Bonus Maintenance 2/19 9:30pm - Page 2 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bonus Maintenance 2/19 9:30pm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
497 replies to this topic

#26 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

DEFINE "Huge Bonuses"~~ will add a "please" for good measure.

#27 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Heimdallr, i understand you work quite hard on a lot of things.

However, from my point of view, honing was a typical bad idea, even for a potential MMO, from the view i see it, the way the game was balanced was "swayed" across from it's original path, and I'm sure that's caused a lot of players to be upset because the way the game was balanced prior to the patch was much better, however with the honing system in place, the developers are just putting another "refining" system in place that is the same as the honing system is, there is typically, no difference at all when it comes to this, one improves stats, one adds more, but even though it might add Certain amount of stats, it's not being introduced in the way the players exactly wanted, is this really alright for you to accept? i know the developers do dispute it out, but can it be more or less be reintroduced at some other point in a more defined way, rather than it's current state?

Has this been thought out more clearly to understand the balance to raids, and what not when upgrading weapons?

what was the game strived for if the players had little to  any challenge at all with this system in place?

I like the game, don't get me wrong, i support it as much as possible when it comes to it, but when it comes to it, it has to be well thought out, if the players are given any challenge at all, to be even pushed in the right direction, this system could have been introduced in the refining system when it came to it, rather than creating a new one and pushing it at every player and being told to accept what they are given, And i'm sure the likeliness of the honing system will turn even the cash shop to being less successful, due to a lot of players disliking it in the process.

One system after another is being turned useless, because honing is introduced, what was the point of refining, what was the point of balance if there is none individually in what the players wanted? marketing is essentially important because there will be less players to make individual money from, even though there might be new, it's giving the game a bad pointer, and it's better to turn it in the other direction which is the right way, listen to your players, your fan base, your customers, because they try, they test, they fail, just as much as staff do, but balance can only be equated when things are on a proper level, and balance is all but lost when this system was introduced, which is why so many are asking for it's removal right, now threads full, even in-game.

So please, listen to your customers, and fan-base, players or what not, because their opinions are in the right mind, I'm sure even things can be done with or without "rollbacks" or belting it backwards, but sometimes even all companies have to take sacrifices at some point, in order to make something better in the process, what's more better, losing a lot of player base (Which even i don't want), and customers? or gaining more for how you listen to what they say as gaining more player base is important if you listen to them more often, not only that but listening to your customers/players/fan base will make better reviews of this version of the game. and how you market the MMO itself, even a feature itself can cause more harm than good, i can guarantee that.

Spoiler

Edited by AmiiMii, 19 February 2014 - 08:03 PM.

#28 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

So you say you guys are gonna fix things with ..."huge" bonuses. Not just the 65k+, there are stats with 1k+ agi/str/int/vit/wis(lol wis) too which is juuuuuuuuuuuust a bit OP. So with your fix, what of the people with already high stats? Are you seriously not going to roll this damn thing back?

#29 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

in b4 baelphire gets insta-ban.

#30 Phreeoni

Phreeoni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

What to think about this game when a VEP is intentionally glitching the game.....

Baelphire (VEP) and among other Exodus members are glitching the AH with honed equipments. 

So if you throw in your honed weapon, and then cancel the auction you get completely new stats. 

Now everyone knows, let the chaos begin. 

If you read back to post #9, Billy already told people one proven way to bug the items. We're essentially playing on a test server, and this means that in order to find and reproduce bugs for reporting you have to test things. Everything we've found has been reported. What to think about this game when a VEP is intentionally glitching items to test and report them? Well, that just makes me think that we need a test server and a better GM testing team so that players and volunteers don't have to waste their time testing, recording, and reporting bugs.

If you have a problem with anything Exodus is doing while testing this out, please feel free to send me a message on Phreeoni. 

#31 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:19 PM

So, 10+ Exodus members glitching over the past 2 hrs isn't "testing" enough?  #facepalm

#32 AuroraSkye

AuroraSkye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

I have honestly been here since beta testing in April 2013. I've seen every single update, "fix", "band aid" whatever you want to call it. I don't say much in terms of how the game progresses, falls on its butt, stops dead, etc. I've held my words publicly most of the time.

I've lasted through numerous events, items changes, inflation of June 2013, massive reduced population of July 2013, massive complaints of end-game content such as CoA's Ratmaster and anything having to do with that in August 2013, Embus abuse of Sept/Oct 2013, ridiculous (At the time) restriction to Chaos dungeon in Oct/Nov 2013, the numerous and plentiful dead-end "updates"/bugs/I don't even know what to call it anymore. Moving on to December 2013's AoV Update which made any and all raids obsolete to the horrible character imbalance that still continues to this day. It has cut off lvl 1-50 to the point you could take them out of the game and start people at ML1 and it wouldn't make a single difference. Characters, Monsters, Stats, Gear ALL OF IT is out of balance. Osiris Dungeon was never meant to be solo, 2-man, etc yet it constantly is. Everything about that dungeon is just a another little monster area to go to. There is no restrictions, nothing. It's suppose to be a 5-man dungeon...seriously...  Raids are the same way. Most master lvl chars can solo Pve/Bapho N quite easily. You can 2-man everything else and those are suppose to be 10-man RAIDS. 

There many more problems I have not mention thus far. I could keep going.

Each patch notes, there is a bug report that follows them. Every. Single. Time. Most of the time it seems be ignored for who knows how long. In all those updates and maintenance, it have never failed to be added Kafra Shop updates. At this point, I give not a second thought because they will always be there and have forever realized the priority of where things are put.

I would love for you to define huge bonsues please. It truly makes no sense for anyone to be walking around with more than 500 of any stats the system could possibly given and ignoring the 65k stats currently, I've been seeing countless 1-8k bonuses.

Do the devs/WP/don't really know who isn't listening here, not realize we are stressing our opinions, complaining, shouting, for the many many months this game has been out because we are unreasonable, selfish, demanding? No...We truly love this game. From day 1 it has had the best potential. I love this game. I love the people. We wouldn't be here yelling or what not if didn't. Also, since December every single player in iro2 agrees on one thing.

We. Are. Not. A. Test. Server.

You cannot say you are testing these systems and "fixes" beforehand and when its actually in the game,  screw up that royally? I lost so many friends, valuable parties, guildmembers, the list keeps going. I'm tired now...

Edited by AuroraSkye, 19 February 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#33 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Was this how kRO2 died? Maybe they also got tired of testing all this bullkrap.

I played SEARO2 for the whole past year and man, the waves did seem to have a much lighter impact.

Edited by xLuc, 19 February 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#34 Phreeoni

Phreeoni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

So, 10+ Exodus members glitching over the past 2 hrs isn't "testing" enough?  #facepalm

First of all, it isn't just Exodus-- though I do appreciate the shout out. If RO2 history suggests anything, 10 people testing it over 2 hours is not nearly enough to make sure that something is done to fix the problem. Please, acquaint yourself with the bug reports on the forums. If dozens of reports from our guild help get this mess taken care of in a timely fashion it has been well worth our time. 

#35 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

Why are you guys still "testing" glitching it? 

:hmm:

qXHOlrz.jpg

#36 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

So I've found out.

It's not completely random.

there are specific number of combinations for each prefix, each combo has a fixed stat bonus #

#37 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

Erfans... Instead of calling out other people's doing, why not focus on whats important in here, hmm? Which is, a broken game.

Rather than fighting guilds or calling out on whatever they do, why dont you test yourself whatever needs to be tested, be this or anything else broken with this patch, and provide solid feedback?

Accusing people can easily be reported as difamation and harrassing, you know.

#38 NewMinako

NewMinako

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

For the record, I was testing the AH glitch. And before you start spreading rumors and false accusations. You'll know that I'm the one that report that bug to Njoror and was testing it with him.

Edited by NewMinako, 19 February 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#39 Phreeoni

Phreeoni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

Why are you guys still "testing" glitching it? 

:hmm:

Nothing has been fixed yet. We'll continue submitting reports until every combination of glitches we've found are taken care of. I sincerely don't understand what part of this is confusing.

#40 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

I must be blind because I obviously didn't provide a SS. I'm so sorry.  That is my bad. Let them glitch the game to death.  This is the patch where the game dies. 

#41 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Why are we all throwing fingers around about abusing stuff?

Aren't we a test server? Cause it sure seems like it.

#42 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

For the record, I was testing the AH glitch. And before you start spreading rumors and bull****. You'll know that I'm the one that report that bug to Njoror and was testing it with him. So yeah

:no1:  I got your back Jack.  That precious VEP spot, I want it.  Give it. 

#43 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

Normally I'm totally in favor of new updates. But this is one of those times where it went terribly wrong and has thrown the game and community into chaos. Even I'm losing interest in the game, which is not something I thought I's be saying so early into its life. More than anything I feel really bad for our community managers and GMs. I think they're pretty awesome but whenever something goes wrong, it always falls back on them. They're just giving to us which has been given to them. The game was nearly perfect pre-AoV. A few things needed work but for the most part, it was awesome. I hope sometime in the near future we can go back to the balance and fun we once had :) In the meantime, I have lots to keep me occupied. I still have Lightning Returns to beat and in 3 weeks Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall will be out. Hope to see some of you there :)

#44 foxxxtrot

foxxxtrot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

well, just rollback please.... and get a proper test team before throwing this to us... kinda makes me sad and really disheartening... What little faith we have is starting to disappear.

#45 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

:no1:  I got your back Jack.  That precious VEP spot, I want it.  Give it. 

*Protects your VEP status* :D

#46 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

First of all, it isn't just Exodus-- though I do appreciate the shout out. If RO2 history suggests anything, 10 people testing it over 2 hours is not nearly enough to make sure that something is done to fix the problem. Please, acquaint yourself with the bug reports on the forums. If dozens of reports from our guild help get this mess taken care of in a timely fashion it has been well worth our time. 

The smartest thing to do is do it in a way to not draw player's attention. If you already submitted a report to Njoror, the GMs and the Devs will handle the rest.  there are other methods to "test" this system so I'm not even sure why your guild members chose to do it through AH. 

#47 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Normally I'm totally in favor of new updates. But this is one of those times where it went terribly wrong and has thrown the game and community into chaos. Even I'm losing interest in the game, which is not something I thought I's be saying so early into its life. More than anything I feel really bad for our community managers and GMs. I think they're pretty awesome but whenever something goes wrong, it always falls back on them. They're just giving to us which has been given to them. The game was nearly perfect pre-AoV. A few things needed work but for the most part, it was awesome. I hope sometime in the near future we can go back to the balance and fun we once had :) In the meantime, I have lots to keep me occupied. I still have Lightning Returns to beat and in 3 weeks Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall will be out. Hope to see some of you there :)

Another VEP appears! You "testing" glitching honed items in AH too?! :heh:

#48 sousui198

sousui198

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

all of this non-sense is ageing me greatly...

#49 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

this is simultaneously hilarious and horrifying.

maybe you guys should get more testers? even if the 65k stat cap is an edge-case bug, it's bound to happen, especially when you're developing a MMO. 

and with honing as it is now, why would people even refine things?

#50 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

STOP IGNORING YOUR COMMUNITY WE WANT A ROLLBACK NOT A NICE BANDAID!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users