497 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Tonight we will be having a maintenance to address a few hangups and concerns with the recent update.  It should be a very short maintenance period.

1. Long range Kafra transport to and From Morroc should be cleared for takeoff and landing.

2. The 100% chance honing powders will become tradable.  So if you acquire any you have a marketable commodity on your hands.

3. Honing for high stats shouldn't unintentionally set the stat to 65000 plus

4. Potion effects have been enhanced, and will stay enhanced as the intended fix for potions being lack luster.

5. Camera Shake Toggle has been added to option.

6. Anti-aliasing will default on (though your personal settings will override)

7. If you are stuck try the /escape command, this is a 60 minute cooldown.

8. Honing system is being removed to further test the issues it had. We don't have a date yet on when it will return.

9. All Kafra Cash spent today will be returned at some point tomorrow (this takes time).

10. 2 Elite Membership Card (1day) have been distributed to everyone who logged on today. If not used after 2 months, these cards will be removed.

11. 20% increase experience boost implemented that will last until next Wednesday's maintenance time (2/26).

The rollback will rollback everything that occurred today back to before we opened from morning maintenance (5am PST is where we're rolling back to). Any Kafra Cash spent during this time will be restored during tomorrow (requires a little longer to perform). Any players who were between levels 10-50 and leveled during Wednesday will have their levels changed so you won't lose the time spent leveling those characters. For example, if you leveled from 25 to 30 during Wednesday, we fixed your character so they will be 30.

We will be giving everyone who played today 5 Infinium and 1 24 hour Master Battle Manual Order for the trouble.

This means any Kafra Shop purchases you made during Wednesday have been reverted (you'll receive the Kafra Cash on Thursday), as well as anything you did in the game. Pretend like we stuffed everyone into a giant Deloreon and all went back in time a day.

Please note the Honing powder boxes from kafra are not being sold, but are available in the Platinum membership pack, we didin't want to take them out and lower the value of that pack you can also get the powder boxes from the BP and MP and Collo rewards, you could collect em so when system is reintroduced in upcoming week(s) you are ahead of the game.  

#2 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

So what's gonna happen about the people who already have 65k stats?

#3 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

And here's the bandaid fix I didn't want to see. The entire community is asking for a rollback and removal of the honing system. This is stupid.

#4 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

where the hell is our rollback

#5 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

So let me get this right. From ALL the disaster that Honing system is... ONLY the 65k+ stats are wrong? But having huge amounts of matk/atk and god knows how many other high stats, are totally fine/intended? And yet we can only do it ONCE!? Seriously. The whole system is wrong, bad, and its breaking the game beyond repair. Its not JUST the 65k+ stats. It's extremely unfair that, oh I get unlucky and get 2k matk on my refined bow and cannot hone it again, then there goes some "lucky" person getting 2-5k atk on their bow or sword and thats cool? So its all reduced to: if youre lucky, cool! keep playing!, if youre unlucky then suck it up and go make other weapon.

I'll say it again: if its gonna be so game-breaking, completely unfair and unbalancing...then THE ENTIRE HONING SYSTEM SHOULD BE GONE.

As it is now, its like... why should I care getting osiris gear, or runes, or cards, or refining my gear to even +1, when I can just go craft one, try to get a good honing, and if it doesnt work then toss the gear and go craft other. Really? Is this their idea of "introducing balances"? 

Edited by TifaValentine, 19 February 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

http://forums.warppo...oning-feedback/

please for the sake of RO2 rollback this patch, and ask the devs for a new one that doesn't inlcude the Honing system. Everything else with the patch is fine.

Edited by StormHaven, 19 February 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#7 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

So let me get this right. From ALL the disaster that Honing system is... ONLY the 65k+ stats are wrong? But having huge amounts of matk/atk and god knows how many other high stats, are totally fine/intended? And yet we can only do it ONCE!? Seriously. The whole system is wrong, bad, and its breaking the game beyond repair. Its not JUST the 65k+ stats. It's extremely unfair that, oh I get unlucky and get 2k matk on my refined bow and cannot hone it again, then there goes some "lucky" person getting 2-5k atk on their bow or sword and thats cool? So its all reduced to: if youre lucky, cool! keep playing!, if youre unlucky then suck it up and go make other weapon.

Not just that but seeds, refining, titles, etc, etc, all obsolete and a waste of time to get because why work your butt off to get those things when you can just use the honing system! What a joke.

#8 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

i honed my +20 osi weapon ended up getting magic attack o.o
so i went out and made another osi weapon what happens again i got even more magic power
like seriously wtf

im not making another weapon just to get screwed over again.

#9 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Why don't you just rollback? You realize that people can now mail items to each other and the stats change every single time, for better or worse. Even if you fix the bugged 65k stats, there's still items with 1-2k in a single stat point increase. This breaks the game balance completely. I'd rather not have a bandaid fix this time, roll back to before the feature was added and take it out for further, actual testing before throwing it on a live server and screwing everything up.

#10 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Currently Dev team is working on getting the last of the kafra routes fixed and the honing stat giving huge bonuses.

Pretty sure that includes matk/patk and other stats giving huge bonuses.

#11 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

The stats on the items will actually apply the bonus they are supposed to.  If it says it gives like 600 str, it will give that instead of 65535 or something. 
Yes honing does have random involved in what stats are applied, and a honing reset system is planned for future updating.

#12 Zechrem

Zechrem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

ok so no fix for the fact honing is too high either way? no application or balancing for battle tactics boosting the swordsman class at a exponential rate compared to other people? Honing shouldn't have been implemented with multiple stats, our classes don't even need the extra stats (currently). Well break time.

what heimdallr said about 600 str above mentioned it was intended. So a 240% boost from battle tactics was a intended feature? ok

Edited by Zechrem, 19 February 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#13 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Define "Huge bonuses".......

#14 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

The stats on the items will actually apply the bonus they are supposed to.  If it says it gives like 600 str, it will give that instead of 65535 or something. 
Yes honing does have random involved in what stats are applied, and a honing reset system is planned for future updating.

so folks!! u got what u want:D

#15 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

First off, those max stats are already unbalanced and outrageous as they are. Second, if there is a hone reset item thing, it should be implemented NOW and not "in the future". Because people is having problems NOW. And by god, if its gonna be implmented as a kp item.. Im freaking leaving this game for ever.

This is just the icing. Im getting real tired of these bandaid fixes. This requires a rollback. And the system GONE.

#16 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

You guys need to stop and read what we're asking here. We're asking for the removal of honing system and a rollback. Not to bandaid fix it and to ignore us all until it becomes too late to fix it. Many members of the community have already said they're quitting with this, and it is still within the VERY LIMITED amount of time left that this can be fixed.

Have you checked the channel's populations recently? You can expect that to lessen more and more by the hour if this continues.

#17 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

so folks!! u got what u want:D

...no what we want is ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ROLLBACK or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#18 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

DEFINE "HUGE BONUS"! Is 400 STR intended or broken?~~

#19 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

...no what we want is ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ROLLBACK or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

:D 

#20 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

damn..warriors gonna be OP.

#21 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

http://forums.warppo...oning-feedback/

please for the sake of RO2 rollback this patch, and ask the devs for a new one that doesn't inlcude the Honing system. Everything else with the patch is fine.

this guy for RO2 GM

By the way, if you don't remove the honing system the game we know as Ragnarok Online 2 will cease to exist.

goes back to Titan Fall*

Edited by HunkSurvivor, 19 February 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#22 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

DEFINE "HUGE BONUSES"~

#23 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Any info about how this reset system will work?

#24 Otiran

Otiran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

So we could people could solo Osiris... And now we have honing. This is ridiculous. :<

And this was suppose to have been tested? 

The game is killing a great community.

#25 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

What to think about this game when a VEP is intentionally glitching the game.....

Baelphire (VEP) and among other Exodus members are glitching the AH with honed equipments. 

So if you throw in your honed weapon, and then cancel the auction you get completely new stats. 

Now everyone knows, let the chaos begin. 

kViToFa.jpg

Edited by Erfans, 19 February 2014 - 06:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users