AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

AzzyAI 1.541 - New 1/26, fixes for movement+chase issues, client freeze

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic

#26 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ah, my homu was bottom left of the mushroom rock in od2 while I was top right of it <: So the giant rock was the obstacle, haha. There wasn't a lot of monsters around, but I noticed it just ignoring orc skels for a good bit before fixing itself when a new orc skeleton spawned north of it.

#27 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

I don't think AoEFixedLevel is working. I have it to true, but it'll still use level 1 if I have it set to use level 1 attacks on zenorcs/orc skels.

#28 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:00 PM

I don't think AoEFixedLevel is working. I have it to true, but it'll still use level 1 if I have it set to use level 1 attacks on zenorcs/orc skels.

Nope, it's not. 

The config program is spelling it AoEFixedLevel, but the AI is checking AOEFixedLevel (right there on line 775 of AI_main...)

Probably came about when I changed the name of a few of the options to make the naming less confusing.

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 January 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#29 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:00 PM

Eleanor combos are not working yet. Pretty sure it has to do with the timing window between skill 1 and skill 2 where skill 1 is tinder / sonic claw and skill 2 is silvervein / C.B.C.

From the testing I finally got around to, setting her to use full combos results in only sonic claw being used ( most likely due to the oddball timing window for the second part of the combo, more on that later ) and setting the AI to use grappler combos also resulted in her trying to use sonic claw... instead of tinder breaker, I have to do more testing, it is possible that I didn't vape her ( I thought I did, but needs to be re-confirmed). Also when she was trying to use sonic claw in grappler stance she was not auto switching on failure even though the autostance option was set. 

Timings: after casting the first part of the combo it seems that you have to wait until the damage shows fully ( ~1-2 seconds or so ) then can cast the second combo, while going from 2nd > 3rd seems to be pretty much as fast as you can hit the next button.

#30 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:53 PM

What "autostance" option are you talking about? 

Seriously? I have to wait several second before using the second combo skill? Can we figure out exactly how long? Is it longer than the delay on sonic claw? If so, I'd have to implement a way to slow down the auto-use of skills if comboing is enabled, and I don't have a facility to do that. I'd have to give serious thought as to how to implement that. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 January 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#31 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

What "autostance" option are you talking about? 

Seriously? I have to wait several second before using the second combo skill? Can we figure out exactly how long? Is it longer than the delay on sonic claw? If so, I'd have to implement a way to slow down the auto-use of skills if comboing is enabled, and I don't have a facility to do that. I'd have to give serious thought as to how to implement that. 

Sorry, it is "EleanorDoNotSwitchMode=false", I am assuming that the intention is setting that to true would be the same as telling her not to switch stances. With it set false I had her set to grapple(E.Q.C) against nagas, and she was still trying to cast sonic claw even when manually put into grapple stance  - I do need to retest this, this is where I'm not 100% sure about the vape / recall. In any case she did not try to switch stances at all.

As for the delay, I haven't timed it out yet, but it seems a safe assumption that it is longer than sonic claws cooldown since she will just keep casting sonic claw.

Even worse, the cooldown, if there is any between C.B.C. and E.Q.C  or Silvervein and midnight frenzy is extremely short.  I'm going to try to time it out a bit better tomorrow after I can actually gear up my genetic.

All that aside, has the API been expanded like the chat log errors have? With Eleanor at least, I get errors in my chat log about being in the wrong stance or skill cannot be used yet, If the errors are available through the API you could easily build a test into your development branch that adds time on consecutive casts and logs success / fail to get the proper size of the skill cast windows... and I can help out a bit more this semester since I am not quite as busy as the last. 

#32 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:08 PM

There is no way for the AI to detect what mode you are in, nor for it to recognize that you've cast the skill manually. Therefor, you need to either let the homun manage it entirely, (EleanorDoNotSwitchMode=false) - assuming the homun starts in the mode it thinks it is in, it will switch to the right mode to use grappler skills - OR - you set that to true, and use the skill manually, and the responsibility is upon the owner to have the correct mode selected for the skills the homun is trying to use. 

Nope. The AI doesn't get any errors. We can't even tell if the homun is successfully attacking, or standing like a fool because the target is posbugged.

#33 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Therefor, you need to either let the homun manage it entirely, (EleanorDoNotSwitchMode=false) - assuming the homun starts in the mode it thinks it is in, it will switch to the right mode to use grappler skills - OR - you set that to true, and use the skill manually, and the responsibility is upon the owner to have the correct mode selected for the skills the homun is trying to use. 

Sorry, I didn't describe it as well as I should have. I had her set to use Combo(full combos ) on Cornus and Grapple( EQC ) on nagas.  She wouldn't switch at all, both before and after manually style changing.

That said, ever since the balance patch it has been difficult to pull off her combos. Irowiki says the second combo can be used "within 2 seconds" of the first, it seems more like we have to actually wait 2 seconds ( possibly a bug? ) because prior to then I had the window to cast directly after the first skill hit.

I'm about to go do some testing, I will report back later.

#34 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

Aaaaaand confirmed:

unless irowiki DB has wrong monster IDs in the URL for cornus / naga, setting combos does nothing.  She still uses "any skill" from the default tactic.  Irowiki has mobIDs of 1992/1993 respectively.  I might try to generate a mobID file after maintenance is over if you think the IDs may be wrong.

The UI generates these codes for tactics set ( note snipe setting was disabled for testing purposes, snipe on / off makes no difference )

MyTact[1992]={TACT_ATTACK_M,SKILL_ALWAYS,KITE_NEVER,CAST_REACT,PUSH_NEVER,DEBUFF_NEVER,CLASS_GRAPPLE_2,RESCUE_NEVER,-1,SNIPE_DISABLE,KS_NEVER,1,CHASE_NORMAL} --cornus
MyTact[1993]={TACT_ATTACK_H,SKILL_ALWAYS,KITE_NEVER,CAST_REACT,PUSH_NEVER,DEBUFF_NEVER,CLASS_GRAPPLE_2,RESCUE_NEVER,-1,SNIPE_DISABLE,KS_NEVER,1,CHASE_NORMAL} --naga

With these settings she uses bolt skills, and only sonic claw.  Additionally setting the combo options to any of the other options has no change.  No auto casting of style change was observed.

With the setting "AutoComboMode=always" combos are still not used.

Things I haven't tested yet: setting the default tactic to use combos, while an OK workaround this would not be ideal, even if it works.

Any other ideas / tests you would like me to perform?

EDIT:

MobIDs are good, it's something in the combo portions of the AI.  http://meoryou.us/az...eanor_trace.txt is a trace of only attacking a naga and cornus.

Setting default tactics to combos does not work, same behavior as on per tactic basis.

Edited by meoryou2, 29 January 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#35 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Automatic mode switch is only performed when manually commanded to use the skills.

Are you getting failed skill use messages for Silvervein Rush, assuming it's in the correct mode and set to use it?

Can you take some traces under these conditions:

AutoComboMode should be 2
AutoComboSpheres should be set low (3 or something? It must be lower than 7) and make sure your homun has plenty of spheres before attacking something that it's set to combo on. (In next version, this setting will work as documented.
EleanorDoNotSwitchModes should be true

After putting it into correct mode, and verifying that it has enough spheres, i'd like a traceai of it failing to use the fighter combo skills on a target that it is set to use combo skills on, and a separate traceai of it failing to use any of the grappler skills against one that it's set to use grappler skills against.

To create a traceai:
1. In RO folder, delete AAIStartH.txt, all AAI_*.log files, and TraceAI.txt 
2. Set up everything to take the trace.
3. Type /traceai
4. Reproduce the problem
5. Type /traceai again, as soon as the problem has been demonstrated (you want to have TraceAI showing as little stuff relevant to the problem as possible.
6. zip up TraceAI.txt, AAI_*.log, and AAIStartH.txt from your RO folder, send them to me (upload to your favorite free file hosting site, or pm me for my email address)

Note that if taking two traces for different issues (like I asked above), do the whole thing twice - when you start a new trace in game, it deletes the old one.

#36 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Added, some of the stuff you asked to the edit in the prior post as you where posting.

Found a different problem though.  When setting AutoComboSpheres <10 as soon as any mob shows up I get a Azzyutil.lua:1758 attempting to compare a number with nil error.

I assume that means it finally will be trying to use slivervein.

#37 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

Added, some of the stuff you asked to the edit in the prior post as you where posting.

Found a different problem though.  When setting AutoComboSpheres <10 as soon as any mob shows up I get a Azzyutil.lua:1758 attempting to compare a number with nil error.

I assume that means it finally will be trying to use slivervein.

Some constants are missing. 

Add the following to H_Extra:

ComboSCTimeout=0
ComboSVTimeout=0

Also, don't bother trying it with grappler skills, those aren't going to work - it looks like I never set the combo timeouts for them period. 

After adding that to H_Extra, set tactics to CLASS_COMBO_2 for something, and see if it works, and if it doesn't, get a trace of it. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 January 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#38 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

It's odd... it works 1/3-1/2 the time after adding those constants to H_Extra. The other times I get $skill is tied to $previous_skill

The two things I can think of of hand are either the timing of the cast is really close and sometimes hits right and sometimes doesn't OR the skill "variable" isn't being cleared between mobs I.E. she thinks she has cast sonic claw already and tries to cast silvervein which then fails. 

Not sure how much longer I have tonight for testing, I definitely will have more time tomorrow to try and catch whats happening in a trace. 

EDIT: she also seems to cast caprice with class_combo_2 set, and with the limited testing I have done so far it seems failure rates are higher after caprice was cast. Is it possible that the cooldown on caprice is not letting claw be cast? Is caprice even supposed to be cast?

Edited by meoryou2, 29 January 2014 - 03:16 PM.

#39 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

When it fails, do you see it using Sonic Claw before it fails to use Silvervein?

#40 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

I think so, but,  I found something interesting. She will flawlessly combo over and over on a solid ping ( tons of HP ) after the initial failure due to caprice. 

Whenever caprice gets cast the next combo fails. Caprice shouldn't be getting cast when using combos anyways, it's just a pure waste of SP for the damage done. 

For some reason caprice is being cast like sniping is enabled, even though sniping is explicitly DISabled.  She will cast caprice while either idle or moving towards the monster instead of walking and using combos.  If there are any other setting to disable to stop this let me know and I will see how it fares.

#41 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

I think so, but,  I found something interesting. She will flawlessly combo over and over on a solid ping ( tons of HP ) after the initial failure due to caprice. 

Whenever caprice gets cast the next combo fails. Caprice shouldn't be getting cast when using combos anyways, it's just a pure waste of SP for the damage done. 

For some reason caprice is being cast like sniping is enabled, even though sniping is explicitly DISabled.  She will cast caprice while either idle or moving towards the monster instead of walking and using combos.  If there are any other setting to disable to stop this let me know and I will see how it fares.

That's because of a bug in the skill selection routine. Presently, CLASS_COMBO_* and CLASS_GRAPPLE_* doesn't preclude the use of other attack skills - though it will use combos in preference to other skills, but if it's out of range for those skills, it will use caprice if it can (which it can while chasing, since it's ranged..)

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 January 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#42 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

I've set orc skels on snipe medium and zenorcs on snipe high, but despite like 12 roving zenorcs on screen, it'll attack the orc skeletons on me when I really want it to ignore them for the zenorcs >_> Rescue is off for orc skels and on self for zens.

I turned orc skels to snipe low instead and now it's focusing more on zens!

#43 ravezon

ravezon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSabah, Malaysia
  • Server:Chaos-Ravezon_Inc

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

i got 1 question...maybe the others get the same problem and ignore it but...my alche always dc when i teleport to new map when the ai are on. is it normal?

#44 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

That's because of a bug in the skill selection routine. Presently, CLASS_COMBO_* and CLASS_GRAPPLE_* doesn't preclude the use of other attack skills - though it will use combos in preference to other skills, but if it's out of range for those skills, it will use caprice if it can (which it can while chasing, since it's ranged..)

Can you start fixing that for the next testing set of the AI? Something with caprice does seem to be what is causing the current issues.

Also getting the grapple skills up would be nice... I'm willing to test them whenever it's ready.

#45 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Goddamnit, i answered this already and the stupid forum ate it. 

Can you start fixing that for the next testing set of the AI? Something with caprice does seem to be what is causing the current issues.

Also getting the grapple skills up would be nice... I'm willing to test them whenever it's ready.

Will have one ready in a few hrs. 

i got 1 question...maybe the others get the same problem and ignore it but...my alche always dc when i teleport to new map when the ai are on. is it normal?

Happens on sub-par connections if homun is active when owner teleports or changes maps. Put homun into standby (alt+t) before going through portals if this effects you, or use Lowerping/WTFast to get better connections. 

I've set orc skels on snipe medium and zenorcs on snipe high, but despite like 12 roving zenorcs on screen, it'll attack the orc skeletons on me when I really want it to ignore them for the zenorcs >_> Rescue is off for orc skels and on self for zens.

I turned orc skels to snipe low instead and now it's focusing more on zens!

This is correct behavior. 

Attack Medium that's hitting owner is prioritized above Attack High which is not. 

Attack Low (and React Low) do not prioritize themselves above higher attack priorities if the target is hitting the owner/homun. 

#46 firewind

firewind

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

sometimes Sera bugged abit she get atked but she doesnt do anything like no moving back or atking

#47 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

sometimes Sera bugged abit she get atked but she doesnt do anything like no moving back or atking

What version are you using? (Check AAIStartH.txt to verify that the version you think is installed is being used by the game)

If you are using any version other than 1.541, that's the problem. Since the 9/4 update, there have been issues with chase, follow and attack, which would result in the homun trying to chase something, but not moving (because the behavior of Move() was changed). I finally got that sorted in 1.541, thanks to some rapid development assistance from Sapphic, who seemed to be very good at reproducing the issue. 

If you're still getting AI hangs with 1.541 (where the homun stops moving and attacking), please type /traceai while it's in that bugged state, and then type it again ~20 seconds later, or whenever it sorts itself out and starts moving again (whichever comes first), then send me the TraceAI.txt in your RO folder, and I'll investigate what's causing it. Thanks in advance for providing a trace - I can't solve these sorts of problems without a trace. Also, it is helpful if you can describe what's going on around you when it's hung like that. 

#48 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

http://drazzy.com/ai...I 1.542test.zip

See changelog - assuming you're in the right mode, and EleanorDoNotSwitchMode or w/e is off, it should be able to do full combos of either set of skills. Does it?

Edited by DrAzzy, 30 January 2014 - 02:17 PM.

#49 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Ahh, I see. Also, I have Orc Archers on React High and turned on rescue self... which was a bad idea lmao. It got stuck like 5 cells off my screen.

I have some weird errors in my log file from yesterday, though o: I didn't really have any problems?

01/29/14 16:05:22 H2    Closest() Failure!-15 , 25 alt =0 logstring=x,y62,61 ox,oy-15,24range = 1 d-77,-37 o-15,24 new-14,25 adjust ccw-15,25
01/29/14 19:28:37 H4    Attempt to move to location 34,47 which is 15 cells from owner, call disregarded
01/29/14 19:28:37 H4    Attempt to move to location 34,47 which is 15 cells from owner, call disregarded
01/29/14 19:28:38 H4    Attempt to move to location 34,47 which is 15 cells from owner, call disregarded
01/29/14 19:28:38 H4    Attempt to move to location 34,47 which is 15 cells from owner, call disregarded
01/29/14 19:28:39 H4    Attempt to move to location 34,47 which is 15 cells from owner, call disregarded
01/29/14 23:48:15 H4    We were in MOVE_CMD_ST trying to move to 0,0 while owner standing at 150,146

Edited by Sapphic, 30 January 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#50 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

http://drazzy.com/ai...I 1.542test.zip

See changelog - assuming you're in the right mode, and EleanorDoNotSwitchMode or w/e is off, it should be able to do full combos of either set of skills. Does it?

Grapple mode works good...

But when she is set to combos ( full combos ) as soon as she targets something and tries to sonic claw I get a AI_main.lua:1128 attempt to index global 'V' ( a nil value) error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users