Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics! - Page 14 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
392 replies to this topic

#326 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

There will be skill/stat resets for the changed classes. And ehh give it another week or three.

#327 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

He doesn't understand what he's talking about Jerr. And if that's what you got from that statement Champ then you miss understood me on so many levels champpower that it's not even funny. I'll re-word the part you bolded. The intention should/could be the possibility to play the game without the REQUIREMENT of a cleric, and still have it be fun and enjoyable. Back to an issue I have, is you attempting to boycott CD's with all clerics to get what you want. That is so far beyond greedy that I have no words for it. If you really feel that way, then don't play a cleric.

#328 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Any class that has a skill change within them, would receive that 24 hour active time skill reset.

The skill changes are still not final everyone, the feedback posted is still being considered heavily.

But there are some misconceptions that I've directly noted, and also some matters of awareness that are being overlooked regarding some of the changes.

I'd like to take a look at an example that was shown, regarding the reduction of healing, with the increase to MP cost.

Heavenly Grace skill
Leonis - MP 435 for 23023 hp
Pegasus - MP 646 for 11747 hp

Integrity single target
Leonis - MP 227 for 27627 hp
Pegasus - MP 543 for 19791

First, since the numbers are being looked at, let's have some perspective.

Heavenly Grace -
On Pegasus, it was reduced by about 50%, compared to Leonis (the live server)
Here is what was overlooked, the cooldown was halved, from 20 seconds to 10. So, as for healing power goes, all that was actually removed was the direct healing power and amount from 1 skill cast. (An AoE might I remind everyone) that healed you for nearly 2/3 of an on average Knight's Max HP at Max level. Pretty much a full restore for any other class, every 20 seconds. By cutting back on the heal amount and the cooldown as we have, it actually heals more over time for repeated casts than before.

Now, even with that, we look at Integrity, the base amount was reduced by not even 100, and it now gives a secondary effect, which adds a stack of Healing Touch. Healing Touch, adds a 5% increase the the amount of healing the affected user received healing by. Up to 5 stacks. Oh and if you got Healer's Touch maxed, one hit of "Cure" will put 5 stacks of Healing Touch on the target (or remove up to 5 'Wounds' from the target)

So, if we use the values given.
19,791 * 1.05 = 20,780
19,791 * 1.10 = 21,770
19,791 * 1.15 = 22,759
19,791 * 1.20 = 23,749
19,791 * 1.25 = 24,738

But let's keep in mind, that this affects ALL healing done to that target. So,now the rest of your healing spells, on that target, receive a 25% increase when they are healed.

And did I mention Integrity's cooldown was reduced by 3 seconds as well? So yes, instead of 15 seconds, it's 12, a 20% reduction in recast time.

Now throughout all of this, I did not make any mention regarding the MP Costs. Reason why, is because we didn't settle on what was last used. MP Cost and consumption is harder to judge, because of available gear, skill passives chosen and value. The increases to the MP Cost and Recovery skill passives were helpful, but still lacked the varying design option they provide and have a strong sense of feeling forced, even with gear. So MP Costs are being scaled back further, (lowered) mostly for their Party versions. The single target versions have costs are doing well as they were designed. But the Party versions seem to be a higher drain than initially anticipated, given average build and equipment setup. The point of balance we're looking for is that the party verisons not be used as a suppliment for supporting a single target at length. We need there to be a drain otherwise some builds would too easily be able to eternally support not only themselves, but anyone else on their team in their vicinity.

There was a statement that Clerics are "hard pressed to get the basic skills of heals, buffs, mana shield, blocks and mystic armor with the SP we have." You're right. And you're supposed to. You may not agree with it, but it is intended. No class, Cleric included, is not supposed to be able to have everything without having some difficulty in some aspect of game play, be it in combat or what skills you have available.

From what I've witnessed, Clerics are able to sustain themselves in a fight pretty well, even with the "nerfs" and balances that were done. There is more to think about, as was covered by DoubleROSE in his video review which I still think gave a pretty honest and solid review given the various mechanics that have been added and changes to the class. Even being from the viewpoint of a Battle Cleric, the Class itself did not suffer so much it cannot find its balance.

Oh and by the way, losing 1000 defense, depending on what you have as defense doesn't make as huge a difference as you may think.

Spoiler

TL;DR version.
Actual healing output potential increased.
MP Cost is being adjusted down, but reaching the point we wanted balanced between the constant use of single vs party effect heal support and not let them feel like "extra single targeting heals".
The defense reduction isn't as bad as you think in most cases of what defense you actually have now. (See chart above)

We would really like to implement the update to the live servers, because there are several key fixes integrated with the update that will help with some other stability bugs we've caught and we cannot separate them from the Pegasus code changes without severe difficulty. So, what we're looking forwards at, is implementing the update soon and continuing getting feedback from everyone and working on the finer points of balance while on the live servers.

#329 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

Oh and here's the latest MP Cost changes (values are as if they are reduced from live server, not previous Pegasus version being tested)

Spoiler

#330 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

Is the changes above the reason why i can't log in to pegasus right now? .__.

#331 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Pegasus may have been disconnected from the network outage and I've been rather busy getting things worked out because of it. I'll restart it, if it's down right now.

#332 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Should be back up  now :)

#333 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

thank you :>

#334 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Sorcery Mastery

• Sorcery spells have a 9% * SkLv (45%) chance to apply 1 stack of Mystic Weakening on cast to target.

On pegasus, mystic weakening only adds 30% on lvl 5.

#335 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

There are two things to keep in mind. :)

One is the skill that unlocks the access the chance of an effect to occur, the other is the actual effect.

Sorcery Mastery (is the passive skill, which states the chance of applying the effect, "Mystic Weakening" )

• Sorcery spells have a 9% * SkLv (45%) chance to apply 1 stack of Mystic Weakening on cast to target.

Mystic Weakening (is the triggered effect on a successful chance roll, to apply to the target of a cast Sorcery spell)

• Reduces magic defenses by 5%, for 30 seconds. (Max 5 Stacks: 25% Magic Defense Reduction)

#336 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

You are right, I did not take into effect the cooldown changes of the heals and I am sorry, I should have considered those.  And if the MP costs are not as high as originally stated then it should be fine, or at least we can give it a shot.  I am just frustrated.  The cleric keeps getting changed, more than any other class.  And when we finally have a good build....boom changed again.  I am not against change, honest, but it always seems like negative changes for clerics while other classes get new skills, etc.  But I know, Life is not fair and you are trying for a balance of game play and classes.  But once people are able to build their characters so that some are perceived as OP things will be changed again.  

I would never want the cleric to be a jack of all trades as I said.  But the cleric should be able to build their characters to be really good in one area (battle, full support, war support, etc.) just like an artie can build their char for con crafting, sen crafting or battle.  They have no problems getting all the skills they need to do very well in their chosen sub-class.  That is all I am asking for the cleric.  Anyway, I will give testing a shot again but the real proof will be in the live server.  Thanks for the explanations, it does not seem as dire as we thought while testing and the mp should work out.

#337 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

I mistyped it :mellow:. What I meant to say was, it only gives 30% chance on max lvl.  On the description it says:

"All Scorcery Spells have a 6% chance to apply 1 stack of Mystic Weakening on to your targets. Max 5 stacks. Mystic Weakening reduces Magic defense by 5% ,per stack, for 30 seconds"

#338 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

It could be that just the description needs to be updated. Can't test though.

#339 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ah, yes, the description is manually placed currently, because of how we've worked the system to allow for this new feature, it isn't able to dynamically link up and show the true effects of the data, we have to include it as descriptions, for now. I will update the descriptions to be accurate for the next patch. :)

#340 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Okay boys and girls, we're updating Pegasus with current Leonis data, and I'm hoping I can get you to come try playing in the Crystal Defenders while we have our maintenance!

If we can get a match or few going, in a few hours, we'll switch the data over to Draconis and continue the fun!

Of course, if we don't get anyone, then Genesis will be sent to the box for the day.

#341 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Patch v77 is up, contains MP Cost adjustments for many healing spells and other minor tweaks and fixes.

Leonis data is loaded from yesterday.

Let's see if we can get a game going!

Try not to join a group, just sign up for the Crystal Defender match.

If you need levels, I will level you to 230! (message "[DEV]Leo" )

Pegasus is ONLINE!

Oh and ignore the missing material messages. That's about to be fixed but wouldn't affect anything.

#342 GerreMas

GerreMas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:59 AM

Its a bummer that theres noone in the lvl range of 201-220 who plays crystal defenders ^^

#343 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

"Servers are currently unavailable etc.." I think trying to play this game more was a mistake. This skill update needs to be implemented now on the live servers. 

#344 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

lafamilia00, the server is not down, try again. And next week is when the update will reach the live server.

Since we're down for maintenance, I thought it'd be fun to try to get others to join in while there's nothing else to do. The live servers are going to be down for an extended time to perform a full maintenance, along side with the network maintenance our IT Team requested this morning.

Also, on Pegasus, if there's anyone NOT in level range, message me [Dev]Leo and we'll see about getting those levels. :)

#345 GerreMas

GerreMas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

"Servers are currently unavailable etc.." I think trying to play this game more was a mistake. This skill update needs to be implemented now on the live servers. 

It was announced 2 days ago that there would be a maintenance ,

and ingame around every half hour there was a message,

just have some patience ^^

try to look forward to when the skill update will actually be on the live servers.

but u also need to understand that they want to be sure that most of the buggs are out,

and gameplay is smooth/good.

#346 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

lafamilia00, the server is not down, try again. And next week is when the update will reach the live server.

Since we're down for maintenance, I thought it'd be fun to try to get others to join in while there's nothing else to do. The live servers are going to be down for an extended time to perform a full maintenance, along side with the network maintenance our IT Team requested this morning.

Also, on Pegasus, if there's anyone NOT in level range, message me [Dev]Leo and we'll see about getting those levels. :)

Well, i just downloaded the lastest patch seconds ago, and I get the same message with "servers are etc.etc.". and yes this is the Pegasus server. I know the live server is down right now. I don't feel like re-installing either.

Oh well, maybe it's a sign  :wave:

#347 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

It was announced 2 days ago that there would be a maintenance ,

and ingame around every half hour there was a message,

just have some patience ^^

try to look forward to when the skill update will actually be on the live servers.

but u also need to understand that they want to be sure that most of the buggs are out,

and gameplay is smooth/good.

I am looking forward to it to bring more people back to play

Also if it was just to make sure that bugs are weeded out, there wouldn't be these suggestion of skills that people are making. There are so few people actually testing from reading this topic that they shouldn't pass final judgement on what skills should be or not be changed. When this hits the live server, there will be more topics and more suggestions, which is good :)

#348 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Bug testing is priority, balance testing is ever ongoing because we keep adding to the game.

We have the initial balance testing because the changes were pretty impacting, but they've been smoothed out. After which, I'm sure some finer details and issues will arise, we'll address those when we are aware of them. We can't possibly catch every issue, especially with such low attendance and interest in Pegasus :(

Once again,

PEGASUS IS ONLINE

Leonis data is loaded from yesterday.

Let's see if we can get a game going!

Try not to join a group, just sign up for the Crystal Defender match.

If you need levels, I will level you to 230! (message "[DEV]Leo" )

#349 TheRaiderIII

TheRaiderIII

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:U serious tho?

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

And it's offline :D

Nvm. server just got crashed.

Edited by TheRaiderIII, 05 March 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#350 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Surprise disconnect. What else did we expect?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users