#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hello.

This topic will be used to collect Ranger class suggestions.

Please use the form below when submitting balance issues.

Remember, the more detail, image, or video that can be provided, the quicker these issues can be addressed.

Character Name:

Suggestion Type: (Example: Skill, Stats, Animation, etc)

Suggestion Description:

Video/Image Link (if applicable):

#2 Meirin

Meirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Character Name: Meirin

Suggestion Type: Stats

Suggestion Description: Currently, the Ranger class has undergone some major nerf'ing in terms of the way stats need to be balanced. Just to hit monsters at somewhat of an "acceptable" rate, you need to have your AGI cranked, which leaves little to no room for making use of other stats such as VIT (needed for decent HP) and STR (needed for defense). In addition to this, the damage done per shot is about half of what it used to be before a few updates ago. The effect makes it so that Rangers can only fire quickly, but they still cannot do as nearly as much damage as they used to be able to do. While I am not in favor of making the Ranger class OP (i.e., DoTs doing 3k damage per tick, single shots killing everyone and everything immediately, not being able to get hit, etc.), I want to be able to fight monsters without worrying about dying after a couple of hits and/or sitting there firing at the same enemies that I can't hit or kill for 5 minutes. I understand this may be tough to balance, but having the Class Representatives work together with the devs and GMs could help fix this. (Insert cynical comment here from the community.) Either way, I appreciate the work and would like to encourage WP and Gravity to continue making patches that fix actual bugs sans content updates (i.e., new levels, "features," etc.) with the community's help.

#3 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Yes, it's a shame for me as a ranger to miss ~4,5 shots in a row against mummy. My agi is already ~150 raw points....

#4 Meirin

Meirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Suggestion Type: Skills

Suggestion Description: 

1. Another bug that I forgot to mention: Falcon Assault misses most of the time.
  2. Another thing (and I know I am going to get flack for this one): The Ranger's traps right now need to be modded to prevent Rangers from having an unfair advantage in PvP. Given the right build where a Ranger's Vigor and Haste are maxed, a Ranger's cooldown is so low that duels between Rangers and close-combat classes are not even a match.
  3. In addition, SP consumption for raids for Rangers is too high (Double Strafing in particular, which is a bread and butter skill). The game's economy is broken as can be right now. So, driving up demand on Blue and Purple Potions does not help this. 
  4. Given the fact that the game is going in a direction that forces the player to fight larger and larger mobs, giving players more AoE skills or modding the current ones would be much appreciated. (Not holding my breath on this one...)

#5 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

Suggestion Description: 

1. Another bug that I forgot to mention: Falcon Assault misses most of the time.
  2. Another thing (and I know I am going to get flack for this one): The Ranger's traps right now need to be modded to prevent Rangers from having an unfair advantage in PvP. Given the right build where a Ranger's Vigor and Haste are maxed, a Ranger's cooldown is so low that duels between Rangers and close-combat classes are not even a match.
  3. In addition, SP consumption for raids for Rangers is too high (Double Strafing in particular, which is a bread and butter skill). The game's economy is broken as can be right now. So, driving up demand on Blue and Purple Potions does not help this. 
  4. Given the fact that the game is going in a direction that forces the player to fight larger and larger mobs, giving players more AoE skills or modding the current ones would be much appreciated. (Not holding my breath on this one...)

Not sure how long you've been playing a ranger...o.o but...

1- It has been mentioned already. It doesn't miss as often now, however sometimes you just need to spawn it from a different angle. But yes, it's been mentioned a lot already (check all other ranger-feedback threads~).

2- I rather not comment on this one..........

3- SP issues O.o? I've solo'd annoying bosses that take minutes to kill, yes including the ones affected by that -accidental- increased defense, and I barely used half or less of my sp pool. And thats after the entire fight pew-pewing all the time, and yes I have max double strafe too. Hell, I still have lots of explorer blues from that ML letters event and I didnt even need to buy any more. Both during my leveling (wearing blegh t2 colo gears which became so useless upon joser/osiris) to ml20 and up to now, sp was never a problem for me. Perhaps you need to re-check your skill rotation or damage output, because most if not all our skills barely cost any sp, even if maxed.

4- We, rangers (since this is a rangers thread after all), already have two nice AoEs: Multishot (semi-aoe cone-view, which does a decent dmg even at lv1) and Arrow Shower (hits 10 enemies at same time, and btw becomes insta-cast when maxed to 6); also, multishot applies that DoT Wedge which even if isn't good, it happens to increase Arrow Shower's dmg on those mobs infected with it.

Edited by TifaValentine, 21 March 2014 - 10:51 AM.

#6 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

Suggestion Type: Stats

Suggestion Description: Currently, the Ranger class has undergone some major nerf'ing in terms of the way stats need to be balanced. Just to hit monsters at somewhat of an "acceptable" rate, you need to have your AGI cranked, which leaves little to no room for making use of other stats such as VIT (needed for decent HP) and STR (needed for defense). In addition to this, the damage done per shot is about half of what it used to be before a few updates ago. The effect makes it so that Rangers can only fire quickly, but they still cannot do as nearly as much damage as they used to be able to do. While I am not in favor of making the Ranger class OP (i.e., DoTs doing 3k damage per tick, single shots killing everyone and everything immediately, not being able to get hit, etc.), I want to be able to fight monsters without worrying about dying after a couple of hits and/or sitting there firing at the same enemies that I can't hit or kill for 5 minutes. I understand this may be tough to balance, but having the Class Representatives work together with the devs and GMs could help fix this. (Insert cynical comment here from the community.) Either way, I appreciate the work and would like to encourage WP and Gravity to continue making patches that fix actual bugs sans content updates (i.e., new levels, "features," etc.) with the community's help.

If you are of a much lower level than the mobs you are fighting you are going to miss a lot more than being at the same level.  Also our attack power has not been nerfed so we do half the damage we did before.  The Dayr/Osiris mobs and bosses had a temporary defense increase that has now been fixed.  We (all classes) are back to previous levels of damage.  Now for your dying more quickly in Dayr/Osiris is because those mobs have increased penetration, which means that they will hurt you more each time they hit you.

Yes, it's a shame for me as a ranger to miss ~4,5 shots in a row against mummy. My agi is already ~150 raw points....

If you've only got 150 stats into agi, I'm gonna make the assumption that you are also not of the same level as the mummies you are fighting, you are going to miss more, thats been game mechanic since day 1 of RO2.

Suggestion Description: 

1. Please take a look at our list of changes, or the bug report section which I am linking.

2. The entire point of us having traps is to be able to counter melee classes.  We most certainly do not have an unfair advantage in PvP.  For instance, if a sin uses Shadow Assault and lands the attack, I will most certainly lose if they are of equal level, however, to counter that move I would lay a trap and try to lure them into it and avoid their Shadow Assault, giving me an advantage.  It's completely give and take here.  Please do not give anyone the idea that Rangers are OP, that is probably the furthest thing from the truth right now.

3.  The price of Prime Grade Dayr Blue potions is very low considering what it takes to make them.  200z is a low cost for 20 potions that give a large amount of SP back.

4.  Our AoE's currently damage 10 enemies simultaneously.  I'm not sure of many other classes that can do that.  Also if you use both Arrow Shower and Multishot together, you get increased damage.

5.  At this point, I'm not sure you've even played Ranger class and feel as if you are trolling us.

#7 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

Multishot + Arrow shower + Claymore all max are far more than enough aoe for a ranger.

ML 20 and ~30 stats away from maxing purchasable stat points ....

Traps don't give ranger unfair advantage. Without traps, at current stage, I don't think ranger has chance to win against any other classes 1v1.

Unless non-stop fighting inside Osiris, I don't have any trouble with SP. Even so, just ~2 blue pots are enough to save the day.

#8 Meirin

Meirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Not sure how long you've been playing a ranger...o.o but...

1- It has been mentioned already. It doesn't miss as often now, however sometimes you just need to spawn it from a different angle. But yes, it's been mentioned a lot already (check all other ranger-feedback threads~).

2- I rather not comment on this one..........

3- SP issues O.o? I've solo'd annoying bosses that take minutes to kill, yes including the ones affected by that -accidental- increased defense, and I barely used half or less of my sp pool. And thats after the entire fight pew-pewing all the time, and yes I have max double strafe too. Hell, I still have lots of explorer blues from that ML letters event and I didnt even need to buy any more. Both during my leveling (wearing blegh t2 colo gears which became so useless upon joser/osiris) to ml20 and up to now, sp was never a problem for me. Perhaps you need to re-check your skill rotation or damage output, because most if not all our skills barely cost any sp, even if maxed.

4- We, rangers (since this is a rangers thread after all), already have two nice AoEs: Multishot (which does a decent dmg even at lv1) and Arrow Shower (which btw becomes insta-cast when maxed to 6); multishot applies that DoT Wedge which even if isn't good, it happens to increase Arrow Shower's dmg on those mobs infected with Wedge.

1. While I have been a ranger since almost day one, I have not been to the forums in a long time for multiple reasons. So, I apologize if I am hashing over things that are more or less old news/"solved." My experience has been less than fulfilling, despite these "fixes." What else is new?
  2. Alrighty then.
  3. It is true that most skills are not that consumptive, but Double Strafe in particular tends to consume too much SP, given how often it is used or can be used. One of the whole points of building up Concentration is so that Rangers can use Double Strafe relatively "free" of cost while putting a limit on how much they can use it. However, seeing that Double Strafe appears more often than not is a relatively good skill, it can chew through a lot of SP quickly at 22 SP per use.
  4. I agree that Rangers have good AoE attacks already, but I am looking at the trends that is happening for all classes including Rangers. As the game becomes more grind intensive (ugh) with larger and larger mobs, a certain variety in the AoE attacks for all classes would be nice at the very least, if not necessary to keep player interest and make all classes more able to handle large mobs.

If you are of a much lower level than the mobs you are fighting you are going to miss a lot more than being at the same level.  Also our attack power has not been nerfed so we do half the damage we did before.  The Dayr/Osiris mobs and bosses had a temporary defense increase that has now been fixed.  We (all classes) are back to previous levels of damage.  Now for your dying more quickly in Dayr/Osiris is because those mobs have increased penetration, which means that they will hurt you more each time they hit you.

If you've only got 150 stats into agi, I'm gonna make the assumption that you are also not of the same level as the mummies you are fighting, you are going to miss more, thats been game mechanic since day 1 of RO2.

1. Please take a look at our list of changes, or the bug report section which I am linking.

2. The entire point of us having traps is to be able to counter melee classes.  We most certainly do not have an unfair advantage in PvP.  For instance, if a sin uses Shadow Assault and lands the attack, I will most certainly lose if they are of equal level, however, to counter that move I would lay a trap and try to lure them into it and avoid their Shadow Assault, giving me an advantage.  It's completely give and take here.  Please do not give anyone the idea that Rangers are OP, that is probably the furthest thing from the truth right now.

3.  The price of Prime Grade Dayr Blue potions is very low considering what it takes to make them.  200z is a low cost for 20 potions that give a large amount of SP back.

4.  Our AoE's currently damage 10 enemies simultaneously.  I'm not sure of many other classes that can do that.  Also if you use both Arrow Shower and Multishot together, you get increased damage.

5.  At this point, I'm not sure you've even played Ranger class and feel as if you are trolling us.

1. As I said above, I am just catching up with the forums at this point. Sorry about this!
  2. I do not think that Rangers are OP (rather the opposite), but I do know that there is an overall class balancing issue between ranged and melee classes. My concern is for PvP players to be able to enjoy themselves more. A lot of players have left this game because PvP is basically broken. I would like to see them return or make this game more attractive to other players who like that aspect of the game. Personally, I used to do Colo, WoE, and Jehoon a lot, but I now just find no incentive to do so.
  3. It might "low" in price to buy, but, as an Alchemist, farming for mats is neither fun nor worth the effort for the most part. So, really, this problem spills over into the whole economy problem as well. I know that this holds true even more so for classes that are even more dependent on SP like magic and healing classes.
  4. My concern is not about the overall damage, as stated above. It is about keeping players interested and involved, seeing that this game is losing players like mad.
  5. I have been playing as a Ranger for a long time, since almost day one. 

#9 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Again, even with max main ranger and max double strafe and triggering it so often, it still isn't an sp consumption to worry about. Look at classes like sorcerers, wizards, soulmakers and even beastmasters, they DO have real sp issues where they have to pop a blue potion every few seconds before their entire sp pool gets depleted and thats just for few mobs or a half-hp-down boss. It doesn't even matter the gear or lvl difference, whenever I spammed DS I still never had real "issues" with sp. And this comes from someone without "omg op gear", and its been the same ever since before master levels. Even in raids, which I have done as ranger as well. Something has to be wrong thre if you're spamming so much and running out of sp so fast to the point of worrying for running out of potions. And as Fluke said, potions arent even that expensive anyways, at least for a class like rangers who just need a few to survive, not thousands. Its not like my poor sorcerer that goes through entire stacks of blue dayr potions like it were candy and its barely enough (thanks goodness we have Water Emblem<3). Go out, kill some condors in dayr for a while, sell trash loot, get some zeny, and thats your money for potions if you cant make them.

As for your last point... there's something REALLY wrong with this game if the way to make it more interesting is to change aoes just so players "can grind better/faster". I'm not really sure if that's what you meant, but...its possible youre not being clear enough. If this game is losing population it's not because of the grinding. It's not because of that alone  (there's other popular mmos out there with much worse grinding, trust me), but its a compilation of several problems piling up and taking too long to be solved. Things like: bugs after bugs, unbalance among classes, dmg/hit/dodge rate formulas being broken/changed for worse, broken/bugged content, etc. Those have to be solved first of all. You can't keep players interested if you dont have a decent playable game in the first place. And this is something general, and not about rangers alone. The purpose of this thread is to address suggestions/feedback specifically about class Ranger. All general game suggestions have a different place. If you're still new to forums might as well take a look around first, because I can assure you theres a lot of things that have already been reported and mentioned.

#10 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

1. I do not think that Rangers are OP (rather the opposite), but I do know that there is an overall class balancing issue between ranged and melee classes. My concern is for PvP players to be able to enjoy themselves more. A lot of players have left this game because PvP is basically broken. I would like to see them return or make this game more attractive to other players who like that aspect of the game. Personally, I used to do Colo, WoE, and Jehoon a lot, but I now just find no incentive to do so.
  2. It might "low" in price to buy, but, as an Alchemist, farming for mats is neither fun nor worth the effort for the most part. So, really, this problem spills over into the whole economy problem as well. I know that this holds true even more so for classes that are even more dependent on SP like magic and healing classes.
  3. My concern is not about the overall damage, as stated above. It is about keeping players interested and involved, seeing that this game is losing players like mad.
  4. I have been playing as a Ranger for a long time, since almost day one. 

1.  I think you are confusing melee class with magic classes like Priest, Wiz, Sorc and SM.  Right now Rangers and melee classes are the closest to being balanced.  I PvP all day, every day, since thats like the new End Game currently (only thing left to do).  So your statement saying how we have unfair advantage over melee leads me to believe, you do not PvP, other wise you would know the current state of our class a little better.  Jehoon is just outright broken as it was never updated to Post-AoV stats and our new gear and builds.  Right now we over power everything in there without even having to use the buff scrolls.  That has nothing to do with us specifically.  Colo, well thats the closest to outright balance we are going to get until they fix the Magic classes DoT's which are very over whelming.  As for WoE, I dont know your character name, so I can't say if I've seen you out there or not, but it's pretty much gear dependent out there.

2.  Again, this is not Range dependent, and I do understand the materials for farming have very low drops on mobs, I am an alchemist myself.  However, since you can buy all the materials with MP it's not too much of a problem.  The only problem is, having enough storage to hold all the pots you can make.  Since each potion makes more than the last.

3.  I don't see how upgrading out AoE is going to keep player interested for farming/grinding.  Our AoE is one of the things we don't need to change.

4.  Your Day 1 or game Day 1?  I ask because your statements are in most cases contradictory to our current status as a Ranger class.  If you've take a long break, get back in the game, see what we are currently dealing with.

Check out the links I provided earlier as well, you can read up on our group discussions and suggestions for our class.

#11 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

Character Name: Souchi

Suggestion Type: (Example: Skill, Stats, Animation, etc) normal attack and Skills Range be maximized

Suggestion Description:

As the suggestion says, the ranger is suppose to have the farthest range from all other classes, considering the name "Range" as it should be.  Unfortunately, the noel classes have the farthest range against the ranger.  It's highly logical that you increase the range values for our skills as well as normal hit area.  We've been noticing this and it is pretty absurd for an "ALREADY DEPRIVED" class to be humilliated for their purpose as a RANGED CLASS DPS.  I am not hoping this will be looked after for the reason that most proposed promises were'nt implemented (for some reason) nor looked after at. but at least i posted this up to let u guys know that the RANGER is not the most ranged dps class in the game but soulmakers and crescentias are.which is such a shame.....

Video/Image Link (if applicable):

I have a lot of images to post just to prove this but i think other people who are professional to this class do agree with regards to this matter. It's a small request that gives us the rangers a huge difference in the battle field.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users