• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Weissengel

Weissengel

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:17 AM

Hi, im new on RO2 and im a lv 21 magician.

The thing is i dont know if should become a wizard or a sorcerer. Im reading lots of guides and forum posts but it seems that there has been a new patch that has changed everything i read in all those guides. I loved playing wiz in RO1 and im kind of nostalgic about that, but sorc seemed to be pretty OP before this. Are these classe`s best skills still bugged? Which class is more required?

Thanks for reading  :no1:

#2 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

Sorcs have no trouble finding parties. Both consume a lot of SP, which is a pretty big drawback for some. (Wizards can regen SP, but both have Water Emblem...) Wizards have sustainable DPS but sorcs have burst damage+heals.

I have nothing on Ranger damage though (other ranged class) lol.

#3 Weissengel

Weissengel

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Thanks Lokasenna ^^ Ive been told that sorcers now should be FS, since DPS sorc isnt worth it. Is that true? Others say LoR is bugged and heals 29 dmg.

Does Summon Aqua miss every hit?

Is VS not worth the skill points? Some say it has a high miss rate.

Is a max thunderstorm and LoV build usefull?

Edited by Weissengel, 31 January 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#4 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:18 AM

Lots of patches took place and the end result is. 
Sorcerers are no longer a dps class. They can of course, max out their DPS and attempt to just attack only, but their dps doesn't compare to even tanks dps and so it is a waste of time until they fix the damage for them. FS is good, but even that somehow managed to get slightly nerfed. LOR doesn't critical anymore but it is fixed, healing wave/rejuvenation lost % in how much they heal. Overall, sorcerers just got wrecked and aren't enjoyable... but i haven't mentioned wizards.

Wizards levitation doesn't work at all (not that anymore cares) and their dps is just as garbage as sorcerers. The difference is they are a DPS class. Their fire emblem + explosion does allow for a few moments of increase damage but they can't burst damage at all, and will burn through their SP rapidly while using fire emblem over water emblem. At the current moment, just pick whichever one you think best suits your playstyle. I have never had problems finding a party as a sorcerer or wizard so they equally can join into raids though most raids want 2 sorcerers there are generally no wizards and everyone likes their buff.

#5 Winterdrop

Winterdrop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationFFXIV-
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Lots of patches took place and the end result is. 
Sorcerers are no longer a dps class. They can of course, max out their DPS and attempt to just attack only, but their dps doesn't compare to even tanks dps and so it is a waste of time until they fix the damage for them. FS is good, but even that somehow managed to get slightly nerfed. LOR doesn't critical anymore but it is fixed, healing wave/rejuvenation lost % in how much they heal. Overall, sorcerers just got wrecked and aren't enjoyable... but i haven't mentioned wizards.

I'm a sorcerer and I'm fine with my dps. My build currently is full dps with some skill points on LoR.

I agree that we got nerfed pretty bad, our hits and crits are not as high anymore, PvE wise, but it's still playable. I think aqua doesn't work anymore, with its hits missing 100% (I have no idea if they fixed this), but my dps is still good. Threat still goes up.

FS sorcs are good for farming/grinding parties that aren't able to look for a priest, but with the 1z skill resets out of the kafras, it would be a waste staying as a FS, since you can't change back to dps or hybrid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users