Why do I always get disconnected randomly? - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why do I always get disconnected randomly?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 teddytong

teddytong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:15 PM

The fact that it's 30 minutes exactly is a big clue, I think.

When you say 30 minutes exactly - when does it reset? When does it start counting?

For example, if you DC at 1:45, wait a few minutes, then reboot the computer and reconnect - do you get DC'ed at 2:15, or 30 minutes after the computer finished rebooting, or 30 minutes after you reconnected to RO? 

How exact is the timing? 30 mins +/- 0 seconds is clearly something intentionally DCing you.

After yesterday's maintenance, this is happening to me again!! It was such a luxury when there was no disconnection at all!! 

i got disconnected every 30 minutes again!!

#27 teddytong

teddytong

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

PUMP

After yesterday's maintenance, this is happening to me again!! It was such a luxury when there was no disconnection at all!! 

i got disconnected every 30 minutes again!!

PUMP

#28 rainbowichi

rainbowichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationPayon
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:45 AM

I've started playing RO more often this week, and I do agree that i'm also getting disconnected quite regularly than I used to remember when I played RO a few years back.

I'm going to try answering DrAzzy's Questions:
- Its usually random for me tho. And the message always says disconnected from the server. I was quite frustrated about that fact yesterday.
- I think it is a lag spike. I noticed when I'm playing actively on the field there would be times where my character would stop for a few seconds and then continue on. However the disconnection happens more frequently when I'm idle, or sitting down chatting with someone. That one conversation I had with a shadow chaser yesterday left me disconnecting more than 4 times at different time intervals, 10 minutes, 1 minute, 3 minutes.
- I use wi-fi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users