A great warning to you all guys who hasnt been lvl 20! - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A great warning to you all guys who hasnt been lvl 20!

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#51 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

It's quiet annoying that honing is being forced down our throats because "It's needed for upcoming changes" why should RNG ever be a forced option?

because that is this game. Everything is RNG.

#52 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Here is something you might not remember, Osiris was suppose to be a 10 man raid like all other endgame content was. Now because of the defence/hit/dodge/attack/everything unbalance they called it a 5 man dungeon...which was a joke really because you can solo the mobs due to the lazyness from the devs to balance the classes and the lack of push from warp portal pushing them to get things done. But hey its fine when you lose your player base 10 fold.

Be sure to participate in the events and stream for dyes!

Actually no. Its not a raid. It is a 5-man dungeon. Just like your old Wolf Cave and Payon Tomb. It's not a raid. Even if it were harder, it's not the same as a raid. And their bosses mechanics were broken for a long time. In fact, even if they hit me harder, theyre still buggy (Set and Gregor still freeze at moments and dont do anything when they were supposed to do an aoe). And even so...its not like they do much anyways.

People saying that we complain 'cause "qq they gonna make it harder" dont realize most of us are not asking for things to be "easy", but "challenging". And challenging is NOT the same as "boring/tedious chore". I'm not saying its cool we can solo these new dungeon/s, but we can't just make them boring and annoying to do either.

Take Sandstorm (one of my favourite dungeons) as example; its a simple 5man dungeon, which people with decent gear preAoV could solo too, but their bosses were fun and had things to watch out for, and was exciting to do as a newbie. It wasn't about Eremes having 800mil hp...nah. Its about how chaotic that fight is, how threat doesnt matter and party has to watch out for tornados, his clone, knockdowns, his random change of target, etc. Look at Baphomet H, having differnt adds at different moments, forcing tank to switch with other person in order to not get full stack of DoTs on them, etc. RMH is still many people's nightmare, beating him would take time and team coordination, preparing for it, etc, and it'd still was a box of surprises sometimes. This is stuff pre AoV and it was, at one point, challenging but fun. You'd often feel that sense of accomplishment upon finishing, and not boredom. It was an achievement for many, and it wasnt because of a godly hp pool. That's what we want for new raids/dungeons. It should be hard, yes, but FUN, it should keep your mind awake and ready, not make you just spam pet/pots and perma-click your main skill for 30minutes

#53 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Here is something you might not remember, Osiris was suppose to be a 10 man raid like all other endgame content was. Now because of the defence/hit/dodge/attack/everything unbalance they called it a 5 man dungeon...which was a joke really because you can solo the mobs due to the lazyness from the devs to balance the classes and the lack of push from warp portal pushing them to get things done. But hey its fine when you lose your player base 10 fold.

Be sure to participate in the events and stream for dyes!

It was never meant to be a 10-man raid.

#54 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

If tomb isnt going to be a raid i think 6m hp on bosses might be a little excessive.

#55 Sahri

Sahri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Has SEA RO2 had updates we never had? If they did, we may not have to worry so much.

#56 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Has SEA RO2 had updates we never had? If they did, we may not have to worry so much.

SEARO2 has mobs hitting harder and usually having a bit more HP than other servers because of increased revenue some reason.

#57 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

It's quiet annoying that honing is being forced down our throats because "It's needed for upcoming changes" why should RNG ever be a forced option?

That's how Gravity prefers to make money now. 'Cause making a quality game that would blow WoW out of the water and attract hundreds of new players is totally not profitable at all.

#58 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

#59 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

Well, as a Rogue that was getting ready for killing bosses, Osiris, takes me and a companion about 5 minutes to take down.

We are a duo of lvl 15 ML full Joser Thieves (Rogue and Sin)...

Since which level is this dungeon supposed to be doable anyway? 1? 11?

If we ever go to these bosses with the right element in a full ready 5 men party I stimate the bosses wouldn't last more than 1 and half a minute... and most people simply kills and resets the mummies at the mere entrance... a run at that usually takes 30 seconds.

There is always the trouble of it getting boring, but if aside of the quite obvious increase (the HP) there is actually a boost to their def, atk and hit rates, it might actually become challenging... I mean, at least the dungeon mobs wouldn't be soloable, which would force us to make parties... that would be good, wouldn't it?

EDIT: However I do agree that if those damned things are going to take longer time to bring down, there should be a considerable MP increase on them... I mean... double HP and double DEF wouldn't be worth of a x4 MP increase?

Edited by Leinzan, 06 March 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#60 L337fox

L337fox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Well, as a Rogue that was getting ready for killing bosses, Osiris, takes me and a companion about 5 minutes to take down.

We are a duo of lvl 15 ML full Joser Thieves (Rogue and Sin)...

Since which level is this dungeon supposed to be doable anyway? 1? 11?

If we ever go to these bosses with the right element in a full ready 5 men party I stimate the bosses wouldn't last more than 1 and half a minute... and most people simply kills and resets the mummies at the mere entrance... a run at that usually takes 30 seconds.

There is always the trouble of it getting boring, but if aside of the quite obvious increase (the HP) there is actually a boost to their def, atk and hit rates, it might actually become challenging... I mean, at least the dungeon mobs wouldn't be soloable, which would force us to make parties... that would be good, wouldn't it?

EDIT: However I do agree that if those damned things are going to take longer time to bring down, there should be a considerable MP increase on them... I mean... double HP and double DEF wouldn't be worth of a x4 MP increase?

The bonus exp from being in a party already promotes partying. As Tifa reiterated many times, simply increasing HP, def and atk of mobs doesn't necessarily mean challenging gameplay. It just makes the only viable method of leveling up even more of chore.

#61 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

tumblr_n11g0kplgl1qa9yvvo1_250.gif

I am ready for more rollbacks.

#62 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

tumblr_n11g0kplgl1qa9yvvo1_250.gif

I am ready for more rollbacks.

aCl9zKm.gif

*memories of the last rollback*

Never again I will log in on patch day.

#63 eiyux

eiyux

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

everytime i think about coming and trying this game one more time i see a forum thread and i'm like Nope nope nope nope.

Edited by eiyux, 06 March 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#64 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

The bonus exp from being in a party already promotes partying. As Tifa reiterated many times, simply increasing HP, def and atk of mobs doesn't necessarily mean challenging gameplay. It just makes the only viable method of leveling up even more of chore.

Well, I just see a problem with the fact that Im pretty capable of soloing a dungeon that is meant to be run with 5 people as if it was a walk on the park and without even spending a single drop from a pot bottle (or using a pet even).

Making them hit more often and harder might require that I actually worry about having a healer with me and a tank if I myself lack the HP pool to take those strikes...

Im just saying that the only obvious thing there is the HP increase, doubled that is, and it already is enough to demotivate me, I admit that.

And I agree with Tifa in her point of view that simply more HP doesn't make it better.

But the Hit rate is so terribly bad and the damage from mobs is so little that one can handle it by oneself... if the HIT itself was fixed and it was still this easy to walk through the dungeon, then I could say that the mechanics also need a serius fix (which might surely do), but as of now, they can't hit us at all (and again, if they do, we can survive it just fine), so I can't really tell if the mechanics needs some tweaks or not... altho I really don't see much greatness on the bosses, only a few cones and summons :/

#65 Netamong

Netamong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin Channel 1

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

so does this mean no lvl ML 20?

#66 KayleePepper

KayleePepper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

I've been putting off leveling lately because grinding is so tedious and boring. I literally doze off sometimes in the middle of killing mobs of mukas.  :yawn:

But this possible future "rebalance"  has just given me all the motivation I need to start grinding again today. Better tedious now than extra tedious later. :wah:

#67 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

All I've been doing as of late is run Osiris with my partner killing simple mobs until both our bags are full or we killed all the trash :/

We can only kill 1 by 1 either way... takes about half an hour but we only do 1 or 2 runs per day (1 is already boring enough)... 1.7k MP worth per run with a 20% EXP scroll active...

#68 lonelyx20

lonelyx20

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIn your hearts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

I see this in another way...

Yes... It would be too difficult for the players who hasn't reached the current cap. But it will just became more challenging for the capped people, like me who still haven't filled all mp skill points and stats. 

Also, seeing many new players hit ml20 and didn't bother to get a event suffix title was enough to demotivate me before.  (They even didn't bother to get joser set, or even they hit ml20 with the help 5 poring cards).

Anyway, making hp of mobs tripled won't make a challenge, but it would just make leveling much longer. Which is a good thing because is isn't a private server that all people is capped and starts to problem their gears after it.

#69 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

I see this in another way...

Yes... It would be too difficult for the players who hasn't reached the current cap. But it will just became more challenging for the capped people, like me who still haven't filled all mp skill points and stats. 

Also, seeing many new players hit ml20 and didn't bother to get a event suffix title was enough to demotivate me before.  (They even didn't bother to get joser set, or even they hit ml20 with the help 5 poring cards).

Anyway, making hp of mobs tripled won't make a challenge, but it would just make leveling much longer. Which is a good thing because is isn't a private server that all people is capped and starts to problem their gears after it.

With this opinion I see why you're...lonelyx20.

#70 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Increasing the Atk power and Def of the bosses in tomb is desperately needed. 

6 mil hp though, and a 30 min battle is a problem for Magical classes.

Do these Devs want us to carry around 200 blue pots, to complete the tomb?

#71 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

Increasing the Atk power and Def of the bosses in tomb is desperately needed. 

6 mil hp though, and a 30 min battle is a problem for Magical classes.

Do these Devs want us to carry around 200 blue pots, to complete the tomb?

No they want you to use honing to get wis so you won't run out of SP! duh.

#72 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

No they want you to use honing to get wis so you won't run out of SP! duh.

*rises finger to argue*

*lowers finger with no argument*

#73 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

*memories of the last rollback*

Never again I will log in on patch day.

I don't know about that. Logging in during patch day got me 5 Infiniums and a 24hr battle manual. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

#74 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

cause -_-Logic.

Edited by IamLt, 06 March 2014 - 06:39 PM.

#75 Netamong

Netamong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin Channel 1

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

If there's an up coming patch for this month coming up they have to give reset skill and reset stat scrolls. I've increased my skills and yet i cant upgrade them :(

i would like if i could redo my stat for monk shorta made it not so helpfull. 

Edited by Netamong, 06 March 2014 - 06:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users