Back from long hiatus - Game dead? Mandatory PK? - Server Discussions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Back from long hiatus - Game dead? Mandatory PK?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Demtd

Demtd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

Thought I would re-download the game after a long break and start a new character. Found it odd that there seemed to be loads of servers and now just one. I found out once getting to level 30 that PK is a mandatory feature and that you have to buy protection items if you don't want to be constantly killed by other players. The game now compared to when I used to play (due to bored of grind and mori patch) seems like a ghost of what was a brilliant game. 

I think the PK has a lot to do with this. The game originally seemed to be about raids and grind with the option to pvp and pk in events such as Ion mine. I really hope that the developers see sense but I doubt it. I will keep playing for now to experience the game more fully but if the PK situation stays the same I can't see myself or many other new players/potential revenue staying around. 

#2 jerome15

jerome15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNY, USA
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

The pk protection isn't a bad option except for the bugs that come with it

#3 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

Game is dead because of lack of content that isn't centered around the item mall, not because of PK primarily.

This game is not new player friendly unless you're willing to $_$ for both pve and pvp "content".
I mean look at the joke "new items" the "new" devs added in order to help new players, they're completely inferior to other things a player could get and work on with a low budget.

There are much better alternatives to play out there, I don't advise wasting time here but ultimately it's your decision ^^

#4 FireBee

FireBee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

The start is slow but the new dev team are at least trying to make the game a better place. They do admit to stearing clear of the forum and focus more on facebook updates as this is where the most people are. 

Toxic community they say on the forums.

pmuu.jpg

#5 Mythdra

Mythdra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Trif

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:59 PM

see that's where the issues lies they can spend all day on FB crap but at the end of the day if it wasn't for us players who have been around since S1 and us "mallwhores" they wouldn't have a Facebook server to go to. they would of died...years ago as many to this day believe they should have PvE here is a joke PvP here is a joke. want to go.PvP play W.o.W our "PvP" consists of people getting one/two kills ahead of other team and sitting in safe zone. doesn't matter if 2 minutes remain for battle or 20 minutes. get 2 kills more sit in SZ. its crap and its a joke. don't bother wasting time you'd be better off plying Powerpuff Girls Online...

Edited by Mythdra, 13 April 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#6 AngelOfFunk

AngelOfFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

hey, old player here........coming back to the motherland, this is the mother server right? the one back back in the day you got like 15 days free and then had to pay monthly to play...............well.....i played that and got to level 62........stopped playing and went to private servers.................well now im tired of all the high rates and crap and being able to solo every mvp........i miss the days of old when i, a weak low leveled archer would go to grind somewhere and passing me would be an mvp hunting team, knight and priest always, wizard, hunter.......always made differently when a new one passed, but they were so cool and i always wanted to be one of them.....im sure people are strong enough to solo some mvps now......but im also sure there are some you cant do alone.............................my concern is how dead is this server......i hope theres still a nice flow of people.

#7 AngelOfFunk

AngelOfFunk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:45 AM

also, theory, this new movie thor: ragnarok it is possible for a google search.....i dont think many will be.....but they could be brought to the game, if only for a short time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users