Classic: Patch notes for February 2014 - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for February 2014

• Please log in to reply
761 replies to this topic

#101 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

It must be confirmed by the GM / CM Team?

zip8.png

Not only are you taking loot from other players, you're also mob training them. It's ill-mannered behavior and needs to stop.

#102 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Why couldn't this rule have been enforced earlier? #ExtendMagmaEvent

Edited by Victoryblood, 10 February 2014 - 09:49 PM.

#103 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

ice titan for valentine pls! thanks!

#104 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

It was pretty annoying to have to deal with all the looters at magma. I really hope there is strict enforcement of such rules in the future during events like this, because quite honestly, it was pathetic. The fact that an entire guild was created around stealing people's loot in magma says a lot. <.<

The events were excellent, don't get me wrong, but it was frustrating to have our loot get greeded before our own greeder could even greed it.

#105 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

So if I buy greed scrolls from kafra I'll get banned? P2L

#106 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

ice titan for valentine pls! thanks!

+1

Glacial hearts are hearts, and are therefore V-day appropriate.

I'm a little confused about the spotlight event. In the stream Oda said it would be for Rachel and Veins. Will all Rachel and Veins maps and dungeons be spotlighted at once? Or, will GMs select different maps in these areas throughout the month to spotlight and possibly implement events? Or both? D:

(A Sanctuary TI would be pretty cool.)

#107 LesMiserables

LesMiserables

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Server:Everything

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

(A Sanctuary TI would be pretty cool.)

^

This!

#108 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

I will! Maybe tomorrow night~

#109 Razo

Razo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

I'm a little confused about the spotlight event. In the stream Oda said it would be for Rachel and Veins. Will all Rachel and Veins maps and dungeons be spotlighted at once? Or, will GMs select different maps in these areas throughout the month to spotlight and possibly implement events? Or both? D:

Regarding this (upcoming?) spotlight
Is Cursed Abbey (Nameless Island) a part of veins? or is it its own little world?

Pretty much wondering if I should vip my HP or not.

#110 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

Not only are you taking loot from other players, you're also mob training them. It's ill-mannered behavior and needs to stop.

Ralis, i see your point of view, and i agree with it (in some terms) but, you can't make rules by yourself just because your char can Shout. It must be confirmed by a GM team member.

#111 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

What's the rule I made up? It's ill-mannered behavior and I'm encouraging people to send in tickets regarding it. I didn't say it's against the rules and you'll be punished for it, I said it's considered ill-mannered and could lead to suspensions.

#112 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

What's the rule I made up? It's ill-mannered behavior and I'm encouraging people to send in tickets regarding it. I didn't say it's against the rules and you'll be punished for it, I said it's considered ill-mannered and could lead to suspensions.

Loot is FFA after the protected timer expires, I thought.  So you're telling them it's no longer FFA after the timer expires.  It can only be one or the other, not both.

#113 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Loot is FFA after the protected timer expires, I thought.  So you're telling them it's no longer FFA after the timer expires.  It can only be one or the other, not both.

Exactaly!

This is about how you say, not what you say.

#114 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

There's a difference between picking up loot someone's leaving behind and dragging monsters onto players to greed their loot as they're currently picking it up / dealing with monsters. Yes, after that five seconds it's FFA, but if you're dragging monsters onto players or repeatedly looting them before they can pick it up themselves that's harassment.

We're just encouraging people to be a little nicer in Nogg. There was also an announcement made to not harass or swear at other players. I don't expect anyone to actually be punished for vague rules, but it did do its job and made the event a little more enjoyable for the remainder of the night.

#115 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

instead of investing time on banning more bots, staff have to waste time of sh!t like punishing greeders or ksers.

i see

#116 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

I hope we get a nice vday quest *-*

#117 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Supposedly the Rachel / Veins event is of "titantic" proportions so... Yeah...

And from what I heard, the VDay quest we got from kRO sucks. Bad.

#118 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

Are we getting a lucky box on Classic, Ralis?

#119 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

kRO, keeping that bar low :C

#120 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Ralis, go write a Vday quest about your love for Oda and make it give something badass.

#121 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

There's a difference between picking up loot someone's leaving behind and dragging monsters onto players to greed their loot as they're currently picking it up / dealing with monsters. Yes, after that five seconds it's FFA, but if you're dragging monsters onto players or repeatedly looting them before they can pick it up themselves that's harassment.

We're just encouraging people to be a little nicer in Nogg. There was also an announcement made to not harass or swear at other players. I don't expect anyone to actually be punished for vague rules, but it did do its job and made the event a little more enjoyable for the remainder of the night.

This is a joke right? These greeders aren't "mob training" half of them cant even get hit once and live and what party wouldn't want more monsters on them anyway? That's kinda the point of partying there. Loots a FFA after 5 seconds. Your "rule" is pretty try hard.

#122 SirLumen

SirLumen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

I agree, people is also getting rich by just greeding/griefing other parties, because the loot rules are broken, ninja looting seems to be encouraged and is one of the worst ways of griefing, why is someone who is not on the party, not helping in any way able to pick up the loot , even cards on this game?

The loot rules need to be looked at, and 5 secs for loot to be free for all makes no sense, imo make that 15 secs ot even forever, if you want to give the loot so someone outside the party just trade it.

We had a greeder of our own on our party, AND three other happy greeders just following us on the whole map and becoming rich out of griefing, they even told us that the rules on this game are "griefing for loot is allowed" I mean this is a priority that needs to be addresed as soon as possible.

What kind of game encourages griefing/stealing/ninja looting/trolling? :p_sick:

Edited by SirLumen, 11 February 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#123 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

The loot rules need to be looked at, and 5 secs for loot to be free for all makes no sense, imo make that 15 secs ot even forever, if you want to give the loot so someone outside the party just trade it.

I need to agree with this solution, it's a good way to solve this problem, and futures problems like this.

:p_smile:

#124 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:44 AM

What kind of items would you like to see in a lucky box?

#125 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:47 AM

What kind of items would you like to see in a lucky box?

how come u dont ask people on renewal that???

i want bbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users