316 replies to this topic

#51 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

So will I log in tomorrow and use grandcross on a mob and instant DC? Because if so I guess my break continues.

Really need to get them to fix old bugs instead of adding more into the pile.

Edited by Xintello, 21 January 2014 - 02:57 PM.

#52 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

For the players asking about if they have more than the Rank cap, in testing we see that the MP isn't wiped. You won't be able to earn more MP until you are below the cap, and once below the cap, then you can't earn more than the cap.

We are asking to extend the skill reset vellums for another week. Stat resets are still in. The studio has said that they plan to do this anytime something is changed with a class or skills.

We are meeting with them tonight to discuss the topics and bugs not addressed that we know to be a priority, and to see if we can get anything else into this patch.

#53 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

From what I gathered no toggle yet nor fix of the colo bugs either...

The scrolls should still remain since things aren't balanced enough for people to have a fixed stat/skill build yet.

Does this mean you'll also remove any that people haven't used yet?

#54 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

We are asking to extend the skill reset vellums for another week. Stat resets are still in. The studio has said that they plan to do this anytime something is changed with a class or skills.

love you guys for this <3 *can stop stressing and QQing* I'll hope they say yes~ :3

#55 Xintello

Xintello

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

For the players asking about if they have more than the Rank cap, in testing we see that the MP isn't wiped. You won't be able to earn more MP until you are below the cap, and once below the cap, then you can't earn more than the cap.

We are meeting with them tonight to discuss the topics and bugs not addressed that we know to be a priority, and to see if we can get anything else into this patch.

Are you going to restart the stat reset quest or give everyone a new reset since you're messing with them now? I know people who took out their stat reset and used it because they thought they would be removed like 2 patches ago because no one updated the patch notes till after the servers went down.

#56 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

Too much QQing for good patch notes. A little encouragement and support go a long way guys. Yes there's still a lot wrong with the game, but let's try the patch out tomorrow before we judge it. With the new stat rebalancing maybe WIS will get a nice buff and SP won't be such a big issue. Who knows?

#57 SpiTFirE23

SpiTFirE23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

Njoror:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG Thanks for this responds! Happy to hear this! Our CM are The Best! again Thank you

#58 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

D. Balance on gaining MP

i. Mastery Points gained from the three Dayr Elemental Temples and the Tomb of Osiris will be increased by 200%
     ii. Mastery Points rewarded from the daily quests in Dayr Desert has been changed to provide more points. 4 new daily quests have been put in. The Mastery Point reward for the quest, Finders Keepers, has been slightly reduced to make up for this change. 
     iii. If a Master Level 11 character or higher completes every daily quest in Dayr Desert in a day, they can receive a reward of 967.7 Mastery Points.

Glad you've listened to me. So I apologize for my harsh judgment on the last patch notes. It's still not quite the amount I had in mind for the dailies, but it's ok this way. Glad you understand that it would still take about 220 days (or 7 month) to reach level 20 just by completing the daily quests.

I'm sad to hear that you didn't reverted the silly MP reward based on players in the party.

As I've written last time, this change makes it impossible to play this game during times when it's past midnight in America, since there aren't enough players online to find free Muka-Parties f.e. My suggestion is to increase the base MP reward per monster by x3 at least, reducing the additional benefit for partying down to about 20-50% per player in a 5-man party (free battle manual for everyone).

Reducing the MP cost for skill- and statpoints isn't wise either. Let me help you on this at well:

Skillpoints should be available like Master Levels. So they should have an increasing price that equals 75-100% of two sucessive master level:

1. Skillpoint: 2000~2700 MP
2. Skillpoint: 4400~5900 MP
3. Skillpoint: 7100~9500 MP
4. Skillpoint: 10000~13400 MP
5. Skillpoint: 13000~17300 MP
6. Skillpoint: 16800~22400 MP
7. Skillpoint: 20500+27300 MP
8. Skillpoint: 24600~32800 MP
9. Skillpoint: 28900~38500 MP
10. Skillpoint: 33500~44600 MP

Average cost per Skillpoint: 16080~21440 MP

If you want to keep the "new" 11900 MP as an average cost, you should reduce the above mentioned values to 55% of the MP cost for two master levels.

The intention however stays the same. Rather than rushing to the next master levels because the first skillpoints has the same "price" as leveling from master level 1 to level 6, it would make more sense to scale the costs as well. In this way, your first skillpoint would be cheaper than leveling from level 3 to level 4 alone. In the end, players would get their skillpoints earlier, making it a much smoother skill leveling than "do all after level 20".

Same should be true for statpoints.

Another note on the statpoints:
I wouldn't go the "diablo or torchlight" style, increasing the statpoints to 2 or more per level. Basically it is too much effort to change all the potions, runes, cards, titles etc. to match the new stat distribution. All you do is to decrease the value of each single point, but gained nothing (unless of course you prefer higher numbers to generate pseudo randomness if an item gives +44 or +49 STR f.e.).

Keep in mind: A single skillpoint can increase the damage I do with a skill from 280 to 300% what means a 7% damage increase or a 2%-7% damage increase if you skill passive skills like Aura Sword or Bear Form.

If you want to make statpoints competetive, calculate how many points in STR a player would have to get to get a similar resut. I doubt that it will be done with 4 statpoints (the current value difference between 12k and 3k MP).

Battle Manuals:
Remove the 30min Manuals that are stackable with the 24h Manuals (a total of 120% bonus is way too much). Maybe you could create an event that transfers them into "snowflake" like items that can be converted into "real" battle manuals if you have ~50 ones. Introduce a way to get "missing" pieces (chance coupons? , daily attendance?), so that no short-term manual would stay "unused". Likewise the 20% Manual should be converted in the same way.

C. Buffer system for MP penalty after death

i. There is now a new insurance item called "Divine Protection". It will give a 60 minute protection buff from the death penalty. It is available through the Daily Reward System, and is in addition to what is already in the Daily Reward System. In a future update, "Divine Protection" will be a crafted item in-game.

Simply admit that it was a mistake and remove it. Where is the point in keeping a MP loss system when a free item prevents the loss? So you will be "safe" during a raid, but if you die because there was a glitch warping to alberta (drowning in an endless ocean f.e.) or "falling of a cliff" would still cost MP?

So you removed the "avoidable" part and kept the "your fault" unavoidable part... great!!!!

Skill Resets // Stat resets:

I wouldn't remove them with any patch, but rather increasing the cost more and more or even make them buyable for MP only. The point is that you've changed the ATK / MATK balance in this patch. So if I had spent all my points in AGI already, I would be really pissed now.

Since you've changed the mana cost for skills, you've changed their value massively.... what fulfills the criteria for "changing skills".

I won't spend any points now, until I see the MP costs on http://www.roguard.n...ase/iRO/classes f.e. Same is true for statpoints and the effect on damage. If this is what you planned.... well done!!! Otherwise, think about the consequences before you change things for the worse.

#59 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

please
put in a toggle option for the screen shake
i want that feature turned off

but on the upside great patch notes looking forward to this.

#60 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

Posted 6 minutes ago

SpiTFirE23, on 22 Jan 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:snapback.png

You can level to ML 20 with over 100K MP left over.

That's enough to craft a few sets of Djoser gear, buy a few skill points, or do whatever. What exactly are you complaining about? If they do decide to wipe excess MP you have no choice but to level.

sorry mate Thats is not my plan... djoser gear bad idea... all i need skill and stats point. If i move to ML 20 do you think is it better than condor?? hahahahaha...

Osiris farm exp slow.

Dude, Muka's farm faster and pay more at their nearest levels than the Condors do at their nearest levels.  Also, if you hit at least ML12+ farm the Freyjanity in the deepest parts of Dayr, they pay even more MP, especially if you farm in a group.  Why are you sitting on that much MP is beyond me.

Great another week no fixing for Cres ... gonna be having fun with 15~100 DoT/2sec lol

What is broken with Cres that fixing the magic and physicals attacks won't repair?

#61 DatMONKey

DatMONKey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

TEXT

Skill points should have been given on rank up anyway. Considering how many we can have extra, having them cheaper is fine.

#62 SpiTFirE23

SpiTFirE23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

Fluke

I tried muka and orisis with my other char.. i compared them.. muka have better EXP but long way to lure em.. if you notice condor only take 5-10 sec to lure each site. i did asked around :) . on my guildy some of them wish can return back time to lvl 5. because condor easier and quicker for farm.. i got around 10k per hour on Condor. Fyi i Farm around 350.000 MP so far form condor.  wondering any muka farmer can beat em...

#63 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

so by enabling the drops from osiris, you have made almost all previous raid content useless...

#64 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Isn't that how it usually works?

#65 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Battle Manuals:
Remove the 30min Manuals that are stackable with the 24h Manuals (a total of 120% bonus is way too much). Maybe you could create an event that transfers them into "snowflake" like items that can be converted into "real" battle manuals if you have ~50 ones. Introduce a way to get "missing" pieces (chance coupons? , daily attendance?), so that no short-term manual would stay "unused". Likewise the 20% Manual should be converted in the same way.

I disagree with that I think if they do ever plan to implement that they should change the way the 24 hour 50% cooldown works, and make it so that the timer does not go down when one is offline. 

#66 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

It is, but before you had some progession..rhd>bapho/pve>coa>aod>chaos

Latetly it felt like hit 50>>>>chaos

#67 Crodes

Crodes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Dude, Muka's farm faster and pay more at their nearest levels than the Condors do at their nearest levels.  Also, if you hit at least ML12+ farm the Freyjanity in the deepest parts of Dayr, they pay even more MP, especially if you farm in a group.  Why are you sitting on that much MP is beyond me.

What is broken with Cres that fixing the magic and physicals attacks won't repair?

fluke he means the skill values of crucio and contingency o.o

#68 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

change the way the 24 hour 50% cooldown works, and make it so that the timer does not go down when one is offline. 

I though this was a thing alreday..

#69 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

It is, but before you had some progession..rhd>bapho/pve>coa>aod>chaos

Latetly it felt like hit 50>>>>chaos

I just do 50, menace, joser , osiris  for alts now :P

What is rhd, what is bapho, what is pve,what is CoA, what is AoD, what is chaos??? do they taste good? can i get ketchup with them :D

#70 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

I though this was a thing alreday..

I sent in a ticket about that and the perosn who responded said it is intended for it to go down when you are offline only the 20% 24 hours doesn't go down when you are offline.

#71 Lekcee

Lekcee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Thank you so much for this ... MP Grind Fest it is! :D

#72 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

XD yes, you can I also recommend the milk shakes. :P

#73 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Fluke

I tried muka and orisis with my other char.. i compared them.. muka have better EXP but long way to lure em.. if you notice condor only take 5-10 sec to lure each site. i did asked around :) . on my guildy some of them wish can return back time to lvl 5. because condor easier and quicker for farm.. i got around 10k per hour on Condor. Fyi i Farm around 350.000 MP so far form condor.  wondering any muka farmer can beat em...

I'm also not sure what you mean taking longer to lure, it takes like 5 seconds to get 20+ Mukas on you.  I got 8k mp with 70% exp boost and a party of 5 players in 45 minutes, so that is pretty much on par or better than your Condors.

You also never said why, you are holding on to so much MP, I mean I could understand if you wanted to just get to ML20, but you've already cleared that amount and then some according to your numbers.

#74 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

I sent in a ticket about that and the perosn who responded said it is intended for it to go down when you are offline only the 20% 24 hours doesn't go down when you are offline.

wow! so when I use mine I shall be on 24 hours in a row XD

#75 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

I get 12-15k from muka with a good 5 man pt easily spit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users