Classic Event! Design a headgear effect for the 4 Leaf Clover in Mouth! - Page 7 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Event! Design a headgear effect for the 4 Leaf Clover in Mouth!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#151 Fables

Fables

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

hey every1 letz redirect our rage at the headgear effect choice and not each other

thx

~*unity in classic*~

#152 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

hey every1 letz redirect our rage at the headgear effect choice and not each other

thx

~*unity in classic*~

Please.

#153 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:53 AM

I kind of feel sorry for you, dawnte, posting your ign like that...

Just remember to use /ex name if people harass you.

i'd be scared to get nasty pms too on a server i dont play on

#154 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

They should just add the +3 luk to the 4 leaf-clover and never made this kind of event again.

Its disheartening since we were expecting something useful, even the tiniest bit would do. But instead we get an "unlucky-bugged" effect and an "outdated-obsolete" one.

Way to cheer the community!

Edited by Panteperu, 19 March 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#155 raimu

raimu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

I don't usually complain, but.. is it true the winner doesn't even play Classic?  That's grand.  I already spend 90% of my time leveling as an orc face, I guess I get to spend 100% of the time now with my headgear all diagonal and hanging sideways off my face.

#156 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

i love the orcish face... it's so bad :p_love:

#157 sunshadowaz

sunshadowaz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:09 AM

Orcish face 0_O"

I don't like that ugly face T T

But the +3Luk is nice.

#158 BatchoY

BatchoY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:12 AM

just please remove the other effect and leave the luk +3 for the headgear to be useful. :sigh:

and please dont put an event nor ask the community anymore cause its just heartbreaking to see how u guys destroy the game/server we love to play.

just put patch and disable the comments on it. :surrender:  

#159 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:13 AM

just make it so it only triggers with orc headress (the useless acc bound quest one) :heh:

#160 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:26 AM

I could see it having a chance to temporarily dye your hair green, but not transform your whole head.

#161 kingcobrabiters

kingcobrabiters

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

wow... why? orc face? discount? is that what patrick day is about? is that irish at all?  can you just take those effect out and leave it as +3 luck please? 

#162 Kreonix

Kreonix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

The effect will be based on dawnte and Hikari Yari's suggestions: 

+3 Luck
Enables use of level 1 discount 
Has a low chance to give players an orcish face temporarily when physically attacking. 

This effect is one of the worst that has been implemented in the game with regard to concept headgear. I may be redundant and others might have tackled my point but this is totally unacceptable. Implementing a level 1 discount for a character is practically useless as there exists items which have been in the game like pirate skel card. Also, one can just spend 30 minutes of his time, making a merch and do a better job. But what has bothered me the most is the second effect. It defeats the ultimate purpose of the name of the item which is "lucky clover." So there is a small chance to be an orc while leveling, that small chance is considered to be your luck in getting what you do no want; as I assume that most people negatively regard the orc face except for the drunken bafoon that have suggested it.

Like most of the players have said, fix this please. This is not a positive contribution for the classic community.

#163 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

When theres an event like this they choose the top ideas (not over powered obviously).

Then make a poll where you can vote.

Then the GM can SEE who the winner is.

I mean if the GMs did it this way it would be ALMOST impossible for even them to mess it up.  But I have learned never to under estimate them at giving the community exactly what they DONT want.

#164 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

I would also like to point out that it is not the original suggestor's fault that the GMs decided to -_- over this item.

I seriously doubt they expected to win.

They also feel pretty bad about this, I'm not sure they're happy or proud to have won.

Thanks, GMs.

#165 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Other ideas:

When attacking snake type monsters (snake, boa, isis, snake lord, etc) all your attacks will miss because they're fleeing you.

Runs all your messages through a heavy accent filter. That's whispers and regular says. Chatrooms included!

When equipping it, your size is halved (like baby classes).

10% chance of provoking a nearby monster when taking physical damage.

Small chance of a -30 flee debuff to symbolize how St. Patrick didn't run from enemies of the church.

Cannot be worn by priest classes, to symbolize how leprechauns were afraid of priests.

1% chance of being mugged when attacking, because you're a perpetual drunk in public.

1% chance of falling asleep when attacking, because you're a perpetual drunk in public.

When you die, you respawn in a random town because you forgot which house was yours.

#166 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

i don't even play classic but what the hell,

Wait, I missed this.  Now it's really unacceptable.  It's now, forever, a renewal player crapping on classic players item.

I would also like to point out that it is not the original suggestor's fault that the GMs decided to -_- over this item.

I seriously doubt they expected to win.

They also feel pretty bad about this, I'm not sure they're happy or proud to have won.

Thanks, GMs.

True, but if it wasn't suggested in the first place, especially by someone who doesn't even play classic, it wouldn't of been an option.

#167 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

Found by the Raccoon HURRAY! Squad on the side of the road, you have acquired this item some how. You feel the power of the Raccoons have leaked into this item. 

Attached to the bottom is a small tag that reads 'Something Wonderful is about to happy.'
+3 Luk
Enables the Use of level 1 Discount
Small chance of other random effects.

(Yes Orc face is in there but it is very rare.. I mean it is a rare chance of a rare chance to proc it).

#168 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:38 AM

Wait, I missed this.  Now it's really unacceptable.  It's now, forever, a renewal player crapping on classic players item.

True, but if it wasn't suggested in the first place, especially by someone who doesn't even play classic, it wouldn't of been an option.

The Orc Head suggestor does play Classic. I really don't want to see them hated on because of this - they are a legitimately nice person who likely didn't even expect to win.

#169 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

(Yes Orc face is in there but it is very rare.. I mean it is a rare chance of a rare chance to proc it).

SfaQhDg.gif

Seriously, just remove any negative random effect. If the effects are that rare, it would be unlucky clover if the proc was wasted on a bad one.

#170 BatchoY

BatchoY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

can we have definition of very rare please?... :p_swt:  well... unless the chance is 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 i can call it very rare... :p_omg: but still, it will proc?.. right?... :yawn:

seriously to put something bad/unwanted on a great item is really :p_sick: ...

#171 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:03 AM

There are 9 random effects that can happen at a very low chance. Only 2 of those are negative. The can only proc when a character gets punched in the face by a monster or in pvp by another character.

#172 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

If they are that rare and nobody wants them, why have them in the first place though? I mean, this was supposed to be a headgear designed by the players. It's like a real version of those Corrupt a Wish threads.

#173 nayapon

nayapon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

I don't like orc face!

very rare? low chance? but.. it's Unlucky!!

Edited by nayapon, 19 March 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#174 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Unfortunately upon testing the random chances were having a less than desirable effect. We have dropped them from the item. It will now only give +3 luk and enable the user of level 1 discount.

#175 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*moves away silently*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users