Make Seed Runes Drop in Morocc Area - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Make Seed Runes Drop in Morocc Area

68 replies to this topic

#1 Verinne

Verinne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

Since AoV Gears (Menace>Joser>Osiris) got Blue-Red-Green Seed Runes, why not make seeds drop in Morocc Area? Preferably from the next dungeon / Tomb of Osiris / Dayr Temples.

Also put Crit in Red Seed Rune [Flame] since AoV Gears got Crit sub stats or make another type of Red Seed.

#2 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

Redseed Flame runes need Cast Speed added

Redseed Blood runes need Hit added (hell, take it away from Flame if need be)

#3 4613130516161739457

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:18 AM

It's obvious that they added the seeds to the morroc gears under pressure from the users without giving it much thought. Red seed slots in gears that doesn't benefit from red seed is proof of that. Very lame.

#4 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

Redseed Flame runes need Cast Speed added

Redseed Blood runes need Hit added (hell, take it away from Flame if need be)

Do some osi gear have cast speed?

I would rather

Blood runes

parry,dodge,hit.defense

flame runes

hit,vigor,haste,cast speed,crit

Blood runes are useless for now as one set of osiris gear exists but still redseeds are outdated +1 to topic.

#5 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

If Seeds drop from Morroc Area then its gonna be more pointless to have the older raids. Those seeds actually encourage new players to do the old raids so they can get to Chaos and get the seed drops.
Now if you put it as a drop at Morroc mobs or dungeons then better take out the older raids then. Therer is no point in doing them if you can get the same stuff in Morroc easier and faster.

In my opinion its a big NO.

#6 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

I'll say no for the seeds to drop in the Morroc area.

#7 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

Well currently peeps are farming old content for the runes and it's not challenging, just a slog for gathering runes. New players wont even farm the runes as 50s they will skip raids, get ML 20 and then finish the raids into farming like we are.

I would rather runes be redistributed in new content instead of what we have now.

#8 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Well currently peeps are farming old content for the runes and it's not challenging, just a slog for gathering runes. New players wont even farm the runes as 50s they will skip raids, get ML 20 and then finish the raids into farming like we are.

I would rather runes be redistributed in new content instead of what we have now.

Exactly. The games already hella easy and you want to make it more easier?

#9 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:09 AM

Exactly. The games already hella easy and you want to make it more easier?

No the opposite. New content is easy but def harder than farming old stuff as an Osiris decked out ML 20. It would be ideal if future content provided runes and old content be stripped of them.

#10 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

No the opposite. New content is easy but def harder than farming old stuff as an Osiris decked out ML 20. It would be ideal if future content provided runes and old content be stripped of them.

So this gives the more means for people to skip everything from Bapho to AoD and just go straight to Morroc gears which absolutely makes no sense for me.
The order should be before they can do Osiris dungeons, people should do the older raids first. Like the Quest right now for Osiris dungeon is bugged and anyone can enter the tomb even without doing it.
I agree that the requirements are kinda ridiculous since those are very rare materials and theres 10 of you who will dice for the thing. But this forces players to actually complete the old raid first before getting to the new content. This is the so called PROGRESSION. You start out first as a lower rank and earn your way up. Not get to Lvl 50 and be Master Level and be end game already.
If this happens, its no different from the Embus period where evryone just got their stuff from pets and be Par with those who actually worked for the end game gear.
I still stand by NO. Horrible idea.

#11 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

So this gives the more means for people to skip everything from Bapho to AoD and just go straight to Morroc gears which absolutely makes no sense for me.
The order should be before they can do Osiris dungeons, people should do the older raids first. Like the Quest right now for Osiris dungeon is bugged and anyone can enter the tomb even without doing it.
I agree that the requirements are kinda ridiculous since those are very rare materials and theres 10 of you who will dice for the thing. But this forces players to actually complete the old raid first before getting to the new content. This is the so called PROGRESSION. You start out first as a lower rank and earn your way up. Not get to Lvl 50 and be Master Level and be end game already.
If this happens, its no different from the Embus period where evryone just got their stuff from pets and be Par with those who actually worked for the end game gear.
I still stand by NO. Horrible idea.

Not at all, you can still skip raids, get ML 20 + osir gear from crafters without even entering Osiris. Even master level 10s in joser can do older raids fine and thats whats happening now.

The only way to stop people from skipping past content is to deny enterence to them if they are Master level.

#12 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

Not at all, you can still skip raids, get ML 20 + osir gear from crafters without even entering Osiris. Even master level 10s in joser can do older raids fine and thats whats happening now.

The only way to stop people from skipping past content is to deny enterence to them if they are Master level.

Yes you can craft the gears. But the seeds need is only found on Chaos which needs you to do older raids first.
Now you have the option to pay Zenny or farm them yourself to get those. But if people knew that people just want to skip Chaos dungeon they will put OP prices on GreenSeed Runes. Which i know nobody wants to happen.
If Osiris bosses and monsters can ACTUALLY kill you when you engage them, maybe its a good consideration to put some seed runes as drops but it should be like DNA or card drop rate. But the state of the game now where everything is easy peasy this suggestion for me is still NO.

Players wants some challenge not things handed down like Jellopies.

#13 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Yes you can craft the gears. But the seeds need is only found on Chaos which needs you to do older raids first.
Now you have the option to pay Zenny or farm them yourself to get those. But if people knew that people just want to skip Chaos dungeon they will put OP prices on GreenSeed Runes. Which i know nobody wants to happen.
If Osiris bosses and monsters can ACTUALLY kill you when you engage them, maybe its a good consideration to put some seed runes as drops but it should be like DNA or card drop rate. But the state of the game now where everything is easy peasy this suggestion for me is still NO.

Players wants some challenge not things handed down like Jellopies.

You are contradicting yourself. You think Osiris is easier than farming chaos, it's not. You think doing past raids in ML 10-20 gear is hard? It's not.

My argument is end game consists of farming past content(which is easier) and new content doesnt provide seed runes which sucks for Master levels. Having AoV content provide seed runes is fine all chaos is an annoyance to master level classes.

#14 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

You are contradicting yourself. You think Osiris is easier than farming chaos, it's not. You think doing past raids in ML 10-20 gear is hard? It's not.

My argument is end game consists of farming past content(which is easier) and new content doesnt provide seed runes which sucks for Master levels. Having AoV content provide seed runes is fine all chaos is an annoyance to master level classes.

"Make the game easiest in the world and !/&"%#!" the old content" is what your saying?

#15 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

MMORPG is probably not the game that you are looking for then.

And yea Osiris is easier to farm than Chaos. You can go inside Osiris without any requirements, but Chaos will need you to get stuff from other raids first.

If you want the game to be easier then probably a private server would be best for your needs then.

Edited by jhay1825, 14 February 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#16 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

Old content is easier. How do you not understand this?

Now if you suggested scaling up old content relative your master levels that would be a logical solution the problem. I would rather farm newer tougher foes for my runes instead of weaker past raids.

MMORPG is probably not the game that you are looking for then.

Nonsense.

Edited by Haboob, 14 February 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#17 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Uhm..old content is easy but can you solo raids with a fresh Level 50 character?
What iam saying is putting the seed runes to the new content will just make players skip everything and i dont think RPG's doesnt work that way.
We can already get crafted gear with no to little effort and you want the seeds also be obtainable easier? xD

#18 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Uhm..old content is easy but can you solo raids with a fresh Level 50 character?
What iam saying is putting the seed runes to the new content will just make players skip everything and i dont think RPG's doesnt work that way.
We can already get crafted gear with no to little effort and you want the seeds also be obtainable easier? xD

Why are you so blind, ive said this 5 times? and you fail to acknowlege it.

New players can and do skip raids and will complete them overgeared, which makes them the easiest thing in the game. Then after and only after they are decked out will they farm Chaos.

Now since people will do this, having seedrunes dropped from morroc content makes sense.

Theres no barriers in place to keep new players from subverting content and doing it the normal way.

Edited by Haboob, 14 February 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#19 Verinne

Verinne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

@jhay1825

As you may know, people already skipping old raids since they buffed-up AoV gears. Keeping Seeds in FF and Chaos wouldn't encourage players to get back to older raids (or Chaos). Have you checked Find Party Window? you rarely see Chaos party now despite the increase in Green Seed prices. Also, they already killed the storyline by removing sidequests so I don't think they care much about older raids anymore.  

- I'm not saying they should drop from normal field mobs but at least from dungeon mobs or boss.  

#20 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

I would prefer to get the seeds using Victory Medals I, II, III.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

I would prefer to get the seeds using Victory Medals I, II, III.

This!!! Do this instead! Even just VictoryIII's would do!

#22 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

@jhay1825

As you may know, people already skipping old raids since they buffed-up AoV gears. Keeping Seeds in FF and Chaos wouldn't encourage players to get back to older raids (or Chaos). Have you checked Find Party Window? you rarely see Chaos party now despite the increase in Green Seed prices. Also, they already killed the storyline by removing sidequests so I don't think they care much about older raids anymore.

- I'm not saying they should drop from normal field mobs but at least from dungeon mobs or boss.

Im very aware of that. The people who does older raids are the players who are working on their Chaos requirements which is only a few.
About Chaos raids, it can be cleared by solo, duo parties now. So people dont really post it much on Find Party, they just find a friend and invite to do some Greenseed farming.
The older raids wont have much meaning now if that happens and a lot of people doesnt want that. I like raiding and making a party of 2-3 and clearing raids isnt as enjoyable. Well heck you can even solo everything to be honest. Do people do really like the easy way?

Id go with the Victory Points for changing SeedRunes, which still basically gives meaning to all the raids.

Games already boring and you already have nothing to do when you reach Master Level 20 and have Osiris Gears, i dont want it make it more easier.

#23 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

Im very aware of that. The people who does older raids are the players who are working on their Chaos requirements which is only a few.
About Chaos raids, it can be cleared by solo, duo parties now. So people dont really post it much on Find Party, they just find a friend and invite to do some Greenseed farming.
The older raids wont have much meaning now if that happens and a lot of people doesnt want that. I like raiding and making a party of 2-3 and clearing raids isnt as enjoyable. Well heck you can even solo everything to be honest. Do people do really like the easy way?

Id go with the Victory Points for changing SeedRunes, which still basically gives meaning to all the raids.

Games already boring and you already have nothing to do when you reach Master Level 20 and have Osiris Gears, i dont want it make it more easier.

You have no idea how the game works. Chaos can be cleared solo but it's slow so making 10 mans is a common occurrence to farm green seeds faster. Also you can't solo Ratmaster or Maya(ive tired) and making 10 mans is what i did to complete the chaos enterance quest.

Im against victory points for green seeds as well, past raids are tedious not easy since they offer no rewards beyond a select item(green seeds in this case)

If you want past raids to be still part of the game you need to suggest scaling up the monsters and rewards to fit master level needs.

#24 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Double post. Typing on phone sucks. =_=

Edited by jhay1825, 14 February 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#25 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

You have no idea how the game works. Chaos can be cleared solo but it's slow so making 10 mans is a common occurrence to farm green seeds faster. Also you can't solo Ratmaster or Maya(ive tired) and making 10 mans is what i did to complete the chaos enterance quest.

Im against victory points for green seeds as well, past raids are tedious not easy since they offer no rewards beyond a select item(green seeds in this case)

If you want past raids to be still part of the game you need to suggest scaling up the monsters and rewards to fit master level needs.

Scaling their damage? They are not doing their intended damage on you and they cant hit you also. And to add your HP and damage is super buffed up. Needs for master level? How about..uhm..learning to raid? Do you want everything to be just tank and spank? What im saying is it shouldnt be encouraged to skip past raids and be done. Is it supposed to be as easy as that? You clearly want everything to be handed down to you. I shall say the word "Progression" again, it means you progess through various levels before you reach the final or end game content.
Now if people wants to get their stuff easier without progessing then sure make this game more boring as it is.
The Victory points are only useful for Hard Raid requirements and some purple gears which i guess is optional. Putting more value in it isnt such a bad idea considering you are required to do old raids, save some VP for exchanging them for Seedrunes and when you reach your master level or Chaos then you can use them. Like exchange them for a Seedrune Random Box. Then you have the option of farming on Chaos or farming VPs.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users