A great warning to you all guys who hasnt been lvl 20! - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A great warning to you all guys who hasnt been lvl 20!

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#1 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:19 AM

We dont want u to experience the same as us, but i think soon u will get this patch as well. Now the guinea pig treat has been credited back to SEA server, now we get honing system but the worst of all is the "rebalance mob" issue. Believe it or not, better to rush ur char to lvl 20 then u regret later in case the patch has been implemented here.
Let me give u a little preview:
All mobs are still giving the same exp (muka 2 exp, dayr mobs 4 exp, mummy 9 exp), BUT
1. Muka HP has been increased to 26k hp with decent increase on def (that makes u like hitting muka without element here when u use destruction weapon against muka).
2. Temple in mobs now having 60k hp and doubled attack (barely just the same as mummy here).
3. And... Guess what? Mummy have 135k hp, can crit my tank for 1k damage, and the bosses inside have 6 million HP. While the dungeon content is becoming challenging due to this "rebalance", its unfair to those who visit the tomb lately compared to those who have visited the tomb many times before and also makes gaining osi gears more painful.

So, stop slacking, get to ML 20 fast, inb4 u get trouble to progress with the so called "rebalance" which i think more imbalance.
Thank you.

#2 Meriayl

Meriayl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

redirected from a frustrated SEA gamer: http://forums.playpa...-and-boss-dayr/

#3 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:39 AM

So they finally got the honing patch...RIP

Edited by jdmtouch, 06 March 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#4 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

Wow. At this rate I'll be ml 20 in 2024.

#5 7657130507012220560

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Wow. At this rate I'll be ml 20 in 2024.

if the game makes it halfway out of 2014 ;)

#6 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Let me guess...

Old raids and mobs weren't part of the "rebalance" 

-_-that.jpg

#7 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

I assume this is what Heim referred to when, in one of his recent posts, he said mobs in ML areas would soon "go back to their original difficulty, which was lowered upon AoV update so that people without ML gear,etc could catch up to it and adapt" (something along these lines).

If they increase mobs stats as much as that post says, then thats just gonna make the endgame an even slower and more boring grindfest, which will just scare people away from the game. I mean..really? trash mobs with so much hp? bosses are already tedious to kill with 3mil hp and so; sure, theyre not a "challenge" right now...but more hp=/=challenge. Devs need to understand that making things more tedious/boring/long its NOT what people consider challenge. And a boss with 6mil+ hp but broken/boring/dull attacks and abilities is just as boring as grinding forever. I rather have a boss with lower hp but lots of mechanics to learn and deadly aoes and stuff. Why? because it keeps your mind active, it makes you think, react, require a team, learn, etc. And I dont mean have a boss both with millions of hp AND tricky mechanics; its one or the other.

I've played other mmos where wild mobs were smarter, you had to dodge and counter them manually, had to think of their weakness and this weakpoint would make the difference between a smart player and a strong but derp player. You could have a lv97 full top geared with best buffs and maxmodded weapon attacking a random mob in a mid-lvl dungeon...and DIE at it because this player forgot to switch to the right element weapon or because he didnt care to heal a debuff, or because they hit said mob with an element that the mob reflects. This made you think carefully, be smarter, and still mobs werent op or had huge chunks of defense or hp or oneshot attacks; they just required you to think and not click-and-kill. THIS is what I'd call a challenge. And with few tweaks, it can easily be applied to RO2 as well. Adding more hp/def is the lazy way to increase difficulty.

Edit= I dislike sounding more negative than necessary at times. I'd like to wait and see what happens about this matter, seeing as this thread isn't an official announcement or update from WP staff nor happened in this server (yet?). I trust in that they do take our feedback into consideration.

Edited by TifaValentine, 06 March 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#8 6694130503044502970

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:12 AM

LOL. The game is literally pushing the players away.  :heh:  :heh:

You dont need to push me twice though. Been in and out the game since last month, and it was a good decision to NOT bother myself with the grinding ever since i got stuck in REQUEST FOR AMBUSH quest (my thread about that was removed and i dont forget easy *voodoo*). And if this prophecy comes, i can finally make a quick decision to free a space in my drive (which i had been contemplating for weeks now. WEEKS!) and make room for other games. :ok:

#9 Meriayl

Meriayl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:25 AM

Preview of Bosses and Mobs' HP:

Tomb - Mummy:

Spoiler

Tomb - Set
Spoiler

Tomb - GregorShema
Spoiler

Tomb - Anubis
Spoiler

Tomb - Osiris
Spoiler

Desert - Sand Shadow
Spoiler

Surt Temple - Musphalian
Spoiler

Dayr Temple - Noel Pagan of Fear
Spoiler

#10 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Preview of Bosses and Mobs' HP:

Tomb - Mummy:

Spoiler

Tomb - Set
Spoiler

Tomb - GregorShema
Spoiler

Tomb - Anubis
Spoiler

Tomb - Osiris
Spoiler

Desert - Sand Shadow
Spoiler

Surt Temple - Musphalian
Spoiler

Dayr Temple - Noel Pagan of Fear
Spoiler

Do they all get  x 2 - 4 hp, better def and what about they're dmg?? is that the same?

Anyways that thing is just making players to quit playing if stuff like that happens -.- (I mean seriously are they gonna make dayr desert a raid map to get exp...OOOOOOOOOH!!! Raid Party Exp buff! Now i get it -.-)

#11 SieghartLance

SieghartLance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

LOL even if they raise the HP of all the mobs into x3, x4, x5 it doesn't change the fact that it is still the same whack'em all until they die, no talent needed. You don't even have to dodge, run or apply any special techniques that needs concentration. I'll be frank, I don't think this is a good idea coz it'll make the game more boring than it is right now. Even if we have a boss with 100m HP, if the pattern is still the same I don't think most of the players will like it.

I agree with Mr/Ms. TifaValentine's post above. Putting an IQ or should I say making the mobs smarter and challenging (not by putiing more HP into it) is a good twist.

Though I hope that they will reduce the MP loss if this gets implemented.

#12 Meriayl

Meriayl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

By approximate:

Dayr Desert open field mobs:

0% - 300% hp increase (higher the mob level, greater the increment of hp)

approx players' dmg deal on monsters -50%

approx monsters' dmg deal on players +25% ~ +50%

Dayr Temple mobs:

200% - 300% hp increase

approx players' dmg deal on monsters -50%

approx monsters' dmg deal on players +25% ~ +50%

Tomb

200% - 300% hp increase

approx dmg deal on monsters & boss -50% ~ -75%

approx monsters' dmg deal on playersr +150% ~ +300%

* although raid doesnt meant to be solo-ed, just a quick comparison to make: (Ranger with correct element weapon)

i. during the initial launch of AOV, full chaos set +0 could bring down Osiris in around 20+mins,

full osiris gears +0 take around 8mins to take down Osiris without any potions, with only willow worker 17s cooldown

ii. after this patch, full osiris gears+0 takes around 32min to take down Osiris with stacks of 1220c Sprays, stacks of 1220c pitch, stacks of red 810, few Explorer red, 2 Spinel Purple and 2 willows ran in parallel providing 5k hp heal each of them to barely stay alive (14s cooldown, with non-stop windwalking)

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

That doesn't even make sense. They get sturdier, but that doesn't sound like they're even that more remotely challenging in the sense of being a threat to players in a party. 25% really isn't much with the way players get healed from skills and potions nowadays. Just that it'd take 2x to 3x longer to kill each individual one. Honing in its original intended format doesn't sound like it'd bridge this gap by much anyways. MP gain stays the same, thus making it more of a chore and a lot more unnecessarily boring than it currently is.

Do the Developers seriously think players should be required to have a decent Honing effect on their equipment before they should be able to level decently at a normal rate on field maps?! What's required to buy Honing Powders? KP, MP, and BP. How much harder is it for a newer player as a fresh Lv50 to obtain Honing Powders with MP? Are they required to buy KP just to be able to properly Hone their equipment in order to level normally on the first mobs of Dayr Desert? What about those that don't like PVP? It's not just that, but PVP in its current condition is unbalanced.

I wouldn't mind more challenge, but at least make it more rewarding. At least 5x to 10x the MP gain we currently see from monsters if you plan to implement this kind of change.

Edited by GuardianTK, 06 March 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#14 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

Nope. Nope nope nope nope.

#15 Strobe

Strobe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Putting more HP on a mob doesn't make the game any harder. It just makes you lose precious time and strain your delicate fingers.

We'll see what happens when this patch reaches here. The devs better be ready though. Our community isn't actually the gentle type

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Nope. Nope nope nope nope.

http://youtu.be/nCOxVaQQrbk?t=40s

This is what a lot of people will sound like if that patch ever reaches here.

#17 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Well, if the community of SEA RO2 is against this update then chances are that it might not be implemented here in the form it currently is.

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

http://youtu.be/nCOxVaQQrbk?t=40s

This is what a lot of people will sound like if that patch ever reaches here.

They haven't already with AOV itself?

#19 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hello, everyone.

Here is what we know.

Honing was a system that was meant to be in place when Advent of Valkyrie launched, and was not ready. Due to that, they had initially reduced the difficulty of all the master-level monsters.

The first stage of Honing will return 3/12, with an event to allow players to test out Honing before we get the second half in on 3/26 (more details coming soon). We got word that they wanted to increase the difficulty of the monsters, but haven't been provided the details of what is being changed.

We just got wind of what SEA received, and have been discussing the possible negatives of this system being implemented into ours. We realize it would cause a step backwards from some of the community-generated changes to MP that we got passed in the months following the AoV release. We also see the perspective of the player if we were to increase monster difficulty in the same set of patches that bringing in a Honing system.

We are currently discussing all of this. We'll want to avoid any changes that would make players feel disappointed or angered at the game.

We know that these changes, if planned, will not be going into our 3/12 patch. Until we can meet with the developers tonight, we don't have any more solid info to provide, but will update you when we do.

#20 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

So...we qq about mobs/bosses being a joke, they get buffed and now we qq again.
Wtf with you guys haha

#21 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Nuts!!! :(

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:38 AM

So...we qq about mobs/bosses being a joke, they get buffed and now we qq again.
Wtf with you guys haha

They didn't get buffed to be challenging, they got buffed to take longer to kill them. Ooh, delayed easy killing. SO BUFFED.

#23 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

They didn't get buffed to be challenging, they got buffed to take longer to kill them. Ooh, delayed easy killing. SO BUFFED.

Someone said they got buffed in dmg too.

#24 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

TO be honest honing won't make your gears that OP to make monsters to have so big hp,def and dmg when its all about Random number generator...

#25 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

And this is why I hate the honing system...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users