PvP/Bg/WoE ideas from a sinx - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PvP/Bg/WoE ideas from a sinx

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 patch

patch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

Hiyaa ever1! Wassup? Here are a view of my ideas I was thinkin about during maint this morning.. ^ ^

BG Poison Bottles? The BG catalogue offers a blue potion which funds champs g.fist skill, but if I want to enchant deadly poison it hurts my pocket >< $$$#! and karvo is simply too rare to make good bulk amounts of EDP.

BG Speed Potions? Another thing I just can't seem to find enough of...
--------------------------
Backslide vs. Snap...

In my WoE experience, I see a lot of champions snapping around at the speed of light, and to keep up (or evade) I have to burn speed potions, while they are only using SP. They can even snap out of snares! I always find champions standing in 1 spot in WoE seemingly afk, but its a glitch in result of snapping; they aren't even there. Backslide skill is disabled in WoE, where Snap remains enabled. Champion is OP, and in result you are seeing a lot of champ heavy guilds, and less of everything else. I'm requesting that backslide be enabled to match the champ, or just disable snap in WoE / BG. What do you guys think?
-------------------------
Shout ability!

How can I gain ability to shout? Do I ask here or send a ticket to gm's? I know a few of you guys have it for rounding up ppls to BG. I want it to bring people into and restore the seemingly deserted PvP arena, as I'm always in there hoping it will pick up..

what you guys think? all thoughts are appreciated! thx 4 reading - "tashiro."

#2 Renarain

Renarain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

for the shout I think you may be talking about the npc who trys to round up people for bg. its not a player. though im not 100% sure on if their arnt people who actually have this ability.

if backslide is disabled for woe I do think that's kinda unfair. just like how endure should be enabled too. by asking for just the sins however a lot of other classes will complain about unfair. I think snap should just be disabled or allow all classes to use all their skills during woe.

for that matter, why are certain skills disabled during woe? if they find a skill is game breaking in woe why have it in the game at all? its unfair is a swordsman uses endure and cannot be pushed back, but its perfectly fine for a champion to fly around a map like a maniac? either all skills should be enabled or every class's similar skill should be disabled.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

EDP is a far stronger skill than gfist, which is nullified by neutral resistance and safety wall. Also, a champion must burn multiple SP items making it more expensive for a one shot skill, whereas a sinx can pop of many kills with one EDP.

karvo from BG wouldn't be bad, but not poison bottles. And not in large numbers either.

Backslide.

Backslide is a quest skill which requires no sacrifice of skill tree points to obtain, snap however requires 47 skill points to be used. It is an expensive skill. Also snap is somewhat powerful, backslide should not be enabled.

Snap also requires spheres which can be taken away. Backslide has no such prerequisite.

LASTLY. SinXs attacking then backsliding immediately afterwards? No thanks. At least snap requires you to move the cursor to target your escape (plus tbh you have to sp>sss>snap) where as a sinx can blindly be HURRRRDURRR SONIC BLOW BACKSLIDE without any real thought or playing ability.

As a sinx, I say that would be stupid. So no. Don't enable backslide.

-Xellie

Edited by Xellie, 12 March 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#4 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

I agree percent 100. Soul link sinx should EDP free cost of karvo potions.

Snap should be 100 sp user per. Sliding backwards need enabling. 

I agree percent 100 with Renarian. Make it so other class don't be knock back in woe, not just swordsman job. Enable endure in woe.

-Gn1ydnu

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 12 March 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#5 patch

patch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

thx.., yea balance out the knockback/celljumping skills cmon gm's!
question: does magnum break free the target from a fiberlock? does snap? does hiding? I been hearing lots of dif answer,

mindless!TT /omg when navigating via backslide I'm clicking the cells in front of me to predict where I will end up in reverse..if not quick one can easily backslide into a wall and get toasted. cmon xellie backslide is so cool an u kno it ^w^

---------------------------------------------------------><''
bravery badges -> karvo & speed potion so can continue to play the game and enjoy =.=

Edited by patch, 24 March 2014 - 03:20 AM.

#6 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Magnum Break is fire property, so it removes Fiber Lock and does additional damage as per Fiber Lock's debuff. Hiding doesn't seem to remove it, nor does snap. You'll just be immobile when you reach the cell you clicked.

Most people use /bingbing and /bangbang to orient themselves when backsliding.

~ Don't propose messing with skill balance because you find certain things "cool". "Cool" doesn't provide competitive balance.

If it did, then Tracking should headshot everyone and proc Coma at a 100% chance  :p_smile:

#7 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

I'm a foreigner just entering the RO world, but it seems to me that the only type of PvP that you guys want is the tank/spank/heal type, with no control or movement allowed, just keep spamming pots and hitting the hardest hitting skill until something dies.

I find this to be the most boring type of PvP ever.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

thx.., yea balance out the knockback/celljumping skills cmon gm's!
question: does magnum break free the target from a fiberlock? does snap? does hiding? I been hearing lots of dif answer,

mindless!TT /omg when navigating via backslide I'm clicking the cells in front of me to predict where I will end up in reverse..if not quick one can easily backslide into a wall and get toasted. cmon xellie backslide is so cool an u kno it ^w^

check out my RO vid guys,, -> https://www.youtube....h?v=BnEZFlH1_MI

ps..how do u upload 1080p on youtube?
---------------------------------------------------------><''
bravery badges -> karvo & speed potion so can continue to play the game and enjoy =.=

It's brainless to just snap backwards

Whats the difference? A champ has to summon a sphere before he can get away and on that note, there is hard delay between snap and fist.

For it to be balanced the following would have to apply

Backslide would require some kind of status/pre-req to be used (like spheres) that can be taken away

A delay would have to follow backslide to prevent BS>SB shenanigans.

Sins already have cloak, what more do you want?

Regarding fiberlock, if you are hit bt a fire property atk it will break the fiber, but, that doesn't mean you can MB yourself out of it. That used to be the case but it doesn't work and no you can't escape from it with hide either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users