Rebirth of Ro2 - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rebirth of Ro2

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#51 Cookiemonst3r

Cookiemonst3r

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

The original post, and many of the replies, seem to just be a rehashing of obvious issues. The terms outlined are nothing new, and nothing more than is demanded on the vast majority of bug report threads. This isn't news. The only interesting comments came from Vau, and that's just weird. 

What is the point of this post? To bring awareness to problems? We know. To tell the WP team their job? They know. To request "adhearance" to to quality standards? Pretty much asked for in every bug report. We want balance? Duh. Bring back raid/gear progression? Covered in lots of threads. New content? No kidding. Alternate sources of income? Totally been discussed.

The only thing I see on this post that makes it different from the plethora of WP maintained and community posted bug/content request posts is Pr3's offer to "personally organize" information and a suggestion that somehow he can do it better or more efficiently than the paid WP team. "It is common knowledge that numerous things int he game are unbalanced. WP team is aware of these unbalances, and has put effort into listening to the community for changes." So why is it mentioned here? Again, it just looks like a bit of circle jerking. The points you referred to as "common knowledge" and "self-explanatory" are so because they've been discussed so much. 

I appreciate the time it must have taken to recycle Klyde's images and write the suggestions, but have you considered that you might have better spent your time directing your ideas at the "several posts on the WP forums allocated" for ideas on class balances, bug fixes, and game suggestions? After all "organization... will help expedite fixes for bugs and balances". I guess a self-glorifying post in Community Chat works just as well.

+1 to OP for restating the obvious, though. 

Looks like we have a hater here.  Consolidation of data does what you stated:  "organization... will help expedite fixes for bugs and balances"  Was it obvious the American economy was heading into a recession? It was, would it have been helpful for someone to consolidate the data to prove the obvious? It would have been.  So in the end, bakeruii, Pr3 did you a favour now you owe her one.  So add that to the debt you've already accumulated.

#52 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

The Developers have reacted strongly to strong community backlash though. Plenty of times in the past it's been this way. 100 Strong Cape didn't deal with the entire community, but as examples the Founder title revision, Pet system concerns, No.99 Bomb, and Honing system all had extreme community reactions all over the iRO2 section. Pet system and No.99 Bomb are the two most popular representations of revisions and revocations undertaken by the Developers after much community backlash.

This thread and the posts in it is just one of many that's required to honestly shove the major problems into their faces. There are a lot of players, sadly, that don't consider a lot of things a priority when they should. These issues are a priority and people need to understand that they need to speak out and loudly to get something done about it.

Restating the obvious isn't pointless and it has its uses. Thanks for backing us up on the fact that player confidence on the Developers is at an all time low though.

#53 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

The fact that the developers made the choice to use iRO2 as the new home server without giving us a test server more than shows how little they care about us. Sure they listen to us when we riot about bad updates to the game (honing system and whatnot), but the fact remains that these unannounced updates continue to cripple the game like meteorites bashing the moon. A test server is more than just a test server, it's a safety barrier that helps keep damaging updates from reaching the server. They don't want our feedback until the damage is done and that's what pisses off a lot of people here. Our voices are trying so hard to protect the game but the developers and WP would rather oppress us and further damage the game we would love to see prosper and flourish.

We are not upset just because the game is broken, we're upset they're doing more to destroy it than improve it. If they truly wanted our feedback, then they should announce new updates IN DETAIL and give us a test server to evaluate those updates.

#54 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Looks like we have a hater here.  Consolidation of data does what you stated:  "organization... will help expedite fixes for bugs and balances"  Was it obvious the American economy was heading into a recession? It was, would it have been helpful for someone to consolidate the data to prove the obvious? It would have been.  So in the end, bakeruii, Pr3 did you a favour now you owe her one.  So add that to the debt you've already accumulated.

what really happens doe:

gravity_and_their_handling_of_ro2_player

#55 aznphoen1x

aznphoen1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:05 PM

Really nice proposals. The game does need to be changed, because right now all it offers is:

1. Get to lvl 50 and becone a master
  2. Get to ML 20 and get osiris gear

And that's boring. Not only is it boring, it doens't even take that long to do this. There is no sense of progression what so ever. All raid dungeons, which hold a lot of the progession feel in this game are simply being skipped. The raids are fun content, that you can do with your guild or friends. It's something to look forward to when you lvl your character to lvl 50. Now what do players have to look forward to? Desert grinding? No one enjoys that as much as they would enjoy doing raids(if they enjoy the grinding at all ahah). Sometimes I just to raids with my guild for the hell of it, just because it's such fun content to do.

So what ruined the raids? The master gear did. Why spend ages on getting good dungeon armor if you can get better stuff by spending 5 minutes in the dayr desert? What I think should be done is lock master lvls and the dayr desert untill players have finished the chaos dungeon (like maybe add some sort of quest that needs to be done in the chaos dungeon). This would make raids useful again since you need to progress through each raid dungeon before you can do chaos. This would also make raid gear more useful again, since you'd want better gear to be able to survive better in the next raid dungeon. And all this raiding will take up the players' time, so that they can put more hours into this game (instead of skipping straight to the dayr desert and getting bored after playing like 1 or 2 weeks), it will give players fun content to do and will add to that sense of progression. It will also make reaching master lvl 1 feel much more rewarding than it is now. Like, you've put all that hard work into progessing through each raid and FINALLY the day has come where you reach master lvl 1. Awesome! Right now it's just like: Ohh... reached master lvl 1 huh?

I also think character customization needs to be changed. Idk about the other players, but I hate paying for a box that contains random fashion WITH a time limit. Why not add each costume seperatly to the shop so that players can choose what costume they want and pay for that. I don't think anyone enjoys gambling to get their much wanted costume. And remove the time limit on fashion items, it feels like we have to rent costumes on top of getting something totally random. As for other customization options, maybe add some premium hairstyles, premium faces. You could call it a "Make-over coupon" that takes you to some sort of character creation screen, but with more customization options as the normal character creation screen.

I hope my opinion made sense a little and I really hope we can all improve RO2. I love this game <3

#56 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Damage is already done.

Waiting for their 1st quarter report! :0

#57 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Really nice proposals. The game does need to be changed, because right now all it offers is:

And that's boring. Not only is it boring, it doens't even take that long to do this. There is no sense of progression what so ever. All raid dungeons, which hold a lot of the progession feel in this game are simply being skipped. The raids are fun content, that you can do with your guild or friends. It's something to look forward to when you lvl your character to lvl 50. Now what do players have to look forward to? Desert grinding? No one enjoys that as much as they would enjoy doing raids(if they enjoy the grinding at all ahah). Sometimes I just to raids with my guild for the hell of it, just because it's such fun content to do.

So what ruined the raids? The master gear did. Why spend ages on getting good dungeon armor if you can get better stuff by spending 5 minutes in the dayr desert? What I think should be done is lock master lvls and the dayr desert untill players have finished the chaos dungeon (like maybe add some sort of quest that needs to be done in the chaos dungeon). This would make raids useful again since you need to progress through each raid dungeon before you can do chaos. This would also make raid gear more useful again, since you'd want better gear to be able to survive better in the next raid dungeon. And all this raiding will take up the players' time, so that they can put more hours into this game (instead of skipping straight to the dayr desert and getting bored after playing like 1 or 2 weeks), it will give players fun content to do and will add to that sense of progression. It will also make reaching master lvl 1 feel much more rewarding than it is now. Like, you've put all that hard work into progessing through each raid and FINALLY the day has come where you reach master lvl 1. Awesome! Right now it's just like: Ohh... reached master lvl 1 huh?

I also think character customization needs to be changed. Idk about the other players, but I hate paying for a box that contains random fashion WITH a time limit. Why not add each costume seperatly to the shop so that players can choose what costume they want and pay for that. I don't think anyone enjoys gambling to get their much wanted costume. And remove the time limit on fashion items, it feels like we have to rent costumes on top of getting something totally random. As for other customization options, maybe add some premium hairstyles, premium faces. You could call it a "Make-over coupon" that takes you to some sort of character creation screen, but with more customization options as the normal character creation screen.

I hope my opinion made sense a little and I really hope we can all improve RO2. I love this game <3

So what will they do about people who are already ml20 and have done no raids whatsoever, because I know quite a few players that have done that? Or is this only going to apply to the unsuspecting few that start playing this game soon?

Edited by Baddiez, 28 February 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#58 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Raiding system could be modified or eliminated.

#59 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

So what will do they about people who are already ml20 and have done no raids whatsoever, because I know quite a few players that have done that? Or is this only going to apply to the unsuspecting few that start playing this game soon?

On that goal, having DWF require both an Osiris drop and a Chaos drop would fix any content skipping post RHD. At least, if the raid tier needed such, that would fit. Though... I still think that could bite us in the end...

#60 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRussell Springs, KY

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

+1 :no1:

#61 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

The old progression wasn't exactly perfect either, y'know. Igoring the bugged adds right now..

RM is a tough fight, though from what I've read, quite rewarded.. for a serious, organized raid group. PUGs weren't expected to beat him, and then in the end, people just figured out how to bug it and do it that way. Ditto for AoD.. you PUG it, good luck finding a legit run, and good luck beating it if you do.

Then what if you're in a small/casual guild? No hope to ever pass it within guild. Going out of guild has the problems mentioned above, plus if you're an undesirable class.. ha. Argument could be "well, Gravity needs to rebalance those raids, too".. but do you think they could even manage it?

I've played continuously since beta for entirely too much time per week, but with friends that do not have as much time to put in. And yet, I never once cleared even CoA N prior to AoV, because I refused to use Embus or exploits to get ahead (and it's not like I was missing too much in grinding for Chaos gear). If Master Levels were blocked out until Chaos is cleared? I'd walk away from the game and never look back. I shouldn't have to glitch the game or ditch my friends to gain access to a significant chunk of content.

#62 KayleePepper

KayleePepper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

So what ruined the raids? The master gear did. Why spend ages on getting good dungeon armor if you can get better stuff by spending 5 minutes in the dayr desert? What I think should be done is lock master lvls and the dayr desert untill players have finished the chaos dungeon (like maybe add some sort of quest that needs to be done in the chaos dungeon). 

+1  :no1:

#63 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

RM is a tough fight, though from what I've read, quite rewarded.. for a serious, organized raid group. PUGs weren't expected to beat him, and then in the end, people just figured out how to bug it and do it that way. Ditto for AoD.. you PUG it, good luck finding a legit run, and good luck beating it if you do.

Then what if you're in a small/casual guild? No hope to ever pass it within guild. Going out of guild has the problems mentioned above, plus if you're an undesirable class.. ha. Argument could be "well, Gravity needs to rebalance those raids, too".. but do you think they could even manage it?

Having been in two separate, casual guilds before I stopped playing and having completed both of these raids legit, this is a broad statement.

#64 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

Having been in two separate, casual guilds before I stopped playing and having completed both of these raids legit, this is a broad statement.

The small was intended to be a part of it. When you can barely get 10 geared members together for a raid..

#65 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

+1 Support.

tbh, the 1st thing comes to my mind that i wanna do to dev when thinking back all the bad stuff i've been through:-

photo-78993.jpg

#66 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

xD won't happen

ill just leave this here.

#67 Amasaki

Amasaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:21 AM

Step it up.

The fact that you guys release a chunk of new content without actually testing it out all of this produced so many negative comments throughout the forums. You guys are breaking the game EVEN MORE. Before Advent of Valkyrie was released, I dare say the game was in a much more stable condition as it is now. It just seems as if you guys only see to find ways to milk people's pocket dry.

Sure you guys must be listening to people's requests for rebalance on skills/class, bug fixes, new content, etc. But you aren't taking your job seriously. It seems like all of the new content puts the WHOLE COMMUNITY as your guinea pigs and have us dish out all the bugs when you don't try to help out your playerbase as much. One thing I am not sure but it seems like you guys don't even play your game to find out what needs to be changed.

If you don't want to lose your players, do something about the game instead of sitting in your office chair and spinning around and laughing at your players. I am sure there are players that have been here since Day 1 and hung onto that rope until this day. I commend you guys for your perseverance.

But seriously Gravity, get your sh*t together.

http://forums.warppo...y/#entry1634617

I'll leave this here.

#68 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

http://forums.warppo...y/#entry1634617

I'll leave this here.

Amasaki <3 :( Where have you been Q_Q

#69 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

Let's face it: Nothing is going to change. It's been too long, too much yelling, and too much of Gravity not delivering. Either Gravity doesn't care or they can't fix it. It's as simple as that.

As much as I initially liked this game, there eventually comes a point when you realize it's just broken beyond repair either because of too many bugs or just not enough quality work from the company. I have to say I met an awesome group of friends because of this game, but that doesn't mean you can't play other games together whatever everyone ends up agreeing to play. I think what I initially liked about this game is that it was VERY team based and there was a lot of pressure to have to work together but once AOV came and we just ended up with so many more bugs and no explanations my hope that this game would ever turn around just died. It seems now that I check back again nothing is working still and the only reason I check back every once in a while is because of that group of friends.

Time to give up guys. Gravity never placed any real effort into making this a quality game in the first place. They wanted to make money fast and as much as possible and that's clearly their only intent. Too bad they didn't realize if they had at least made the game simply bug free a lot of people would have stayed. But that's over now. There's so many bugs in this game people don't even know what's supposed to be and what isn't. And it's STILL like this from day one. Just the idea of logging into this game makes me so sad and disappointed because it just didn't have to be this way. Time to jump ship and save your sanity folks.

#70 Doraemonn

Doraemonn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

A different cash shop for costume only!

#71 aznphoen1x

aznphoen1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

So what will they do about people who are already ml20 and have done no raids whatsoever, because I know quite a few players that have done that? Or is this only going to apply to the unsuspecting few that start playing this game soon?

I don't really have any ideas for people who already reached ML 20, but I'm sure new content is on the way ^^
I'd say the ML 20 people can join their lower lvl guildmates in the raids and help them out a little. Raiding with your guild is always fun. AoD H is a pretty tough raid too, so I'm sure the lower lvls could use a hand in it. Do you have any ideas for ML 20 players? ^^

My suggestion was just to keep people from reaching ML 20 too fast, skipping hours worth of content and getting bored after 2 weeks. And my suggestion would apply to players lvl 50 and below. Those who are master levels already would keep their master levels, their master gear and the dayr desert unlocked.

#72 aznphoen1x

aznphoen1x

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

The old progression wasn't exactly perfect either, y'know. Igoring the bugged adds right now..

I've played continuously since beta for entirely too much time per week, but with friends that do not have as much time to put in. And yet, I never once cleared even CoA N prior to AoV, because I refused to use Embus or exploits to get ahead (and it's not like I was missing too much in grinding for Chaos gear). If Master Levels were blocked out until Chaos is cleared? I'd walk away from the game and never look back. I shouldn't have to glitch the game or ditch my friends to gain access to a significant chunk of content.

I've cleared coa H without master gear with a group of random people many many times. It's not impossible. So no need to ditch your friends/guild just to get past the raids. AoD H on the other hand is quite impossible because of maya, so I'd say maya's difficulty would need to be adjusted a little bit. Idk raids prior to AoV, simply because I never reached raids when the game was still pre-AoV, so I can't comment on that. With the way the game is now, you can get past pve arena H, bapho H, coa H without master gear and without exploiting. And yeah, aod H will need a little adjustment. But yeah, any raid related bug does need to be fixed as well.

I just think skipping all this content is such a waste. There's so many hours of playtime lost because of this. And also, you miss out on all the raiding fun. I had so much fun doing those raids and I hate to tell new players to just skip all that, because there's no need for it anymore.

Could you tell me why you wouldn't like to see master lvls locked untill chaos is cleared? Obviously those who have reached ML already wouldn't get reverted back and forced to do chaos or anything. Only new characters and players would have to go through all the raids. Let me know what you think ^^

Edited by aznphoen1x, 01 March 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#73 Amasaki

Amasaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Amasaki <3 :( Where have you been Q_Q

slaving for Pr3.

everywhere :>

Edited by Amasaki, 01 March 2014 - 12:40 PM.

#74 1214681284

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Locationcanada
  • Server:odin

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

AOV is a really good update imo :P it's not too late guys I have a suggestion that will benefit past players who already spent their precious times getting to MASTER LEVELS.

I suggest the DEVS to make a duration where everyone can go master levels say... Until next patch update and after that ENFORCE aka IMPLEMENT a condition where all new upcoming lvl50 players must finish all dungeon quest COA, Baphomet ETC before they can proceed to MASTER LEVELS.

No it's not too late XD... So you better get all your characters to that freakin MASTER LEVELS before the next patch update... After that they have a prerequisites muahahaha... Sounds good to the new players right? XD.

No it's not too late just let it go guys...I dnt regret not having the mayor plumberge title before and if the old players complain too much I complain too why new players like me dnt get a chance to have a Mayor plumberge title.

Edited by 1214681284, 01 March 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#75 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

I've cleared coa H without master gear with a group of random people many many times. It's not impossible. So no need to ditch your friends/guild just to get past the raids. AoD H on the other hand is quite impossible because of maya, so I'd say maya's difficulty would need to be adjusted a little bit. Idk raids prior to AoV, simply because I never reached raids when the game was still pre-AoV, so I can't comment on that. With the way the game is now, you can get past pve arena H, bapho H, coa H without master gear and without exploiting. And yeah, aod H will need a little adjustment. But yeah, any raid related bug does need to be fixed as well.

I just think skipping all this content is such a waste. There's so many hours of playtime lost because of this. And also, you miss out on all the raiding fun. I had so much fun doing those raids and I hate to tell new players to just skip all that, because there's no need for it anymore.

Could you tell me why you wouldn't like to see master lvls locked untill chaos is cleared? Obviously those who have reached ML already wouldn't get reverted back and forced to do chaos or anything. Only new characters and players would have to go through all the raids. Let me know what you think ^^

I guess now with hit/dodge rate and everything so messed up, maybe it isn't as big of an issue. If they fix that though? Then again, considering the add situation, I'm doubtful they will fix anything.

..and, right after update, I unlocked Chaos on one of my characters, which involved entirely too many runs of RM H (do 11 per all chars? nope, not happening), and we took along PUGs that wanted to bug it. I imagine public raids would still be at risk of doing it.

With the current state of things, all these bugs, mechanics changes, etc, IMO raids lost a lot of their fun. And if those raids have no incentive for already ML people, it will be just like the dungeon situation.. good luck getting a party together, because the people who got past it will rarely want to back track. At least with the dungeons, you could still get some quests without clearing them..

I'd rather have the older raids give some kind of meaningful perk to ML than see them an absolute requirement to get to ML.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users