297 replies to this topic

#51 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

See, that's why internationalization should consider defining some translation rules. There is not only  "haste" but also "cast speed" right now....

btw: Let me translate it for you:

1 Chocolate = 10 Cacoas

1 Chocolate Cream = 100 Cacoas

1 Chocolate Cake = 1000 Cacoas

Blue Spinel: 8000 Cacoas

Blessing Powder: 12000 Cacoas

Lucky Powder: 12000 Cacoas

Infinium: 12000 Cacoas

Master Battle Manual Order: 12000 Cacoas

Valentine RO1 Costume Box: 10000 Cacoas

When the Master-Level-Letters event was around, one M-A-S-T-E-R-L-E-V-E-L word (= 11 letters) gave you a coin and 10 coins a box with Infinium. Therefore, the drop rate for the new Cacoas should be about 100 pieces for every letter from the mentioned event to have a similar outcome.... except that you would still not get any potions or battle manuals.

In regard of the current Kafra costs:

Blue Spinel: 75 KafraCash

Blessing Powder: 120 KafraCash

Lucky Powder: 120 KafraCash

Infinium: 120 KafraCash

Master Battle Manual Order: 200 KafraCash

Valentine RO1 Costume Box: ???

The cost for 1 Box containing an average of 100 Cacoas = 10 Chocolates = 1 Chocolate Cream is worth 1 KafraCash.

Good luck to anyone else like me who has a job and rl responsibilities.

#52 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I'm hoping the 'perma' costumes in those boxes aren't an insanely low % and are actually plausible to get out of them ~_~;

and of course the whole item-dropping-off-mobs things and not being broken also....

Other than that... yay arrow shower~ didn't know it was wonky~? xD

duck beak munil item </3 *sigh* *continues to hoard coupons*

I'm looking forward to seeing it all though~ is it the 5th yet? >;3

#53 REVOLVET

REVOLVET

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

This patch is really awesome ! Various bugs have been fixed. Classes are perfectly balanced and potions are proportionally adjusted. Also, new dungeons are implemented for ML10 and ML20.

#54 Meldince

Meldince

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

still no fix for shadow explosion =/

#55 qaz2

qaz2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

Is Ranger's Falcon still miss almost all of his attacks?

#56 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Is Ranger's Falcon still miss almost all of his attacks?

It doesnt miss as before,but its dmg even maxed and with good gear is still...not so worth it as before. And trust me, I'd know. My ranger was mainly FA before AoV. Ever since, it hasnt been the same anymore.

#57 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Not quite as stupid as spending too much real money for the same purpose... or 100+ Phantom Stones to get a row 7 costume.

both are a sickness, the real cash for the same purpose is called compulsive buying

#58 Maharaorajah

Maharaorajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

Will the Cacao drop rate actually be reasonable compared to some past event item drops?

#59 Pharol

Pharol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Will the Cacao drop rate actually be reasonable compared to some past event item drops?

Of course not. Money, dear boy. Money.

#60 Thewz

Thewz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

So we need 10.000 Cacaos to get 10 Chocolate cake ?

Edited by Thewz, 03 February 2014 - 05:01 AM.

#61 DuBisk

DuBisk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationNapoli, Italy

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

The prices are insane. Change them to more reasonable ones BEFORE the event starts. People will complain anyway in 2 days if you don't, so you'd better fix it now.

Edited by DuBisk, 03 February 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#62 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:32 AM

1. Event <<< lel~ wp / dev better be damn sure that it will drop or else there'll be incoming rant thread...

C. You have to collect Cacao from monster drops or the event quests, or purchase the Valentine Chocolate Box for 10 Kafra Points . 

Ro1 Bard <<< ... looks like a street performers from the slums =.=

Spoiler

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 03 February 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#63 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

Are the caocaos REALLY going to be a monster drop this time or are we going to have an issue again like the snowflakes >.>

Also... as a former ro1 player, the new costumes look kind of lazy. Not impressed. 

Edited by magpi, 03 February 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#64 AlphaHex

AlphaHex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

I don't know, but one thing is to complain aobut the new mechanics, nerfed classes and skills, SP consumption, etc but complaining about a temporary event and the prices for the rewards isn't too much??? ppl are now complaining about anything, even the most tiny things, if you don't like the event just DON'T DO IT... I didn't like the halloween event so I just skipped it... I think this one is exactly the same so.... to hell with it

#65 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

Drop rate has always been -_-ty so I can't see why this would be any different. These are p2w titles, not like the caroler one they gave out for free.

#66 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

I don't know, but one thing is to complain aobut the new mechanics, nerfed classes and skills, SP consumption, etc but complaining about a temporary event and the prices for the rewards isn't too much??? ppl are now complaining about anything, even the most tiny things, if you don't like the event just DON'T DO IT... I didn't like the halloween event so I just skipped it... I think this one is exactly the same so.... to hell with it

I think the issue with this event is that even at 100% drop rate it would take 8,000 monsters to get 1 blue spinel, 10,000 for a costume box, 120,000 monsters for the best title, etc etc. That's insane even for hardcore legitimate grinders.

#67 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

This is not something people should be passive about though. Sure, it doesn't make or break the game but it's still something they could improve on. The devs need to see our real opinions and just dealing with it while not doing the event doesn't get them to change it at all. Being quiet about it and letting the event go without a word doesn't make them realize how stupidly retarded the prices are. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they plan to make the drop rate equivalent to a 1 month grind to get the non-p2w titles, and a single piece of infinium is 2k extra drops? So 1 month for 1 infinium piece? That's absolutely horrid. There's no sense in letting the event proceed with those prices without a word. Feedback is feedback. How do you expect them to improve on the event and change their perspective for the future? Do you think they actually look at stats of who does the event? No. They probably only look at the amount of boxes bought for the p2w title. If we want these events to have a better play to win ratio compared to the pay to win part we definitely need to speak up. Again, it's feedback.

Edited by Billeh, 03 February 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#68 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

Because events should be some fun thing that people can do beyond straight ML grind, that both f2p and cash shop players can do - using cash just gets you things way faster). People expressed concerns about Mayor Plumberge (was what, 100k-1million seeds?), then the Halloween titles ended up slightly easier - apparently, grinding + quests for Watcher weren't too awful. I didn't participate because the drop rate was a bit depressing, but it was still an improvement.

As I stated earlier in the thread, I quite enjoyed how Winter Nights went.. the grind there was reasonable and let f2p players get cute costumes. The snowflakes not dropping was a huge mistake, but, from quests you could at least get a hat right off, or save for a costume (or just buy food/spinels). The master level event also was a very reasonable way to grind items to get useful rewards.And, as another example of CMs/devs listening.. people complained about the respawn on the Santa Poring for that event and it was fixed (dunno if they did it for Stormy, too).

I don't care if the top title is straight up cash-only, but I would like to be able to get some sort of rewards for free on my characters. I think deep down, WP/Gravity does want to please their players.. they just have some communication issues that get in the way at times.They need our input to make it happen.

EDIT: Oh, and on a similar note - I hope they fix the gear drop rate this patch, so that bags aren't filled in 5 minutes of mobbing. Otherwise, farming for chocolate will be a pain. :p_swt:

Edited by raela, 03 February 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#69 AlphaHex

AlphaHex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Events are optional activities in the game, and since the game is so broken in activities that are not optional that's why I think complaining about an event is unnecessary

#70 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

It doesnt miss as before,but its dmg even maxed and with good gear is still...not so worth it as before. And trust me, I'd know. My ranger was mainly FA before AoV. Ever since, it hasnt been the same anymore.

I think the damage is bug. My skill attack power is 988, and my "300%" falcon's damage is .... ~700 and ~1k4 with crit....

#71 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:odin

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

SM skills consumes a huge amount of sp then the rest of magic class I hope they fixed this too.

#72 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

Events are optional activities in the game, and since the game is so broken in activities that are not optional that's why I think complaining about an event is unnecessary

Well actually, when you play a game, you always sign an unwritten agreement. Players spend a certain amount of time playing the game, some spend money for it and in return game developers give you some goodies for your support.

In such an event, developers take up the lead. They first announce the reward and if done wisely, players will response appropriately. Even if most players wouldn't spend money for it, it would still keep the game from being filled with nothing but ghost towns.

Gravity has proven that they do not honor such a contract by creating AoD and Chaos. Basically, these dungeons were limited to a vast minority of players, keeping anyone outside the door who couldn't defeat Ratmaster or Maya. I know a few players who left the game because they didn't want to do PvE or CoA forever.

I have spent more money for RO2 than for Skyrim, Assassin's Creed and Torchlight together and I am still a casual player, that has never used a card or costume fusion tablet. Actually, the plumberge title was more expensive then Torchlight. I was willing to pay as long as I got something in return. Right now, this isn't the case and I doubt that this event will change that.

So by ignoring or playing down the issues on the current event, you're actually stating that it is ok for Gravity/WarpPortal to spend time and money into creating an event that nobody is going to use.

Edited by Greven79, 03 February 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#73 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Winter Nights was a good event because, with the daily quests you could get exp for your

chars, and with the reward items you could get capes for your alts.

Hopefully this event will have some daily quests so i can get my alts some more master levels.

#74 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

SM skills consumes a huge amount of sp then the rest of magic class I hope they fixed this too.

I can only repeat myself over and over again...

If I were a developer, I would set all skill costs to zero. It would be the pre-AoV scenario, when noone ever used a mana pot and it would give them some time to fix it without players complaining.

As a solution, I already recommended a level-/matk-dependant system and also suggested a in-combat SP regeneration (similar to Water Emblem now). The latter would also allow for awesome new things:

Some players started a proposal to change the Awake forms (Crecentia / Soulmaker) into toggles. Although this would inbalance the 10sec. finishers, you could do the following:

These "ongoing" skills cost mana PER SECOND

If done correctly, your mana (SP) total would also define the max. duration. If you keep the toggle in the "active" state while using mana pots, you might be able to defer the skill deactivation a bit, but you would also increase the "pseudo cooldown" (time until your mana recharges).

So you can add this feature to many other skills as well:

• Beastmaster - Grizzly Form
  • Beastmaster - Tiger Form
  • Beastmaster - Feral Defense
  • Beastmaster - Frenzy
  • Assassin - Shadow Form
  • Sin, Rogue, Ranger - Invisibility
  • Warrior - Berserk (or even defender)
  • Wizard - Ice Wall
  • Sorcerer - Aqua
  • Ranger - Falcon Attack
  • Priest - Angelus or Suffragium (massively increasing the skill effect)
  • Monk - Fury Explosion

You'd also get two minor fixes "for free":

• Noone would be able to use shapechange all the time, making costumes a real option for BMs ^_^
  • There won't be any 24/7 invisible bots (they run out of mana).

So let's hope, the WarpPortal guys will think about this.... starting with the "zero mana fix" first.

Edited by Greven79, 03 February 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#75 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Nvm. Too tired to start a discussion about that. *edited* 

Edited by Baddiez, 03 February 2014 - 02:15 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users