#176 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

The awesome effect of diminishing system starts at 7000def points = lovely 70% defense rate (means you take 30% of the initial dmg).

After that point you would need to get more and more def to keep rising def rate(meaning you want that def% not the amount of def you have).

Knights could get close to 7000 def, thats like 67% def rate(if i recall, tiduspeco did a topic where are the value)

Warriors could get 8000def thats like 72%

And bms got over whooping 10000def which is 75% def rate. Meaning if you can get +7000 def from just making 2-3 armor piece to +20 from refining you would have normal tanks def :/

I would say defense %cap is like 80-90% but you would need over 20-30k def (which is srsly totally pointless when you dont gain athing from it).

If someone has more than 10-15k def would like to ask player to screenshot and show def% just to confirm this.

Refining armor is good for other than tank class, but from getting same def than a tank is just wierd seriously :/

Btw i played as a warrior with 3 pcs of +20 on armors and my headgear has +7.. just to be exact

as of now i already have 20890 Defense (i'll put screenies on it).. but having huge additional on my defense doesn't inflict any reduce on damage taken from monsters..

I have tested on FF and chaos dungeon..

#177 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

What is your def ratio as in %?

Easy to know with that :v

#178 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:37 AM

I guess now we need to know also how this penetration works 0_o

#179 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:33 AM

I forgot what Njoror said ingame of it but you have 3 scenarios:

Scenario 1 = You would be a Rogue with 4000 Def (Lets say just straight 40% def rate)  > Boss has 500 Penetration and normal hit is 10000dmg = Boss hits you as you have defense of 3500 equal of 35% def rate which would mean you take dmg equal of 65% = 6500 dmg per each hit :v. This is bad if your a caster/low defense character cause bosses likes to do big hits. On the other hand if a tank has 8000 def = 70% def rate that wouldnt matter much cause the higher the defense the higher the diminishing effect of the defense ( 8k def = 70%, 10k = 75%, 15k = 77% etc) so tanks are safe anyways but characters with low defense suffers the mosts (especially if its a "Hit everyone" skill.

Scenario 2 = Boss has +500 Penetration > this penetration is changed to Penetration % so lets say 10% penetration rate of the Flat defense amount = This effect affects mostly on tanks cause they have the highest amount of defense but thanks to diminishing effect if a tank has gotten lets say 10k def (75%) and loses 10% of the flat amount of 10k that is 1k defense so it would be 9k defense (72% defense rate). Doesnt affect much if you have lots of defense.

On the other hand Low defense classes dont suffer much either cause each 1k from 0-6k doesnt affect much on diminishing effect so you can think like 1k defense = 10% defense rate so you would only lose around 1%-5% refense rate the higher your defense is.

Scenario 3 = Boss has +500 Penetraton > Penetration transferred into 5% def rate taken out of your current def rate :v = Simply said if you have 10% def rate boss hits like you has 5% def rate ----> If you got 40% boss hits like 35% ----> if you got 75% def boss hits like you have 70%  def rate.  This scenario would be like "True penetration" which affects all same way and there is no safe spot really :v

(FYI = These scenarios are based on imagination amounts so these amount is not in what is in INGAME Ragnarok Online 2, just to show you the 3 scenarios which could happen :v)

Best Scenario would be Scenario 3 cause it affects everyone no matter how high/low defense you got, Hurts more on low def still like all time > Hurst more on the middle range of def amount > Hurts most on high defense amounts cause you arent protected by "How much def you have".

But now that i wrote this all i recalled what everyone said that day so the current penetration is Scenario 1 = +100 Penetration hits like you have current def - 100 defense which are then translated to Def rate etc :v

#180 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

mmm I don't think is the 3rd scenario because my knight suffer an heavier damage now but ligh geared classes are not suffering so much more damage so i'm orienred more for the 3rd scenario

#181 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Welp needs Njorors confirmations :/

#182 Luvnya

Luvnya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:58 PM

Welp needs Njorors confirmations :/

Or even better, a rollback all the way back to to Ragnarok Online 2:
The Legend of The Second, way before Ragarok Online 2: Advent of Valkyrie :p_angel: 

That means no more honing, penetration, random op, unfinished/buggy pointless
updates etc. I really hope for updates that actually will make the game fun to play,
and non-p2w, like player housing where all players have their own in-game house. 

Some other MMO games have this, and players love it. It's relaxing and they can invite
their friends to their houses, talk, have fun minigames and all that. Because Ragnarok
Online is not just about fighting (typical MMO games), but also about nice anime-fantasy style
places (day and night) and beautiful music, where players can relax from their everyday life :p_angel:

Edited by Luvnya, 16 March 2014 - 03:13 PM.

#183 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Not happening (Rollback i mean)

And guild housing comes next month (:v)

#184 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

Defense Calculations for Pandee using this Defense%=Defense/((Defense*.01)+(Level*.35)+8.7)
80% = 13280 Def

85% = 18813 Def

90% = 29880 Def

95% = 63080 Def

99% = 328680 Def (Yeah, that's 6 figures)

Apologies if I made any errors. My BM is just above 10k Def in Grizzly Form and I can still survive solo grinding mummies or Osiris just fine (Osiris can be handled in Bear Form). I do think armor penetration will help make the game less of a faceroll but I don't think it'll be viable or enough for the future because our defenses might not scale up to penetration stats at a good enough rate (unless the next 30 master levels will give us 3-6 times the defense we already have). For a band-aid solution that RO2 is famous for, it suffices to keep the game slightly more challenging. If hit/dodge ever get fixed, it might add some long-awaited challenge. I hope old raids have armor penetration added too, but I have yet to check.

Edit: I also want to note that I believe stat caps are not shown on the stat menu. Tested with a Wizard using Wind Emblem, Seal Explosion, Ymir, and Guardian which showed as 98% Cast Speed in my window but you can tell that it's 80% (Firebolt cast time capped at 0.2 seconds)

Edited by Arbalist, 16 March 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#185 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

so meaning if i do the math correctly i have around = 86% def rate as of the moment..?

#186 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

That's what it says for my calculator but it would be better for you to log on and tell us what it says in your stat window to confirm. I am aware that there was a bug where your refined gear gave less def than it said, but I'm not sure if this is still there. For example, if your +1 gave +7 Def, the Character window only shows +3 Def. Of course, it shouldn't matter here, since we're looking at your Character window anyways.

#187 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

I am so confused with the past couple of pages in this thread.

First of all, yes you can still solo Osiris, but it will take you a full hour to kill only the bosses (excluding trash mobs).

I don't know if defense is capped for players but I've heard a few people having that problem with honing their gear.

Yes, mobs have added defense, and have armor penetration as well. So they take 2-3 times longer to kill, and hit almost twice as hard. That is not *challenging* at all, it's tedious and stupid imo.

You can easily 2-5 man the trash mobs the same as before for MP grinding, starting at ML13. Just gotta watch the tank's HP bar a tad more, and again, takes 2-3 times as long as it did before.

*sigh*  :p_sick:

2-3 Times longer?? You must be doing something wrong or have a really bad party comp. Even if it were 2-3 times longer it's still a few seconds per group.

#188 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

2-3 Times longer?? You must be doing something wrong or have a really bad party comp. Even if it were 2-3 times longer it's still a few seconds per group.

Solo killing lol, with a group it was only noticeable when we were all ML13-ML19.

#189 Henin1987

Henin1987

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Great Gravity this awesome i die i lost 8k mp... master level, always grinding, honing patch, penetration, many mp lost for die. Congrats the dying game^^

#190 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Great Gravity this awesome i die i lost 8k mp... master level, always grinding, honing patch, penetration, many mp lost for die. Congrats the dying game^^

http://forums.warppo...-death-penalty/

The death penalty isn't correct.

We've reported the issue, and are looking into it.

#191 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

IDK you guys but i don't feel this new def in osyris is so bad i can still farm MP whit quite the same speed as before but at last now i have to use an healer in my group or my poor knight will die >.< But is a dungeon so it has to be like this !!! I can't talk about bosses because there is no way to find a party (i need knight osi recipes T_T ), and i guess field monster's defence need to be reverted but not osiris normal monsters.

#192 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:28 AM

Actually, it take us around 8 minutes to finish a run, not double of the time

uhhh, suggestion to a faster than 8minute run, considering most of your party is using sinister, choose wisely who to invite in the party, a lvl 20 cres not maxed out is awesome enough to do AoE, if u can get 2 of them it will make it easier for the tank to live and it takes, lets say from the freyjan (earth property), less than 1minute to finish them all off. choose the class wisely is all im saying, balance the weak dps fromt he strong ones :D

#193 LostDreamer

LostDreamer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 662 posts
  • LocationExodus
  • Server:odin

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

my knight still soloes osiris no problem , just takes longer then before. thats pretty much it,

#194 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

my knight still soloes osiris no problem , just takes longer then before. thats pretty much it,

GOOD but i see you are ML 20 Osiris geared (i guess)

and countless other bonuses given by runes costumes etc.

Osiris is a dungeon full of lv 67 monsters so i guess it has to be done by ML 17 players whit at max joser gears whit. Them geras will be most 2 stars so also the honing won't be so powerfull. So the real question is can a ML 15-17 well equipped whit no special P2W objects except VVIP, soloed that dungeon? The answer is NO for half of the classes in game and not for the high defence or the high damage but for the high miss rate they suffer. So the actual condition of Osiris mobs that are made for 5 men parties are good, but not the actual condition of Dayr desert mobs that are way to powerfull and they are meant to be soloed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users