#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Hello, everyone.

We want to gather feedback on each class to better balancing.

This thread will be about the Sorcerer class. If you've played Sorcerer and have some constructive feedback to give to help improve the class, use this thread as that platform.

To make things easier to read, please use the following form:

Character:

Feedback Type(Example: Skill/Stats/Suggestion)

Skill (If Applicable):

We appreciate all feedback given, and will use it when discussing changes to the studio.

Also, if you think another category in the form is required, let me know and I'll change it up!

#2 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Character: PixyMisa

Feedback TypeStats, skills

Skill (If Applicable): listed below.

Feedback: With the change to the crit formula, and the problems with magic bases chars, Sorcs have been nerfed bad when compared to

other classes right now, and compared to Pre AOV. Right now if DEVS made a new raid dungeon that was challenging for ml 20 chars, you

would find that All healers just do not have the ability to keep up with the damage being done to people in the party. A boss with the 

amount of attack power needed actually to hurt a tank with +70% DEF and +40k hp would do SEVERE damage to DPS and healers.

On the dps side, sorcs suffer badly still, our class has always been bad at sustained dps tho. In a raid now in order to get out of last place

i have to use a level 4 mermaid and a level 4 fireball. Another interesting thing is regarding sp vs damage, As it is right now Wiz, Cres,

SM, and Sorcs have to use over 5 times the sp to do the same damage the other classes do. Compared with other classes Sorc just

don't work very well in PVE or PVP anymore. Sorcs are good at grinding now, yay.....

Please boost the percentages and lower the sp costs on Jupital thunder, Varetyr Spear, Cold Bolt, Land of Recovery, Healing Wave,

Summon Aqua, and Deluge.

We need an ability to help us with regenerating sp. Wiz are not effected as bad because they can use water arms and then use break

arms to get hp and sp. I would suggest either adding 15% to every level on water arms, or a new Sorc skill that would silence and

drain sp. Every other MMO has noticed this and has more options for sorcs to recover sp during a fight.

Please make Soul cleaning work on ALL debuffs, and increase it's range. 

Thunder storm has a annoying bug where when you use it, the skill will change your target, sometimes changing it to dead mobs

even. Please fix this.  

Edited by NuwaChan, 21 February 2014 - 07:40 PM.

#3 Crossheart

Crossheart

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Character: ElianRunore

Feedback type: suggestion

Skills: all the bolts, jupither thunder, etc. (all low cooldown skills)

Feedback: Please, do a double revision of the SP cost of all of this skills, even spaming master blue pots, using those skills at high level cause to consume all our SP in few seconds.

#4 tebroc

tebroc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Character: Corbet

Feedback Typeskills

Skill (If Applicable): the Bolts, Varetyr Spear

Feedback: So, all the other classes had their finisher/ultimate/strongest skill doubled to 10 for Master Levels except us. Now our Varetyr Spear at max 5/5 does less damage than Jupitel Thunder at max 6/6, and the only good reason to keep that in my build is because it uses less SP than Jupitel Thunder.

Instead, we got Fire Bolt and Lightning Bolt upgraded to 10, but Fire Bolt is a Wizard's main skill and Lightning Bolt is still mostly useless even with the new shock effect. I have tried it maxed 10/10 and found it to be not worth the points put into it - low damage, the shock effect still doesn't happen often and even if it does the DoT is laughable.

Cold Bolt is our main skill because of Wind Emblem, but it's the only Bolt that wasn't upgraded to 10.

Mostly I would like to see Varetyr Spear upgraded because it makes no sense to have other classes' finishers boosted but not ours. Right now it doesn't feel like a strong skill anymore.

Feedback Typegeneral, suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): 

Feedback: This has been said before, but we really have been nerfed bad compared to other classes, and pre-AoV. My class feels pretty much useless at the moment.

We rely on huge burst damage for DPS but right now with low base damage, being a caster class with long casting times, high SP consumption, appalling hit rates, and lower chances of getting crits than pre-AoV, we are falling far behind other DPS classes.

For healing, I was doing fine as an off-heal pre-AoV, but now I find I need to have more points in Earth Emblem to heal an acceptable amount, and I'm not even main healer. Everyone has higher HP now and master level monsters are dealing more damage, so I should not be healing less than I did before.

#5 zodlars

zodlars

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Character: Lars

Feedback TypeSkill/Stats

Skill:

Lightning Bolt at the moment is useless, to start with the chance to get the dot applied is too low, even with LB level 10 the chance is only 20%, the duration of the debuff is really low to get 3 stacks you need to be really lucky and to keep them all the fight is impossible, with this in mind we cant really use the new benefits from JT Mastery since the duration of the debuff is only 10 seconds, honestly the idea of having DOT is really good, but its too hard to make it work the way it is, my suggestion is that the debuff lasts 30 seconds so you have time to refresh it and the chance to get the JT Mastery proc to be used, also get the chance of getting the stack of shock higher like a lot higher, if we are using 9 points in a skill at least it should be 10% per level so we can get 100% of chance to apply it and we can decide if get lvl 7 and risk to have a 70% or go safe and get level 10.

Stats:

Well the big problem with stats i would say is really bad, even when we have a lot more stats than before the benefits are really bad, even going full agi the hit is really bad on PVP, the chance of missing is REALLY HIGH around 70% of the hits are miss, the crit doesnt go up much, from 20% to 30% with 100 more agi? around there im not sure, not really care much about stats right now since the change is really bad adding INT is useless too the profit is really bad, and i dont think i need more Magic attack anyways, so stats system right now sucks bad. We really need a balance with the stats in general, the hit rating need to be fixed, i undestand that i miss 20% against a player with high dodge etc, but come on 70%??? maybe its even higher, right now at WoE i gave up and i go full support and since there arent good raids to test out in PVE i cant say if the balance is fine over there, so yeah we really need a BETA TEST SERVER!!!!!

Suggestions:

1. Change a bit the mechanics of LB, so i will be useful.

2. Rebalance the Stat formulas and test them in a TEST SERVER!!!

3. Add features to the UI like a countback for the DOTs!!!! and make the debuffs icons biggers, and ourselfs DOTs Bigger.

4. DOTs should be individual. Example: Each sorceror apply their own stacks of LB same about the other classes, DPS over time should be individual not in group.

Thanks for listening!

Edited by zodlars, 21 February 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#6 DarkAuron88

DarkAuron88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Character: Kirito1988

Feedback Type: Skill/Stats

Skill: Please fix the SP costs of the skills, because SP drains fast. I've maxed Water Emblem to solve this problem, but I've to switch with Wind Emblem (that's essential for cast speed and take x2). Fix the dot on Lightening Bolt (10% it's too low) and increase the chance of compound. Varetyr Spear missing a lot. Increase the effect of Land of Recovery and Deluge, before AoV have become useless, even with Earth Seal maxed.

Stats: Post AoV patch, I've become full AGI, but in PVP and WoE I still miss a lot. 1 point AGI gives +4 critical, +2 accuracy and +2 dodge, but we need more bonus points on INT (+2 Mattack and +2 parry isn't enough). Try to balance the stats accordingly to increase the hit rate and Mattack. Post AoV, it's nearly impossible to hit a Ranger. Dodge rate have to be limited!

#7 Nocredit

Nocredit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Character: Collosseum
Feedback Type: Skills and Stats
I suggest increasing Varetyr Spear's damage to 600/700/800/900/1000% for levels 1-5 and changing Jupitel Thunder's to 400/480/560/640/700/780%. Reason why is to give our "finisher" skill a higher damage, since it has a much longer cooldown than Jupitel Thunder.
That would, however, reduce our DPS a little, so I suggest changing cold bolt to 290/330/370/410/450%, for levels 1-5.
As for lightning bolt, giving it a 100% shock chance and a 10/20/30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100% Damage over time effect, for levels 1-10, stacking up to 3 times and lasting 10 seconds after the last stack has been applied, would perhaps make it useful.
Increase our base heal skill's modifiers (Land of Recovery, healing wave, rejuvenation, and deluge.) by 1.5x, but change meditatio to increase critical heals' effect by 0.12/0.15/0.18/0.22/0.25% for each point of WIS, for levels 1-5. That would give WIS some usefulness, increase our heals' reliability, and decrease the absurd critical heal amounts that currently happen (One critical rejuvenation can potentially fully heal the sorcerer).
Decrease soul bind's cooldown to 5/4/3 minutes, for levels 1-3. That would make getting the skill past level 1 actually worth it, when (if ever) difficult raids exist again.
Decrease Jupitel Thunder, Lord of Vermillion, and Cold bolt's SP costs by half, right now they drain our SP really quickly.
As for our class bonus... I feel it adds very little compared to other classes (From ~32% for warrior, for example, to ~36% for sorcerers.)
I don't have many ideas to change this, but if it's possible, adding 0.66 points of vigor for each point of WIS (or 2 vigor for 3 WIS) would be useful.

Edited by Nocredit, 23 February 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#8 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:48 AM

Character: Ominas

Feedback TypeSuggestion

Skill (If Applicable): 

Feedback: Lower level Sorcs have it fairly rough if they don't use Water Emblem because they burn through their SP fast and the SP potions of lv 1, 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 don't recover enough to make up for their SP consumption. This HAS to change. Make the potions recover a percentage of their SP rather than a fixed amount. But the base SP of magic users in general is also too low. Certain skills use quite a bit of SP when used and it doesn't take long for a Sorc/Wiz to burn through 100 SP pots. In most, if not all MMOs I've played magic classes have considerably more mana than melee classes so it's kind of odd to see that magic classes have about the same amount of SP as melee classes. Maybe every point in WIS should give us 50 or more SP so the WIS stat may actually be USEFUL for magic classes.

#9 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

Character: Radian
Feedback Type: Stats, Skills, & Suggestions
Skill (If Applicable): Listed Below

Stats:
Return our critical rate back to pre-AoV or give Sorcerers/Soul Makers 5 Crit per 1 AGI, while other classes get 4 Crit per AGI. Right now, Sorcerers have a really low Crit rate, and we are a class that relies on critical damage.

Skills:
- Land of Recovery no longer Crit heals like Pre-AoV.
- (Suggestion) Rejuvenation should be an AoE much like Restoration and Highness Heal. I always saw it as another Healing Wave with delayed cast time. It should be an AoE to make a better use of it with a slight bonus effect.
- (Suggestion) Lightning Bolt's DoT should have a much higher damage compared to other classes with a 100% chance of landing the DoT. Currently, no sorcerers uses it because the DoT's damage is a joke and the chance of it happening is almost none.
- Please review all of our skills SP cost. A ranger's double strafing cost around 10 SP and our Jupiter Thunder which cost 188 SP at 6/6. Our DPS is already lowered than any class in-game except a SM and our SP doesn't help us either.
- Varetyr Spear should be ranked up to 10 like other classes' finishers with the addition of decreasing the cooldown each rank. For example: 30/28/26/24/22/20/18/16/14/12 cooldown.

Personal concerns unrelated to sorcerer:
Spoiler

#10 Winterdrop

Winterdrop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationFFXIV-

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

I have no idea what the other posts said so if I repeated some stuff, wutevs.

Character: Winterdrop

GEAR:

- Well. Please put a HIT substat on our weapons please? (Osiris)

STATS:

- Bring back our pre-aov stats. This basically sums it all up.

SKILLS:

- More accuracy on VS. 

- Bring down the cool down for VS. 

- Bring back the crits for LoR. Errbody likes crits, bring it back.

- Make Aqua much more useful. A sorcerer's aqua is much similar to a ranger's falcon. I suggest to either nerf both or have both at equal levels. Atk and MAtk wise.

- Reduce SP cost. I don't know how to stress this issue enough. This has been suggested, asked, and demanded for the past (insert number here) patch notes.

- Rejuvenation be an AoE heal.

- Healing Wave to be used even while moving.

- Reduce casting time for Frost Diver.

GENERAL SUGGESTIONS/CONCERNS:

The nature of the classes is fading away, especially when every class can pretty much tank anything now. I suggest balancing and fixing the classes as to where and what they are supposed to be (i.e. Knights - Tank, Priests - Main heals, Sorcs - Dps and support heal, etc).

Fix the bugs given by the players.

Test your content.

#11 tebroc

tebroc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Feedback Type: stats

Skill (If Applicable): class bonuses

Feedback: Sorcerers and Soul Makers get 4 Crit per AGI while other classes get 3 Crit per AGI, making us get a 33% bonus. However, most other classes get a 50% bonus with their class skill stat buff (they get 3 for their class while the rest get 2, with the exception of Beast Masters who get 2 Defense per VIT while everyone else gets 0). This is really just nerfing us in relation to other classes.

In addition, we Sorcerers need all the crits we can get because like I said in the post above, we rely on huge burst damage, or else we're useless, and our crit rate went down a lot after AoV.

So my suggestion is making all classes get 4 Crit per AGI, and have Sorcerers and Soul Makers get 6 Crit per AGI.

#12 Cookiemonst3r

Cookiemonst3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Character: CookieMonsta

Feedback Type: skill and stats

Skill (If Applicable): Water emblem

Feedback: Water emblem needs to be buffed because right now its not really that useful especially if you're wearing full osiris set.  The damage reduction is barely noticeable and on top of that the hp/mp regen doesn't help in most if any situation.

Stat wise, I would rather give up the bonus +1 crit to agi we get and trade it for +1 to hit because right now fighting anyone who's in similar tiered gear I miss close to 80% of the time.  This was tested on a sin and I had 100 agi more than he did at the time, same master level also.

With such a high miss rate, it makes it really difficult to trigger wind emblem and casting spells that have over 1 second cast time just turns me into a punching bag.

#13 Alien88

Alien88

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

Character : AdyJune

Skills : Well i don't have much regarding skills, but its really a luck based on wind emblem activating 2x damage, and while our hit is incredibly low, we cant even hit the other chars, not to talk about activating it. As for the rest, maybe the other sorc users have more idea.

Gears : As for the gears, i mentioned this to the CMs and also GMs, our osiris gear has got a red seed rune slot right? Blue seed and red seed only adds the relevant stats on that certain gear right? But our weapon and shoes has no use for that rune slot, as the available rune for red seed is flame and blood, and flame adds hit, vigor and haste, while blood adds parry and dodge. Both our weapon and sandals has no hit, vigor, haste, parry or dodge. so wats the use of the red seed slot? I would suggest adding hit to our weapon and shoe, as its the most needed stats for sorc right now...lets put it this way, if u give me 100000000 dmg, but i cant hit anyone...wats the use of it?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Edited by Alien88, 25 February 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#14 imadafaka

imadafaka

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Character: Motherfocka

FeedbackType: SP y Defensa

Espero entiendan el español :) Bueno queria pedirles de favor que aumentaran nuestra defensa es verdad que no somos tanques pero tampoco somos de papel para que nos maten de 2 golpes, los sorcerer estan desvalorados en RO2, al intentar pelear contra un warrior 8 de 10 ataques fallan :/ y nuestro sp se acaba muy rapido por el wizard no hay problema porque puede regenerar su sp facilmente con una skill que no recuerdo su nombre, pero nuestro sp al enfrentarnos con un boss la unica manera de recuperarlo es con water emblem que la verdad no ayuda mucho y con pociones -.- y con la vatery spear se supone que es nuestro ataque nuke pero la jupitel thunder hace mas daño y se regenera cada 2 segundos mientras la vatery spear hace menos daño y se regenera cada 30 segundos -.- y no tenemos buena defensa al menos ponganos buen daño y un poco mas de defensa con mi set full osiris llego apenas a 1.5k de defensa al menos subanlo a 2.5k para que no muramos tan rapido porque los sorceres estamos pobres por el momento -.- espero lo arreglen Gracias

#15 AuroraSkye

AuroraSkye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Character: AuroraSkye

Feedback Type: Skills

Skill (If Applicable): Mage/Sorcerer Skills

Mage Skills

1)      Cold Bolt – the only bolt skill to not gain a lvl 6-10 increase with master level. I believe the movement speed decrease should be spread across the lvls. Example:

a.       Lvl 1 – 30%, Lvl 2 – 35%, lvl 3 – 40%, lvl 4 – 45%, lvl 5 – 50%

b.      This should be done in addition to increasing the bolts to lvl 10 as should have been intended. It doesn’t make sense for this to be the only one that isn’t. How un-RO-like is that?

2)      Frost Diver – The cast time for this skill should be slightly decreased I think. Probably by a margin of 0.5 to 1sec. It can’t be too fast as that would be advantageous, but increasing it by that much allows for better use of the skill. The cooldown takes care of keeping it in check.

3)      Water Emblem – At lvl 5 -10% damage reduction and heals 5% hp/sp every 10 seconds. Pre-AoV, this skill was absolutely worthless because the difference was barely noticeable. During AoV, the only purpose it serves is restoring SP because our sp consumption is through the roof. Even if you play conservatively, master lvls are constantly using pots and for lvl 1-50, its too much. My suggestion:

a.       Increase damage reduction to 20% and healing HP 10% with SP either 5%/10%. I haven’t decided which one of those is better.

4)      Lightning Bolt – The old lightning bolt was used just for lvl 1 as a quick spell skill and

a.       The Shock effect should have 30-50% chance of activating and should deal up to 75% matk on lvl 3 to 10.

b.      Not lvl 1 or 2, that would make skill builds and such too easy to have access to the Shock Effect.

5)      Wind Emblem

a.       The skill description should says Increases Cast Speed. It currently does not, but we know it does.

b.      The magic classes have no use for Haste whatsoever. This should be removed completely or give a new effect.

Sorcerer Skills

1)      Summon Aqua – This skill is still constantly missing and whatever not. It does the same amount of damage as Cold Bolt lvl 1-5, exactly the same.  Currently, everyone only invests 1 point into it to get past the skill as there is no reason to do so otherwise.

a.       Add an effect to Aqua’s spear in such that it has a small chance 10-20% of freezing the target.

b.      Increasing the damage ever so slightly more than Cold Bolt

i.      275%   300%  330%  365%  400%

2)      Healing Wave AND Rejuvenation – Both are our main healing skills. Currently as it stands, both Priest and SM can cast some healing skills while running, yet we can’t. I think either one of these skills should be able to do that, but NOT both.

a.       Make either HW or Reju be able to use while running.

b.      Reju should be an AoE Heal like Highness Heal.

3)      Soul Cleanse – This skill should heal ALL debuffs and have an increased range.

4)      Deluge – This is our last resort or “Oh sh…” button. Since AoV, this skill has no use whatsoever. Until character-monster stats balancing happens (hmph), this will continue being worthless. However:

a.       The range of this skill should be increased from 10m to 15m. It should be a longer reach than Land of Recovery at least.

5)      Meditation – This has always just been sitting in the background. Doesn’t really do much at all. And adding to crit heals really doesn’t matter. Either option I think sounds better than current.

a.       Make it instead of hit, use wis instead

b.      Our healing effect by a max of 0.01%, 0.02%, 0.03% to lvl 5 per Wis. With 1000wis (I have currently 217wis, no base pts) = 50% added healing effect.

c.       Current numbers above need adjusting I'm sure and its just an example. Thus increasing costs of healing skills a bit to make up for increased wis in balancing

6)      Jupiter Thunder and Varetyr Spear – Our two best skills for our class. Mjolnir if you want to call it that. As such, a few changes need to be made. Currently as it stands, JT lvl 6 is 896% matk while Spear lvl 5 is 800% Any class’s finisher should ALWAYS be better than any other skill.

a.       Jupiter Thunder – Skill lvl decreased to lvl 5 in order to approve the below change

b.      Varetyr Spear – At least lvl increased to 7 with the above changed if worried about too much dps at our disposal (muwahaha).

c.       This suggestion is also going with the point of increasing our dmg % for some skills.

7)      Earth Emblem – Always has been great thus far. Just something I’d like to change since AoV

a.       Have the HoT when a critical heal lands to 25% to 50% over the 5 lvls from 20% to 30%.

b.      At Master Lvl 14 with Menace Staff, Armor, and Accessories when I crit heal, it heals the target for an extra 220 per tick for 6 secs. I’m seeing that it is every 2sec so for a total of 660hp? That truly doesn't make a difference.

8)      Land of Recovery – love this skill throughout playing as a sorc just…

a.       MAKE IT CRIT AGAIN – thank you

Edited by AuroraSkye, 26 February 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#16 turbok17

turbok17

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

IGN: xHeishiro

Feedback Type: Skill's Miss (JT and VS) and Increase their damge

Varetyr Spear and JT: my finisher skills always miss.. at first i thought my sorcerer is just weak.. my friends told me sorc are still good in PVE and PVP i just need to make my sorc stronger.. they said i need Osiris set.. so I hunt for hours and hours for the materials so i can get osirisset... but still my sorc agility was still low.. then i hunt blueseed hours after hours to get good blue seed runs.. Now my Agility is 1366 i my VS and JT misses alot.. althought my character is not yet "Lock items" I think my character is not that weak to fight a character with good gears like my friends, and i still misses alot..

Sorcs are Nuker type character, they can Damage Hard that can 1shot an enemy, but the flaws are when you got the sorcs first, were dead.. but whatshappening I can even hit a single scratch before i died - this statement is proven many times when im playing with my friends.. I wish even though i lose i can make their Hp atleast to half.. 

-Please put Hit on Sorcs' Osiris Setor lower the dodge rate of the other chars.. Or Balance all the characters.. 
-Please Make JT and VS's Damge increase, (not too much,balance increase is acceptable)

#17 captainmaverick

captainmaverick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

Character: Taniguchi

Feedback Type: Stats Suggestion

Skill (If Applicable):

So first I just want to say I agree with most everything people have been saying.

SP cost is a joke... way way way too high.

VS should NOT be weaker than JT.

The heals are fairly weak. I can barely focus heal a lvl 20 warrior in Osiris with all the lvl 1 heals. And they don't get that much stronger so I know full support sorcs are having some trouble.

Lightning bolt doesn't need to go to level 10 or the DoT needs to be changed. It's a pointless skill I never even use.

Cold bolt needs to go to level 10 and the sp cost needs to be dramatically reduced. It's our main skill and I can't even level it because it will destroy my sp bar so I keep it at lvl 1.

I know there are a bunch of other things other people have said too but I just wanted to recap some of them. I definitely can see the devs messing this up and changing all of them too much. My biggest issues are up next

Personally, I can see there is a crit war going on and I think it's a little ridiculous.  I do think sorc crits are a little too low, but first and foremost I believe the system for hit rate needs to be changed. I'm not going to try to say this game needs to be more like ro1, but in ro1 magic doesn't miss unless the element nullifies the damage. Personally I believe magic in this game should be the same way or at least closer to that system. I have never seen an rpg where you couldn't hit someone but 1/10 times. Why there's a system like this in ro2... idk. But I think it's because hit, crit, and dodge are all linked into the same stat. Idk about you, but when I'm playing basketball, or baseball, or any kind of sport and I'm practicing my aim... I am not also gaining sprinting and running ability. Same for running. When people practice sprinting or running they aren't also practicing their aiming. So why is it not like this in our stat system? Agility is an overpowered stat. The way it is set up it is inherently flawed. Your ability to hit AND dodge AND crit someone is equally tied to agility. So why put stats into anything else? You NEED to hit someone and you WANT to dodge and crit someone, and the only other stats you NEED are vit, and/or str, and/or int, so where's the benefit of putting stats anywhere else when agility has more than half of the stats you need? Whoever thought up this stat system should have been fired the day they mentioned it.

I realize it's probably way too late to change this now in the devs eyes (it's never actually too late... the current stat system is a sunk cost so let's get rid of it and put in a good one), so rather than change everything and make everyone crit more, why not keep crit the same or lower it and increase hit rate? It will make make crit more of a luck thing than a certainty. It won't change anything in pvm since we already hit monsters 90% of the time. It will balance out the classes so they do the damage they were intended to do rather than 2x that damage every single time they hit someone. This way a battle isn't decided by who is luckier, but rather who can do dps faster. Because let's face it... every fight I've been in has been decided by who got the most crits in a row the soonest. That's not how pvp should be played. Most classes should rely on their skills and the formulas given to them. Sorc is by default a class that relies on luck (wind proc) to do it's most damage. Adding the requirement for more luck is just making the class so much weaker. However, if hit is increased over all classes, all the other classes need to have their crit reduced.

My last point is the sorc VS stun... as far as I can tell it doesn't work in pvp period. What is the point in having a stun if it doesn't even work right? Warrior has it's knock down which works 100% as intended so why does the sorc stun not work? From what I have heard the stun might work, but it only lasts 1.5 seconds. That's not even enough time to get 1 hit in. And if I do get a spell cast in time it doesn't even guarantee a hit. Put the stun timer to 3 seconds like it should be and give us the ability to get at least 1 guaranteed hit in. VS is a finisher skill. It's supposed to do the most damage and stun the target long enough to get 1 guaranteed hit in.

#18 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

About the VS stun it is working properly. It may not stun people when ur vs missed or when ur enemy's dispel seed worked. Also, the reason why VS has a little lower damage percentage its because of its stun effect which JT doesnt have any debuf. And the heals i find very even as long as u have the earth emblem on with right gears right hones and upgrade.

#19 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

I've read the changes for the Sorcerer here and thought.... what a bull-_-!

As I've already mentioned in this Proposal and Suggestions thread, I would be happy for the Sorcerer would get better Emblems/Creats/Seals, but my idea was to give the Sorcerer the "Seal Explosion" skill instead of relying on some wacky special treatments. In addition, I believe that the Sorcerer skills - if the stats & formulas are balanced - would allow for an effective full-support, single-target healer.

My suggestions however were a bit more extreme:

Sorcerer gains from the Wizard:

• Seal Explosion
  • Teleport
  • Levitation
  • Increased Agility (Priest)

...but loses to the Wizard:

• Vyretyr Spear
  • Jupitel Thunder
  • Lord of Vermillion

Before you go and sceam "how could you...", just hear me out. The reason why the Sorcerer should lose all the powerful Lightning skills is that Seal Explosion should be better by miles and that skill alone is enough to equal out the losses. Varetyr Spear and Jupitel Thunder aren't but a Lightning Bolt with a higher damage and a different animation. A Lord of Vermillion is but a more powerful Thunderstorm with no cooldown. So if you would get a Seal Explosion that makes your next Lightning Bolt dealing tripple damage (305% => 915%), you have your Varetyr Spear. (I would also like if "Summon Aqua" would be changed into a Djinni-like Lightning Elemental shooting Jupitel Thunders instead)

What you would get in addition is a free upgrade for all the other aspects of the Sorcerer.

The reason, why I've mentioned Increased Agility in the list above is because I would like if an additional Wind and Water Emblem is introduced. (The existing Water Emblem really should be an Ice Emblem).

The Wind Emblem should be a constant boost for the Sorcerers movement speed. Exploding the Seal however temporarily grants the same speed bonus to all party members.... (that's the Increased Agility part here)

The new Water Emblem should include the current Earth Emblem effect as well.... increasing the effectivemess of all healing skills, (it should be the Water tree to be centered on healing)

The Earth Emblem, stripped of the old effect, should now get a defensive bonus instead (some sort of damage reduction f.e.).

So in the end, the Sorcerer would have six different Emblems to choose from.... and each tree and each combination should define a unique gaming-style.

Combine Wind and Water and you're a mobile healer who's hard to catch. Combine Fire and Earth and you'll be a steadfast firing platform.

All in all, the Sorcerer should keep the overall firepower, losing some animations, but gaining more diversity instead.

Edited by Greven79, 17 May 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#20 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:38 AM

I've read the changes for the Sorcerer here and thought.... what a bull-_-!

As I've already mentioned in this Proposal and Suggestions thread, I would be happy for the Sorcerer would get better Emblems/Creats/Seals, but my idea was to give the Sorcerer the "Seal Explosion" skill instead of relying on some wacky special treatments. In addition, I believe that the Sorcerer skills - if the stats & formulas are balanced - would allow for an effective full-support, single-target healer.

My suggestions however were a bit more extreme:

Sorcerer gains from the Wizard:

• Seal Explosion
  • Teleport
  • Levitation
  • Increased Agility (Priest)
...but loses to the Wizard:
  • Vyretyr Spear
  • Jupitel Thunder
  • Lord of Vermillion
Before you go and sceam "how could you...", just hear me out. The reason why the Sorcerer should lose all the powerful Lightning skills is that Seal Explosion should be better by miles and that skill alone is enough to equal out the losses. A Varetyr Spear or Jupitel Thunder f.e. are nothing else but a Lightning Bolt with a higher damage and a different animation. A Lord of Vermillion nothing else but a more powerful Thunderstorm with no cooldown. So if you would get a Seal Explosion that makes your next Lightning Bolt dealing tripple damage (305% => 915%), you have your Varetyr Spear. (I would also like if "Summon Aqua" would be changed into a Djinni-like Lightning Elemental shooting Jupitel Thunders instead)
No, Lightning Bolt is not the same as Jupiter Thunder or Varetyr Spear. Have you thought that Jupiter Thunder is multiply by Wind Emblem and damages for 1830% instead. Same with Varetyr, their damages are multiplied by 2.

Thunder Storm is slow, weak version of Arrow Shower, I rather keep a reliable AoE like LoV.

What will sorcerers get to stun with if we lose Varetyr?

We don't need teleport or levitation, we are not runners we are a stationary class. We have Deluge, Land of Recovery. Our defense option was always out healing other classes damage as much as possible.

Do you see why priest and SM didn't get a teleporting skill? We all can heal, we're a healer class. Escape skills are for non-dominant healers.

The Wind Emblem should be a constant boost for the Sorcerers movement speed. Exploding the Seal however temporarily grants the same speed bonus to all party members.... (that's the Increased Agility part here)
The new Water Emblem should include the current Earth Emblem effect as well.... increasing the effectivemess of all healing skills, (it should be the Water tree to be centered on healing)
The Earth Emblem, stripped of the old effect, should now get a defensive bonus instead (some sort of damage reduction f.e.).

So in the end, the Sorcerer would have six different Emblems to choose from.... and each tree and each combination should define a unique gaming-style.
Combine Wind and Water and you're a mobile healer who's hard to catch. Combine Fire and Earth and you'll be a steadfast firing platform.

All in all, the Sorcerer should keep the overall firepower, losing some animations, but gaining more diversity instead.

You basically switched Water Emblem and Earth Emblem effects...

Your suggestion overall makes the sorcerer build more complex while favoring wizards in more damage. We lose out on everything possible of being a DPS. And, we don't get any buff up from your suggestions to help our heal spec either.

I'm not the one to likely say this but please go play a Sorcerer before making such a major proposal. If you have, idk what to say other than you think that Sorcerers should be nerfed to oblivion again.

#21 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:52 PM

No, Lightning Bolt is not the same as Jupiter Thunder or Varetyr Spear. Have you thought that Jupiter Thunder is multiply by Wind Emblem and damages for 1830% instead. Same with Varetyr, their damages are multiplied by 2.

It seems you haven't understood what I've written. Any skill that deals a single hit against a ranged target is already quite similar.  The main differences are the damage and the animation.

I also pointed out that IF a Seal Explosion tripples the damage of a Lightning Bolt, that spell could do the same total damage as a Jupitel Thunder or Varetyr spear.

Jupitel Thunder: 896% damage

Varetyr Spear: 800% damage

Lightning Bolt: 305% x3 = 915%

There you can see how a trippled damage Lightning Bolt would result in the same amount of damage as a Varetyr spear... and I don't care about the exact numbers here. So if you would get Seal Explosion instead of Varetyr Spear and if that Seal Explosion would increase the damage of the next Lightning Bolt by 200% and if it would have a cooldown similar to the Spear, you would have almost cloned it. What would be still different is the animation... that's all

And all three spells ought to be affected by the "normal" Wind Emblem damage increase..

Thunder Storm is slow, weak version of Arrow Shower, I rather keep a reliable AoE like LoV.

A Thunderstorm deals 272% damage to up to 10 enemies and has a starting cooldown of 3sec (most likely less than 2sec thanks to vigor)

Lord of Vermillion deals 448% damage to a similar number of enemies and replaces the cooldown with a animation duration.

Same result here. If a Seal Explosion would increase the damage output, you could deal the same overall damage, hit about the same number of targers in a similar amount of time. 

What will sorcerers get to stun with if we lose Varetyr?.

A stun effect should be already on the Lightning Bolt (similar to a shock rune), replacing the current DoT. Therefore a Seal Explosion could just tripple the stun chances as well. But that doesn't have to be the only skill. Because I'd shift healing towards the Water tree, there could be room for a damaging earth skills as well... and stun or knockdown would fit quite nicely.

We don't need teleport or levitation, we are not runners we are a stationary class. We have Deluge, Land of Recovery. Our defense option was always out healing other classes damage as much as possible.

Having another gameplay option bothers you? 

Btw: I usually played my Sorcerer as a mobile character, focussing on Lightning Bolt and Varetyr Spear. Both could be casted on the run. So it was like running around for ~12sec, freezing my enemy, casting Varetyr Spear and a few Bolts, killing the target and then repeat the process,

But nothing I've written prevents you from keeping your game style. If you like to be a static healer, so be it. The idea is that my suggestions allow for other type as well... f.e. a sorc that is focussed on speed, rather than healing. IMO; that's also a good idea flavorwise, because some Sorcerer initiation quests were centered around speed.

Do you see why priest and SM didn't get a teleporting skill? We all can heal, we're a healer class. Escape skills are for non-dominant healers.

That's why the Priest currently has Increased Agility, creating a speed boost and that's why the Soulmaker had a speed boost on his Awake skill long before there was the Ymir transformation, right?

That's also why the Priest has a very good damage prevention skill and that's why the Soulmaker can remove movement debuffs.

All three healing classes do allow for different builds. You could create a pure DPS Soulmaker and you could create a pure DPS priest. Whether or not you choose to focus on healing skills is up to you.

Powerful healing skills however should make you a static defender, but the already the case for any of the three classes.

Right now, as a Priest, I could activate my Ymir form, cast a Renovatio for some healings and Assumptio for some extra damage protection and I could damage opponents on the run.

So I'd like to shift these things a bit, allowing the Sorcerer to be a more mobile healing class, whereas the Priest should be more static class instead that is focussed on damage prevention (not to mention the HP boost).

You basically switched Water Emblem and Earth Emblem effects...

Yes and no. Switching the effects would be the easiest thing, but that's not exactly what I meant. The new Earth Emblem shouldn't get the constant SP and HP regeneration of the old Water Emblem. I'd prefer a more defensive oriented benefit that excludes healing... just to make those trees more distinct.

Your suggestion overall makes the sorcerer build more complex while favoring wizards in more damage. We lose out on everything possible of being a DPS. And, we don't get any buff up from your suggestions to help our heal spec either.

That's not true. The Seal Explosion still allows you to get a boost of damage, no matter if you choose Lightning, Fire or Ice. Because you still keep the Fireball and that's one of the most important damage skills of the Wizard, you can easily compete..... as long as you focus yourself on that tree. I've also written that Seal Explosion on a Water aka. Healing seal could create a further healing AoE or it could give a short boost to other healing skills as well, further increasing these options.

But all in all, I think that it would be fair, if the Wizard would have a slightly higher DPS output, because he would be similar to a Ranger.... without any healing skills.

I'm not the one to likely say this but please go play a Sorcerer before making such a major proposal. If you have, idk what to say other than you think that Sorcerers should be nerfed to oblivion again.

Lol. I've played a Sorcerer and Sorcs in general were never nerfed "to oblivion". In fact, it was quite an overwhelming class for a really long period.

See, I simply don't care, if I can throw a Spear with a 20sec cooldown that deals 800% damage or if I cast a Seal Explosion and deal the same amount of damage instead, cause that's quite similar to what I did with the Priest as well, but there it's named Aspersio, not Seal Explosion. I wouldn't mind to get an increased freeze duration, a speed boost, a healing boost or a defense boost.

So how could you possibly think that I am here to nerf this class?

Edited by Greven79, 23 April 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#22 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:09 PM

I'm not interested in quoting a lot right now but I'll give what each of my point will direct at.

--
Seal Explosion tripling damage of Lightning Spells.

1. I find this useless and a hinder to a sorcerer. Why? You're saying we should lose 2 raw power attack spells for a power boost spell. I like variety, not a super buff where everything will direct to Lightning Bolt. We basically won't have a "finale" spell.

2. Your idea of Seal Explosion will weaken sorcerers. You said it has a cooldown similar to Varetyr, 30s cooldown. Meaning, it has a short duration and sorcerers will at a time lose out on DPS when Seal Explosion is not active.
In Colo or any PvP, everyone will die a lot. Having to rely on activating Seal Explosion and proc Wind Emblem will be a hassle. It could go greatly, or terribly.

--
Lightning Bolt's Stun

1. Lightning Bolt is spamable, it would need a restriction to the stun. It would kind of make us the Stun-Lock Priests.
Idk, I like the idea of having a reliable stun like Varetyr that guarantees a stun, but has a long cooldown.
Flame Explosion, Shield Bash, Guillotine Fist, etc all have a long cooldown or requirement to produce a stun.

--
Thunder Storm and Seal Explosion Multiplier

1. Again, Sorcerers will at times be weaken due to Seal Explosion on cooldown. Also, LoV doubles when Blitz Effect is on Sorcerer from Thunder Storm, a total of 900% (I think).

--
Sorcerers being mobile with Teleport and Levitation

1. So what about Land of Recovery? Deluge? This would weaken the Sorcerers ability to out-heal attacks. We don't have the luxury of Renovatio or Cure to move around.

2. The idea of spamming Lightning Bolt and kiting around seems a bit silly if that is your intention. I know Sorcerers do it, but that seems a bit "trollish?" We will basically be rangers shooting charge arrows. Mages are caster, we should have restriction to strong burst damage if we are now only going to use Cold Bolt, Seal Explosion, and Lightning Bolt. That's why most MMOs make mages have cast time.

Different option builds aren't my problem. It's the contradiction of Land of Recovery/Deluge to Teleport/Levitation. They gave priests Increase Agility, yes, but it fits well with Assumptio and Renovatio, because they're self buffs.

--
Everyone has Ymir form, so you can't really count SMs as the only one with a speed boost.

--
Water and Earth Emblems

1. Wizards have Water Emblem... and no healing spells.

2. I feel people won't use Earth Emblem as often, because defense doesn't seem to matter as much. For example, even though everyone knew Water Emblem could give 10% damage reduction, few builds max it for the defense.

I don't have any problems with the emblem suggestion other than asking if it's necessary.

--
So overall, sorry, but I don't agree with your ideas. I can see your good intentions of having diverse sorcerers, but it will change all the current builds and the play-style. It's a matter of opinion but I saw it as a nerf, but whatever.

#23 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:07 AM

Oh boy... I never thought that it's so hard to understand what I mean. So maybe it would help, if I try to explain it in a different way: Think of Seal Explosion in a way of Aspersio.

Lightning Bolt:

• 300% damage
  • +100% damage against frozen targets
  • 10% stun chance (like the shock seed-rune I've mentioned)

Aspersio effect:

• +200% damage
  • 100% stun chance

The Aspersio a.k.a. Seal Explosion would have a 30sec cooldown and would require the corresponding Seal to be active. I hope that this clear things up a bit. So yes, that would mean that the Aspersio a.k.a. Seal Explosion would be your ultimate skill, not Varetyr Spear. But due to the fact that the Aspersio will be applicable to ANY skill (or seal) and would create a huge bonus there, you'd actually have the option to transform any of your skills into 'ultimates'... ending up with more than one. Also keep in mind that my post was a concept discussion, not so much about balance. That's why I won't discuss Thunderstorm bonus for LoV in more detail right now.

I don't see any reason for a DPS problems, so I might not have understood what you're trying to tell me. Basically, my idea is to add some of the Priest concept for the Sorcerer. I think that the Sorcerer ought to be focused on burst effects, whereas the Priest should focus more on defense, continuous benefits and party support. So if I were to design a manga or anime with one character of each class, the Sorcerer representative would be the lively, active, impulsive and outgoing character and the priest the calm, caring, thought- and respectful one.

@ healing

I haven't changed much on the healing skills, so I wonder why you blame me for deluge or land of recovery. I did already mention that even without my changes, the Sorcerer could be played in two different ways.... a mobile DPS class or a 'immobile' healer. And I already made a statement that lack of mobility isn'ts set in stome. F.e.

Priest Heal: 43% heal, 1.0sec casting time, 1sec recast time => 210% heal per second

SM Restore: 720% heal, 2.0sec casting time, 1sec recast time = 240% heal per second

Healing Wave: 340% heal, 0.5sec casting time, 1sec recast time = 227% heal per second (with maxxed Emblem)

As you can see, the Sorcerer already has the quickest healing skills and it's surely arguable whether or not a Seal should fasten the heals or increase the potency. If everything else would be balanced, all three clases would heal almost the same amount per second. So the question is, who deserves the highest casting time and who the shortest. In my opinion, the highest casting time should belong to the priest, the shortest to the Sorcerer and the Soulmaker would be in the middle. The priest could then use Suffragium, Gloria and Aspersio to decrease the casting time and/or add a short DoT to Heal that would soften the lack of healing between two casts.

That leads towards Deluge and LoR. Deluge is actually a copy of Sanctuary that allows the Sorcerer to act... another word for 'mobile'. Of course, you would have to stay in the area of effect. But this skill could be easily adjusted. Like there are different heal pets (Willow, Elder, Lapparman, Ramort), there could be different ways to implement Deluge. Land of Recovery is a different story, because I wouldn't like to see a pure healing skill on the earth tree.

The idea of spamming Lightning Bolt and kiting around seems a bit silly if that is your intention. I know Sorcerers do it, but that seems a bit "trollish?" We will basically be rangers shooting charge arrows. Mages are caster, we should have restriction to strong burst damage if we are now only going to use Cold Bolt, Seal Explosion, and Lightning Bolt. That's why most MMOs make mages have cast time.

I wouldn't compare a sorcerer with a ranger, because for me, a Wizard and a Ranger share the most aspects. For me, the Sorcerer is more similar to a Soulmaker or Priest... and especially the latter could also run around, using DoTs instead of Lightning Bolts. I already pointed out that I think that Sorcerers should be more mobile than Priests. Iit's hard to argue with you, when you think that being more like the current priest (who also has fewer attack skills than the Sorcerer) would be that problematic and strictly inferior or inbalanced in regard of DPS.

Edited by Greven79, 24 April 2014 - 08:13 AM.

#24 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

Oh boy... I never thought that it's so hard to understand what I mean. So maybe it would help, if I try to explain it in a different way: Think of Seal Explosion in a way of Aspersio.

Lightning Bolt:

• 300% damage
Aspersio effect:
  • +200% damage
  • 100% stun chance
The Aspersio a.k.a. Seal Explosion would have a 30sec cooldown and would require the corresponding Seal to be active. I hope that this clear things up a bit. So yes, that would mean that the Aspersio a.k.a. Seal Explosion would be your ultimate skill, not Varetyr Spear. But due to the fact that the Aspersio will be applicable to ANY skill (or seal) and would create a huge bonus there, you'd actually have the option to transform any of your skills into 'ultimates'... ending up with more than one.
Sorry if it seems I don't understand your Seal Explosion, but I do. So I'll try to be clear too.

You said, Seal Explosion will be like Asperio, correct? But it gives 3x damage boost to spells depending on the element exploded. Well, Seal Explosion won't last long because it is a self buff that powers up your attack. So that means, when Seal Explosion is off, and on cooldown, Sorcerers will damage for 1/3 of their potential. This is what I saw as a nerf.

I said this in the previous post. I prefer a skill that guarantees a stun to succeed if the skill hits, but has a restriction. I also don't prefer a skill that will be the basic attack spell of a sorcerer (if you idea was implemented) to have a stun, because Lightning Bolt is easily spamable. It is like a Judex that does not require Asperio. I understand the 10% chance of causing stun, on paper it may seem minor, but I think it'll be abused because again Lightning Bolt is easily spamable.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Seal Explosion, Lightning Bolt grants 100% stun chance? That's a little too overwhelming for a skill with no cooldown.

@ healing
I haven't changed much on the healing skills, so I wonder why you blame me for deluge or land of recovery. I did already mention that even without my changes, the Sorcerer could be played in two different ways.... a mobile DPS class or a 'immobile' healer. And I already made a statement that lack of mobility isn'ts set in stome. F.e.

I'm not blaming you. I am giving you a senario. Land of Recovery is stationary. Teleport is mobile. I find it contradicting because one spell requires you to stand your ground, while the other requires you to flee. I like to be able to use all my utilities. It would seem a waste to me, but whatever, you'll continue to argue that you don't have to take both.

Spoiler

I wouldn't compare a sorcerer with a ranger, because for me, a Wizard and a Ranger share the most aspects. For me, the Sorcerer is more similar to a Soulmaker or Priest... and especially the latter could also run around, using DoTs instead of Lightning Bolts. I already pointed out that I think that Sorcerers should be more mobile than Priests. Iit's hard to argue with you, when you think that being more like the current priest (who also has fewer attack skills than the Sorcerer) would be that problematic and strictly inferior or inbalanced in regard of DPS.

I compared a Sorcerer to a Ranger because spamming strong Lightning Bolt will make us the same as Rangers rotating charge arrow and double strafing. There should be a boundary between a Mage and a Ranger, and it should't just be heals. I mention before about cast time. Jupiter Thunder takes 2~3s to cast because it delivers an intense amount of damage. Lightning Bolt + Seal Explosion would be a rocket launcher without reloading, the only restriction it'll have is when the Seal Explosion is off.

Spoiler

I do read all your post, and I'll continue to do so. However, I feel we won't see each other perspectives. So this post may be my last, but I'll read the next one you post.

#25 captainmaverick

captainmaverick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Lightning Bolt:

• 300% damage

Aspersio effect:

• +200% damage
  • 100% stun chance

The Aspersio a.k.a. Seal Explosion would have a 30sec cooldown and would require the corresponding Seal to be active. I hope that this clear things up a bit. So yes, that would mean that the Aspersio a.k.a. Seal Explosion would be your ultimate skill, not Varetyr Spear. But due to the fact that the Aspersio will be applicable to ANY skill (or seal) and would create a huge bonus there, you'd actually have the option to transform any of your skills into 'ultimates'... ending up with more than one. Also keep in mind that my post was a concept discussion, not so much about balance. That's why I won't discuss Thunderstorm bonus for LoV in more detail right now.

I don't see any reason for a DPS problems, so I might not have understood what you're trying to tell me. Basically, my idea is to add some of the Priest concept for the Sorcerer. I think that the Sorcerer ought to be focused on burst effects, whereas the Priest should focus more on defense, continuous benefits and party support. So if I were to design a manga or anime with one character of each class, the Sorcerer representative would be the lively, active, impulsive and outgoing character and the priest the calm, caring, thought- and respectful one.

@ healing

Priest Heal: 43% heal, 1.0sec casting time, 1sec recast time => 210% heal per second

SM Restore: 720% heal, 2.0sec casting time, 1sec recast time = 240% heal per second

Healing Wave: 340% heal, 0.5sec casting time, 1sec recast time = 227% heal per second (with maxxed Emblem)

As you can see, the Sorcerer already has the quickest healing skills and it's surely arguable whether or not a Seal should fasten the heals or increase the potency. If everything else would be balanced, all three clases would heal almost the same amount per second. So the question is, who deserves the highest casting time and who the shortest. In my opinion, the highest casting time should belong to the priest, the shortest to the Sorcerer and the Soulmaker would be in the middle. The priest could then use Suffragium, Gloria and Aspersio to decrease the casting time and/or add a short DoT to Heal that would soften the lack of healing between two casts.

That leads towards Deluge and LoR. Deluge is actually a copy of Sanctuary that allows the Sorcerer to act... another word for 'mobile'. Of course, you would have to stay in the area of effect. But this skill could be easily adjusted. Like there are different heal pets (Willow, Elder, Lapparman, Ramort), there could be different ways to implement Deluge. Land of Recovery is a different story, because I wouldn't like to see a pure healing skill on the earth tree.

If I have one word to describe everything I have read... No. Just no. The devs aren't going to entertain something like this. You're wasting your time. All it sounds like to me is you want to be a priest. You want to fight with 1 skill or heal like a priest. Sorcerer is not a priest. If you like how a priest plays go be a priest. I don't even know why it has healing skills in the first place. It's a mage... it's a class designed for 1v1 dps fights with casting skills. It has low hp and defense, and decent cast times with the chance to do large amounts of damage to a single target. Honestly I'm surprised they didn't put the Free Cast skill from ro1 in here. But you don't seem to have played sorcerer very much. I don't need much more mobility whether it's healing or dps, and I don't consider myself to be the greatest sorcerer player out there. I don't need much more healing power and I use the level 1 healing skills. Yeah the healing is poop, but it gets the job done in almost any scenario and I'm playing a class that, by definition, isn't really even supposed to heal. I don't want to fight with only 1 skill because that would make my class extremely easy to play. Easy classes are boring and playing easy classes is for people with no skill. People with no skill shouldn't be able to beat people with skill. That's the point of a game. There's nothing wrong with the skill selection that sorcerer has.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users