#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Hello, Rangers!

We will be gathering the nominations for the Ranger Volunteer Class Representative here.

If you wish to nominate yourself, please use the following form:

Character name:

Play style: (Example: PvE Raids, PvP Colosseum, Crafting, etc. List any and all that apply)

Top 3 reasons I should be VCR:

What future do you want for your class:

#2 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

I think electing 1 or a few players to voice the concerns of the community regarding any specific class is going to result in a disaster. If I chose to nominate myself for the ranger class for example I would want the traps to be removed as they are virtually useless because only idiots stand on them especially the frost trap which is kinda useless, but other people may want them to get buffed or changed instead of removed. Another example would be the usefulness of falcons quite a few rangers are completely against using falcons which I don't understand IMO remove Vulcan arrow and buff falcons more, but a lot of people would not agree with that.

Edited by Baddiez, 03 March 2014 - 02:36 PM.

#3 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

I think electing 1 or a few players to voice the concerns of the community regarding any specific class is going to result in a disaster. If I chose to nominate myself for the ranger class for example I would want the traps to be removed as they are virtually useless because only idiots stand on them especially the frost trap which is kinda useless, but other people may want them to get buffed or changed instead of removed. Another example would be the usefulness of falcons quite a few rangers are completely against using falcons which I don't understand IMO remove Vulcan arrow and buff falcons more, but a lot of people would not agree with that.

I think the idea is try to take a consensus of rangers online and get a feeling for what they think the overall fallacies are with our class as a whole.  Your example of traps, they work well on mobs for the most part.  I use my trap to grab the large guardian in WoE all the time.  I also drop traps during WoE times, it's such a hectic battle in there some one always runs over it.  It's not super effective by any means, perhaps instead of changing the cool down time as you progress your trap skill, they could increase duration of trap.  I myself would prefer that instead of decreased cool down.  Your other example of falcons and Vulcan Arrow, I've been experimenting with them lately and they both seem to be effective.  Falcons I've seen hit upwards of 9k on a critical attack.  Vulcan arrow the description is wrong, it fires 5 shots instead of one large attack, each of the 5 shots can have a different effect (ex. 3/5 shots can be critical while the other 2 are normal attack).  Now I've set my Vulcan Arrow to 5/10 and I can hit 46k critical shots when all totaled together, this can potentially be our "kill shot" or finishing move.

The only bug that I truly see on our class is using the backflip skill during battle will result in endless backflip that you are unable to escape from.

I'm going to nominate myself at this time -

Character name: flukeSG2

Play style: PvP, PvE, Alchemist, I do anything that the game allows me to do.

Top 3 reasons I should be VCR:  I play an average of 10 hours a day, I'm very versed in what rangers can do, have done and should do.

What future do you want for your class:  I feel after the last few large updates the rangers have been left alone, while other classes have been tweaked and made stronger.  I'd like our class to be a bit more viable again.

#4 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

I think the idea is try to take a consensus of rangers online and get a feeling for what they think the overall fallacies are with our class as a whole.  Your example of traps, they work well on mobs for the most part.  I use my trap to grab the large guardian in WoE all the time.  I also drop traps during WoE times, it's such a hectic battle in there some one always runs over it.  It's not super effective by any means, perhaps instead of changing the cool down time as you progress your trap skill, they could increase duration of trap.  I myself would prefer that instead of decreased cool down.  Your other example of falcons and Vulcan Arrow, I've been experimenting with them lately and they both seem to be effective.  Falcons I've seen hit upwards of 9k on a critical attack.  Vulcan arrow the description is wrong, it fires 5 shots instead of one large attack, each of the 5 shots can have a different effect (ex. 3/5 shots can be critical while the other 2 are normal attack).  Now I've set my Vulcan Arrow to 5/10 and I can hit 46k critical shots when all totaled together, this can potentially be our "kill shot" or finishing move.

The only bug that I truly see on our class is using the backflip skill during battle will result in endless backflip that you are unable to escape from.

I'm going to nominate myself at this time -

Character name: flukeSG2

Play style: PvP, PvE, Alchemist, I do anything that the game allows me to do.

Top 3 reasons I should be VCR:  I play an average of 10 hours a day, I'm very versed in what rangers can do, have done and should do.

What future do you want for your class:  I feel after the last few large updates the rangers have been left alone, while other classes have been tweaked and made stronger.  I'd like our class to be a bit more viable again.

To be more specific every VCR will be biased towards their specific play style whether they try to or not although this may seem like a good suggestion I for one am against it especially if we are not allowed to express why we think x person should NOT be nominated also in the same thread.

#5 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

like most people already know, Rangers are already OP, no need to be changed aside from the skill fixes like  Arrow Vulcan and the Dots for Poison Arrow, if you try to tweak more on rangers and make them slightly  more OP people will QQ so much faster than you can say "Rangers are OP", im already  done with the pm's saying rangers take no skill to play. this is a super bad idea

Edited by Keiven, 03 March 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Character name: StormHaven 

Play style: PvE Farming,PvE Raids, PvP Colosseum, PvP WoE 

1.I have experience with Ranger classes in both PvE and PvP settings.(I have comepleted all PvE content up-to-date and participate in Colo 2-3 times day) 2.I give unbiased feedback from all directions 
3.I'm active and can reliable provide weekly feedbacks 
Bonus 4. I don't get stuck at 12:00 and keep flashing. 

What future do you want for your class: I want rangers to be a versatile class that has the option of playing heavy hitting long ranged or mobile skirmishers while keeping them in check to be useful and balanced in both PvE and PvP settings.

#7 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

To be more specific every VCR will be biased towards their specific play style whether they try to or not although this may seem like a good suggestion I for one am against it especially if we are not allowed to express why we think x person should NOT be nominated also in the same thread.

I agree with this statement. Having a rep for a class seems disastrous. I don't think anyone is qualified to represent me, nor do I feel qualified to represent others.

#8 foxxxtrot

foxxxtrot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

For one, My game play is not the same with the game play of others.
The opinion of the volunteer will always be biased towards him, favoring his game play and not the entire class community at all.

1. we all have different equipment.

2. different stats and skill tree build up

3. Game play of 1 class will always never be the same

Also it would be difficult for the volunteer in the long run. why? what if the changes are made and not most are happy about the result? Who will the players blame first? the VCR.

I suggest, you create a test team, a focus group  of 5 each class and make another private server and let them play there.

A proper test team is needed and not a VCR with biased opinion.

#9 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

This already contains some of my  thougths of an election/Reputation. The endless dicussion, Rangers are OP are Bs*..  

The average Ranger ? I think NO. Only 10% (?) with  nearly infinity Cash are OP. Not every Ranger has Osiris-Stuff on Lv +20, not every Ranger have the ultimate Card-Set nor the 3-slottet Costume  or all possible Slots filled with +10 Runes. Keep this please in mind, before u say, Ranger are OP !

We have 2 Ranger in our Guild, wich are 'average' ... when killing bosses, a look on the thred-meter is very interesting --> outdamaged by Warrior / Assassin / Sorc !! because the have no Runes / Costum / + Refine-Stats. They PLAY for FUN not PAY for WIN.

And what brotherwolf statet here :

< I don't think anyone is qualified to represent me, nor do i feel qualified to represent others >

is the only true Statement in the whole threat intil now :-)

Pse. excuse writing Errors, cause english isn't my native language.

Have a nice day, folks

#10 foxxxtrot

foxxxtrot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Character name: StormHaven 

I want rangers to be a versatile class that has the option of playing heavy hitting long ranged or mobile skirmishers while keeping them in check to be useful and balanced in both PvE and PvP settings.

Dude.... HEAVY HITTING LONG RANGED OR MOBILE SKIRMISHERS ARE WHAT RANGERS ARE MADE OF~!!

COME ON~!!!  Seriously!?

*shakes head* we're doomed!!

#11 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

This already contains some of my  thougths of an election/Reputation. The endless dicussion, Rangers are OP are Bs*..  

The average Ranger ? I think NO. Only 10% (?) with  nearly infinity Cash are OP. Not every Ranger has Osiris-Stuff on Lv +20, not every Ranger have the ultimate Card-Set nor the 3-slottet Costume  or all possible Slots filled with +10 Runes. Keep this please in mind, before u say, Ranger are OP !

We have 2 Ranger in our Guild, wich are 'average' ... when killing bosses, a look on the thred-meter is very interesting --> outdamaged by Warrior / Assassin / Sorc !! because the have no Runes / Costum / + Refine-Stats. They PLAY for FUN not PAY for WIN.

And what brotherwolf statet here :

< I don't think anyone is qualified to represent me, nor do i feel qualified to represent others >

is the only true Statement in the whole threat intil now :-)

Pse. excuse writing Errors, cause english isn't my native language.

Have a nice day, folks

yeah i agree on that, but people will keep saying Rangers are OP, sometimes as a Ranger i don't even feel like complaining because people jump right ahead and tell this BS rangers are OP crap, it's like i don't even have the right  to complain just because i play ranger.. but mean while Wars,BM,Sins one shot me

#12 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

yeah i agree on that, but people will keep saying Rangers are OP, sometimes as a Ranger i don't even feel like complaining because people jump right ahead and tell this BS rangers are OP crap, it's like i don't even have the right  to complain just because i play ranger.. but mean while Wars,BM,Sins one shot me

Having played a sorc BEFORE ml and AoV, I remember very well how so many threads would pop up every week about "banning sorcs in colo" and "sorcs are too op, please nerf". Meanwhile we had priests getting to last rounds because noone ever bothered taking them down on first rounds; they were busy hitting on the weaker, less of a threat, targets. If people were smart they could do anything with their class. And this was before AoV. And not every single sorc was "zomg so op". We had rangers being too op during multishot/wedge spammage, and devs nerfed that super fast ALONG with pretty much the rest of rangers' skillset (not to mention falcons being broken for a long while forcing people to reset builds). Now we have had other classes being super buffed up, oneshotting people almost without effort, outthreating better geared players, and I have yet to see people raging at them as much as people raged about rangers multishot spam. When someone complains, others come up with excuses as to why its fine if those classes are oneshotting now.

Whoever says "rangers are fine" or "too op" right now is someone who either loses too often to them, has no idea about the class, or plays an extremely fully stacked p2w ranger who has nothing to fear due to not having big enemies.

Rangers arent "on the shortest end of the stick", sure (we have classes suffering more) but they DO need to be rebalanced asap and taken out of this huge overall nerf from some patches ago, which seemed more like a nerf born out of panic because of multishot spam drama rather than a well-thought fix  for their mistake.

Edit= Not all ranger players have agreed and/or made a ranger for the sake of the multishot spammage back when it was insanely op. In fact, some of us have refused to play in such unfair conditions, or simply did not make use of the broken skill, to keep it a real challenge. It does anger me when I see people making it look like any ranger has no right to complain at all; we have as much rights to ask fixes for our class as anyone else playing the game.

Edited by TifaValentine, 04 March 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#13 LaraArmstrong

LaraArmstrong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Character name: LaraArmstrong

Play style:  PvE Raids, PvP Colosseum, Guild Leader. 

1. Ranger has been my main class since I started playing the game last May. It is still my main. (I am F2P)
  2. I know how all the skills work and which work best together.
  3. I am not biased towards the class as I also have a Beastmaster and know the difference between the two archer classes. 

What future do you want for your class: For the skills to be balanced together again like they use to be as some are seriously over powered and some are now stupidly weak, such as poison arrow. For the class to be a pure DPS again and not a OP tank which can sometimes be achieved. 

Question about the position: Would you be allowed certain time off from giving reports each week for occasions such as holidays and exam period? Also would it matter if you were in the completely the wrong time zone, for example I am in England.

Edited by LaraArmstrong, 05 March 2014 - 02:32 AM.

#14 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

I would like to suggest a skill test be added to the ranger vcr candidates. It's easy to say you have played a ranger since beta and know the skills. I know tons of rangers who could say that but few are the ones who can say: I''ve been playing ranger since May and understand each skill, but also when to apply each skill and how the application of said skill could affect the outcome of a PvP or pve encounter. I'm not saying they need to be godly and never lose at anything , but if they clearly outgear me yet I always out dps them or beat you in duels constantly, I definetly do not want you to represent the class that I love to play so much.

Edited by Baddiez, 04 March 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#15 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:38 PM

I would like to suggest a skill test be added to the ranger vcr candidates. It's easy to say you have played a ranger since beta and know the skills. I know tons of rangers who could say that but few are the ones who can say: I''ve been playing ranger since May and understand each skill, but also when to apply each skill and how the application of said skill could affect the outcome of a PvP or pve encounter. I'm not saying they need to be godly and never lose at anything , but if they clearly outgear me yet I always out dps them or beat you in duels constantly, I definetly do not want you to represent the class that I love to play so much.

you've been saying such wonderful things lately baddiez did you eat something good ?

#16 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

you've been saying such wonderful things lately baddiez did you eat something good ?

Milk.

#17 Turniper

Turniper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

Milk.

Did you know that Baddiez actually makes his own milk?

#18 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:34 AM

Did you know that Baddiez actually makes his own milk?

Power Milk for Power Rangers  - the new buff ?? ... where can i buy it ?? :-)) 

#19 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

Tifa provides NATURAL milk free of charge for me :) <3 I DO NOT SHARE :)

Back on topic Njoror said that expressing why one does not wish for a candidate that is nominating themselves to be elected as a VCR is allowed as long as I don't cause the vmods to have to assemble en mass <3

#20 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

Back on topic Njoror said that expressing why one does not wish for a candidate that is nominating themselves to be elected as a VCR is allowed as long as I don't cause the vmods to have to assemble en mass <3

Use your inside voice

#21 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Use your inside voice

:( BUT WE ARE NOT IN THE LIBRARY <3

#22 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

(Who said its free...?)

That kind of feedback would be best if made in private, tho. I know well how this kind of things can get so easily out of control and become a flame-fest and "he did this and that". 

#23 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Why would I privately tell someone who is publicly presenting themselves as someone capable of representing the countless people who play this class. That is absurd in my opinon I'm sorry ILY Tifa, but I could never agree to that.

#24 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

well atleast i don't get the "were doomed" feeling on our ranger thread, unlike *priest thread* cough* cough*

#25 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Character name:

brotherwolf

Play style:

• I like to shoot stuff

• I like to shoot stuff
  • I only play about one hour a day, 5 days a week, but I'm a quick learner. Today I learned how to fuse accessories. I only had to spend $50.00 to make a 2slot female horse head.
  • I'm pretty cool IRL

What future do you want for your class:

• I think ranger class is best class. Probably better to get rid of all other classes except maybe rogue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users