Costume Fusing Broken? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Costume Fusing Broken?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#26 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

I've been trying to fuse my 2s Lollipop stick for months, ya know, every now and then fuse it in high hopes for a 3s -- Well I've tried fusing it more often since theres been more lower faces.

To be honest, I don't care if it looks like a lollipop stick anymore.

I just did fusion on it today only using a rune maintain and it went from a Lollipop stick to Thief Hood to Rice Paste and now back to Thief Hood, forever a 2s.

My ownership of my lower face item has gone through over 20 attempted fusions since ownership.

Fusion on lower/mid accessories is ridiculous x_x

holy -_- , that reminds of back when I was trying to fuse for a 3s lower back in July or August. My snorkel with app/rune maintain turned into a Santa Rudolph..LOL

Edited by jdmtouch, 17 February 2014 - 05:51 PM.

#27 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

It could be that some items cap at only 2slots while others cap at 3, but dunno

#28 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Fusion same as Card syn, some costumes will give high chance of having a rare one but until now no one sharing this 

technique, some accessories were limited to 2 slots. That's why some accessories have same appearance but different names..  

#29 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Since this thread is blowing up faster than I thought, I decided to come back to put another 2 cents in (and also to vent lol).  I just want to clarify the slates canceling each other (or both) out does not seem like it happens very often.  The problem is though that they allow it to happen and do not notify the community about it.  The only time anybody gets notified about it is when we rage and put in multiple tickets about the issue… basically they make few bucks off of us first before they let us know, completely unethical imo.  Costume/accessory fusion has been implemented since June, so for eight months now this is a “known issue” and nobody is doing anything about it or notifying us players about it.  I have asked for compensation many many times, and have even asked for a simple explanation/apology on how unfair fusion is and I get the same copy-and-paste, generic replies just worded slightly different every time.   I have a ticket I have opened back in November which has over 100 replies on it now, and to this point they still do no acknowledge the fact that fusion is not working “as intended” or have “random” results.  If fusion results is completely random as they tell me, then getting a 3s (with no rune maintain) should have a 25% chance.  Logically, every fourth  fusion should result in a 3s item, but out of just what my character wears I have easily fused over 100 times and only have one 3s accessory.  I’ve fused my Shy 43 times, Viking Armor 24 times, Angel Wing 17 times, and my Pacifier 20 times.   My last thing I want to say, goes back to the using both slates thing.  Look at this link:

http://playragnarok2...news/article/68

How misleading is this???  One of the screenshots clearly shows two slates being used and the text above it reads “…and add any slates…”   which implies they want us to use BOTH slates lol.  Even after bringing this up they still have not given me any real compensation… *sigh* Okay, I’m done complaining now lol

Edited by 1308130513203919253, 17 February 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#30 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

Since this thread is blowing up faster than I thought, I decided to come back to put another 2 cents in (and also to vent lol).  I just want to clarify the slates canceling each other (or both) out does not seem like it happens very often.  The problem is though that they allow it to happen and do not notify the community about it.  The only time anybody gets notified about it is when we rage and put in multiple tickets about the issue… basically they make few bucks off of us first before they let us know, completely unethical imo.  Costume/accessory fusion has been implemented since June, so for eight months now this is a “known issue” and nobody is doing anything about it or notifying us players about it.  I have asked for compensation many many times, and have even asked for a simple explanation/apology on how unfair fusion is and I get the same copy-and-paste, generic replies just worded slightly different every time.   I have a ticket I have opened back in November which has over 100 replies on it now, and to this point they still do no acknowledge the fact that fusion is not working “as intended” or have “random” results.  If fusion results is completely random as they tell me, then getting a 3s (with no rune maintain) should have a 25% chance.  Logically, every fourth  fusion should result in a 3s item, but out of just what my character wears I have easily fused over 100 times and only have one 3s accessory.  I’ve fused my Shy 43 times, Viking Armor 24 times, Angel Wing 17 times, and my Pacifier 20 times.   My last thing I want to say, goes back to the using both slates thing.  Look at this link:

How misleading is this???  One of the screenshots clearly shows two slates being used and the text above it reads “…and add any slates…”   which implies they want us to use BOTH slates lol.  Even after bringing this up they still have not given me any real compensation… *sigh* Okay, I’m done complaining now lol

Yes your correct.. If these slates were not intended to use on the same time then why our fusion window has "3 WINDOW ADDITIONAL ITEMS"??

i don't understand it whether the bug effect has good impact on them, ignorance to whats happening is a crime.

We demand clear statement.. 

#31 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

On Feb 5 or 6th, I fused a [Foxtail] 1s runed with a [Duck Beak], using both Rune Maintained on first slot and Appearance Maintained on second slot. My result came out [Foxtail] 2s with one runed.

So this bug might of came out this previous patch? I can vouch, like most others that played this game, that this is a bug and shouldn't be considered a feature or intention of the Devs.

The bug does no necessarily happen every time.  It also could be that your apperance maintain didn't work and you got lucky and just got another foxtail :P

Ouchie... yeah I was under the impression, from personal experience, that costumes are easier to slot (till lately, lol), so I haven't expanded outside of those much.

But if not using the appearance maintain does randomize it, it seems like both things are working at the same time, with only a *chance* of one failing. I just don't get how you can get +0 added slots *so* many times, over and over and over again. I mean even if you have awful luck and that's horrible RNG for you, you shouldn't fail *that* often. In the past adding additional slots took 2 attempts at most.

Exactly, I have failed getting 3s 150 times now since November.  And yes, the 150 is the exact number, I screenshot every fusion I do and post it on my ticket I opened in November.  Even if the 3s success is only 1% I should at least have one or two by now lol.  At 25% (which is what they told me on my ticket)  It would be impossible for me to fail that manytimes in a row...

It could be that some items cap at only 2slots while others cap at 3, but dunno

Yeah, some items are bugged... for example Pacifier can't be turned to 3s.  Be careful though, because they won't tell you until you fail over 20 times lol.  They need to make money off of you first :P  And don't expect any compensation via KP, cause they will only offer you in game items.

Edited by 1308130513203919253, 17 February 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#32 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Holy moly, I'm so glad this thread is getting responses though, I really want something done about this~

Look at this link:

That page won't even fully load all the images for me, lol. I think it needs to be updated with more detailed and recent imformation

Exactly, I have failed getting 3s 150 times now since November.  And yes, the 150 is the exact number, I screenshot every fusion I do and post it on my ticket I opened in November.  Even if the 3s success is only 1% I should at least have one or two by now lol.  At 25% (which is what they told me on my ticket)  It would be impossible for me to fail that manytimes in a row...

You've got some serious determination trying 150 times though, I'd personally be raging pretty hard after 10 fail attempts. Heck, I already whined and made this thread after 7 tries.

#33 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, I'm glad you started this thread too.  Honestly, I've been afraid (and too lazy) that if I made a thread like this it would've been just a waste of time.  I just thought it would be couple trolls just giving me crap for QQing over P2W content lol.  And yeah... I spend like 80% of my KP/zeny on costumes in this game lol, so bad, but everybody has their way of enjoying this game and costumes is my addiction :3

That page won't even fully load all the images for me, lol. I think it needs to be updated with more detailed and recent imformation

This is the pic and text above it on the link I was talking about:

Once you have placed your two costumes, and any additional slates, you will be able to choose if you want a Random costume or select one of the options at the bottom (if you have not used an Appearance Maintain Slate).

xNYNYB8.png?1

With this game only having two items to put in there currently, that's obviously a screenie of them using both apperance and rune maintain slate.

Edited by 1308130513203919253, 17 February 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#34 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Costumes are my addiction in this game too xD

Yeah that was on of the few images that did load for me, but they need to add information like "you're not supposed to use both or risk one failing", among other things mentioned in this thread... especially if they're "aware of it"

#35 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Costumes are my addiction in this game too xD

Yeah that was on of the few images that did load for me, but they need to add information like "you're not supposed to use both or risk one failing", among other things mentioned in this thread... especially if they're "aware of it"

but thats the issues they dont want ppl to know about this. hence the only ppl that are aware are the ones that file tickets and actually called them out on this. if u never make tickets or actually rage and call them out on their lies. they wont tell u anything, except its working as intended..

the reason why me , sarah, don know this stuff is yea we screenie everything we do and make tickets when theres these issues and question alot of stuff in game. trying to get stuff fixed properly and fair to other players.

cuz like i stated in many of my tickets the way they run fusions and refinement they are basically stealing from players. by not letting ppl be aware of these issues, and deliberatly ignoring it.

just like if certain items cannot ever become 3 slotted , they should have a list of all costumes and all accessories and what slots they can become.

#36 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

cuz like i stated in many of my tickets the way they run fusions and refinement they are basically stealing from players. by not letting ppl be aware of these issues, and deliberatly ignoring it.

just like if certain items cannot ever become 3 slotted , they should have a list of all costumes and all accessories and what slots they can become.

I absolutely agree with all of that ^ =/

#37 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

I miss when getting 3s items wasn't impossible :/ Back when I first got into fusing, it would only take me 5 or 6 tries at most to 3s anything. I should have never sold any of my 3s items I had back then lol

#38 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

I miss when getting 3s items wasn't impossible :/ Back when I first got into fusing, it would only take me 5 or 6 tries at most to 3s anything. I should have never sold any of my 3s items I had back then lol

hahaahahha i know ill hear about this tomorrow for laughing but thats what u get for wanting zeny ahahahh. should have kept your 3 slot items like i did

#39 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

Pretty sure you ARE allowed to use both slates. Doesn't make any sense to be only able to use just one, why would we have more item slots in the window then? Besides, the whole idea IS to spend more in those slates so we can keep our rune/appearance to slot something. I don't buy this whole "its not intended to use both"; if it were, it would have been already listed as another bug or ninja-fixed in some patch (you know how devs tend to ninja-fix things that dont bother us or that actually benefit us, rather than gamebreaking bugs), especially considering how many tickets have been filed about this. No, I'm not buying that. Ticket Support people can come up with very stupid, generic and/or confusing replies some times (like, telling you something and then something totally different to another person with exact same issue, I've had it happen).

3slotting items...really. Shouldnt be so hard, especially when it has already many random factors, and youre already spending quite a lot in it (fusion tablets, slates, costumes, etc). The RNG is already bad in this game as it is, why are they making it even worse? So much cash-milking will only make people rage.

That said... damn, I still want a lollipop stick D: 

#40 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

Funny thing is that they are now telling people that both slate was never intended . Back in my days they told us to use both slate(ask any old players) to save both costume and rune. It only took us 3-5 tries to get 3s. I file a ticket on 8/3/2013 about my fusion. 20-30 tries on each category except for wings(only about 10-15 times those were expensive) expecting to get at least 3s but never once did it turned to 3s and all my fusion had 2s punched with rune inside. The only best way to get 3s after that 1 major big patch ever since was to start from 0-1 slot. Hence why u see so many new costume 3s with 1 punched or allUNPUNCHED. Pretty much if you have 2s item it's best that you sell it as it won't get to 3s. Oh and 1 more thing ... I get the generic answer " upon further investigation, at this time we have tested and indeed it is working as intended. Please do know that acquiring a 3s is rare and is meant to be hard to obtain." During that period of time not a lot of people knew had to fuse so not a lot of people were fusing. Now since that people are fusing a lot I'm sure you guys came across that the item you fuse has a high chance of becoming the same as what u put in with no appearance slate.

#41 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

AH! So it DID get harder! I thought it was odd that in the past (pre-AoV) I could at least add ONE new slot to something in 2-3 tries tops, but now it's taken me over 7 and absolutely nothing? *facedesk* Brokennnnnnnnn~

#42 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yeah somethings definitely fishy. I stop when i get 2 slot from fusions coz i know that its gonna take like a LOT to get that 1 more slot.
But hey, i gambled my 2 slot Cape of Phantom and i got my 3 slotted cape finally. T-T. So goddamn happy.
Also that bug when a rare item gets fused and then turns into a non-kafra item is not cool at all. Now im afraid to fuse my Spinning Glasses. D:<

#43 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

Pre aov?? No. The fusion was broken many months ago and has been broken ever since that 1 major patch I forgot ._. Not a lot of people know that either because they quit or never tried fusion during that time. It's mostly new people that are doing the fusion.

Edited by zzyh, 18 February 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#44 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Yeah I mostly remember my pre-AoV fusions around December time, and I just recently started trying again and noticed the huge success change or broken-ness, whichever it truly is.

If they changed the rates thinking we wouldn't notice....

#45 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Pretty sure both used to work back then. Pre-AoV. It seems easier to get a 3s costume now. I fused a ninja & oriental and both jumped to 3s within 1 fusion. I don't even bother keeping a 2s because of the amount it costs to buy a rune maintain and super punchers. @_@

Edited by jdmtouch, 18 February 2014 - 10:23 AM.

#46 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

They really need to release specifics for RNG related cash items so people know what they are getting into. What are the exact rates of success? Do all slates work in unison? What are the %s of obtaining costumes from boxes?

Almost everything in this game is random yet no specifics are ever divulged.

#47 zzyh

zzyh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Pretty sure both used to work back then. Pre-AoV. It seems easier to get a 3s costume now, I think I fused a ninja & oriental and both jumped to 3s within 1 fusion. I don't even bother keeping a 2s because of the amount it costs to buy a rune maintain and super punchers. @_@

Yeah both were intended now it's not which is very strange. The only best way to get a 3s is to fuse 0-1s

#48 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

The only best way to get 3s after that 1 major big patch ever since was to start from 0-1 slot. Hence why u see so many new costume 3s with 1 punched or allUNPUNCHED. Pretty much if you have 2s item it's best that you sell it as it won't get to 3s.

This I can 100% agree on. My angel wings I got from just using an appearance maintain and first try they went to a 3s (but I'd like to point out that the Angel Wings and Devil Wings had a high success rate for 3s, anyone else notice that??)

Same with my oriental, attempted in 1 try with just appearance maintain and it jumped to 3s.

I'm trying to get my Lady Cape Hat to 3s but that is not going to well. The best method I'm using is just buying a new lady cape hat with 0-1 slot and fusing it to try and get 3s, so I don't have to use both rune and appearance which has the chance of cancelling out one or the other. When the outcome hits 2s I just resell and buy a new one -_-;

With the market so unbalanced and the price of KP, its almost best to just sell your KP and save your zenny until you have enough to just buy what you want (depending on the item though). I have to keep reminding myself that everytime I buy a fusion tablet and appearance/rune maintain, thats 500kp and with the going ratio averaging of 1:15, I'm losing out on 15k of zenny, and $5.00 real life lol.

#49 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

I'd like to know the %'s also, and yeah the KP per fusion adds up after a while, it's hard to stay quiet when it's irl dollars you're losing out on to get literally nothing. Certain things are starting to make more sense now though, and I think if I get a 2slot costume I probably won't ever try to get it to 3slot until we get a solid "everythings fixed and corrected" type announcement. I'll just take advice and sell it or deal with it ~_~;;

Oh and KP wise, its 11-13$ (KP Box + 2/3 tablets) per fusion

Zeny wise it's like what, around 25k zeny + price of costume fodder

Yeah....  :p_swt:

#50 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'd like to know the %'s also, and yeah the KP per fusion adds up after a while, it's hard to stay quiet when it's irl dollars you're losing out on to get literally nothing. Certain things are starting to make more sense now though, and I think if I get a 2slot costume I probably won't ever try to get it to 3slot until we get a solid "everythings fixed and corrected" type announcement. I'll just take advice and sell it or deal with it ~_~;;

Oh and KP wise, its 11-13$ (KP Box + 2/3 tablets) per fusion
Zeny wise it's like what, around 25k zeny + price of costume fodder

Yeah.... :p_swt:

alas they wont give away their dirty little secrets

about the 0.00000001 % chance at 3 slots lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users