New Powers, New Friends, More Glory! March 13th Patch Notes v496 - Page 5 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Powers, New Friends, More Glory! March 13th Patch Notes v496

• Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

#101 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:17 AM

Wait Feur...every skill should have a counter skill.  So why would arties not be able to have the decloak skill.  It would make complete sense to me.  All classes should have it.  Then people can decide if they want to get it or not.

At this time on Leo the days of 4-5 clerics per side never happen now in CD.  It will be interesting after the update to see if that scenario ever happens again.  Hopefully CDs will go again more often after the update so we can test these changes.  

#102 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:38 AM

I think I may have miss worded my post. I'm all for Arti's having a decloak. Because I completely believe that all skills + stats + features have a counter. I was just responding with the past~ reason why it hasn't been done, and how that decision is still lingering. 

#103 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

how long will this box'es be in item mall ?

#104 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Figure it'll take a while considering it's a lot of changes, but any rough estimate on how long the maintenance will be?

#105 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

how long will this box'es be in item mall ?

Most likely until the end of March. 

#106 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

Random question, How long will this maintenance last?

#107 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

*readed posts in 2nd page* well i just will say all the classes arent op, they just call op cause wat? an couple of damage n dead?, and about ppl changing to raider nw due they new skills, n like Soda n SlowBob sayed ppl just use classe wich others ppls say  is the op, n dont chose the class they like more "example : dude best class is raider due they can kill any kind of class" thats such a big lie lol, is all about how they can play about the class, like i dont like mutch mage, even i like they ultra atack power, mage still can die, about champion, almost kinda same as an mage in power n etc, but, still can die

is all about how they play the char, not cause others ppls say that x class is the op from the game :|

i rlly love all the classes, idk wich one i love rlly mutch but is not cause that im saying *OMG THIS AXE CHAMPION SOOO OP* lol ._., i wanted even do many classes in my main acc x'D just for fun, i dont wana quit early rose ._. thats y i made new chars, i still even upgrading in draconis server lol o_o ^-^

resuming : ppl should chose the class wich they like most than chosing the class wich others ppls say is the op one ^-^, cause there's an moment than the guy dont like mutch the classe n wasted the time :\

#108 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Since this a lot is going in.. expect several hours. 

If we have a firm time, announcements will be made.

#109 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

a lot

#110 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Since this a lot is going in.. expect several hours. 

If we have a firm time, announcements will be made.

Ok thanks :)

a lot

Stop trolling me nab, I hope your wife gets home already! LOOOL! :rofl:

#111 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

ppl should chose the class wich they like most than chosing the class wich others ppls say is the op one ^-^, cause there's an moment than the guy dont like mutch the classe n wasted the time :\

If only alot of people have this mentality. Sadly even the old players (which some, are my friends) likes to play "OP" chars.

I just read it in game, someone saying, "if bow scouts are bad after this update then i'll switch to xbow". How dumb. Instead of improving their class, they chose to switch to another class instead.

#112 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Didn't you at some point have a plan to make DoT's work on charm?

Yes, at some point. :)

Off topic: sorry i just have to post this. I see tons of shops selling chiv/glor aurums the past couple of days. I guess these champs aren't liking the nerf on berserk and are now switching to the "new OP" class which for them is probably raider. teehee :>

Edit: They probably don't even read forums that's why they didn't notice that champs are immune to stuns and sleep (which is quite strong). Oh well, I just love seeing these newbs just following the trend on which class is the best at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I don't think raiders are OP this coming skill update but they definitely got the boost that they needed. We'll just see how strong they turn out in wars.

Players will always want to be the best and whenever any update comes through, opinions will shift, builds will be discovered and play styles adjust.

I appreciate the feedback. :) It will certainly be interesting to watch. I do agree, the stun/sleep immunity is a powerful addition, to an already powerful class. The hawker/raider/scout classes were under appreciated so their boost should help put them more on par with some other classes that are favored because they have something they can utilize that makes them feel powerful. That's pretty much all the goal was for those under appreciated classes.

Looks like it worked. But we'll keep watch to see how well it did.

So incase Leonis reads this I'm going to suggest that champs would still be immune to sleep and stun but only the long ranged skills. What I mean is, for example, skills like zulie stun, voltage jolt , impact arrow etc. wont have any effect on champs but close ranged stuns like Shield stun (Not sure about the name, its an xbow scout/knight skill) , daze attack and other close ranged stuns would have an effect on them.
Same as sleep. Long range sleep (Hypno Shot) wont have any effect on them but close range sleep (Sleep Cloud) would have effect on them.

When you give a resistance to a stat effect, you give it to the effect, not the skills that use the effect. There is no difference to how it is delivered, when it is the effect that's being resisted.

Well then, maybe half the effectiveness of stuns used the way rested works against sleep? Like, a 70% chance PvP Thunder Storm would instead only be 35% against a champ on berserk.

It's possible to make them reistant to the effects. We'll consider it, but for now, this is going to be in the game a while and we will watch how it affects game play. If it turns out it is too powerful, adjustments will be made.

I personally don't mind him asking questions, even if the answer has already been posted. It doesn't kill anyone to take a little time to be nice each other.

Well said pdfisher :) It really doesn't. And in fact, I would say it helps others who may skim over the answer to a question, but read it in another place within the thread/forum. There's no harm in sharing information if known, even if it's repeating an answer.

@everyone discussing builds, which class is best, etc. etc.,
I would like to share my thoughts on your arguments. :)
You all have strong opinions on build and play style. The fact that you don't have an agreement behind which is better is, to be perfectly honest, making me happy. Why? Because it shows that given your personal play style, you find one aspect of game play better than the other or something to be fearful of, if you're looking at it from the viewpoint of what you may have to deal with. In either case, a good discussion over how you think one class is able to be strong, with your experiences. To me it shows a good build, can be just that, a good build. :)

Asked this question before, but it didn't get answered. With the bourg buffs being made stackable, how will the combined bourg buffs (dual rigging, layer step, etc.) work?

They should still work the same in the line of how things changed. Or am I not understanding the question's intention?

Feuer, your suggestion behind berserk having a counter for reistance is interesting. But as I've stated earlier, we're going forward with the current setup and will watch for any needed adjustments to be made.

Wait Feur...every skill should have a counter skill. So why would arties not be able to have the decloak skill. It would make complete sense to me. All classes should have it. Then people can decide if they want to get it or not.

At this time on Leo the days of 4-5 clerics per side never happen now in CD. It will be interesting after the update to see if that scenario ever happens again. Hopefully CDs will go again more often after the update so we can test these changes.

Yes, "every skill should have a counter skill" is not the same as, and does not mean, every class should have a way to counter that skill.

But yes, I am always open to hear proposals and if it makes sense, adopt them either in part or fully. But it has to make sense. You can't just ask to have something, just because you want it, that's just wanting everything. There are specific weaknesses that were left in class designs for other to exploit through their strength(s). It's kind of what helps make a good game, something as simple as the concept of Rock, Paper, Scissors... we advance to make it more interesting, so we add Lizard, Spock, down the line. :)

There is a planned means for Artisans to have a detect function, but it isn't ready and we'll be working on it this year. We'll see how fast we can manage to get it out and working, along with the rest of the Artisan enhancements being worked on.

It's a fairly large patch with some backend updates needed to be done. We're not expecting it to be extremely long, because we did our full maintenance last week, so this is strictly for the update patch today. We're hoping an hour, but we've given a 3 hour window for comfort.

#113 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

If only alot of people have this mentality. Sadly even the old players (which some, are my friends) likes to play "OP" chars.

I just read it in game, someone saying, "if bow scouts are bad after this update then i'll switch to xbow". How dumb. Instead of improving their class, they chose to switch to another class instead.

Is all about classes weakness, even some players can surpass the class weakness by strategy :P, like i wana try, katar, bow, BA, 2 hand sword, axe (will be my main) n maybe more

like maybe all classes, xbow or bow isnt different, both are range weapons, just a lil different in atack or accuracy lol =_=

#114 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

i wish i could be a full aspeed cannon bourg again and actually be usefull ._.

#115 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

i wish i could be a full aspeed cannon bourg again and actually be usefull ._.

made full atack speed set n beat anyone in pvp 3:) xDDDDDD jking

#116 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

They should still work the same in the line of how things changed. Or am I not understanding the question's intention?

What I meant was, is anything for them planned, or will they just stay the same (in terms of which skills they share cooldowns with, etc.)

#117 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

What I meant was, is anything for them planned, or will they just stay the same (in terms of which skills they share cooldowns with, etc.)

Current concepts being considered are adding new passives that augment other skills within their tree. Like, adding secondary effects to active skills or certain conditions during combat.

#118 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Current concepts being considered are adding new passives that augment other skills within their tree. Like, adding secondary effects to active skills or certain conditions during combat.

Fair enough. But for now it'll just stay what it is I guess (although that's not too bad since it has some use still).

#119 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Yeah, not a whole lot was done for Bourgeois through this review, because it was an active class showing it was doing well and holding its own well enough. The new mechanics aren't without our own wishes to make each class have some use to them in some way. We think they could give some really cool benefits. But we didn't want to run overboard with everything and kept it under the scope of mainly addressing the major points which were the under appreciated-ness of the Hawker/Scout/Raider class and the Cleric, having strong direct heals and no real MP management concerns.

#120 jacobpalmer

jacobpalmer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

@everyone discussing builds, which class is best, etc. etc.,
I would like to share my thoughts on your arguments. :)
You all have strong opinions on build and play style. The fact that you don't have an agreement behind which is better is, to be perfectly honest, making me happy. Why? Because it shows that given your personal play style, you find one aspect of game play better than the other or something to be fearful of, if you're looking at it from the viewpoint of what you may have to deal with. In either case, a good discussion over how you think one class is able to be strong, with your experiences. To me it shows a good build, can be just that, a good build. :)

I could wholeheartedly agree with you if this was a different game, maybe one of the hugely popular mmorpg's where people spend 10 hours a day doing pvp.

This however is Rose online, and I can tell from just reading most of their comments that they rarely engage in pvp compared to other players of this game, I have spent the last couple of days discussing the update with players in training grounds and so far I would have to say about 30/40 players had no idea an update was coming and of the 10 that knew, only a few showed any interest (Point being, very few "hardcore" pvpers come to the forums).

So the little feedback you are getting is coming from people who really are not in a position to make comments on pvp and which classes are strongest.

Previous to this update, katar raiders were balanced, there is NO question in that and if you claim your raider isnt balanced, then well you should be looking at your char, not the game.

I appreciate you can only base updates on the feedback you are given, but I would suggest you attempt to look else where for the feedback, even kit yourself a char out and head into a pvp zone, you should soon get an idea how it all works. 

Oh and as a final note, pvp and "war pvp" is actually really balanced at the moment, it all comes down to team work at the moment rather than the composition of your team, but obviously your feedback is coming from someone with a half geared champ, raider or w/e saying that they are weak. 

I have no idea what I expected with this post, I suppose I felt the need to say something after reading all the ridiculous comments on this subject.

#121 jacobpalmer

jacobpalmer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

. But we didn't want to run overboard with everything and kept it under the scope of mainly addressing the major points which were the under appreciated-ness of the Hawker/Scout/Raider class and the Cleric, having strong direct heals and no real MP management concerns.

Just had to comment on this because well, im in a mood.

Scouts probably make up a good 30% of the players in pvp zones, they are very popular.

Raiders are also VERY popular, their unique level 200 weapon is the most expensive due to the demand (Although probably tied with sundering force).

So this update was designed to get more people playing those classes, yet hawker as a whole is probably the most popular pvp class? Oops.

#122 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

Just had to comment on this because well, im in a mood.

Scouts probably make up a good 30% of the players in pvp zones, they are very popular.

Raiders are also VERY popular, their unique level 200 weapon is the most expensive due to the demand (Although probably tied with sundering force).

So this update was designed to get more people playing those classes, yet hawker as a whole is probably the most popular pvp class? Oops.

To be honest he is right... i've been playing this game since 07  and the HAWKER ALWAYS BEEN the most popular pvp class  followed by champs.

#123 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

And those poor unpopular battle bourges xD They make up a modest, 5% of the gun/cannon PvP community? lol

#124 BarbieChi

BarbieChi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Is server running up already? I still cant log in :(

#125 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Is server running up already? I still cant log in :(

Yes, the servers are up and online. Make sure you get the patch :) If you left your client open during maintenance, you will want to close it and patch before trying to log in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users