#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Hello, everyone.

We want to gather feedback on each class to better balancing.

This thread will be about the Monk class. If you've played Monk and have some constructive feedback to give to help improve the class, use this thread as that platform.

To make things easier to read, please use the following form:

Character:

Feedback Type(Example: Skill/Stats/Suggestion)

Skill (If Applicable):

We appreciate all feedback given, and will use it when discussing changes to the studio.

Also, if you think another category in the form is required, let me know and I'll change it up!

#2 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRussell Springs, KY
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Character: KainTheLast

Feedback Type: Skill

Skill (If Applicable): Lightning Walk

Feedback: This skill when used teleports us in front of or behind the enemy, giving a failed to cast message. That or freezes us in place preventing other actions from being used other than exiting the game. That or be pummeled by the next monster passerby.

#3 1065130913163616790

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Character: HerPolarBear

Feedback TypeSuggestion

Feedback: I feel sort of discouraged playing my monk when I see basically every class out damage us. Even priests, which are supposed to be a support class, has higher overall DPS (with less total stats on their equips too).

Despite being mainly for tanking, I believe monks should have some party buffs or just flat-out higher DPS. I mean, beastmasters are very strong and have the highest HP in the game.

Basically just new/buffed skills. I can't really think of any specific suggestions, however. Maybe more skills that depend on spirits as well as a higher cap for spirit capacity (so more possible skills to use). Similar to what RO1 had.

#4 ohWarpPortal

ohWarpPortal

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Character: Nekodoken

Feedback TypeSkill Suggestion

New Skill (If Applicable): Healing Chakra

Feedback: I do not understand why a monk cannot heal or raise a fallen member?

Self recover HP skill and raise or recover team?

Or maybe regeneration in combat?

Most tank can self heal

Knight= aura heal

Warrior= tension release

Beast=Survival and bite

Even current Dps

Assassin=Grim tool

Rogue=Gangster paradise

wizard=Seal Explosion+Water Emblem

except for monk?

an EX-Acolytes cannot heal?

By right monk is still an middle east priest?

Call it Meditating, Chakra or whatever?

Monk Need a Regen skill so badly...

Edited by ohWarpPortal, 03 March 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#5 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:55 AM

Feedback Type: Skill/Stats/Suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): Any

Feedback: Why are Monk's weapons so slow as to be the same speed as a Warrior's? My knuckles usually look like some beads or a tiny wrist band opposed to a hulking sword. Not that it's too important a comparison (as this is a different game & all) but in RO1 I thought knuckles didn't reduce ASPD; In other words, the same as being bare-handed. Just a curiosity & not a necessary change.

Most if not all of our stats are lacking in comparison to those of the other Tank classes.

AGI gives us more Dodge than all but one other class (Rogue). The bigger problem here lie in that we only obtain AGI normally through our Knuckles; otherwise through Cards, Runes, Titles, & possibly Honing in the future. Which Beastmasters/Warriors can even get more of through their other equipment. I figured we'd do better at that compared to other classes as it was the Advent of Valkyrie bonus we received. If just being barely on par is the intention - feel free to correct me.

Flee isn't that useful of a Skill due to this either as it only adds 20% (at max) of our own Dodge to us for only 10 seconds (ex. 20% + 20% = 24%); As opposed to simply giving us an extra 20% chance to Dodge attacks for so little a duration. Even if it has a CD better than Protection Ki.

The Cast Speed on some of our equipment; What is it for? I ask because aside from Ymir Child: Seraphim & Steel Body, all of our Skills are Instant. A suggestion to replace it if there is none would be Vigor or Haste. I even tested if it would affect animation speed (Guillotine Fist) & it didn't change whatsoever.

Not sure if it's a thing, but we can't play as anything other than a Main Tank (or at least it feels that way), which as mentioned above we still fall a bit short on. While not nodding to anything like add control (as the class clearly isn't made for that purpose) I miss when as a Monk I could specialize for Combos (DPS) as well as tanking in party situations. I propose a Haste effect possibly added to one of our skills. Like the same effect from a Wizard's Skill Pyromaniac (which is obviously useless to them.)

Lightning Crush as a Skill feels useless & not necessarily the Monk's niche; As opposed to Warrior's & Beastmaster's with the same AoE but with Instant CD, as well as other AoEs those classes can do. (Unless Gravity is aiming for something Sura -esque at a later date.)

Guillotine Fist, our supposedly ultimate skill. A lot of people complain about it. My main concern with it is that we can't always take full advantage of it. It's completely RNG with Internal Wound's chance to activate (not to mention the 3 second window) & it's 3 Sphere cost (Ki Explosion) which there is no guarantee we'd already have Ki Explosion active. Not to mention too that it & Lightning Walk (although it makes a good chase or rush in Skill) effects don't work on what we're meant to be beating on; Being a Boss (or MVP if you're an RO1 fan). Every one else complains about CD; Although if you think about it GF can be used 3 times every 2 minutes with Summon Spirit Sphere; Not even counting Vigor's effects making those activations take place more frequently. Between that time we're constantly using Crushing Blow, Raging Blow to Heavy Tackle combos with TSS tossed in the mix every now & then to increase our overall DPS.

While we don't have a self sustain (or self heal if you'd prefer) I'd rather just remove all but the Knight's (the Crusader of this game) altogether. After all, isn't it the job of the healing classes to do that, or Potions more so now that their restorative properties now scale (again) with VIT (ex. 500 HP Potion + 822 VIT = 1323 HP)? It is possible to add one too through some kind of Spirit Sphere Absorption (name reminiscent of RO1) to aid you per Sphere had - if the prior is less possible; Although I still prefer the prior.

Steel Body is the same thing as Warrior's & Beastmaster's toggles without too unique an effect. Protection Ki not requiring a Sphere isn't too useful with it already having a 120 second CD. Bears get a chance at an aura that bolsters the party (10% more Defense, Dodge & Parry) & Warrior gets 30% more Parry & Dodge (roughly 2.6 Dodge per AGI).

Also, our Acolyte tree is completely shut off from us. If it wasn't we'd at least have some party utility (Blessing, Resurrection). Albeit not that useful in a party already (and far from the kind of Support I'd imagine a Monk to have) especially with a Priest & we'd obviously lose Skill Points towards our main Skills (which I wouldn't necessarily be happy to part with) unless the Monk tree simply didn't require anything in Acolyte. We are one of the only (if not THE only) classes without a buff or party-based Skill of our own & still as previously stated fall short to others on the role given to us. If we forget to do the Khara quest too (Resurrection), the option to obtain that title & complete the challenge is completely lost to us. I'd be mostly fine with any part friendly utility however. Like for example, Gentle Touch Skills from RO1.

Overall, I'm not looking to out do everyone in every respect (or be OP) like certain classes; So this isn't a "Do or we riot." post. As is though, I'm avoided in comparison to everyone in parties or raids except for the help my Guild gives me; As other than using my Knuckles to do battle, I'm hardly (in fact not at all) unique or impressive in any aspect compared to other classes equally built.

Edited by KaintheOmega, 27 February 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#6 Fariseo

Fariseo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Location1st Heaven
  • Server:Odin | Freyja

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

Character: SlamFist

Feedback TypeSkills/Stats Suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): Lightning Crush-Heavy Tackle

Lightning Crush: Lower the cd or change the animation, since you nerfed the aoe in the Heavy Tackle. Its the only AoE we have now and the animation takes much performing.

Heavy Tackle:  As i mentioned, put the aoe it had so it can hit 3 targets nearby as before AoV.

Also up the Hit rate on monks, I think we are the only class that misses so much even with high Agi. Hit rate in monks is a misery.

If you could also lower the cd on many skills, that would be nice, almost all of our skills have a high cd than any other classes.

Edited by Fariseo, 22 February 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#7 Insansshadow

Insansshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Character: SoulEater

Class: Monk

Skill: Crushing Blow

In general de base damage is not really bad but the dot however isn´t significant to the point of becoming crucial for a nice DPS

Skill: Throw Spirit Sphere

(I MISS HAVING ALL THE SPIRIT SPHERES FLOATING AROUND THE MONK AND THROWING 5 OF THEM) The skill has a really low damage for such a high CD, also leveling the skill gives no true benefit (the debuff of extra % of damage doesn´t increase and the CD doesn´t decrease) having at level 10 a dmg of around 340% (damage similar to raging blow but with 8 second CD)

In General I think the Monk feels like the incomplete Class, it´s a semi-tank semi-dps where if you want to tank you can only use Lightning crush which has a nice damage but has such a long animation and CD making it ineffective for farming at master levels and ineffective for dps (It is nice for generating threat at level 6)

PVE: The monk is also a semi-pve semi-pvp; where he has neither good AoE nor Sustain (has no healing ability)

PVP: In regards of the PVP the monk sucks (the Stats standardization in colosseum leaves him with not enough hit to hit the targets and not enough dodge to avoid hits, making him truly useless). Outside of colosseum with the correct gear and cards you can obtain enough agility for critical and hit in order to become a killing machine with not a high HP but awesome stats (only to realize that when you enter pvp; your gear, stats and builds have no reason to exist) It is also important to consider that Lightning Walk doesn´t function well.

#8 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Skill (If Applicable):

Feedback: A visual cue as to our Spirit Spheres would be nice. Not really an issue of balance but would give us a unique identifier as a class like Shadow Form for Assassin. That or something along the lines of a previous suggestions with Steel Body adding a similar visual effect as it did in RO1.

I've not used it myself but in terms of Monk Skills hear that Intimidation is unaffected by out Summon Spirit Sphere CD reset. Again, I'm not sure of this as I don't use Intimidation even as MT.

@Insansshadow;
Our DoT on Crushing Blow seems to fall short of some others out there causing less damage to our target than say, a Beastmaster's or a Warrior's DoTs. Though, compared to a lot of other DoTs it's above at 35% per 2 seconds (10/10). I don't see this as too big a drawback.

Throw Spirit Sphere. From it's name you'd assume we'd require & use up a Spirit Sphere for it's use, as opposed to generating one er use. So I'm agreed on this. Given a boost in certain areas this may hardly dampen our ability too.

TSS buff actually increases to 20% at 10/10 during Master Levels opposed to 10% prior, or so the description on my Skill Info Window says. The CD is irrelevant as the effect lasts for the CD (longer than the CD at 10/10 for a total of 25 seconds) itself allowing us to use Crushing Blow when needed, Guillotine Fist, or Heavy Tackle combos after stacking enough Spirit Spheres. I don't think it's use is damage at all; The increase only keeping us from falling behind too far in a fight with each use.

Our ability to Tank isn't in our mobbing skill (hence my comment about it being kind of useless) but in terms of being a Main Tank. As we deal with the Boss itself, other classes are free to deal with the adds like Warriors, or Beastmasters. Farming being another question entirely as I too envy that ability of other classes. Something like Wild Crush's Threat value added  to Crushing Blow could be a possible solution.

It also appears that Hit isn't only a Monk problem. I notice every class these days is going for Pure AGI builds making it difficult for everyone who would like to go an alternative route & PVP.

Edited by KaintheOmega, 23 February 2014 - 07:41 PM.

#9 EqualX

EqualX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

Character: EqualX

Feedback Type: STATS!

Skill (If Applicable):

Feedback: You guys did a great job improving our Skills but what is the use of it if we cant even land those skill on PVP!. /ragequit since Morroc Update.

#10 Insansshadow

Insansshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

I agree that the AoE issue might be a "Envy" however I did admit that the threat you generate is awesome regardless of the CD and DMG (plus 6 points in order to hit 10 targets is nice with a nice DMG)

True that past the fifth point in “Throw Spirit Sphere” you start increasing the additional % of damage debuff or buff however in order to make it truly be worth it, you need to use 10!!! Points considering the buff is all you want.

I know the dot might seem high in damage but when applied it really doesn´t feel so awesome for a dot, however I know we are not a DoT class so I would even consider eliminating it in order to obtain more “RO 1 Monk” mechanics.

Skill: “Lightning Walk”

I think lightning walk should be similar to body relocation, meaning it free to use in order to amplify the movement capability of the monk without having to have a target. I know it would seem maybe OP but you can either reduce the dmg or remover it.

#11 Insansshadow

Insansshadow

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

A nice mechanic for DPS Monks, could be the combos of the monks in RO 1

#12 SoulTakeshi

SoulTakeshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Character: SoulTakeshi

Feedback Type: 1.-A) Skill

B ) Skill

2.-A) Suggestion

B ) Suggestion

3.- Suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): 1.- A) Throw Spirit Sphere

B ) Crushing Blow

2.- A) Change Intidimation Skill for a new Skill ''Absorb Spirit Sphere''

B ) Change Evasion Skill for new Skill Snap

3.- Expand the acomulation of Spirit 3 -> 5

1.-A) Well, Whit Throw Spirit Sphere, is all okey but, obtain 1 Spirit Sphere is some rare whit the title skill, i suggest Throw all Spheres that acomulate, make a 1% more the damage per sphere

(Description) 

Spirit Requerid

Fire a Energy Bullet at a far target to inflict X% damage + 1%* Per Sphere, increase the target damage taken from monk's atack skills a X% for 15 Sec

1.-B ) Only need add 1 Spirit Sphere obtain (Total 3)

2.-A) Change Intidimation, well i think this skill is useless, why? only 6 sec the enemys ignore my? in this time maybe the player can run whitout this skill (LOL), i suggest change for new skill: ''Absorb Spirit Sphere'' whit this skill can heal a 25% hp and sp (whit 5 spheres at lv5*)

2.-B ) Change Evasion, the first point, the monk class dont have AGI in equip, and the rate evasion only expand a 20% whit 0 AGI... WTF!!!! (The exeption is on equip of Dayr, but in the lvs 1-50 dont have AGI), i dont know but i suggest the Snap (similar a Teleport of Wizard) **

3.- Whit my suggestion of the Intimidation, need add 2 more Spirit Spheres

*: The value can change for Balance of Class
**: I suggest change the skill, the Snap is only a idea or can add other combo to generate spirit sphere

Edited by SoulTakeshi, 23 February 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#13 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

Character: MonkDorlian

Feedback Typehit rate, skills.

Skill: adding self healing during Ki protection skill, the other tank classes has a self healing skill except monks. even a rogue can out dmg a monk also healing extremely faster.

Feedback: Increase accuracy in monks, is not viable having a entire reworked skill set if the class can't even land a hit in pvp or colo, WoE...

#14 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Feedback Type: Skill/Suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): Any that have numbers scaling only after 3 to 5 points.

Feedback: A stated above in the Skill part, certain skills only scale in certain areas (such as CD, number of targets, or effect/duration) after the pre-AoV max has been reached (3 or 5). A suggestion to make that scaling occur across all levels may help. 3 or 5 points before a change occurs gives us less incentive to waste points on those abilities although we have more than most classes get to allocate (aside from Beastmaster).

#15 toumakoukin

toumakoukin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Character:Shuu

Feedback Type: (Skill/Suggestion)

Skill (If Applicable):Raging Quadruple, Blade Grasp, Zanshin,and Shadow Boxing,

Feedback:I'm quite dissappointed with monks in RO2. We're neither tanks nor dps. We're at the bottom when it comes to dps, aoe, and taking damage. So what are we for exactly? The only time some of us are proficient is when we're totally geared while other classes have their skills to build a foundation for the class to be useful so the gear requirements aren't as neccessary compared to a monks. I'll sugguest some skills from the monk class in RO and some of my own ideas then try to make an effort to adapt the skills to RO2's standard. But keep in my that these suggestion have a true purpose and that is to build the Monks offensive combo prowess(dps) rather than the tanking aspect.

=Offensive Active=

Raging Quardruple Blow

-Raging Blow is the main combo starter prior to an opening for heavy tackle. Since our dps is not as good as the other classes I believe that we should add a bonus. This bonus is the Raging Quadruple Blows. Raging blow needs 5 points in order to use heavy tackle. When one is using raging blow the raging blow automatically turns into Raging Quadruple Blow upon the proc but only when the user have 5 points. At 5 points there's a 30%(maxed) chance of throwing a 1-2-3 combo instead of the raging blow's single punch. The skill does not consume points but it needs 5 as a requisite.

Lv.1-Every Raging Blow with spirit points maxed(5sp) will grant you a 10% chance to automatically proc a Raging Quadruple Blow instead of a Raging Blow, after the execution of the raging blow an extra 1-2-3- combo(3 hits total) continues attacking the target and inflicts damage equaling 222% of your Physical Damage. 10 second cooldown.

Lv.2-Every Raging Blow with spirit points maxed(5sp) will grant you a 20% chance to automatically proc a Raging Quadruple Blow instead of a Raging Blow, after the execution of the raging blow an extra 1-2-3- combo(3 hits total) continues attacking the target and inflicts damage equaling 444% of your Physical Damage. 8 second cooldown.

Lv.3-Every Raging Blow with spirit points maxed(5sp) will grant you a 30% chance to automatically proc a Raging Quadruple Blow instead of a Raging Blow, after the execution of the raging blow an extra 1-2-3- combo(3 hits total) continues attacking the target and inflicts damage equaling 666% of your Physical Damage. 6 second cooldown.

=Buff Defensive=

Blade Grasps

-The original skill monk is called Root. It's a skill that utilize an active mode of parrying/blocking oncoming attacks. In RO it's usually for trapping other players that are attacking the monk one on one but in this game I believe that as a dps we need to play a role that can attack AND defend in battle. This skill is called Blade Grasp. As obvious as the name sounds it's for parrying or grabbing the attacker's weapon.

Lv.1-Requires 4 points to use with a 45% chance of parrying the oncoming attacks for 3 seconds-does not apply AoE. This comes with a 18 second cooldown.

Lv.2-Requires 3 points to use with a 30% chance of parrying the oncoming attacks for 5 seconds-does not apply AoE. This comes with a 12 second cooldown

Lv.3-Requires 2 points to use with a 15% chance of parrying the oncoming attacks for 8 seconds-does not apply AoE. This comes with 6 second cooldown.

AND maybe to make it more challanging there should be a skill proc icon just like how when a jupitel thunder skill proc, Blade Grasps should aslo have a proc and we need to actually do the parrying ourselves. I believe this would be more fun and entertaining to do but I think this would be pretty broken lol

Lv.1-Requires 1 point to use which parry the oncoming attacks for 12 seconds-does not apply to AoE. One must press the "Parry" skill in order to parry.This comes with a 8 second cooldown.

Lv.2-Requires 1 point to use which parry the oncoming attacks for 8 seconds-does not apply to AoE. One must press the "Parry" skill in order to parry. This comes with a 6 second cooldown

Lv.3-Requires 1 point to use which parry the oncoming attacks for 6 seconds-does not apply to AoE. One must press the "Parry" skill in order to parry. This comes with a 4 second cooldown.

=Passive=

Shadow Boxing

-A buff similar to fear breeze that complements the damage for utilizing the Raging Quadruple Blow. Upon each proc for Raging Quadruple Blow a "Shadow Boxing Effect" will take place which further improves the combo and gives special bonus

Lv.1-Every Raging Quadruple will grant you with the "Shadow Boxing Effect" increasing your crit rate by .5% and deals an additional 3% damage for Raging Quadruple Blow. This effect may stack up to a maximum of 5 times and last 4 seconds. Every new application refreshes the duration, but at 5 stacks, additional cast will no longer refresh the duration.

Lv.2-Every Raging Quadruple will grant you with the "Shadow Boxing Effect" increasing your crit rate by 1% and deals an additional 6% damage for Raging Quadruple Blow. This effect may stack up to a maximum of 5 times and last 6 seconds. Every new application refreshes the duration, but at 5 stacks, additional cast will no longer refresh the duration.

Lv.3-Every Raging Quadruple will grant you with the "Shadow Boxing Effect" increasing your crit rate by 1.5% and deals an additional 9% damage for Raging Quadruple Blow. This effect may stack up to a maximum of 5 times and last 8 seconds. Every new application refreshes the duration, but at 5 stacks, additional cast will no longer refresh the duration.

Lv.4-Every Raging Quadruple will grant you with the "Shadow Boxing Effect" increasing your crit rate by 2% and deals an additional 12% damage for Raging Quadruple Blow. This effect may stack up to a maximum of 5 times and last 10 seconds. Every new application refreshes the duration, but at 5 stacks, additional cast will no longer refresh the duration.

Lv.5-Every Raging Quadruple will grant you with the "Shadow Boxing Effect" increasing your crit rate by 3% and deals an additional 15% damage for Raging Quadruple Blow. This effect may stack up to a maximum of 5 times and last 12 seconds. Every new application refreshes the duration, but at 5 stacks, additional cast will no longer refresh the duration.

Zanshin-Toggle Buff

-with skills such as Evasion that only increase your dodge rate by 20% for 10 seconds at level 5, this skill "Zanshin" would complement the 10 second buff and further increasing the dodge rate, movement speed, and dps for the monk's striking speed.

Requirement-Similar to going into fury mode. Needs 5 spheres. With a 60 second cooldwon.

Lv.1-Temporarily quicken your reflexes, increasing your Dodge Rate by 2%, Movement Speed by 3%, and Haste .4%.

Lv.2-Temporarily quicken your reflexes, increasing your Dodge Rate by 4%, Movement Speed by 6%, and Haste .8%.

Lv.3-Temporarily quicken your reflexes, increasing your Dodge Rate by 6%, Movement Speed by 9%, and Haste 1.2%

Lv.4-Temporarily quicken your reflexes, increasing your Dodge Rate by 8%, Movement Speed by 12%, and Haste 1.6%

Lv.5-Temporarily quicken your reflexes, increasing your Dodge Rate by 10%, Movement Speed by 15%, and Haste 2.0%

That's all folks!! :p_idea:

OH and another thing. GIBE US BACK OUR ACO SKILLS BUT NERF IT REALLY GOOD!!!! So that priests won't be totally useless lol.......like us...

Edited by toumakoukin, 23 February 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#16 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Feedback:I'm quite dissappointed with monks in RO2. We're neither tanks nor dps. We're at the bottom when it comes to dps, aoe, and taking damage. So what are we for exactly?

All 3 of those issues are easily solved.

AOE: Monks are a MT class like Beastmaster, and therefore are designed for single-target tanking. Knights and Warriors are OT classes, which focus on multi-target tanking.

Defense: With the diminished returns of certain stats, your defense is still on par with other tanks. A Monk with 5000 defense will have almost the same defense % as a Knight with 7500 defense.

DPS: Monk's dps is comparable to a Warrior and Beastmaster. As far as AGI goes, Monk only has 48 less AGI than a Knight, so their crit is nearly the same.

I don't mean for this to be a "your class is better than mine" post, it's just Monks really don't have that much to complain about.

Edited by Tiduspeco, 23 February 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#17 Vaiki

Vaiki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

Character: Vaiki

Feedback TypeSkill/Stats/Suggestion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Stats-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defense: Well pre AOV, monks had the highest defense out of all the classes, now we have the least defense. 5000 defense from 7500 defense is a big difference, its about a 65% defense rate compared to a 70% defense rate.

Hit: Monks only need hit, so if we can get Agi on our hat / shoes it would be nice. and give us  HASTE on our gear instead of cast speed. Cast speed is basically useless for monks. monks skills are 'ok'. Some may need a bit of revising.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Skills-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heavy Tackle:
One skill to look into would be removing the stun effect on Heavy tackle. It is pretty much useless, with the current hitrate of monks, I'll be generous and give it a 40% chance of landing a hit, that's about a 2% chance of heavy tackle stunning. so it'll stun about once every 50 times I use it. With the game central around pvp right now, this 2% chance is very much useless, having Heavy tackle hit 3 targets would benefit us much more.

Iron Skin:

Another skill to look into is Iron Skin, with the low base defense of our current gears, we have less defense than any of the melee classes even with 250% defense buff, while at the same time taking 5 skill points for Iron skin and 5 skill points for Steel body, we are giving up 10 skill points to have the least defense out of all the 'tank' classes.

Spiritual Cadence : Since the renouncing of stat points requiring 1 point per stat, this skill has lost its glory of putting 50% of stats into str and 50% of stats into int. Make this a bit better? 

Spirit Spheres: 
If you really want to 'recreate' the monk my idea would be to give monks 5 spirit spheres instead of 3. With each sphere giving 3% hit rate and .5% max hp heal when they are expended (e.g with heavy tackle / asura strike). [+15% hit rate when spheres are active, and ability to heal .5% per sphere when they are expended]

Heavy tackle will require 3 spheres to cast. (healing 1.5% max hp each use)

Fury explosion requiring 5 spirits sphere to cast (as well as expending the spheres to heal 2.5% max hp).
Asura being able to cast with or without spirits sphere. With spheres giving monks the ability to heal off Asura at 2.5% max hp heal and an additive +15% hit rate.  Asura would then consume all spheres that are active.
This change would make monks wait longer for charge up time to use Asura as well as giving them strategic use of their spheres. Managing when and when not to use Asura. While gesturing towards the benefits to DPS with other skills to make use of the  %hit + %heal from the active spheres.

Edited by Vaiki, 26 February 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#18 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

Skill (If Applicable): Iron Skin/Steel Body

Heavy Tackle:
We're not meant to hit more than one target at a time. I've also found Internal Wound useful with the exception of it's use with GF due to small window & unlikelihood that it would be off CD at the same time. Since you'd probably be using GF as frequently as possible.

Iron Skin/Steel Body: Agreed. Would a terrible suggestion be to merge the two near permanent Defense buffs? For anyone getting the prior, the latter is pretty much never off. Wasting 5 points on what only feels like a filler Skill.

Spiritual Cadence: We still get INT from other sources, like accessories, titles, cards, runes, etc. unlike most melee classes so SC still has it's use. (That stuff stacks up over time.)

Spirit Spheres: We don't need a self heal. In fact, no one but the Knight does. Knight = Crusader/Paladin, which is the only reason that makes sense. After that, the only ones that need to heal are those who take up the role of Healer. (i.e Priests, Sorcerers, Soul Makers) I can't say about 5 Spheres either, as by the time we gain 3 we're using HT at every opportunity unless KE > GF combo is off of CD.

Edit: Compared to Knights I can honestly say we don't have much to complain about.

Edit: Guillotine Fist: 20% is a bit low for the extra effect to proc, would it be too OP to consider raising this to say - 35%?

Edited by KaintheOmega, 25 February 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#19 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

Feedback Type: Stats

Feedback: You know, it's kinda funny how Monks are supposed to get a dodge bonus for every point of agi, yet they don't have agi on their gear outside of their weapon.

My suggestion would be to have str and int split between gear pieces, like strength/wis/agi on one piece, int/vit/agi on another, something like that. It would cause Monks to lose a bit of power, but at the same time they take advantage of their agi bonuses (and hit stuff).

#20 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:48 AM

Our Master Level equipment is like this already, minus the AGI on anything but our weapon.

#21 kitkatjenie

kitkatjenie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

Character: kitkat

Feedback TypeSkill

Skill (If Applicable):  Heal

I could have sworn in the original RO the Monks still retained their ability to heal themselves in battle (I may be wrong it was a longtime ago).  Even if they could only heal themselves I think monks could benefit from the return of this skill 

#22 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

"Monks are Acolytes that moved away from the Odin Orthodoxy way of silence and prayers, taking the path of meditation and asceticism to enlightenment.Not only do they have strong physical strength due to endless training, they can also freely control their internal powers."

That's probably why we lose access to those abilities, but the lack of support based skills is still detrimental to our usefulness compared to other tanks far more wanted. Tire of hearing "Rebuff" only to realize my class has nothing to offer. This along with the lack of AGI (our unique stat) to give us our unique edge as Main Tanks.

Edited by KaintheOmega, 26 February 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#23 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

The lack of heals and buffs should be a good trade-off for having the best stun in the game (intended or not). Having the most AGI out of the four tanks would be ideal given our bonus is dodge rate, if that is truly the trade-off that specializes monks as tanks or damage dealers. As it is right now, monk enjoys one of the most threatening stuns, good damage, potentially the best burst damage ability, and tank stats, with the ability to refresh their burst and stuns. ONCE THEY FIX ACCURACY/DODGE FORMULAS... this class will be one of the better classes for reliable secondary (not off-tank) tank and DPS, and a terror in PvP.

#24 kramyaj

kramyaj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Things that must be improve..

1. The way Monk sit. Really, please look carefully and consider this because the way monk sits is really lame..

Since we practice mental states, you should make it like medating or something really look cool.

2. Our AOE Skill "Lightning Crush" that generates 100% threats is good but since every players want to consider to be a DPS this is skill doesn't help at all. Since DPS mustn't outthreat the tanks. But tank monks need this. So the best way to make the monk more flexible to put another AOE skill or bring back the AOE effect of Heavy Tackle..

3. Also about being a DPS Monks. We want to maximize the damage and to compare with other characters all DPS doesn't have any skill for additional movementspeed. We can only rely on Lightning Walk which (bugged. either you land farther or stay where you are). Lightning walk should have a lower cd or atleast have a chance when it hit the target the cd may get -cd or none at all..

4. Weapon. You see compare to Sin they wear it in both hands.. Why Monks only wear in one hand? why is that? It doesn't make sense at all since monks don't have sharp weapons atleast we get to have to knuckles right? My monk's other will be injured by punching my targets with metal armor.. ^_^

5. We should have a Kick skill (aside with Lightning walk) to have it combo with our punching skills.. If you will not make a Kick skill well you may consider replacing the class name Monk to Boxer or street fighter !

6. I second to the person who wants to see the spheres circling around monks..

(Make us more competetive and cooler Please !)

#25 Vaiki

Vaiki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

**The Monk skill Protection Ki now costs 1 spirit sphere to cast as of the 2/26 patch.** Not sure if intended or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users