I am out of ideas... please help me! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

I am out of ideas... please help me!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 iceolator

iceolator

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

Hi,

when I try to start Ragnarok Online, both Renewal and Classic, I get two different Errors depending on how I try to start the Game...

1. Run as Administrator

Spoiler

2. Run as Administrator and in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 (on Windows 7 it worked well without any problem, that's why I choosed this)

Spoiler

3. Creating a shortcut of Ragexe.exe and modify it like Axylus said

4. I tried different installation folders, C:/Gravity/Ragnarok Online/ and C:/Progam Files (86x)/Gravity/Ragnarok Online

5. I turned off my Antivirus and Firewall during installtion and patching and started it as Administrator and as Administrator in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7

7. Marked "Run program as Administrator" at properties

Spoiler

8. I tried to fix the C_IsSteam Error the way DrAzzy said

9. I tried everything mentioned here

I tried everything I've found here and in google, nothing helped so far... I'm out of ideas... please help me!

Notes

Antivirus: BitDefener Internet Security 2013 (licensed version)

I have not installed any other RO version at the time I installed, patched and tried to start iRO

I tried to install fRO and any other RO version and those worked fine

Excuse my bad english.

Kind regards,

iceolator

Edited by iceolator, 23 January 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#2 iceolator

iceolator

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

Bump

#3 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Did you try turning off Active Virus Control in BitDefender? If that didn't work, may suggest to uninstall the program before attempting installing/patching iRo.

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

Unfortunately, the cause of the "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)" error is unknown.

Some of the posts about the problem on Seven Forums suggest it can be caused by a software conflict. One person reported that uninstalling unwanted applications resolved the problem. Another reported that performing a clean start-up resolved it. In addition to trying these things, you should also check for and repair any corrupted system files using System File Checker.

The other error can be resolved by opening the file in the client folder named Patchup.exe. You may have to open the file with administrative privileges.

On Windows 8, I think the client's programmes need to be run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

Edited by Axylus, 24 January 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

On Win8:

Fix C_IsSteam by running patchup.exe as admin - it MUST be run as admin, otherwise it will not work (this, I think, can also be fixed by getting a working Ragnarok.exe and replacing yours with it)

Compatibility mode should be XP SP 3, not Win7. 

Game must run with admin. 

You may want to disable BitDefender while running patchup.exe - Some AV programs are overly aggressive and mistake a game patching itself for something malicious - I'm not familiar with whether BitDefender does this. 

Do not try to run the game in full screen mode. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 24 January 2014 - 07:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users