Rebirth of Ro2 - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rebirth of Ro2

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#26 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:54 AM

While I do support these ideas I can't help but think some of these suggestions are going in one ear and out the other to the devs.

#27 mikkan4ge

mikkan4ge

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

:no1:+1

#28 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

I still think that, given the growing number if characters who are showing up without ever having ran most if any 1-50 pre-RHD dungeons, that the same mentality will be extended to all content after it. The same excuses will be applied as well.

I also think Pr3 loves abusing Klyde's artwork.

But yes, considering that Osiris is dungeon grade instead of raid grade, it obviously pales to older raids. Osiris basically belongs in the dungeon lineup, not raid lineup. Since DWF's third tier is supposed to be a raid, it may also with luck find its place in the raid lineup. Though, considering how many people were running old raids just before aov launched, this would cut off a large portion of our population...

But yes, not seeing any signs that people will need to bother with Osiris in the future either. Blue gear from second tier DWF will easily replace the need for Osiris, and Joser can get you to it...

#29 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

Which will come first, the Rebirth of Ro2? Or players finally getting their real-life WoE prizes from 7 months ago?

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 28 February 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#30 7657130507012220560

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

Vau for president. It's about time I read some real talk on these forums

#31 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Which will come first, the Rebirth of Ro2? Or players finally getting their real-life WoE prizes from 7 months ago?

The woe prizes are honestly considerably more likely, but only relative to each other. I'll leave you to consider the actual numbers involved.

#32 Netamong

Netamong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin Channel 1

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

what should be a rebirth is the armor for knights.

Edited by Netamong, 28 February 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#33 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Needless to say, anyone who supports this thread has very low confidence in the developers for varying reasons that have accumulated over time. It's not just random rants. It's purely speaking from past experience with all the updates that have come into play. It's like...what...5% to 10% of all of the updates we've gone through since the opening of iRO2 that have been done successfully without any major game breaking bugs and balance breaking features?

#34 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:53 AM

I nominate Vau for Supreme Leader and Eternal President of the People's Republic of RO2.

#35 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Needless to say, anyone who supports this thread has very low confidence in the developers for varying reasons that have accumulated over time. It's not just random rants. It's purely speaking from past experience with all the updates that have come into play. It's like...what...5% to 10% of all of the updates we've gone through since the opening of iRO2 that have been done successfully without any major game breaking bugs and balance breaking features?

Actually no. I can't think of a single bug free patch that wasn't either patched later or has its patch pending. Every case of fixes comes with new unintended features, no exceptions.

#36 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

Actually no. I can't think of a single bug free patch that wasn't either patched later or has its patch pending. Every case of fixes comes with new unintended features, no exceptions.

I'm talking about crippling ones. I can think of like 3 updates that didn't come with any major bugs. Minor bugs, yes. Either case, it's still extremely disappointing from day 1.

Edited by GuardianTK, 28 February 2014 - 08:57 AM.

#37 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

So, I'ma give my 2 cents even though I been away from the game several months now. (but frequent the coli forums regularly so I have a vague idea of whats happening)

However the harsh truth is it seems to be that the developers simply do not care for this game. Ragnarok Online 2 Legend of the Second is the result of a game that was developed in a rush because of the failure of Gate of World, its an MMO developed with almost no budget, seeing as most of it was spent on its predecessor. In conclusion, the game abuses Cash Shop items to get some of the money they lost during the development of GotW. At least, that's what it seems. You can tell the game was sloppily put together from the start, and you can see this in some graphical glitches early on in the game, even the smallest ones that requires minor fixing go ignored. A good example is in Maple Forest, where there's a broken Cart near the entrance to Divided Plains. There are objects there, floating. Now, it's not game breaking, but honestly it shows how lazily some of these things are developed and/or designed. Sograt Desert is a map full of recycled models from other mobs from previous maps. Road of Bless being a copy of Sograt, just more desert just shows they were running out of time.

Now, two things can happen in the future. 1) Gravity gets their money back and decide to actually give a damn about the game and start balancing out and paying attention to what their players want. Or 2) They'll squeeze the players' wallets with unfair cash shop items until their entire population leaves them, causing RO2 to fail and so, closing it. (inb4 Ragnarok Online II: The Third Try)

As many others here, many of us (specially those that have been on iRO2 since May) are just staying because of our guilds and our friends. Many of us have left, I made Collision on May 1st which is when the game launched, and none of the original 20 members remain, not because the game isn't fun, but mostly frustration from unanswered pleads and requests (to make the game for the better.)

The game still has potential to become great, but it's like watching a flower wither, since its owners refuse to water it.

Funny how a post that I made September 26th of last year is still relevant today.

Anyways, from what I been gathering RO2 never had its progression fully thought out properly to begin with. People hitting 50, getting Master Class and going straight to Osiris? The same issue happened when the game launched. People had access to Colosseum immediately after release. Colo gear is above if not the same as CoA Hard gear (which wasn't out at the time) so you couldn't even be bothered with Raiding in PvE/Bapho because it wasn't necessary. So in reality, nothing has changed.

It's nice that you guys are trying to take initiative and bring positive change for the game and I wish you the best of luck but... we have tried before, and as a result half of my entire guild (which were damn dedicated players) left since our pleads went unheard, we couldn't cope with the bugs and glitch abuse of others (who most, went unbanned for whatever reasons).

Again. Good luck, and respect for those of you who are still playing. And sorry for being negative, just speaking from personal experience.

Edited by KIyde, 28 February 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#38 bakeruii

bakeruii

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

The original post, and many of the replies, seem to just be a rehashing of obvious issues. The terms outlined are nothing new, and nothing more than is demanded on the vast majority of bug report threads. This isn't news. The only interesting comments came from Vau, and that's just weird. 

What is the point of this post? To bring awareness to problems? We know. To tell the WP team their job? They know. To request "adhearance" to to quality standards? Pretty much asked for in every bug report. We want balance? Duh. Bring back raid/gear progression? Covered in lots of threads. New content? No kidding. Alternate sources of income? Totally been discussed.

The only thing I see on this post that makes it different from the plethora of WP maintained and community posted bug/content request posts is Pr3's offer to "personally organize" information and a suggestion that somehow he can do it better or more efficiently than the paid WP team. "It is common knowledge that numerous things int he game are unbalanced. WP team is aware of these unbalances, and has put effort into listening to the community for changes." So why is it mentioned here? Again, it just looks like a bit of circle jerking. The points you referred to as "common knowledge" and "self-explanatory" are so because they've been discussed so much. 

I appreciate the time it must have taken to recycle Klyde's images and write the suggestions, but have you considered that you might have better spent your time directing your ideas at the "several posts on the WP forums allocated" for ideas on class balances, bug fixes, and game suggestions? After all "organization... will help expedite fixes for bugs and balances". I guess a self-glorifying post in Community Chat works just as well.

+1 to OP for restating the obvious, though. 

#39 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

+1'd

The devs need to get off their lazy butts and actually put some effort into fixing bugs and balancing the game. They ought to realize that non-paying and paying players players need eachother. How can KP sellers sell their KP if there are no non-paying players? They would eventually stop spending money on the game and ultimately quit because there's not enough to do in the game anymore.

#40 Strobe

Strobe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

"This too, shall pass.. and forever sink into the depths of this forum..." Or at least that's how I see it since our cries have been ignored for the longest time. The way I see it, this is just another page of a book full of disappointments.. Unless someone in warpportal ties a dev on a chair and forces him/her to read this. I think Njoror is capable of that but in all honesty, and based on what Klyde just said up there, this has been going on for a while and is nothing new to them. I bet they just laugh at these things and just do what they want. This IS their game after all. And if we try to change that they'll probably tell you to make your own. But IDK. Seeing how they are with the community now, I think they are willing to give us a chance. This might actually work but I'm not expecting. For what its worth, I'll give this a +1. If not, then whats new?

Edited by Strobe, 28 February 2014 - 10:17 AM.

#41 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Need dem China moneh :0

#42 Strobe

Strobe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

Need dem China moneh :0

They want more molaahs on their panteeeeeeeeeeeehs

#43 7657130507012220560

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

They want more molaahs on their panteeeeeeeeeeeehs

quick, buy more chocorrrrate boxes guyyyyyyyyyys

#44 Winterdrop

Winterdrop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationFFXIV-

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

I just hope this time, the devs would take time to look and read the propositions given.

Some players actually care about this game that they are giving their own suggestions on how to keep this game running.

The game is seriously dying - in player number, for one.

If they just take time to sit down properly on their seats and read the Bug Lists, the Feedbacks, the Suggestions and Proposals, and this post, I'm sure the game would go back to it's feet sooner or later.

#45 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

xD won't happen

#46 SHlNGO

SHlNGO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

The original post, and many of the replies, seem to just be a rehashing of obvious issues. The terms outlined are nothing new, and nothing more than is demanded on the vast majority of bug report threads. This isn't news. The only interesting comments came from Vau, and that's just weird. 

What is the point of this post? To bring awareness to problems? We know. To tell the WP team their job? They know. To request "adhearance" to to quality standards? Pretty much asked for in every bug report. We want balance? Duh. Bring back raid/gear progression? Covered in lots of threads. New content? No kidding. Alternate sources of income? Totally been discussed.

The only thing I see on this post that makes it different from the plethora of WP maintained and community posted bug/content request posts is Pr3's offer to "personally organize" information and a suggestion that somehow he can do it better or more efficiently than the paid WP team. "It is common knowledge that numerous things int he game are unbalanced. WP team is aware of these unbalances, and has put effort into listening to the community for changes." So why is it mentioned here? Again, it just looks like a bit of circle jerking. The points you referred to as "common knowledge" and "self-explanatory" are so because they've been discussed so much. 

I appreciate the time it must have taken to recycle Klyde's images and write the suggestions, but have you considered that you might have better spent your time directing your ideas at the "several posts on the WP forums allocated" for ideas on class balances, bug fixes, and game suggestions? After all "organization... will help expedite fixes for bugs and balances". I guess a self-glorifying post in Community Chat works just as well.

+1 to OP for restating the obvious, though. 

yeah what this dude said.

#47 Cookiemonst3r

Cookiemonst3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

I doubt any changes will come swiftly. Kitamura Yoshinori (gravity ceo) has been responsible for the company for the past five years and since that time the stock price hasn't gone anywhere, still sitting at 1 dollar.  After a half decade of stagnation, there hasn't been any changes at the top.  In comparison,  Thorsten Heins (previous ceo to blackberry) was fired so fast after not producing growth his head was probably still spinning.  Kitamura Yoshinori must be a ninja of the highest calibre to be able to dodge lay off letters like a champ.  He must walk around with +10000 agi runes in his suit pockets every where he goes.

#48 MagicianKn

MagicianKn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

+10000000000000000000

Edited by MagicianKn, 28 February 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#49 Strobe

Strobe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

quick, buy more chocorrrrate boxes guyyyyyyyyyys

Ermm.. its actually the Japanese who makes L sound like R and some people are stupid enough to translate them by changing R to L..

Like Izrude to Izlude, chocorate to chocolate, herro to hello, borrsack to ballsa**, Rabia to Labi... okay enough. Good to know though.. Coz I'm PHO REAAALZ. I like your avatar btw. funneh as herr.

I doubt any changes will come swiftly. Kitamura Yoshinori (gravity ceo) has been responsible for the company for the past five years and since that time the stock price hasn't gone anywhere, still sitting at 1 dollar.  After a half decade of stagnation, there hasn't been any changes at the top.  In comparison,  Thorsten Heins (previous ceo to blackberry) was fired so fast after not producing growth his head was probably still spinning.  Kitamura Yoshinori must be a ninja of the highest calibre to be able to dodge lay off letters like a champ.  He must walk around with +10000 agi runes in his suit pockets every where he goes.

And Kitempura WithNori sounds like something you might find in a restaurant menu than a ninja CEO. Seriously, too much seriousness in a game. Take a hike or something. Better than waiting for something that most probably won't even come soon. Newsflash: Everyone needs to sleep, eat, work, pee, poo, and earn money. No money, no honey. No money, no RO2. Give them money, they still won't give us honey. Greed. It's everyone's sin

Edited by Strobe, 28 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#50 zJuliusx

zJuliusx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 666 posts
  • LocationFlorida!

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

what should be a rebirth is the armor for knights.

Shield*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users