Failed to connect to server - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to connect to server

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 R4K1

R4K1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

I checked the server status and it's says it is connected, but when I try to log in it automatically says "Failed to connect to server". What's going on? Is it just my internet or something because my internet connection is working fine, heck, I'm using it to post this right now  :p_cry:

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

When do you get that message, exactly? 

Failures at different points in the process indicate different problems.

What kind of internet connection are you on? Do you get internet through your college, university, or employer?

Have you previously been able to play from the same computer? From the same internet connection?

Edited by DrAzzy, 07 February 2014 - 09:55 AM.

#3 R4K1

R4K1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

It fails to connect after I enter my user and password and try to enter Chaos server. This is the internet that I usually play RO on with the same computer. It is a home connection wifi. It has been a couple of weeks since I have tried to connect to RO, but I wasn't expecting this.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Huh! 

So you're able to connect to login server, but not char select. 

Do you have lowerping/wtfast running but not connected? If these are running, but not connected, they'll keep RO from connecting. 

#5 R4K1

R4K1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

That is correct!

Do you have lowerping/wtfast running but not connected? If these are running, but not connected, they'll keep RO from connecting. 

^ I'm not sure what lowerping/wtfast is or how to connect them.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

That is correct!

^ I'm not sure what lowerping/wtfast is or how to connect them.

They're programs that many players use to improve connection performance, by directing the connection to char select and map servers through a high-performing proxy. 

If you have not installed these programs, that doesn't apply to you. 

Not really sure why the connection wouldn't be going through, then. 

#7 R4K1

R4K1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Ah I just checked the performance of the ping of my wifi and it is doing poorly. I guess I need to go to the cable company and get this resolved which will hopefully fix the problem with my RO. Thanks for the advice!  :ani_meow:

#8 Pahya

Pahya

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

I just began having this problem earlier tonight. I start the game, it patches and loads to the EULA acceptance. After hitting yes to immediately disconnects from server and closes the game.

#9 Alehanz

Alehanz

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

Reinstalled the client. Still the same error.

#10 Alehanz

Alehanz

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

I can log in just fine on a different account, but not on my main one which has the VIP package. Please help, I am tired of wasting my time with this.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

If the issue is effecting only one account, you need to submit a ticket and wait for the GM response, which will probably take several days, as there's a bit of a backlog right now. 

I just began having this problem earlier tonight. I start the game, it patches and loads to the EULA acceptance. After hitting yes to immediately disconnects from server and closes the game.

This is not the same problem. 

They are getting an  issue after they select a server, you aren't getting that far. Please start a new thread with more detailed description of your issue including the exact text of any and all error messages. 

#12 Alehanz

Alehanz

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Got it. Yeah, I've submitted one yesterday, no response so far, guess I'll just have to wait. Sure hope this time they will reply quicker to my ticket since the last time it took them about three weeks to get back to me.

#13 Alehanz

Alehanz

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Still the same thing. I've tried emailing the support multiple times, but alas, no response. And yeah, the ticket has been up for several days now. Am I going to get reimbursed for this? Kinda tired of wasting my vip package days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users