Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics! - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
392 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

So, since we had Leonis start it off last time, we're going to start this time with Draconis.

The changes currently being set for testing will be close to what was last posted, but there are some subtle changes.

Again, these changes aren't finalized. There's still plenty of room for change.

Spoiler

So, remember, these changes are for your reference to see before hand what we've done. Play testing will be a whole different thing and I'd like your feedback to be posted within this thread. Please don't make new threads. If I think one is needed, I will make it and we can continue there.

We will grab as recent a database for Draconis as possible to host on Pegasus and go from there. I will likely leave Pegasus running all weekend. I highly recommend if you have a Pegasus client, to connect to the patch and start getting the bulk of the update now. A smaller patch will be updated when we are ready, hopefully just before the live servers go down for maintenance.

If you haven't got the installer yet, you can download it from here: http://games.gravity...linePegasus.msi

Looking forward to seeing your feedback and many of you play testing tomorrow.

#2 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

A question regarding these new effects. When a new stack is applied, will the duration of all stacks refresh, or will each stack have its own timer and disappear one at a time?

#3 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Oh boy on draconis my characters average 200 levels lower

btw those spoilers, lol! :P

Edited by DoubleRose, 06 February 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

A question regarding these new effects. When a new stack is applied, will the duration of all stacks refresh, or will each stack have its own timer and disappear one at a time?

Yes, they will refresh the timer! :) Had to make sure that was working correctly yesterday.

#5 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Yes, they will refresh the timer! :) Had to make sure that was working correctly yesterday.

Ok good to know. That might make some of the values given there just slightly dangerous, but then again that's only pure conjecture.

Will take a good look at the raider during testing, since those seem to be the main point right now.

#6 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

I had considered that the values are pretty powerful, the timer is likely going to get reduced to something more like 10 seconds, as the 30 seconds was more than enough time to max out the stacks even on level 1 with ease. And that isn't quite the design goal. So, maybe that's something to keep in mind as a change to try testing out. But I did want and very much intend for these passives to make it so that engaging in combat steadily reaps a reward for the Raider, as well as poses a greater threat to anyone who might face them and not dispatch them as quick as possible.

But don't overlook the Mage's gains too. Those masteries can make them a bit quirky to play and play against.

The Bourgeois got a tweak to how those skills function as well, which should help open up some more possibilities in strategy and choice of build.

And the adjustments to the supportive side of Clerics, should make things a bit more challenging as well as interesting to play and strategize with.

We do plan to expand further on these styles of skills for each class and provide additional mechanical updates for various skills as time goes on.

Some additional concepts still being worked towards

• Knight's get a boost for every successful block.
  • Artisans' get a set of support summons, where if you're in vicinity of it, it will grant a boost.

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

The big thing is, my bourgeois mage and scout are still in the making (low lvls), so I'm not sure if I'll be able to test them well. Got a maxed dual raider and cleric I'm going to focus on over the weekend.

Think the duration for the stack effects would be good at 15-20 seconds, but we'll see about all that in a few days~

Edited by jerremy, 06 February 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#8 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

There's no update on knights?

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

There's no update on knights?

Not this time around. Eventually, there may be some changes, as noted to some concept ideas.

#10 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Pegasus is ONLINE!

There is a client update, so please make sure that you go through the patcher once more before logging in, otherwise you may get a couple errors or non-working mechanics.

I want to apologize that I won't be online Pegasus. I had expected it to be running a few hours ago. Didn't really see the issues cropping up, but some settings on the server were altered without our knowledge since we last used it. Oh well :(

In any case, it's working now, and will be running for the weekend. If it happens to go down, please let us know, but don't continuously re-post, if it doesn't come back online quickly. Pegasus is a test server and doesn't have a high priority on attention.

Have fun everyone, please post only in this thread (please, please, please, don't make new threads, it makes it hard to keep track)

Thanks and enjoy~

#11 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I am in Pegasus server now, Where do I get skill reset? so I can try new skill

Edit:I will be adding what my opinion

Mistake:

1. Manabreak now 75 secs cooldown.

2. Cleric's Healing skill does not heal.

3. Siphon Trap is not MP Down 50%, but it turn to Mute effect instead

Edited by FireJin, 07 February 2014 - 09:48 PM.

#12 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

they all look the same to me in Pegasus ....

I think since the adrenaline rush viciuosaccordance and criticval accordance become a passive skill. the skil points distribution should be reduce to 1 on other passive. cause if we learn all passive we will end up not having other skill.

Edited by Zurn, 08 February 2014 - 06:24 AM.

#13 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

I think since the adrenaline rush viciuosaccordance and criticval accordance become a passive skill. the skil points distribution should be reduce to 1 on other passive. cause if we learn all passive we will end up not having other skill.

I think they are not planing for Katar raider to get all three new passive. If they can get all skill and those 3 new passive, Katar raiders would be dam powerful. You may need to give up some atsp passive to gain some of those passive in long term fight since stack got by melee hit and Katar is melee hit class. So Katar raiders almost gain the stack almost all the time.

We will see more type of Katar raiders. It is fine for me. I already think what I would give up to get some of those new passive.

#14 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:26 AM

the stacks work great, but still the dodge is useless, I put dodge set on mine it has 4.1k dodge my spear champ with 1600 accuracy hits almost all the time like 3 hits in 4 blows . and my clerics"s heal does not heal and the mp drained so fast, and where can I do reset skills ?

#15 butterchocolate

butterchocolate

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

I have a question. Supposedly we should have the free reset but we don't have it why?. Also, how are we gonna check on the mobs also? 

Edited by butterchocolate, 08 February 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#16 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

leo or shaz we cant reset our skills or stats at pegasus also it says: Learned [Restore] [lvl:1] sp:2  :hmm:

besides this i have the issue on healing. the mana costs is okey cos it gets restored soon. but the amount of hp you are heal is so much decreased that you need 6-11 heals more to get the hp amount from a party member again to 100% and before i needed like 3-5. and if its a really hard party and more are almost dying it will be impossible. i cant test that cos there are just 5 players testing atm :sob:

Edited by angeltje, 08 February 2014 - 07:42 AM.

#17 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

I have a question. Supposedly we should have the free reset but we don't have it why?. Also, how are we gonna check on the mobs also? 

atm their is a party in xita going on for testing

#18 butterchocolate

butterchocolate

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

Could you prolong the draconis players pegasus testers? since there's a lot of changes happening

#19 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Leo,

I am on Pegasus with several others, concerns one (which was mentioned above) is no skill resets have been given (not sure if they were supposed to or not)

While we were fighting we noticed it said:

Learned [Restore] [LVL:1]: 2SP   - I was fighting and so was the other cleric and cannot at this time seem to figure out why we keep getting them

I have asked the others in the same party to express their concerns with any reasoning on what they like/dislike too.

#20 butterchocolate

butterchocolate

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

Anyway I have suggestion regarding the unique skill reset. It seems that it's a bit unfair if you reset ALL of it if you just want to remove ONE of them. Can we have the reset to made to be chosen instead of having them all gone? 

#21 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

I think they are not planing for Katar raider to get all three new passive. If they can get all skill and those 3 new passive, Katar raiders would be dam powerful. You may need to give up some atsp passive to gain some of those passive in long term fight since stack got by melee hit and Katar is melee hit class. So Katar raiders almost gain the stack almost all the time.

We will see more type of Katar raiders. It is fine for me. I already think what I would give up to get some of those new passive.

. Its not like katar would be over power, but try to compare with other classes. For example champs , whether spear, axe , or two hands sword. They can most likely learn all the combat skills and passive while raider classes , even before the new 3 passive skills, have already given up so many other skills , cause so many skills to learn on meele section to get to the raider skill tree . For example to get scree attack, raider needs to learn 5 combat skills which cost 25 points if im not mistaken, than to get the sleep knive took 10 sp. try to compare to BA and bourgs . They also could learn most likely all the passive and combat skills. My scouts even got left over SP . I stil think hawker's deffence should get boosted a bit , since they most likely in combat in the middle of aoe . Or maybe give a bit more of deffence so it could survive a bit longer .

#22 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Anyway I have suggestion regarding the unique skill reset. It seems that it's a bit unfair if you reset ALL of it if you just want to remove ONE of them. Can we have the reset to made to be chosen instead of having them all gone?

i feel ya ..... Especially since mana break skill would be useless..

#23 butterchocolate

butterchocolate

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

. Its not like katar would be over power, but try to compare with other classes. For example champs , whether spear, axe , or two hands sword. They can most likely learn all the combat skills and passive while raider classes , even before the new 3 passive skills, have already given up so many other skills , cause so many skills to learn on meele section to get to the raider skill tree . For example to get scree attack, raider needs to learn 5 combat skills which cost 25 points if im not mistaken, than to get the sleep knive took 10 sp. try to compare to BA and bourgs . They also could learn most likely all the passive and combat skills. My scouts even got left over SP . I stil think hawker's deffence should get boosted a bit , since they most likely in combat in the middle of aoe . Or maybe give a bit more of deffence so it could survive a bit longer .

I agree to this one. As one of the raider players, we gave up a lot just to get some skill. As what he said regarding the melee skills, there's way too much skills needed to learn skills for raider tab. Which there are some important skills useful for raiders and yes mostly we're very soft, and yes we are raiders but we should have a higher def. not as high as knight or any other tanks but just a bit boosted. Also the dodge/accu problem is still needed to be looked at since dodge is the focus of the raiders' defence.

#24 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

Well, I'm going to have fun with my dual raiders 15%+973 mspd down.

#25 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Well, I used the Skill Reset Skill under the "Item Mall -> Item Mall 1 tab". I used it multiple times and it seemed to work on several characters.

Jobstuff.jpg

Please let us know if that isn't the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users