Connection trouble - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Connection trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:14 AM

This isn't a client error, and I'm not sure a GM can really help fix this, but maybe someone else is having (or has had) this problem and can shed light on what's causing it.

Since this morning I have been unable to connect to the game's website or enter any of the Morroc maps on the Classic server (no idea about renewal).

Errors received when I try either:

Entering Morroc maps - "Failed to connect to server"

Website: The connection has timed out The server at www.playragnarok.com is taking too long to respond.

I've already ruled out it being account related, and if it was I would still be able to go to the website anyway... Things I've tried so far are restarting my computer, resetting the router, and just plain waiting it out. The issue doesn't seem to be going away, but I'll admit I only noticed it first 6 hours ago. I do have virus protection (Microsoft Security Essentials), but currently no firewall that could be blocking it.

To add, I can play characters just fine, but can't log into the ones (on the same account) that are in Morroc or the desert maps. It seems like those specific servers are being blocked somehow.

Any advice on what to try next to fix this will be appreciated.

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

The cause of the problem is almost certainly a network fault that is outside of your control. Unfortunately, your only option is to wait until it's fixed.

#3 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

You were right. The website just started working again and I can connect to my knight in Morroc finally.

This thread can be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users