Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics! - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

Pegasus Testing - New Skill Mechanics!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
392 replies to this topic

#26 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Checked on my characters, it wasn't there. 

#27 butterchocolate

butterchocolate

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

Well, I used the Skill Reset Skill under the "Item Mall -> Item Mall 1 tab". I used it multiple times and it seemed to work on several characters.

Jobstuff.jpg

Please let us know if that isn't the case.

I just checked out pegasus again and went to the item mall tab but it isn't there. It seems it might be on the server problem

#28 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

Alright-e. I will inform the team about this.

Thanks guys for confirm this.

Update: The Stat/Skill Resets should be added soon! Be on the lookout for an announcement made here and on our Facebook!

#29 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:46 AM

Everyone should have the Skills to reset your Stats and Skills on Pegasus! Please let us know if that isn't the case.

#30 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

As others have already said, the cleric heals are not working.  

#31 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I just test my both Katar and Dual Raiders

Katar Raider

- According to these 2 new passive Vicious and Critical Accordance, it is start to be max stack and be powerful within 30 secs fight with 20% chance each stack. Also there will be new Unique for its to give another 10% chance extra, that would be 30% chance, so katar raider would be able to max stack within 20 secs and being powered next 30 secs. I think the chance of gaining each  stack is too high as katar raider because they are melee hit job, they can gain stack easy even 15% chance.

In the other way

Dual Raider

- It has been given  max 15% chance to gain 1 stack on Shattering Blows while the class is not melee hit job like Katar. So it is going to be pain to gain it to max stack, not like Katar raider that can max stack so easy within 30 secs.

- This passive is not worth to make Dual raider have to use melee hit 30 almost all the time to keep def down stack on them with 15% chance

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I suggest to..

1. Decrease the Chance of Katar Raider can gain Critical and Vicious Stack. It is still not so hard for them to max stacks since 90% of their time is melee hit.

2. Or if GM does not intend to decrease Critical and Vicious Chance, they should be decrease by duration to gain stack to make it has chance to fail to max stack as well

3. Increase the Shattering Blows Chance for Dual Raider to gain each Stack because the class is not melee dmg type. Most dmg of this clas of their skill. 15% Chance to gain each stack withing 30 secs is really hard. Because they have to give up making dmg on skill hit. So I tried to do use normal hit only to max stack, it take like 1 min and that 1 min my skill would be much stronger while Katar Raider can take 20-30 secs to stacks. Or make it applied on every type of hits, both skill hit and melee hit

4. I think the Stack when it is maxed, it should be working for 30 secs, And when it is done, it should re-stack again. If not, it would make Raider can make those stacks maxed within 30 secs and stack is maxed the rest of the fight whenever they are hitting

Edited by FireJin, 08 February 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#32 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Been testing a bit, this is what I've come to so far:

Bug reporting:

-As already mentioned, heals don't seem to heal properly. 

-The siphon trap does not properly drain mp, it only silences.

-Jury rigging does nothing when used. The other bourg buffs seem to work.

Now, a little bit of concerns about the balancing aspect.

First of, the cleric mp costs: This is one issue that is going to occur, but the new mana costs seem too high. While some I can agree with, when the mana cost increases by triple, quadruple or even quintuple its original amount, you're going a bit too far. Don't forget that while increasing the mana costs so much, you're also decreasing the effectiveness of the heals.

Secondly, we've been focusing a lot of testing on the raider, and I have to say, the changes made the raider perhaps a lot more powerful than intended.

Katar raider: While this class is still squishy as always, the offensive stats they have are incredible. To give an example, without building much attack speed in equipment (the only attack speed you get is from your katars and a glorious set, which totals 38.4%), when buffed (we're taking a cleric with max cha here), the katar raider has 30% (glor) + 8.4% (epic katars) + 135% (passives) + 50% (max adrenaline stacks, this happens after about 10 seconds of combat) + 107% (attack speed buff) = 330% attack speed. You don't have to build a lot of critical either since you can easily drop someone's crit with critical weakness stacks, so you can just build attack power with a bit of critical, and have about 2.3k attack power while still having that 330% attack speed.

I think either the strength of the new stack effects have to be lowered slightly, or the chance has to be lowered since it's currently far too easy to get stacks with the attack speed you have.

Dual raider: Personally I haven't even noticed the effect of shattering blows, it barely does anything. But the dual raider has been given a lot of other buffs that make them pretty hard to deal with. Personally I think the evasive guard buff is too much. Maybe buffing it up to 75% would be more appropriate, 100% is just overkill. That together with the strengthened accu and mspd down makes them really hard to hit, even for classes that do have high accuracy. Classes that don't have high accuracy can forget about landing even a single hit while evasive guard is up.

Edited by jerremy, 08 February 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#33 8800121104201448080

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Okay, it says "Cooldown:75.0 s" for Mana break instead of "7.5s"

#34 SoLoPK

SoLoPK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

well the pegasus tester is just like normal client just some new couse if there is not rest skill u cannot learn that trap new skill so cannot test anything. :P is will nice if there is reset skill so you can test it for 100%.The client work fine no problem .

#35 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

I just test my both Katar and Dual Raiders

Katar Raider
- According to these 2 new passive Vicious and Critical Accordance, it is start to be max stack and be powerful within 30 secs fight with 20% chance each stack. Also there will be new Unique for its to give another 10% chance extra, that would be 30% chance, so katar raider would be able to max stack within 20 secs and being powered next 30 secs. I think the chance of gaining each stack is too high as katar raider because they are melee hit job, they can gain stack easy even 15% chance.

In the other way

Dual Raider
- It has been given max 15% chance to gain 1 stack on Shattering Blows while the class is not melee hit job like Katar. So it is going to be pain to gain it to max stack, not like Katar raider that can max stack so easy within 30 secs.
- This passive is not worth to make Dual raider have to use melee hit 30 almost all the time to keep def down stack on them with 15% chance

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I suggest to..

1. Decrease the Chance of Katar Raider can gain Critical and Vicious Stack. It is still not so hard for them to max stacks since 90% of their time is melee hit.

2. Or if GM does not intend to decrease Critical and Vicious Chance, they should be decrease by duration to gain stack to make it has chance to fail to max stack as well

3. Increase the Shattering Blows Chance for Dual Raider to gain each Stack because the class is not melee dmg type. Most dmg of this clas of their skill. 15% Chance to gain each stack withing 30 secs is really hard. Because they have to give up making dmg on skill hit. So I tried to do use normal hit only to max stack, it take like 1 min and that 1 min my skill would be much stronger while Katar Raider can take 20-30 secs to stacks. Or make it applied on every type of hits, both skill hit and melee hit

4. I think the Stack when it is maxed, it should be working for 30 secs, And when it is done, it should re-stack again. If not, it would make Raider can make those stacks maxed within 30 secs and stack is maxed the rest of the fight whenever they are hitting

i have not tested out the dual raider yet, but as far as for katar; the idea of stacking aspeed and mspeed are great, since raider would be the first target to bi killed cause of their vulnerable defence and dodge. I think the system of stack for now is great. I think raider would pretty much going to stealth or cloack after 10 seconds during the masive aoe. Therefore, if we reduce the chances of gaining the max stack in 20 secs , i think the stack would be usefull. As for the duration of the stack 30 sec i think its fair, since beserk, evasive guard , guard, refllect and jurri rigging last that long as well. As for dual raider i think it works great since they are untouchable for 30 sec cause once the evasive guard ran out, they are as vulnerable as the katar raider. I think the aoe should be adjusted according to its player"s accuracy so is not like 100 % hit and its so painfull for the hawker class to get hit by aoe and dont forget mostly hawker class has hp lower than 20k

#36 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

The duration of the stacks isn't really 30 seconds though. It's 30 seconds after not attacking as a raider. So basically as long as a katar raider doesn't die, his stack duration is infinite because he hits so fast he's guaranteed to get another stack in the next two-three seconds.

#37 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:04 AM

The duration of the stacks isn't really 30 seconds though. It's 30 seconds after not attacking as a raider. So basically as long as a katar raider doesn't die, his stack duration is infinite because he hits so fast he's guaranteed to get another stack in the next two-three seconds.

. Ah i see what you mean.. Perhaps those stacks are the benefit being a raider who has low defence and useless dodge ....

#38 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:11 AM

. Ah i see what you mean.. Perhaps those stacks are the benefit being a raider who has low defence and useless dodge ....

Well, I do agree raiders needed a buff, but I think it's just a bit too much right now.

Personally I think the stacks should give a little less, for example this:

-Adrenaline rush: 10% movement speed and 5% attack speed, to a maximum of 5 stacks, which grants a bonus 50% movement speed and 25% attack speed.

-Critical weakness: 2% crit down, to a maximum of 10 stacks, which is 20% critical down.

-Critical impact: 5% crit damage increase, to a maximum of 5 stacks, which grants a bonus 25% critical damage.

You still have the 50% mobility bonus, but the combat values are slightly reduced to prevent complete snowballing.

Edited by jerremy, 09 February 2014 - 05:12 AM.

#39 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

Since pegasus is currently running with the draconis data, i didn't manage to check out the effects of raiders on my own. Means, i'm making the following statment based on the fights i watched.

Yes, katars deal a way more damage now, however comparing it to the damage output of battleartis, mages and champs with u-berserk it seems fine. A BA for example deals just as much damage, is ranged and got a way more def. About attacking a max charm cleric: They got neither def nore dodge, currently most classes can kill them within 10 seconds.

#40 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

again clerics heals sucks now i tested it. and i gonna HATE the update.

i think its better to not decrease the amount of hp by 50% but by just 20 or 30%. i can live with that but 50% just sucks.

pls listen leo cos decreasing with 50% is not fair and not nice at all, do it with 20 or 30% at the max.

Edited by angeltje, 09 February 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#41 DrWrong

DrWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:-

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

i feel ya ..... Especially since mana break skill would be useless..

you can buy unique skill reset for ALL unique skills at the npc up the stairs from Clan manager

#42 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yeah and then you have to find all those unique skills you didn't want to remove again.

#43 DrWrong

DrWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

will someone come to pegasus TG , I am only lvl 130s and cant kill Shazamo

#44 DrWrong

DrWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Im testing my MOD killing powers, plz come help me

#45 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Draconis / Leonis

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Too bad the healing skills aren't working, like the mana flames are bugged. Could only test the use of mana per healing. This is quite high, but can't compare it with the healing it does. Let us know when both issues are fixed.

#46 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Draconis / Leonis

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Leonis, I (and probably otherones too) am very interested in the reasons why you would come with this update. Can you explain something of the concept? It would help us to understand why these changes will benefit the game and bring the game to another level. It would give us insight of which result you want to achieve. With the explenation of the concept we can, maybe, give some feedback that corresponds with the concept it self. Thanks alot!

#47 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

ok so the changes to some about over-riding the buffs and the mage are very good and im glad have been changed.

however, i dont get why your adding all these new status effects for? imo your adding pointless things regarding pvp when other things need to be fixed.

i think now their is just too much.. way too many.

maybe fixing the champs beserk and how they hit SO hard yet still have good def etc

#48 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

you can buy unique skill reset for ALL unique skills at the npc up the stairs from Clan manager

i think people dont want to reset all the unique skill since the only unique skill theyntrying to remove is the mana brake, perhaps there should bena unique remove skill where people can choose which unique skill to remove instead of removing the whole thing. Well i dont have a problem since my cleric has all the tomes from the item mall, but i bet some people are using the tome from the dungeon ... Lets hope more people will spend time and testing thisnskill update so we can get more input ...

#49 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Since pegasus is currently running with the draconis data, i didn't manage to check out the effects of raiders on my own. Means, i'm making the following statment based on the fights i watched.

Yes, katars deal a way more damage now, however comparing it to the damage output of battleartis, mages and champs with u-berserk it seems fine. A BA for example deals just as much damage, is ranged and got a way more def. About attacking a max charm cleric: They got neither def nore dodge, currently most classes can kill them within 10 seconds.

i agree withbob, hopefully those stacks can make raider have something to offer to equalize those other classes ..

#50 DrWrong

DrWrong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

http://techland.time...eo-game-tester/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users