70 replies to this topic

#26 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:20 AM

I am voting for flukeSG2

I want my mega arrows ammunitions back.. our class is being deprived like the knights....

#27 5100130512201242360

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

Fluke and Baddiez p.s Tell the gf i said hi!

#28 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:39 AM

The only bug that I truly see on our class is using the backflip skill during battle will result in endless backflip that you are unable to escape from.

You forgot our DOTS, poison arrow, impact arrow and sharp shooting.  I find the values of these skills in the formula very very wrong.  It might have been affected when multi-shot got nerfed or whatever.. to the dev who did these maths, u do know 2 x 4 = 8 right? that's basic... u removed our 2k dots per 2seconds from our multi shot while the priests, crescentias, wizards and sorcerers gets their dots increased. how raci...i mean classist is this?

Impact arrow, lvl 10 does 70% movement speed decreased, the problem is, the information it shows in when applied is 40% even if its lvl 10. i experimented it on a guardian in woe and its walking towards me in 20m for 5-7secs enough to shoot a barrage of skills to put it down before it even reaches me. it doesnt affect some normal mobs ( regardless of bosses).

Sharp shooting lvl 6, this is one of the things that makes a ranger truly competitive with the other classes in imo. it should imply a good number of percentage to ignore a target's defense not just 3%..

#29 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Having played a sorc BEFORE ml and AoV, I remember very well how so many threads would pop up every week about "banning sorcs in colo" and "sorcs are too op, please nerf". Meanwhile we had priests getting to last rounds because noone ever bothered taking them down on first rounds; they were busy hitting on the weaker, less of a threat, targets. If people were smart they could do anything with their class. And this was before AoV. And not every single sorc was "zomg so op". We had rangers being too op during multishot/wedge spammage, and devs nerfed that super fast ALONG with pretty much the rest of rangers' skillset (not to mention falcons being broken for a long while forcing people to reset builds). Now we have had other classes being super buffed up, oneshotting people almost without effort, outthreating better geared players, and I have yet to see people raging at them as much as people raged about rangers multishot spam. When someone complains, others come up with excuses as to why its fine if those classes are oneshotting now.

Whoever says "rangers are fine" or "too op" right now is someone who either loses too often to them, has no idea about the class, or plays an extremely fully stacked p2w ranger who has nothing to fear due to not having big enemies.

Rangers arent "on the shortest end of the stick", sure (we have classes suffering more) but they DO need to be rebalanced asap and taken out of this huge overall nerf from some patches ago, which seemed more like a nerf born out of panic because of multishot spam drama rather than a well-thought fix  for their mistake.

Edit= Not all ranger players have agreed and/or made a ranger for the sake of the multishot spammage back when it was insanely op. In fact, some of us have refused to play in such unfair conditions, or simply did not make use of the broken skill, to keep it a real challenge. It does anger me when I see people making it look like any ranger has no right to complain at all; we have as much rights to ask fixes for our class as anyone else playing the game.

i just want to quote this cuz it almost made me cry...

TY tifa lotsa love for yah!

#30 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:27 AM

You forgot our DOTS, poison arrow, impact arrow and sharp shooting.  I find the values of these skills in the formula very very wrong.  It might have been affected when multi-shot got nerfed or whatever.. to the dev who did these maths, u do know 2 x 4 = 8 right? that's basic... u removed our 2k dots per 2seconds from our multi shot while the priests, crescentias, wizards and sorcerers gets their dots increased. how raci...i mean classist is this?

Impact arrow, lvl 10 does 70% movement speed decreased, the problem is, the information it shows in when applied is 40% even if its lvl 10. i experimented it on a guardian in woe and its walking towards me in 20m for 5-7secs enough to shoot a barrage of skills to put it down before it even reaches me. it doesnt affect some normal mobs ( regardless of bosses).

Sharp shooting lvl 6, this is one of the things that makes a ranger truly competitive with the other classes in imo. it should imply a good number of percentage to ignore a target's defense not just 3%..

Those aren't bugs exactly, except for Impact Arrow description possibly incorrect (also not that you mention that, vulcan arrow description is also incorrect now), but those are just nerfed skills that might have been taken back too much.

As far as the poison arrow goes, or multishot DoT's, personally I am fine with them.  We are not a magic class, we shouldn't have overwhelming DoT's.  The poison arrow is basically dps boost, by adding a little bit to our existing dps.  We also have a falcon that adds more dps to that as well.

That is my opinion of it and maybe you guys don't agree with it, but I think that is whole idea behind the vcr thing.  We bring our concerns of our class to the elected vcr, we talk it over and we decide what we all think would work best.  So we just need to discuss things together.

#31 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:24 AM

Rangers arent "on the shortest end of the stick", sure (we have classes suffering more) but they DO need to be rebalanced asap and taken out of this huge overall nerf from some patches ago, which seemed more like a nerf born out of panic because of multishot spam drama rather than a well-thought fix  for their mistake.

I have never felt like rangers have been nerfed beyond the changes to Poison Arrow and Multishot and that was to be expected.  Throughout that whole ordeal and then after wards, my damage to mobs has been consistent and increasing with my level increase.  However, in PvP regards, I do feel weaker.  I feel as if the other classes have been tinkered with.

#32 AlphaHex

AlphaHex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

Having played a sorc BEFORE ml and AoV, I remember very well how so many threads would pop up every week about "banning sorcs in colo" and "sorcs are too op, please nerf". Meanwhile we had priests getting to last rounds because noone ever bothered taking them down on first rounds; they were busy hitting on the weaker, less of a threat, targets. If people were smart they could do anything with their class. And this was before AoV. And not every single sorc was "zomg so op". We had rangers being too op during multishot/wedge spammage, and devs nerfed that super fast ALONG with pretty much the rest of rangers' skillset (not to mention falcons being broken for a long while forcing people to reset builds). Now we have had other classes being super buffed up, oneshotting people almost without effort, outthreating better geared players, and I have yet to see people raging at them as much as people raged about rangers multishot spam. When someone complains, others come up with excuses as to why its fine if those classes are oneshotting now.

Whoever says "rangers are fine" or "too op" right now is someone who either loses too often to them, has no idea about the class, or plays an extremely fully stacked p2w ranger who has nothing to fear due to not having big enemies.

Edit= Not all ranger players have agreed and/or made a ranger for the sake of the multishot spammage back when it was insanely op. In fact, some of us have refused to play in such unfair conditions, or simply did not make use of the broken skill, to keep it a real challenge. It does anger me when I see people making it look like any ranger has no right to complain at all; we have as much rights to ask fixes for our class as anyone else playing the game.

I totally agree with Tifa here, she should be a Ranger VCR too xD

I vote for Fluke and Baddiez, I would like to be one too but I feel too noob for the job, I played a ranger since I started to play in the seaRO2 server and is actually my only char and I seriously feel the need for a well done class balance, so guys please do the best you can

#33 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

As far as the poison arrow goes, or multishot DoT's, personally I am fine with them.  We are not a magic class, we shouldn't have overwhelming DoT's.  The poison arrow is basically dps boost, by adding a little bit to our existing dps.  We also have a falcon that adds more dps to that as well.

Falcons are iffy though, you're target has to standing still to even get most the hits in, also there's the whole Falcon's just not attacking targets at all. But at the end of the day Rangers are fine in PvE, but in PvP idk I just feel alot weaker now compared to pre AoV even though I have way better gear now.

I feel like most the "oomph" rangers feel like their missing is from the fact that since AoV Quiver's no longer give attack.

#34 Hikarii18

Hikarii18

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

well atleast i don't get the "were doomed" feeling on our ranger thread, unlike *priest thread* cough* cough*

my exact feeling lol

#35 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Falcons are iffy though, you're target has to standing still to even get most the hits in, also there's the whole Falcon's just not attacking targets at all. But at the end of the day Rangers are fine in PvE, but in PvP idk I just feel alot weaker now compared to pre AoV even though I have way better gear now.

I feel like most the "oomph" rangers feel like their missing is from the fact that since AoV Quiver's no longer give attack.

I feel EXACTLY the same way.  How much attack are we missing from quiver?

#36 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

I feel EXACTLY the same way.  How much attack are we missing from quiver?

well going into AoV i lost 300attack power from my T2 quiver so im guessing at Chaos/Osiris the quiver would give well over 500+ attack power at least, which is a huge chunk.

edit: I'm going to guess that the Osiris quiver should've had at least 400-500 min/max.

Edited by StormHaven, 06 March 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#37 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Fluke and Baddiez p.s Tell the gf i said hi!

Nah I'm not running bro :P and -_- YOU :D

#38 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

I totally agree with Tifa here, she should be a Ranger VCR too xD

I vote for Fluke and Baddiez, I would like to be one too but I feel too noob for the job, I played a ranger since I started to play in the seaRO2 server and is actually my only char and I seriously feel the need for a well done class balance, so guys please do the best you can

God No. I ain't applying for VCR xD

Whoever does become Ranger VCR, I'd just ask them to consider different perspectives and not just their own favourite alone. From the newly class-changed Ranger, to the ML20 one; from the full stacked on best of best gear/runes to the one slowly working on their way up; from the PVE-dedicated one to the PVP-fan one and one who likes both; from FA to VA and even the oddball builds. Everyone should enjoy rangers class the way they want and with what the class has to offer, and not a "it can only be played this way and nothing else". Anyone remember how people would often say that monks only really have one and only one possible build? That'd be sad if it happens for rangers due to selfish and close-minded feedback given.

Guys, I trust you love our class as much as I do, and even if I may not agree with all of your opinions, I do hope whoever gets chosen for this listens to us normal players feedback too. 

We're freaking snipers, darnit D: Let's headshot ppls! <3

(also, pls give rangers wolf pet *-* )

Edit= Stormy and Baddiez for VCR <33 

Edited by TifaValentine, 06 March 2014 - 07:26 PM.

#39 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

I think poison arrow is a skill fitting for our class logically and strategically. Why should we not get a dot just because we can do good burst. Why is this balanced now with us not having a dot and everyone else having OP dots(i know not everyone does). Poison arrow was a fun skill to have pre-aov it did decent damage and wasn't too op. Now a freaking boa can out damage my poison arrow if anything it's become a skill i don't even use anymore lol 300-500 damage... rofl.. auto attacks do more than that.

#40 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

wait i just had a good idea!! thank tifa! we should have 2 vcr! one for PVE and one for PVP? no no?

#41 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

I think poison arrow is a skill fitting for our class logically and strategically. Why should we not get a dot just because we can do good burst. Why is this balanced now with us not having a dot and everyone else having OP dots(i know not everyone does). Poison arrow was a fun skill to have pre-aov it did decent damage and wasn't too op. Now a freaking boa can out damage my poison arrow if anything it's become a skill i don't even use anymore lol 300-500 damage... rofl.. auto attacks do more than that.

What damage number do you think would be appropriate?  Would 600-1200 be good?  If we go much higher we turn Poison Arrow into our potential kills shot, which that is fine, but would not everyone agree Vulcan Arrow was made with the intent to be our killing blow of an attack?  Even if it doesn't work much to our advantage in PvP scenarios?  I mean just for the sake of balance, we don't want to OP our selves and have other classes rage at us, even though that's a fear I have of other classes doing themselves.

well going into AoV i lost 300attack power from my T2 quiver so im guessing at Chaos/Osiris the quiver would give well over 500+ attack power at least, which is a huge chunk.

edit: I'm going to guess that the Osiris quiver should've had at least 400-500 min/max.

Hey, I looked at my T2 quiver I don't see any att power stats on it, where are you seeing the difference?  Just from everyday use?

Also, whoever gets the VCR, why don't we start listing here things we like and don't like already, things we thing need address.

So lets say...

1. Poison Arrow DoT improved

2. Vulcan Arrow allowed to fire while moving.

3. Falcon not attacking mobs or players (rework to 1 attack chance hit?).

4. Vulcan Arrow Description corrected or attack changed to match description.

5. Attack power to be added to Osi quiver and further quivers.

6. Impact Arrow description fixed to reflect actual %'s.

7. Sharp Shooting %(?) increased.

8. Back flip/Acrobat bug, gets stuck in endless flip sometimes.

Comment or add more to the list for whoever gets it.

Edited by flukeSG2, 08 March 2014 - 09:04 AM.

#42 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:10 AM

What damage number do you think would be appropriate?  Would 600-1200 be good?  If we go much higher we turn Poison Arrow into our potential kills shot, which that is fine, but would not everyone agree Vulcan Arrow was made with the intent to be our killing blow of an attack?  Even if it doesn't work much to our advantage in PvP scenarios?  I mean just for the sake of balance, we don't want to OP our selves and have other classes rage at us, even though that's a fear I have of other classes doing themselves.

Hey, I looked at my T2 quiver I don't see any att power stats on it, where are you seeing the difference?  Just from everyday use?

Also, whoever gets the VCR, why don't we start listing here things we like and don't like already, things we thing need address.

So lets say...

1. Poison Arrow DoT improved

2. Vulcan Arrow Description corrected or attack changed to match description.

3. Attack power to be added to Osi quiver and further quivers.

4. Impact Arrow description fixed to reflect actual %'s.

5. Sharp Shooting % increased.

Comment or add more to the list for whoever gets it.

Pre AoV i had 3000 attack power, post AoV I had 2700 the only difference was my T2 quiver losing it's attack power.

For the list improving(as in fixing it's stupid not attacking issues and making it so it can attack while flying)  or reworking  Falcon would help a lot also.

Being that our class is set it to inflict constant damage it's extremely easy to push us over the top but also to make us feel lackluster. I've noticed because of that we see a huge increase in damage output from even the slightest improvement( as such with refining). Personally I think just fixing Poison arrow at the moment to at least match pre AoV levels would be more than enough and correcting Impact Arrow so that it actually does what it says (The only difference between 6/10 and 10/10 atm is damage, it's not giving 15conc or a 75% slow at 10/10)

Edited by StormHaven, 07 March 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#43 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

I give up. The reason I was against VCR is starting to happen G_G.

#44 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

Pre AoV i had 3000 attack power, post AoV I had 2700 the only difference was my T2 quiver losing it's attack power.

For the list improving(as in fixing it's stupid not attacking issues and making it so it can attack while flying)  or reworking  Falcon would help a lot also.

Added that to the list.  I remembered I said the endless backflip...but I haven't had that problem in a while now, anyone else get it anymore?

I'd also agree with just fixing the poison arrow too.  There are going to be a lot of wants and don't wants, but it's all got to be taken in consideration are we going to make the ranger class too OP again.  I just want it to be even with the other classes.

Edited by flukeSG2, 07 March 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#45 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

I give up. The reason I was against VCR is starting to happen G_G.

I must be missing what you are talking about.  I think having an open thread like this is better than having a vcr.  Everyone can talk about it and we can compile a list of common issues.

#46 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:21 AM

Added that to the list.  I remembered I said the endless backflip...but I haven't had that problem in a while now, anyone else get it anymore?

I got it yesterday during WoE, but thats the only time i've ever gotten it.

#47 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:52 AM

Got it today ~ 02:30 ( 12:30 MEZ) in osiris tomb, only relogging helped :-(

#48 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:28 AM

why is ranger's forum like this..

#49 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:30 AM

What do you mean?

#50 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

I've decided to stop being a negative -_- and volunteer myself for whoever ends up getting the position. Although I do not have enough time to actually apply for the position itself if there is anything I can do to help just let me know. BUT I STILL -_- HATE ARROW VULCAN. I think as a class based on range, mobility and quick bursty damage that a skill that roots you in place is not an adequate finisher. Why should we forfeit our mobility and sit there to cast a finisher. Imagine if a warrior had to remove all of their armour to rage strike(Ithink that is there finisher idk whichever one wrecks my face when it connects) or if every time a sorc was about to 1 shot you they had a no healing debuff seconds prior.

Edited by Baddiez, 07 March 2014 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users