#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hello, everyone.

We want to gather feedback on each class to better balancing.

This thread will be about the Soulmaker class. If you've played Soulmaker and have some constructive feedback to give to help improve the class, use this thread as that platform.

To make things easier to read, please use the following form:

Character:

Feedback Type(Example: Skill/Stats/Suggestion)

Skill (If Applicable):

We appreciate all feedback given, and will use it when discussing changes to the studio.

Also, if you think another category in the form is required, let me know and I'll change it up!

#2 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Character:LilMissFart

Feedback Type: Skill/Suggestion

Skill: Soul Link Revive and Soul Link Concentration

Feedback: I believe these skills should be an active skill that automatically links up to the party characters in range.  Often times characters run out of the range of the link, or aren't in a position where all characters who need the benefit are able to get it without multiple casts.   This skill should have an alternate mode for targeting, but a basic mode that centers and reconnects links during the duration of the skill.  

Feedback Type: Skill

Skill: Cure Pearl

Feedback: I think this skill is lacking in it's ability.  At current, it's not even worth investing into for a one time heal.  I think to improve this skill it should also give back SP and provide a short health/SP boost for 60 seconds after gaining a pearl use.  This will allow party members as well as the Soul Linker to have an extra shot at recovering SP during battle as well as helping their survival.

Skill: Mental Breakdown

Feedback: Would it be asking a lot to have the Glass Mental debuff be converted into a buff shown on the character window, not on the target?  Since having that debuff on any enemy in your collection allows you to use the added effects, I think it would be more convenient to have it appear with out buffs instead so we know we have access to Glass Mental.

Skill: Exploitation

Feedback: I know this is going to be a see-saw of favor of this skill.  Personally I'd like to see that abilities of this skill expanded and made useful in a party situation.  Given it's cooldown, I don't think it's much to ask that this skill apply to the entire party in range, and have the added effect of stealing SP from the enemy.  In a solo situation, it would give the entire stolen amount to the Soul Linker, but in party situations it would divide it up between the party members.   Going at the same rate of the Int % gain, this could also allow the Soul Linker to support both magic casters and healers, as well as give themselves a bit more fuel to keep being the buff character.  All enemies have a pool of SP, but never truly high so I can't see this as game breaking given the amount of SP used by magic casters.

Feedback Type: Suggestion

Skill: Cure

Feedback:  I am actually going to go against the trend here.  I do not think Cure is entirely too powerful.  If anything I believe as a balance that it's SP cost should be raised slightly.  This will make it a bit more balanced against Renovatio (which I agree should have it's power increased).  It should only be stackable beyond level 3, going from 1 stack at 3, 2 at 4, and 3 at 5.  After which it should not gain any more stacks.  This rewards investment into the skill.   However if a power decrease is necessary, dropping from 120% to 100% of magical attack (at level 5) would place it at Renovatio's level unstacked.  And fully stacked bring up to about 300% at level 5.  

Skill: n/a

Feedback: More of an aesthetic suggestion.  I think that Soul Linkers (and Crescentia) should be able to use both the dances as Normans are allowed to use two.  

Feedback: Another Aesthetic suggestion.  In regards to Awake Soulmate, I think that the transformed look should reflect what the character's hair/horn type is.  Also it should not remove facial decorations, such as eyepatches.  Having seen the look in the character screen and in the Face Box, I don't see why leaving those items on the character would be a bad thing.  

Feedback: Aesthetic.  Could we please have access to the Restoration voice clip?  It is in the game files, and after hearing it, I think it should be used.  

Edited by MadamOnara, 28 February 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#3 Crossheart

Crossheart

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Character: SeleneRunore

Skill: Mental breakdown.

Feedback: The SP cost of this skill is almost absurd. Using the skill at level higher than 5 cause that your sp drop to zero in less than a minute.

Skill: Soul Extintion

#4 shunoin

shunoin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

Character: Rosmarie

Feedback TypeSkill/Suggestion

Skill (If Applicable):

Death Spell: Pretty much our first choice if we need to AOE something. The skill itself is wonderful especially as it adds Soul Injection debuffs..the only problem is that if I really feel like AOEing something the mobs are dead sooner than I was able to cast Death Spell. I wish this skill was an instant cast. 

Soul Extinction: Overall a very nice skill if it wasn't for the DoT which is way too low. Makes it not worth to even cast the skill. I'm having a little over 300 dmg with full Osiris gear which is.. pretty sad. 

Soul Extinction Mastery: I feel this skill shouldn't even exist and be added to the normal Soul Extinction instead. So that if you intend to level Soul Extinction you can gain the added immobility bonus the more points you invest as there are up to 10 points to be invested.

Cure Pearl: I wish there would be an additional HoT here as there is a cooldown which doesn't allow a player to absorb another bead. 

Dispell: Only a 30% chance to dispell debuffs? 50% would be much better and worth it to invest points here.

Suggestion:

Gear:

Soulmakers need a lot more WIS in their gear. If there has been once thing bugging me the entire time it is the missing sp we so badly need while attacking. It's that bad that I need to keep my skills on level 1 to not use up all my sp too quickly. SMs are the second most sp eating class I've encountered and we really eat Blue Pots as if they are candy. I suggest reducing the sp cost for skills a bit or adding more WIS to our armor. Having 5k sp doesnt really work for a MLVL 20 Soulmaker; I find myself using two Spinel Purple Pots during one Osiris clear. 

Awake Soulmate: 

Since all other classes get a full heal when they transform into their respective forms. Sms and Cres' should get a full heal too. Also, on the aesthetic side: I wish you could distinguish transformed Soulmakers from other transformed ones. We pretty much look so much alike that you can't even tell if the toon is female or male aside from the animations and the voices. 

#5 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Character: Mikubus

Skill: Sacrifice

Feedback: Hit rate should be a bit higher than base hit rate.  Not necessarily 100%, but higher than base hit rate.  

Feedback Type: Skill

Skill: Cure Pearl

Skill: Cure

Feedback: Heals TOO MUCH... I can heal over 7k per tick fully stacked, at most, this should be around 4k, especially with a 3.5% increase every 5s.

Skill: All SoulLink Skills

Feedback: THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with the current linking system, it forces teamwork within the raid group.  However,the link DISTANCE could be increased to 20m.

Skill: Mental Breakdown

Feedback: Since this is the main DPS skill, its damage needs to be increased, BUT, only at higher levels.  For instance, lv5 is fine where it's at, but it should ramp up MORE past lv5 in order to be commensurate with the sp cost.  

The skill set for SM should allow the player to build a more support based or dps based character.  As it stands, the SM completely sucks at DPS no matter what.  There should be significant boosts in high lvl skills which boost DPS (thus preventing skills in support skills).  The support skills are fine where they're at with the exception of the above exceptions.

Edited by 7517130609154355683, 22 February 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#6 LexAeterna

LexAeterna

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Character: SoulVortex

Feedback Type: Suggestion

Skill: Soul Link Skills

Feedback: It would be nice if link skills were like aura. SM will be able to cast all link skills without target (will apply on him/herself) Then those who are close to SM will receive links' effects.(within range). Because its too hard to maintain balance among people while getting hurt by mobs.

Skill: Cure Pearl

Skill: Mental Breakdown

Feedback: Since this is the main DPS skill, its damage needs to be increased, BUT, only at higher levels.  For instance, lv5 is fine where it's at, but it should ramp up MORE past lv5 in order to be commensurate with the sp cost.  

The skill set for SM should allow the player to build a more support based or dps based character.  As it stands, the SM completely sucks at DPS no matter what.  There should be significant boosts in high lvl skills which boost DPS (thus preventing skills in support skills).  The support skills are fine where they're at with the exception of the above exceptions.

#7 SumPsychoChic

SumPsychoChic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

Character: Keylie

Skill (If Applicable): Mental Breakdown

Feedback: SP is way to high for this to be our main skill. If I use this at level 5, I'm losing SP faster that I can drink mana pots.

Character: Keylie

Skill (If Applicable): All Soul Link Skills

Feedback: Agree with above posts, some type of aura around me to auto link to group members who run into range would be nice. Having to rebuff everytime one member runs a little to far away is really hard to do when also watching mobs and watching SP and everything else going on.

#8 expcore

expcore

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

Character: UQ

Feedback Type: Equipment/ Suggestion 

Skill (If Applicable):

Feedback: Not sure if anyone has noticed this but all of the soulmakers HP are lower then every other class. All of the mater level gears for soul makers have no vitality on there weapons, handle and doll. Even up to chaos our HP was roughly on par with the other classes in terms of HP. Now there's a 10k HP difference between soul makers and every other class cause we are missing the vitality on our weapons. Either put vitality on our weapons or remove them from very other class so it can be the same again. 

Feedback Typeskill/suggestion

Skill (If Applicable): all soul links

Feedback:  I agree with the above post, but the links need to have a longer range. Its impossible to keep the links up to everyone in the party. Can we increase the range of the links, cause 15m is broken so easily, then we have to relink ppl again and they have to be with range and within a certain place as well.

Feedback Type: suggestion

Skill (If Applicable):

Feedback: SP consumption. Soul makers run out of SP too quickly. Even during colosseum I can run out of SP halfway through the round, the only way I can get SP back then is to use blue pots or die. Soul makers skill consume too much and the class must always carry around couple of stacks of blue pots, so we don't just stand around doing nothing when we run out of sp. 

#9 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:03 AM

Character: darkyne

Feedback Type: Skills

Skill (If Applicable): Party (multi-target) soul links

Two things here..

1) Lots of opinions on these.. I would like to see targeted/applying easier, but keep range the same. There are times where it takes me 3-4 times to link someone when they're right next to me.. have to play with camera angle/avoid having too much of the cursor in an out of bounds area/etcetc. I think links should spread out as a "wave"/"ring" from the centered caster out to a max of 15m (max range of link) and be applied on everyone in party in that area. 15m can be a challenge, but it is doable (especially if you have someone you regularly link that is mindful of the range) and makes it so the SM has to choose between linking melee or ranged.. I'm fine with that.

2) Please give the links a weaker effect when solo - half maybe? I leveled my SM solo but duoed dungeons with a friend, so I maxed links and had DPS skills at 1.. it sucked not being able to make use of half my skills since I was on my own. Being in a party giving the full effect still encourages use of partying, but makes it feel not as much as a waste when solo (or in a situation where linking others isn't practical). Also, with that, it'd be nice to keep the crit procs, though again, perhaps at half effect. The single target links should stay as-is.

Skill (If Applicable): Mental Breakdown (Glass Mental)

I agree with the above - please please please make this a self-buff, not a buff on target (ideally with some sort of aura to denote when it procs, like with the shadow strike assassin buff). It can be hard to tell when Glass Mental procs, especially when mobbing.. given it's single use, even with mobbing, it wouldn't seem overpowered to have it per-character. Helps with the issues of cast time on Death Spell/Sacrifice, too.

Skill (If Applicable): Immunity

Way way too high SP cost.. I haven't had too many SP problems when grinding on my SM (mobbing helps keep costs down, and my Mental Breakdown is level 5), but when I was doing Chaos Quests right after AoV, I was pretty much guaranteed to have to start drinking potions off of every cooldown as soon as I used Awake:SoulMate and started with Immunity. I don't know how it is with Osiris gear, but I'd even like to see SP cost halved.. especially given how much vigor we can get with links and form.

Skill (If Applicable): Cure

Agreeing with another above, the heal amount is way too much. I love the flexibility of heals stacking gives, but I left mine on level 1 (2 SP per cast yeahhhh~) and 3 stacks heal over 10% of my HP (2.2k I think? with Desert Scorpion weapon..) per tick. As it is, I see no reason to level this skill because of how strong it is at level 1..

#10 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:odin

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:22 AM

Character: Beelzebub3rd

I suggest  SM can Regen their own sp too like that of Priest and Wizard class, THEY are once an elves,elf (whatever you called it) who excels in the art of magic and spells for Pete's sake! and teach the primitive Normans how to use it. We suffer already in terms of magical damage output/dps compared to other magical class and we also have low health, walk speed! I think some tune ups be made by DEVS and consider the following:

Cure pearl - I see NO USE for this skill even on raids I suggest try to include sp regeneration too and make the time shorter instead of that eternal 30secconds.

Glass Mental - Upon success this will also include RESTORE to cast instantly also increase the success chance of Glass Mental around 40% to cope up with fast and agile melee class that destroy us easily on pvp.

Soul Extinction - The DOT with this skill is a joke please do something about it.

Soul Links - I dont understand why the caster cannot use it to himself please change it to party buff

Awake - Upon activation HP/SP will be restored to its full, I see other class have it, thats so unfair that we dont get it too.

-on my phone right now ill edit it later- 0.0

Edited by 1214681284, 04 March 2014 - 10:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users