#1 ErenJ

ErenJ

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

Hi Guys !! :p_hi:

I being using a monk !

So ! I want to know more about this class :yawn: !!

(Pros and cons ! Skills and stats builds !! Equips ...ect)

Ty :p_laugh:

#2 KaintheOmega

KaintheOmega

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationRussell Springs, KY
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:00 PM

Well, in a nutshell, we're a Main Tank class. Which means we find the boss or the most dangerous foe & handle it while the Off Tanks/DPS are taking care of the smaller enemies.

Pro:
We can stun a Boss at a 5% chance when using Heavy Tackle, which is the one thing unique to us.
INT gives us 2 AP & 2 Parry as well as STR giving us some hidden potential when combined with Titles, Cards, Accessories, etc.
AGI gives us more Dodge than most classes, supposedly making us the the most agile of the Tanks.
We have the second highest possible HP in game. Highest being Beastmasters. Combined with our other defense allows us to last a while in a fight.

Con:
We lack the AGI other classes do on equips, only climbing ahead of Knights in that respect.
No party/raid buffs unlike every other class.
No real AoE capability other than Lightning Crush.

Build ideas;
Currently Full AGI is a great stat build. Probably required for now as there are issues with the fact HIT comes from AGI. I'd recommend it even when fixed though, as we accumulate more Dodge from our bonus as well as gaining Critical. First & foremost is Steel Body & most likely it's counterpart Iron Skin, as we lack the heavier armor other classes do for this role. Maxing out Raging Blow, Crushing Blow, & Heavy Tackle allows us not only to output some burst threat, but occasional get off a Stun on a boss (as said above). Fury Explosion & Guillotine Fist combined with Summon Spirit Sphere is also a great choice as it allows us to deal a great amount of damage in so little time. More so if what we're fighting is down to 20% HP. Summon Spirit Sphere allows us to perform two consecutive Guillotine Fist finishers as well as let us double up on our other common tanking utility, Ki Protection; Flee; Lightning Walk, etc. Lastly Throw Spirit Sphere graints an additional 10-20% damage boost on a single target at a time for 15-25 seconds. I recommend leaving that at 1/5 until you can upgrade all your other skills though; As until 6/10 points (when you hit Master levels) it only increases the damage of the attack itself.

Equips are only Cloth armors & Knuckles which are exclusive to Monk.

If I've missed anything I'm sure the few other Monks in game will rely to this as well.

#3 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

What Kain said, although the Main Tank aspect is a stigma given from a previous version of the game, which people call Pre-AoV. Monk right now functions similar to a DPS and secondary tank should the main tank, which in the current state of the game are Warriors and Beastmasters given their above average stats fail. If the game ever get roles back into place, Monks were originally Main Tank due to their... defenses and only that, which matters little here now cause defensive formulas are different.

You either can dump points into defensive skills or just not put any points into defensive skills such as Iron Body and Intimidate while maxing out Steel Body for health only and keeping all your defensive skills like Flee at 0 and Protection Ki at 1 or 5 while trying to max out Raging Fist and G-Fist.

Regardless, you'll end up with the same build as every other monk eventually.

Edited by Meconopsis, 09 March 2014 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users