#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hello.

This topic will be used to collect Soumaker class suggestions.

Please use the form below when submitting balance issues.

Remember, the more detail, image, or video that can be provided, the quicker these issues can be addressed.

Character Name:

Suggestion Type: (Example: Skill, Stats, Animation, etc)

Suggestion Description:

Video/Image Link (if applicable):

#2 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:-retired-

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

UHMMM... what happened to the previous thread?

#3 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

UHMMM... what happened to the previous thread?

Which?

#4 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

Wasnt there used to be a thread where people of different classes write something like this? 

#5 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Wasnt there used to be a thread where people of different classes write something like this? 

http://forums.warppo...sion-soulmaker/

#6 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Yeah, those under this category

http://forums.warppo...m/283-feedback/

It looks somewhat similar... why not just merge the threads?

#7 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Character Name: Baddiez

Suggestion Type: Increase/add Cd to all SM Skills 

Suggestion Description: Add a CD to ALL Sm skills and/or increase the SP costs so spamming skills becomes a thing of the past. 

Video/Image Link (if applicable): N/A

Edited by Baddiez, 27 March 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#8 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:07 AM

Character Name: Baddiez

Suggestion Type: Increase/add Cd to all SM Skills 

Suggestion Description: Add a CD to ALL Sm skills and/or increase the SP costs so spamming skills becomes a thing of the past. 

Video/Image Link (if applicable): N/A

Not to throw a wrench in your suggestion, but what is the reasoning for that?   Most of our skills have a cooldown that is comparable to other casters, or a cast time again comparable to other casters.  Our only spam skills are Mental Breakdown, Cure, Restore, and our buffs.  All others have cast time or down time.  And since we need to keep a constant flow of activity to keep links working in an efficient manner, increasing the time between each skill's use means we are wasting valuable SP to use skills that aren't warranted.  

You would have to apply that suggestion globally to all magic casters, and compensate by making their damage higher and the accuracy better.  Otherwise they are just wasting SP in rotation waiting for a skill, and using their default melee.

Again, I'm just asking your reasoning, not challenging your suggestion.

#9 TinyOwl

TinyOwl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

i think he meant it kind of sarcastic (i hope?). such troll 

#10 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Although... a 100% hitrate and much higher damage coupled with a longer time between casts would be an interesting playstyle... But it's just not practical right now.

Imagine if mental breakdown wasn't spammable, only shot  once every 2 seconds, but did ~10k damage with 100% hit rate.  LOL  With this type of implementation, Sacrifice would be a PvP insta-kill skill with 100% hit rate, but should also eat up 50% of caster's hp and render caster stunned for 1sec.  Now THAT would be interesting.

#11 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Character Name: Doppio

Suggestion Type: Skills

Description: Now I haven't played my Soulmaker for a long time, but one thing that would keep things interesting is have Cure, instead of increasing effectiveness after some amount of time, actually have it decay. That way you have to think if keeping it stacked all the time is actually worth it.

#12 TinyOwl

TinyOwl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

We already asked to lower the amount of the cure heals on us. Your idea would trouble us with even more mana problems, since we would still stack it, just re-use it faster.  (edited the grammar in the meantime xD)

Edited by TinyOwl, 30 March 2014 - 04:30 AM.

#13 hxinen

hxinen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:39 PM

I really do hope SM cure doesn't get nerfed too much... I mean that's the only line of defense SM got. 

#14 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:19 AM

Skill Suggestion:

This skill suggestion comes after playing a class in another game that is near SM standards.

Remove Soul Extinction Mastery, applying that stuck effect based on skill level (as has been suggested many times before.)

New Skill: Link Mastery

Passive
While linked, threat created is reduced for SM. 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%.
Critical rate for SM is raised. 2%/2.5%/3%/3.5%/4% added as a flat rate.

If SoulMate active, all linked allies skills use half of their sp cost to limit of 1.

In relation to Cure nerf, I am hoping as well that the nerf is not so drastic that the skill becomes a shadow of itself. A minor nerf is fine, but coupled with the stat, weapon, and loss of class unique stat bonus (extra crit per agility for SM was reverted I believe); I think it may be too much if we are severely changed. My biggest worry is the stacking being removed, and the % healed being decreased so much that we are forced to waste massive amounts of SP to survive on our own, and burn through pots to support a team.

Edited by MadamOnara, 25 May 2014 - 04:27 AM.

#15 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

Character name: Leyliny

Suggestion type : Skill

---Firstly, sorry for mistakes. english is not my main language

i have some suggestion but bit late i think. i am hoping also cure not nerfed dramatically. we dont have any defensive skill. most characters have damage decrease or defence increase skill. also our hp and defence is low. thats why we are so fragile. Some people saying cure should be heal amount as renovatio(what the hell). cure is only good healing skill of sm's. Restoration is joke when compared priest aoe heals. Compare:

sm's restoration: at lvl1 %191 matk heal and %20 increase every lvl up. at lvl 10 heal about %390 (5 people)

priest highness heal: at lvl1 %435 matk heal and %50 increase every lvl up. at lvl10 heal about %890(5 people)(with aspersio, effect is more)

priest's sanctuary:10 m radius heal all party and raid members. at lvl1 %592 heal every 2 sec.  at lvl5 heal %870 every 2 sec.(with aspersio, effect is more)

now u guys still can say cure should be heal amount as renovatio? only good healing skill for sm.

Also dispell and detection skills are useless since chance are so low. fix that.

Anyway main suggestion about links, not cure. Here:  (sl: soul link)

we have 4 links: sl concentration, sl balance, sl revive, sl devotion. but these are useless when u are not in party. i am mostly solo , so i am not using too much. i dont want put on skill points these skill points. their range is short but gonna increase next patch. this is good but still seems useless. my suggestion is; these skill should be self buff but with low effect. Like this:

Sl concentration(when u are in party): increase %2 vitality and acceleration every lvl. at lvl 5 is  %10 . %1 increase every critical. result: at lvl5 maximum %15

Sl concentration(when u are not in party): increase %1 vit. and acceleration every lvl. at lvl 5 is %5.  no critical effect. result: at lvl5 maximum %5

Sl balance: same formul with sl concentration. but we really need more matk? this skill can stay same. Arguable.

Sl revive:(Same formul)(in party)%2 damage decrease and increase heal effect every lvl. at lvl 5 %10. %1 increase every critical. result: at lvl5 maximum %15

Sl revive(not in party):%1 damage decrease and increase heal efect every lvl. at lvl 5 %5. no critical effect. result: at lvl5 maximum %5

Sl devotion:no need change.

Now, %5 not too much(for lvl5). this is fair i think. Since our vit lower than other class, %5 more vit would be gonna good.(gonna increase only 1-1,5k hp, not too much) Also we are so fragile and we dont have any defensive skill.(sins shadow armor,priests assumptio, cres levicorpus etc....most characters have). %5 damage decrese gonna be good for us.(if put 5 skill points). now every sm have same skill tree. with this suggestion, people gonna be tempting and put skill points on links.

With this more various skill trees gonna revelaed.

Thank u for Reading.

#16 GeckoSnickers

GeckoSnickers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

Character Name: Chiriki

Suggestion Type: Skills

Suggestion Description: See below~

Okay, I'm going to throw my two cents in here. 

My main issue with the SM class, is the SoulLinks. That's what we are known for, our buffs that is. I personally had to reskill to remove the links from my repertoire as I found them useless. They are useless to me because of the range. No one is going to stay within 10-20 meters of you in a raid or dungeon or when grinding when they have to run around the area to avoid AoE's and/or if they are luring. Therefore, the links become null. You can't keep everyone buffed because you can't control how far your party members are going to run from you. So my suggestion is to lengthen the range for the SoulLinks. 

Another skill I have a problem with is Cure Pearl. Let's be honest, who actually uses it to heal? When I had points in it, I'd use it just because it looks pretty. I personally don't believe we need another healing skill, what with Restore, Restoration, Cure, and Immunity (I know it's an attack, but it also heals party members when used, so that's why I listed it). I do, however, believe we should obtain a skill like the Priest's Aqua Benedicta. SoulMaker's are Mana guzzlers, just like all the other Magic classes. Wizard/Sorcerer has Water Emblem to help with that and Priest has the above mentioned Aqua Benedicta. I believe it would be nice for us to get a skill like that, especially if our Cure is getting nerfed.

That brings me to this point, Cure. We are, perhaps, the class with the lowest defense (I say this because I have played every single class in this game. We have no defense, let's face it.). Why nerf the one thing that keeps us alive and allows us to solo mobs/bosses? Honestly, we don't really have anything else going for us except for our buffs, and even those are pretty useless at the moment (talking about the Links here). I understand that it is an OP heal, but honestly, even when it's stacked three times on us, doing 12k HP recovery every two seconds, we can still be killed. It's not the end of the world if an SM has Cure on them, because believe me from personal experience, you can still one-shot an SM in PvP with it on. It does not make us invincible. What it does is gives us a better chance at surviving in the game on PvE and makes it so we can keep other people alive in our party/raid. I don't see a downside here to having Cure stay how it is. Also, take into consideration what Leyliny (forum name Glukos) said about a Priest's heals vs. ours. 

Now, for Detect/Dispell. Personally, I'm fine with Detect as it is. I just recently maxed it and I find it useful. I have indeed stunned people with it before more than once and it makes PvP quite fun when that happens. However, Dispell is another story. I have it maxed too, because why not. I find it isn't nearly as effective as I think it should be, as it does not work most of the time (at least, for me it doesn't). I would suggest making it work on all status ailments BUT making it have a longer CD. That way, if we're in Fallen Fortress or in some Dungeon/Raid or whatever, you can remove the stuns on you, but you'll have to wait a while to use it again. This way, you can't just spam it every 15-20 seconds and you actually have to be smart about when you use it. I don't know, that's what I think would make people use it more. 

I think this more or less wraps up my personal feelings about our skills. This post may be late, but at least it has been posted.

~ Chiriki ~

Edited by GeckoSnickers, 11 June 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#17 Duph

Duph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Immunity - worst AOE skill in the game.

Usuable evey 8 mins (when Soulmate is Active). 2 sec cast time (Cooldown: 10 seconds).

Compare this to "every" other class with 0 cast time aoe and no CD.

Edited by Duph, 24 August 2014 - 05:29 PM.

#18 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

Immunity - worst AOE skill in the game.

Usuable evey 8 mins (when Soulmate is Active). 2 sec cast time (Cooldown: 10 seconds).

Compare this to "every" other class with 0 cast time aoe and no CD.

You can't compare Immunity to the zero-casting time AoEs, because the Soulmaker has things like a Deathspell plus the Soul-Injection-chains with Soul Extortion // Mental Breakdown instead.

Immunity is rather a compromise between a Rage Strike // Brutal Strike (both 20sec CD) that hit multiple targets and a Highness Heal (10sec CD). Immunity therefore deals half as much damage and recovers half as much damage as the mentioned skills. 

And the cooldown of Immunity // Awake:Soulmate is rather a benefit here. It's either 20sec for most other 'ultimate' attack skills versus half the cooldown for Immunity at half the time (active Soulmate). And Soulmate is plannable. Just imagine a Warrior's Rage Strike with a 10sec CD that's only castable while Berserk is active.

BTW: Just ask the top Soulmakers or Cresentias about their cooldown for the Awake skill and you might be surprised as well.

Don't get me wrong though! I've already made a comment about Immunity and stated that it should be improved, but I can't agree with your comparison to other AoEs, implying that Immunity would be the main-AoE for the Soulmaker. Beside the examples above, Grimtooth seems to be the most comparable skill right now.

Edited by Greven79, 26 August 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#19 Duph

Duph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:14 AM

You can't compare Immunity to the zero-casting time AoEs, because the Soulmaker has things like a Deathspell plus the Soul-Injection-chains with Soul Extortion // Mental Breakdown instead.

Immunity is rather a compromise between a Battle Rage (20sec) // Brutal Strike (both 20sec CD) that hit multiple targets and a Highness Heal (10sec CD). Immunity therefore deals half as much damage and recovers half as much damage as the mentioned skills. 

And the cooldown of Immunity // Awake:Soulmate is rather a benefit here. It's either 20sec for most other 'ultimate' attack skills versus half the cooldown for Immunity at half the time (active Soulmate). And Soulmate is plannable. Just imagine a Warrior's Rage Strike with a 10sec CD that's only castable while Berserk is active.

BTW: Just ask the top Soulmakers or Cresentias about their cooldown for the Awake skill and you might be surprised as well.

Don't get me wrong though! I've already made a comment about Immunity and stated that it should be improved, but I can't agree with your comparison to other AoEs, implying that Immunity would be the main-AoE for the Soulmaker. Beside the examples above, Grimtooth seems to be the most comparable skill right now.

I don't see any skill you mention that need "Ymir Child" and only usable every 8 mins.

You can basically spam 2.7/3 Brandish Storm (VS evey CD of Immunity). DPS wise which is better? Rage Stike can Crit 77k (what is the highest "Immunity" crit in the game?)

Also, Death Spell + MB/SE technically out dps "Immunity".

The fact is "Immunity" can't compete with other AOE skill and it have a handicap (8 mins to re-use).

My point is: for a skill that is usable evey 8 mins it should be on par or better than other AOE skill in the game. Sadly it is not.

Edited by Duph, 26 August 2014 - 07:20 AM.

#20 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

I don't see any skill you mention that need "Ymir Child" and only usable every 8 mins.

I am sorry, but it's kind of hard for me to understand: What do you mean by Ymir Child and 8min?

Immunity isn't usable every 8min, but every 8sec for 3min every 8min.... Hope you were talking about that.

You can basically spam 2.7/3 Brandish Storm (VS evey CD of Immunity). DPS wise which is better?

What do you do in between two Immunity activations? Nothing? It's not that Immunity has a 10sec casting time, so you can use other skills instead.

That's why I wrote that it's better to compare Brandish Storm with a Mental Breakdown that hops over to other targets with a Soul Injection.

Then we have:

Mental Breakdown: 420% damage to up to 5 targets;

Brandish Storm: 443% damage to up to 10 targets; 2~3sec animation time

So sure, let's compare the DPS here. We either have 420% damage that hits half the number of targets but can be used twice as often. So who is the winner here? We could do the same with Soul Extortion.

Mental Breakdown: 434% damage to up to 5 targets every second for 5sec; slowing the targets by 50% and recovering 71% of the damage inflicted

I think, it would be even better to compare Immunity with Battle Leap (15sec cooldown) at least.

Rage Stike can Crit 77k (what is the highest "Immunity" crit in the game?)

Does Rage Strike recover hitpoints as well? So sure, let's kick Battle Tactics and make Cure unstackable and then we repeat this, ok? Cause falling back to the typical BT reference will lead nowhere.... just useless insults and random QQing.

Also, Death Spell + MB/SE technically out dps "Immunity".

I am not sure what you mean with 'technically'. Sure, a Bash can out-DPS even a Rage Strike, if you do nothing else. However, the Rage Strike is nevertheless more powerful.

The fact is "Immunity" can't compete with other AOE skill and it have a handicap (8 mins to re-use).

My point is: for a skill that is usable evey 8 mins it should be on par or better than other AOE skill in the game. Sadly it is not.

See, and here we get to the more problematic decision. Whereas a Warrior has a lvl-10 Rage Strike, the Soulmaker can have a 30sec lvl-5 Sacrifice and an - let's call it optional for a while - lvl-3 Immunity.

Sure, you can use Immunity only while the Awake Form is active. So you have a 3min window-of-opportunity every 8min. That means, over the next 8min (the cooldown for Awake), you can cast a total of ~22 Immunities. Assuming the same Vigor rate, a Warrior would be able to cast ~30 Rage Strikes instead. Yes, a Soulmaker would have a 5min duration where he can't use Immunity at all, but during the remaining 3min, he can cast it twice as often.

In addition, the Soulmaker also has Sacrifice. He could easily level this skill as well, because neither Sacrifice nor Immunity has a maximum skill level of 10, like Rage Strike does. Over the next 8min, that's allows for a total of 20 activations. Together with the 22x Immunitiies, the Soulmaker clearly beats the 30 Rage Strikes here.

You should look at it this way:

Sacrifice is your normal 'ultimate' attack. It has a higher cooldown than other finishers, BUT that drawback get's negated, if you add in Immunity as well. Therefore Awake is similar to a vigor bonus, that also changes/boosts your ultimate instead (adding the AoE damage/heal effect).

Do the same with Rage Strike and you could say: Base Rage Strike has a 30sec cooldown and hits a single target. While Ymir Form is active, the cooldown is lowered to 10sec instead and it hits multiple targets.

So sure it's aguable whether the 'half the common cooldown but usable only during a certain period ' strategy is suitable or not, but generally spoken, you won't fight for the whole 8min. So it's quite a benefit to awake the Soulmate at the start of the fight, knowing that you have can use a powerful skill twice as often during the next 3min. And you always have Sacrifice as a 'back-up' plan.

Last but not least: I told you already that I've suggested to improve Immunity, So my original reply only ponted towards your reasoning, not towards the power-up.

Edited by Greven79, 26 August 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#21 Duph

Duph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

ok! let me get this in a practical situation because you can't understand my point.

Brandish Storm VS Immunity

Try atleast mobing few condors / Muka / Mummy for 20 mins and post me here how much Master point you accuire by using only those 2 skill.

Sacrifice is your normal 'ultimate' attack

I ask why is "Sacifice" accessible without Awake? [Priest "Ray of Genesis" is even Powerful, can be "0" cast time and with out sacrificing HP. Sorcerer VA 0 CAST] BAD "Ultimate" compare to other class.

AFAIK: Ranger, Assassin, Warrior, Sorcerer, Priest none of them need "Ymir Child" to use any of thier skill. So, why does Immunity need "Awake"? Its a trash aoe compare to other class aoe without restriciton and without cd.

THIS IS A GRINDING GAME AND AOE IS NEEDED. WHY DO I NEED TO WAIT 8 MINS FOR A SKILL TO BE USABLE.

#22 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

ok! let me get this in a practical situation because you can't understand my point.

Brandish Storm VS Immunity

Try atleast mobing few condors / Muka / Mummy for 20 mins and post me here how much Master point you accuire by using only those 2 skill.

I didn't meant to offend you. I think I got your point, but you don't understand mine:

Immunity is NOT your farming skill! It's an ultimate attack that by chance happens to hit multiple targets!

Referring to Beastmaster: What you do is like stating that Brutal Strike is crap, because it worse for grinding it's own Beast Tornado.
(Brutal Strike = Immunity || Beast Tornado = Soul Extortion chain)

So just imagine for a second that your soulmaker would have Death Grip instead of Immunity. How would you grind then?

I've tried my very best to show you that Mental Breakdown and Soul Extortion are your main grinding skills and that they aren't bad at all! If you use either of these two skills, you might even be better at grinding than the hatred Warrior and his Brandish Storm. So you already got the tools, just use them!

So just tell me why you're so obsessed at using Immunity for grinding?

I ask why is "Sacifice" accessible without Awake? [Priest "Ray of Genesis" is even Powerful, can be "0" cast time and with out sacrificing HP. Sorcerer VA 0 CAST] BAD "Ultimate" compare to other class.

AFAIK: Ranger, Assassin, Warrior, Sorcerer, Priest none of them need "Ymir Child" to use any of thier skill. So, why does Immunity need "Awake"? Its a trash aoe compare to other class aoe without restriciton and without cd.

Deathgrip // Immunity both require Awake, because unlike any other skill, they deal massive damage (1000%+), but have no stack requirements (combo points, rage, concentration) and a cooldown of 10sec only (at least half the cooldown of similar skills!!!). So in order to keep them balanced towards other ultimate skills like Shield Cannon, etc., the devs have chosen a different restriction instead => Awake.

Maybe it would have been better to place Immunity outside of Awake, but with double or triple the cooldown and to rather make Sacrifice a 10sec skill that requires this 'Ymir form' instead, maybe you would then understand the meaning behind the Awake restriction.

So once more:

If you're looking for a grinding skill: Use Soul Extortion!

If you're looking for a skill that can deal 1050% damage to a single target (almost the damage of a Shield Cannon) AND get's a 'goodie' in form of an AoE on top of that, use Immunity.

Edited by Greven79, 27 August 2014 - 01:26 AM.

#23 xLottex

xLottex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Actually it is possible to use Immunity for grinding but trust me I have No SP Ever as my guild title as it is and you don't want to get worse than that. Although this requires you to have around 58% or above vigor and have Soul Link Concentration with 5 stacks of crits which gives me permanent Awaken Soulmate, they really need to change it so that we transform into our adult form, but casting Immunity even at lvl 1 costs over 70 sp and casting it every 2 secs is going to cost you. But yeah our main dps skills for grinding is Death Spell and either MB or SE I myself use MB since it allows me to continue moving. 

#24 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:35 AM

IMO, it's only really possible if you focus the character on Vigor, so that you can lower the cooldown of both Awake and Immunity significantly. Than of course, you will run out of SP soon.

#25 4615140119234425113

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

Character Name: Cleansing

Suggestion Type: Skills!

Suggestion Description: I've noticed that there is a severe lack of me having SP, and I feel as we have no issue with our health; seeing as we are pretty much healers regardless; you should switch Awake Soulmate to healing our SP to full! Also, we have no TRUE instant cast AoE(As immunity requires us to switch into Awake Soulmate), it would be wonderful if you could switch Mental Breakdown to target 10 instead of simply 5 monsters, as with most classes when they go into Master Level they have their slight AoE skills expanded, I feel so should we! I mean heck, you already denied us of the free 7 day VIP card AND mount! Thank you guys though, for your wonderful support of the community and hard work and dedication to keeping this game moving forward!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users