wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Lets pray all the ppl in flight MH370 will be found save and sound. It's been 3rd days since the planes declared missing. ='(

#2 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

Pretty sure it's somewhere deep in the ocean.

But hopefully there are survivors to tell its tale. I also find it weird that there are no survivors either. Emergency exits + flotation devices anyone?

#3 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

=( My sister told me of this news, being a fellow Malaysian myself this hits home. I watched a lot of air craft documentaries and I'm afraid this is looking grim, but continue to pray for them... Hope they will also find the black box and find out what really happened.

#4 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

my dad's theory is that it blew up in mid-air. no distress calls or anything =/

#5 wasabee

wasabee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationDarkroom

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Im still waiting for the updates. Next press conference afternoon at Malaysia time. They said the plane might been hijacked but things still under investigation. 

#6 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

2 people were checked in using stolen passports (Italian and Austrian?) on a plane full of Asians. you wouldn't think that'd be suspicious

#7 pickleee

pickleee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Was gonna go back home this summer break with MA and after this happened mom is telling me to fly with some other Airlines :wah:

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Pretty sure it's somewhere deep in the ocean.

But hopefully there are survivors to tell its tale. I also find it weird that there are no survivors either. Emergency exits + flotation devices anyone?

When you hit the ocean from such a high, water is as hard as concrete. A water "landing" is a pretty bad scenario too.

#9 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

I feel bad for those who just want to get home and something like this crosses their path. The world is a sad place.

EDIT: not being a downer but the only thing thats going to be telling the tale is the blackbox, even that is being optimistic.

Edited by Baturiano, 09 March 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#10 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

You have to remember on a daily basis there's thousands of planes flying. For something like this to happen it's actually still quite rare. There has been air crash investigation that went on for years before they find the Blackbox and are able to backtrack everything that happened. But every time something like this happens, it's a lesson to learn and they WILL investigate it thoroughly and do their best to prevent it from happening again.

I'm just unsure how after so many years, passports can get stolen so easily and there was no way for the original owners to keep track of their own passport.. Just to see if it got used by someone else, like a credit card. o_O

I have always found Malaysia's airport security kind of relaxed and easy to get through, like bringing things from overseas they rarely do any agriculture check. There's warnings about death sentence for drugs importers but they don't really check when you go through the airports. (unless there's dogs around I guess) I get through Malaysia custom check so easily than I have to come into the United States. (got some instant noodles taken from me before at the US airports!)

Malaysian passports it's harder to be stolen these days to check in and out of the country because you are required to verify it via your thumb prints nowadays with the machine. I don't know about other countries though. It may take a while for them to get to the bottom to this. =<

#11 pickleee

pickleee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 968 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

You have to remember on a daily basis there's thousands of planes flying. For something like this to happen it's actually still quite rare.

Told mommy the same thing :p_laugh:
Just that something like this that just happened recently and coming from the airlines i was going to ride, well, she just feels insecure i guess

So i'll fly with another airline to put her heart at ease :ok:

#12 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

It's strange, something so big can be lost so easily.

#13 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

iirc, this thing happened to indonesian airline once or twice. all we had to is find the black box. been years since, and i dunno whether it's recovered or not. we didn't even care anymore.

it took weeks or maybe months until we forget about this issue

#14 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Things like this are tragic, but I can't see how people would hold out hope at this point.

#15 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

Should be allowed to bring parachutes with you.

#16 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

I heard the news yesterday, when my mother was watching the TV. I hope that it's just hijacked. I mean, I know it's still very bad, but at least the people will still be alive. Better than crashing and die, I guess.

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Didn't Amelia Earhart disappear around that region, too?

#18 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

NO stupid 'jokes' please!!!

#19 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

It's strange, something so big can be lost so easily.

If the plane blown mid-air, it isn't weird, especially since it happened above sea.

Hell, few years ago the same thing happened in my country and it's not happened above sea but inland, turns out the plane was blown mid-air and crashed in some mountain.

@spikexp

It happened more often than you think, most of them didn't get as much as attention because the planes crashed in our own country, not other country territories.

#20 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

I'm pretty sure the plane was consumed by blackhole and kept flying in "nothingness", which will probably be found somewhere in the next generation

#21 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'm pretty sure the plane was consumed by blackhole and kept flying in "nothingness", which will probably be found somewhere in the next generation

Captain's Log, Stardate 43154.4. Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the USS Enterprise. We are presently on approach to dormant vessel in the Neutral Zone; coordinates 1882,81,461. Initial scans have presented us with nil life-signs, and the vessel itself does not appear to hold records in any fleet database. Furthermore, upon visual inspection it does not appear capable of intergalactic travel. Due to these observations we remain on high alert until the situation has been properly assessed.

#22 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

It happened more often than you think, most of them didn't get as much as attention because the planes crashed in our own country, not other country territories.

we had problems we had to deal ourselves, let alone spending time for other countries'

#23 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

If the plane blown mid-air, it isn't weird, especially since it happened above sea.

Hell, few years ago the same thing happened in my country and it's not happened above sea but inland, turns out the plane was blown mid-air and crashed in some mountain.

:( The only thing you can take solace in is that if that is the case, they went quickly.

#24 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

it's sad that people have no sympathy for people from other countries. just because you don't live there doesn't mean you can't show some respect. no one is asking you to donate money to them or anything.

come to think of it, since i don't think the Malaysians are that stupid that they would mistake Asians for white people, it was probably white people that blew up the plane. -_- white racists

#25 twodaysago

twodaysago

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:14 AM

I hope, everyone is safe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users