Soulmaker skills/stats? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Soulmaker skills/stats?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 xsailorsaturn

xsailorsaturn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:09 PM

So I recently created a noel because I wanted to explore new classes and such. When I hit lvl 25 I decided to go soul maker cos I don't really see many of them around. I did all my skills and stats according to guides online. Most of my stats are in INT and some in AGI, I'm putting most of the skills I get into the right side of the skill tree.

I'm really frustrated about it because she does crap damage and her mana goes away so freaking fast. Is soulmaker just a crappy class or am I just doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated :P

#2 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

It may seems crap damage at low level but it will get better and better. Most DPS SM skills do eat a lot of SP. From my view, SM is more to Supporter-type class than DPS.

3V9ZUlV.jpg

P/S : That is hybrid build SM.

#3 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

Soulmaker pre AOV patch has the most SP consumption among all classes (but the rate is still torelable), and now SM not only being the weakest dps class among others, but also get a reward to deplete SP 3 times faster even compared to sorc (which also drains SP fast)

#4 Rindoukan

Rindoukan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Odin Server

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

when i first made my soulmaker i was running into this sp problem too.... but that was because I was use to playing monk which pretty much has to kill monster 1v1. Once i realized soulmakers have aoe like skills it made it much easier. My advice would be try to kill as many monsters in a group at once as possible, you'll drain massive sp moving from 1 monster to the next when you can infact round up 5 or 10 use deathspell and hit them all at once with soul extortion or mental breakdown (just remember to keep a cure on yourself). I left my dps skills (with the exception of sacrfice and immunity) at level 1 and i didn't have any problems leveling my sm. Hope this advice helps ^_^

#5 ArukaX

ArukaX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:00 AM

the right side of your skill tree are your healing skills, for leveling all you basically need is restoration or cure. like rindou said, SM mob killing method is to gather 5+ mobs, use deathspell to put the soul inject debuff on all of them, then spam either a fully maxed mental breakdown or a fully maxed soul extortion (dont max both, is one or the other, though people prefer MB now for the chance of a instant cast sacri)

#6 SumPsychoChic

SumPsychoChic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Have to agree with a few of the comments above here.

Been playing my SM again with my friend's Crecentia, and I put my skills into AOE instead of heals for now since we don't need them as much and using the rotation of pulling 6-7 mobs, casting death spell then soul extortion then mental breakdown, the mobs all die pretty quickly because the skills jump to all the mobs after using death spell. I also then use awake - immunity when I have it and throw cures on myself and friend as needed and using SP pots even when my bar is pretty full. 

Seems to me that the spell that drags my SP down the most right now is mental breakdown and sacrifice and so I just don't use them as often as I was before the SP broke.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Don't listen to those who haven't experimented with Soulmakers a lot since the more recent patches post-AoV. My Soulmaker with T1 Colo armors and a single Menace Handle with a Menace Doll can deal roughly 3k+ to 5k+ per Crit of Soul Extortion on mobs in Dayr Desert. Most guides out there are outdated right now and don't account for the changes we've gone over the past 2 months. There is absolutely no point in allocating anything other than Agi into your base Stats now, which is stupid but the only option imo.

Cure also only needs to be left at Lv5 by the time you get to Lv50. It saves you SP and still does 3k+ per tick of Cure's HoT. Don't waste skill points into Restoration and Restore. Cure is all you really need as a Soulmaker. Max Soul Extortion for maximum DPS and leveling capability. Forget about Sacrifice and leave it at Lv1. Immunity3 is a nice addition to have if you wish to support raids, but it's not as effective as Cure and Soul Extortion. Soul Links are also essential now for raiding, because Crit rate% has been nerfed as of AoV. Each Crit you perform adds a temporary buff for each Soul Link you have out on a party member. Each temporary buff, which happens to stack with each different Soul Link, also adds up to 5% Crit rate for each one. This makes for 3 total different temporary buffs for each Critical hit you deal. It consecutively helps you Crit more often as the buffs are up.

Here is an example of what you should have just before you reach Master Class:

http://www.roguard.n...01551505115111/

Build up your Agility! What makes or breaks a Soulmaker is their Crit rate%! Never enough Agility! Pump up daz Agility ya!

Edited by GuardianTK, 08 February 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#8 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

Depends on ur purpose, u can either max int for party and grind purpose, or max agi for pvp. Why max int for grind? The more int u have = more magic attack = higher cure. Even with limited crit rate (25%-30%) u can just spam lvl 1 restoration (which is SP friendly) and build the link bonus not so long (thx to our high agi base). Aim 5k cure, then u dont need to spam another heal.
For pvp, its pretty clear agi is the choice. Pvp somehow becomes the fight of who gets higher agi, means the higher ur agi more possibility to hit and crit also at the same time more chance to mock ur enemy by dodging their attack :P.
Just a note, if u max either ur mental breakdown or soul extortion, u gonna drain ur SP fast, but of course if u dont max them, u will deal dps super slow. But still, in pvp without depend on SP pots, either u run out of SP before u can kill a class or being killed soon by other class due to slower dps rate (except to the noob and undergear one). Sacrifice sounds good, but practically once this miss/parried/not crit ur dps rate will be slow after that.

#9 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:26 AM

Hrm, I do things slightly different it seems. D: Here is my current build: http://www.roguard.n...31555505111111/

I maxed the links because I do spend quite a bit of time duoing with a Crec, and when I do that, my curing is 99% through the revive link and crits (which is why I maxed AGI for PvE only). When soloing, I just keep 3 stacks of level 1 Cure on myself at all times.. even that is around 2k per tick for me, and I have never been concerned with HP. Currently, I'm pulling 5~15 golems + sandmen to level, depending on how easy they are to grab. The mob drops in seconds with Death Spell + Mental Breakdown, and it takes me a half hour of near continuous leveling (looting + running to NPC) to drain my SP. Just eat one Dayr food, or regularly eat some blue VI's, and SP isn't an issue (I don't go below 90% SP when partying with my friend).

Pre-ML though, I don't know, I guess. D: I leveled mine as pure support.. level 1 on all DPS skills, and I was solo for most of it. I could only pull 3 mobs at a time, but with Cure's buff now, doing more doesn't seem high. Just remember, as long as you can heal through it, bigger mobs mean less SP.

#10 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

You didn't do anything wrong. My mage couldn't do crap when leveling up and it is because their stats are bugged. I have two master level sorcs and wizards so yes you didn't do anything wrong. The damage for them is stupid low and you will need someone to hold your hand when leveling up until they patch the magic classes.

#11 3596130702174734600

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Server:IRO2

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

You didn't do anything wrong. My mage couldn't do crap when leveling up and it is because their stats are bugged. I have two master level sorcs and wizards so yes you didn't do anything wrong. The damage for them is stupid low and you will need someone to hold your hand when leveling up until they patch the magic classes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users