're mashed together. It should be two completely separated worlds :ok:

When I play PvM I feel like certain classes should be changed, a lot. But thinking about the changes, they couldn't be put in since they would ruin PvP to a certain extent.

#40 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

My response to that is, that it isn't about the amount of work it would take more than it doesn't make reasonable sense because you don't punch differently when you punch an monster vs a person, you would still want to do the most damage possible. Making a tree dedicated to splitting PvP and PvM doesn't make sense to me. The things you use though, in conjunction to your basic skills, would be for one vs another though, that makes sense.

#41 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Scarcity of skill points is intended in order to force a skill build of your own desire. The idea that you will have the ability to get everything is something we wanted to move away from to reduce the "cookie cutter" builds. These masteries were intended from the start, but were unable to be implemented until later. They will be new skills.

It is not unreasonable and very much leans towards mana management. Currently, what's been seen is exactly what's being talked about here, where the Cleric doesn't have a big enough mana pool, when that's not the point. It isn't just the idea of a large mana pool, but how well you regenerate mana. If you look at the skills, they are focused more about regenerating the mana than having a larger pool. Regeneration keeps up skill use. Combined with restorative items and MP Consumption reduction bonuses you can obtain, the current MP costs for these skills were too light. The party effect skills are very powerful for a various reasons. The most targets within it, the more you are healing overall. Unless you want us to make a system update where it recognizes how many targets you're affecting and scale the MP cost up along with it (which not only is complicated, but is unreliable as a caster to know what you're about to spend for 1 cast) increasing the costs to a rate where it is intended to support a party is what you're looking at. It shouldn't be looked as as a convenient second heal skill to cast on someone, just because your single target skills might be on cooldown. Watching how a Cleric's standard course and activity of game play reveals this as more button mashing of high powered heals, which has resulted in countering dps too easily. Not to mention the tanking style that's gone with it, from the direct healing power of each skill.

Let's all not forget that what's been posted is not final. There's still chance and time to have some of the finer numbers tweaked and tuned. These are mostly early testing values, based on balancing that's been done on paper. We do additional testing and adjust as felt necessary.

Thank you jerremy. :)

@DigitalKitten,

Actually, they still have access to the basic heals and even some summons, though they aren't legendary animals.

The class page is being worked on, because we've been very aware that there is information no longer relevant or correct since the skill update. The web team has been busy handling many other projects deemed more important at the moment.

The idea that Mages are having a hard time, because they're target#1 for their danger is just a result of players knowing using stratagy. To be a good mage, you'll have to figure out how to counter that. With the new mechanics, we're hoping that this can help turn it around and give them some more utility in survivability.

When we did testing for the initial and major part of the skill update in Pegasus, I was online nearly all the time I was in the office, talking with everyone and getting feedback. If we do another Pegasus test, I will try to be on just as much, but the weekends are for the players to play without my getting in the way.

---

I appreciate everyone's feedback. This is why I posted this for the weekend, because I knew there would be several who'd want to speak out against it. To be honest with you all, nothing said has been anything unexpected. And as I tried to point out, but few kept in mind, none of this is final. Your feedback helps adjust changes and lets us see where you focus on. It also helps justify some intended changes as well, because its what you focus on, and it may not be what we want to be focused on by design.

We can never make an update everyone will have a 100% happiness rating with. We know this. We do what we can to make it as enjoyable as possible, but we also have to keep in mind that there is a point of design we need to keep enforced, as this is a game. It has rules. These rules are not just spoken words, they are how you are able to play. What limits you from doing one action, vs another, otherwise if there were no rules, there would be no point to class differences and everyone would have open access to all skills. A dramatic example, but true non-the-less.

I've seen some players come to me with builds that are fairly extreme, asking me "Was that intended?" And I have to turn to them and ask them and get them to realize what they sacrificed in order to have that build. To which, they believe it was worth it, for the build's intention. But hopefully understanding what you did sacrifice to make that build, you will now suffer if you tried to play that way. If you then got upset that you couldn't, then you missed the point and I'm sorry. But if you realize that, and either change your build or have a secondary character with that build in mind, now you are rewarded by not only being able to do well, but anyone you play with would appreciate your skill and talent in being able to do well with them.

A lot of the feedback we get for Clerics largely revolves around PvP. But we don't make these changes with PvP in mind only. We look at all the aspects this would effect and how they are now. PvM, dungeons, party play, solo play, are all aspects these will factor in to what these changes represent.

At a core level, the Cleric gets a lot of attention because it is one of the classes with the most flexibility in what it can choose to do with its build. That makes it one of the balances within itself, that takes the most tweaking, while we try to preserve it's purpose and design intention, along with fun game play and abilities.
I would like to ask that you keep The comments about how often we change things around with the skills are a bit exaggerated. The last major skill balancing done was November 21st and the last time the skill table was modified at all, was the reduction to Berserk's bonus for the soldier, mid December and that was it. We do try to keep the frequency of changes to a minimal so that players can get used to them, and then if there is still a problem, given enough time to adjust, we will go in to a review process over what our design intentions were and what's going on. The Cleric's healing ability has been under review for a while now and we've come to the conclusion that it is time to make those changes along with a few others we wanted to do from the beginning of the skill update.

The entire post of Leonis can be summed down to a few words, "Suck it up!" This is why I do not like to give ideas to Gravity. They will not listen. Their only motto is, "my way or the high way!" Good luck with war without cleric. My cleric will not set foot to war after they implement their skill changes.

Edited by ChampPower, 21 January 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#42 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Yeah I get that view definitely but I'm thinking more like, just an example;

In PvM you might want more heals, shorter cool downs, in PvP this could turn OP.
Whilst in PvM I sometimes would wish for longer stuns depending on the mob I'm facing, in PvP this wouldn't work since I don't want to be stunned for 10 seconds being a Mage or another class, because it would be my death.

I'm talking about skills only, certain nerfs and buffs can ruin it but that's just my opinion, I don't think we have anything mayor right now that ruins it completely since you're doing a decent job with balancing them / separating them.

Although I still stick with my opinion on that things like; buffs, (despite self buffs) should be for PvM only.

#43 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

The entire post of Leonis can be summed down to a few words, "Suck it up!" This is why I do not like to give ideas to Gravity. They will not listen. Their only motto is, "my way or the high way!" Good luck with war without cleric. My cleric will not set foot to war after they implement their skill changes.

Way to take my response that had several points of discussion and make it not at all what you summed it up as. Perhaps you should read it and respond with feedback, rather than making it apparent that you've closed yourself off and see we do as against you.

Yeah I get that view definitely but I'm thinking more like, just an example;

In PvM you might want more heals, shorter cool downs, in PvP this could turn OP.
Whilst in PvM I sometimes would wish for longer stuns depending on the mob I'm facing, in PvP this wouldn't work since I don't want to be stunned for 10 seconds being a Mage or another class, because it would be my death.

I'm talking about skills only, certain nerfs and buffs can ruin it but that's just my opinion, I don't think we have anything mayor right now that ruins it completely since you're doing a decent job with balancing them / separating them.

Although I still stick with my opinion on that things like; buffs, (despite self buffs) should be for PvM only.

As much as I like the idea of buffs being able to be split from PvP and PvM, because of how it applies to the player, there's no way (currently) to distinguish how the buff would be used once cast. It would have to be a buff that only has influence over PvM environments.

#44 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

my cleric will not set foot to war after they implement their skill changes.

That might help the "too many clerics in wars" problem that started all of this

#45 DrWrong

DrWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:-

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

I have been npc the turqoise 2s forever... Nowwww they useful lol

#46 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

We will see if it will make a difference, but I think what will make the most difference on amount of clerics in CD is the change in points earned from healing the crystal.  

Also, any chance you are looking at stuns/sleeps/mutes with changes? I don't understand why a non magic based char like champ has mute (Soul wreck).  And it lasts 6 seconds, which seems short but when a champ mutes a cleric the champs hit hard and can take the cleric down before the mute runs out.  And you can't pot.  I have pretty good defense, block passives and wearing HP/def gear.  And for others they go down even faster than I do (Arties, bourgs, mages, clerics and some scouts).

And why can't you pot when you are muted?  Muted should mean you can't talk.  And if you can't talk you can't use skills, but should be able to drink a potion.

#47 Mystiqueforce

Mystiqueforce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

its the yearly cleric nerf haha its that time of the year again! clerics rejoice

#48 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

Yes I remember. I actually leveled with you for awhile. It was a lot of fun leveling with you! However, I would like to see you guys in game if at all possible when these go live. This is because generally speaking, when things go live, they don't work quite the same way as when they are being tested on Pegasus. Especially the pvp aspect it seems.

#49 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:22 AM

I remember leveling with you on Pegasus. You are a lot of fun to level with. But I digress. I would really like for you guys to be online and in game when these go live, because most times, things don't work the same live as they do on Pegasus. A lot of times, the pvp aspects of a change can't be tested properly on Pegasus. If you guys could be in game, then you could see first hand how things are working. You wouldn't necessarily have to be visible, run around in stealth mode, get a feel for how the players are liking the changes. If you want, go visible, and get feedback from us that way too. I think it would help morale in the game if you did that. You could maybe have the Mods help you with this.

#50 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:54 AM

The cleric is the most complicated class I think atm.  I am ok with changes but it is so hard to finally get set up for how you play your character, gear them up and all and then have to change it all again.  I don't think the changes that Leo is proposing will make us have to change a lot other than game play.  A FS or battle cleric will still be supportive with buffs, heals, puri, etc.  The bit question here is will it be as fun to play.  We will just have to see and give a lot of feedback if it isn't (and clerics do give feedback lol).  

We have to trust that the Devs have a plan and are listening to the people in the community.  It is not their fault that so little of the population uses the forums other than to complain.  Luckily a lot that give helpful suggestions and have decent conversations/debates about various things in Rose are also those that tend to know a lot about the topics.  

At least the Dev team and Gravity are making changes and working on projects to benefit Rose.  That is a lot better then all the years that was not happening.  So we will see what happens next.  It would be great to get all this balancing out of the way so they could add more end game content, finish up the database rejuvenation and add more items to make the game more up to date and hopefully increase popularity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users