「VOTING END」 Ongoing MMOBomb.com Ultimate F2P Showdown! (beware page 69) - Page 82 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 16 votes

「VOTING END」 Ongoing MMOBomb.com Ultimate F2P Showdown! (beware page 69)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#2026 Greys

Greys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationVenezuela
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

DO IT OMG I WANNA SEE THIS HAPPEN

WHAT?! I don't get it.

#2027 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

I'm not usually one to jive to such banter, but I'll bite this time.

Waah...Waaaaaaaaaahh...

"Edited to what I heard."

That doesn't make sense. AT ALL.

Not really. Only seeing the numbers we can confirm if the poll was really "legit" or not.

If they aren't showing them, it just means they are hidding something.

I thought the poll was stupid from the beginning. You can't claim a legit result when you have such rampant cheating from either side, and you certainly cant claim any sort of a legitimate poll when you refuse to release the results.

Imagine if our US presidency was determined by a collective vote, but we never got the numbers, and we were just told "oh, this guy won and this other guy lost, but we can't show you the numbers because it could benefit the people who may have used stolen names or those of dead people and cause conflicts."

You see what's happening there?

Edit- I wouldn't be so frustrated if we got the real numbers with 0 cheaters. I'm more concerned with seeing how each community is doing, especially RO considering, well, I play this game.

And to clarify what I said before Teto, I won't play mabi because of the maturity level of their players. I prefer to surround myself with responsible respectful people. I wont play a nexon game because they have a horrid customer service history. Better?

Edited by Tkwan, 24 March 2014 - 01:02 PM.

#2028 1262225918

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

I stopped leveling to save my BMx3 for nothing :p_sleep:

Edited by 1262225918, 24 March 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#2029 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Actually going to be a half exp event, as collective punishment. 

OMG REALLY?!  I want to request -90% base exp +50% Job Exp event :>

#2030 Greys

Greys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

Imagine if our US presidency was determined by a collective vote, but we never got the numbers, and we were just told "oh, this guy one and this other guy lost, but we can't show you the numbers because it could benefit the people who may have used stolen names or those of dead people and cause conflicts."

Like Venezuela? I do really know how it feels.  :p_sick:

#2031 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm not usually one to jive to such banter, but I'll bite this time.

"Edited to what I heard."

I thought the poll was stupid from the beginning. You can't claim a legit result when you have such rampant cheating from either side, and you certainly cant claim any sort of a legitimate poll when you refuse to release the results.

Imagine if our US presidency was determined by a collective vote, but we never got the numbers, and we were just told "oh, this guy one and this other guy lost, but we can't show you the numbers because it could benefit the people who may have used stolen names or those of dead people and cause conflicts."

Isn't that how voting for the President in the US worked during the times of George W Bush?

oh wait no they just had a recylce bin next to them where they just threw in 90% of the votes that were Non-Bush, i'm sorry :3
You really can't compare RL Polls to Internet Polls. That's about the same as comparing Mabi and RO or Apples and Oranges.

#2032 mewi

mewi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

*does a dance* either its MMOBomb being lazy about it and they didn't do a good job with cleaning it up, they didn't care and posted fake numbers, they secretly favor Mabinogi thereby rigged it.

The last one is a stretch but... ever since this started... they have made an effort to venerate Mabinogi's votes as 'legit' .. it is kind of obvious there is some favoritism going on here.

or Mabinogi just had better botters ;p

Either way it is going to suck for whoever has to go up against those bots.

Isn't that how voting for the President in the US worked during the times of George W Bush?

oh wait no they just had a recylce bin next to them where they just threw in 90% of the votes that were Non-Bush, i'm sorry :3
You really can't compare RL Polls to Internet Polls. That's about the same as comparing Mabi and RO or Apples and Oranges.

Al Gore didn't win it was a lie! Brush is too legit to fail! *sarcasm*

Edited by mewi, 24 March 2014 - 12:59 PM.

#2033 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

i think it was the MMOBomb people who cheated the polls to make more drama thus driving up the action on their site...

#2034 NarueNiina

NarueNiina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

I like you.

#2035 rentboy999

rentboy999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

That doesn't make sense. AT ALL.

Not really. Only seeing the numbers we can confirm if the poll was really "legit" or not.

probably had trouble telling which votes are real and which are not so they just pulled some numbers out of their ass

#2036 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Honestly, a lot of this could've been avoided if MMOBomb had bothered to spend the $1 on the security for each poll. At least it would've slowed botters down to the point of making them near-ineffective.

Hopefully, in the future, MMOBomb actually thinks before it acts. The world's not pristine.

Basically, it was a not-really very serious poll that was taken far too seriously by some people in both communities and (admittedly) with both sides' staff promising rewards it blew things out of proportion. I am sure MMOBomb isn't "hiding" anything or anticipated that there would be problems with people voting more than a hundred times, because this is an informal fan poll with no prizes being given to the winner, only bragging rights. 

This takes nothing away from the players who got out the vote and rallied around their favorite game but I think people should calm down a bit. 

Like siddown SON ya ain't gotta git mad, y'all thinking it's halliburton, hangin' chads and Iraq and some ish.

#2037 MeteorD

MeteorD

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Imagine if our US presidency was determined by a collective vote, but we never got the numbers

7I8Q4.jpg

That would've made the Russian election alot less controversial.

#2038 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Mabi just had more voters.

No need to conspiracy theory things.

iRO has maybe 2-3K players at any given time.

Mabinogi has more than that. 

iRO went the nostalgia route and rallied various communities

to be honest, the moment we got more players on our servers we won as a "game" because more people is what makes MMORPGS more fun.

#2039 mewi

mewi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Like siddown SON ya ain't gotta git mad

Nuuu need to rip MMOBomb apart for being bad Apples! D:

#2040 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

If you don't trust them now, why would you trust anything they decide to release?

Honestly, a lot of this could've been avoided if MMOBomb had bothered to spend the $1 on the security for each poll. At least it would've slowed botters down to the point of making them near-ineffective.

Hopefully, in the future, MMOBomb actually thinks before it acts. The world's not pristine.

They did spend $1 on "security"--that's how they were able to see IPs.

The whole fiasco could have been avoided if the poll had been given the full attention it deserved: none.

#2041 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Accusations arent any good

Dont be sour about it :/

Let's just see how the next round goes if it obviously get resetted again or something seems illegit then we would know who's doing it is but the thing is I'm not sure if Mabinogi is getting something for winning the next round so if you could enlighten me about this subject I'd appreciate it.

You shouldn't vote for a game just because you don't like the Community of the other game, if you do that you're not worth more than the cheaters that made this poll a bad expirience for both of our communities.
I'd even go as far to say you're worth even less if you step to such stupid ways just to show how much of a bad loser you are.

1st of all I do think Planetside 2 is better than Mabinogi but even if it wasn't really better I'd still vote Planetside 2, why should I abstain from voting OR vote for Mabinogi who could still have possibly cheated, since I haven't seen the numbers yet. Voting for Mabinogi would be the same as supporting the cheaters on the Mabinogi side.

#2042 NarueNiina

NarueNiina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

to be honest, the moment we got more players on our servers we won as a "game" because more people is what makes MMORPGS more fun.

All these assumptions, including yours, are just that: assumptions.

They will ever be until we see the "real" numbers, which that never happens because MMOBomb can just write down any number they want.

#2043 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

SIDDOWN SON

#2044 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Who won?

#2045 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Me. 

#2046 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

the poll was mabi VS Ragnarok online

not mabi VS iRO

there's quite a good number of people who play and enjoy Ragnarok online outside of iRO so uh.. yeah

#2047 MeteorD

MeteorD

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSweden

If you don't trust them now, why would you trust anything they decide to release?

We want to see if the numbers are actually realistic or if they failed to remove several illegitimate votes

#2048 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

You always win Oda :(

#2049 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

Only thing I have to question is the previous post they made listening a the top few botted ip's and the amount of votes that RO had to have lost to end up at 46% doesn't really add up =o

#2050 mewi

mewi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:08 PM

SIDDOWN SON

YOU

http://img2.wikia.no...id_Portrait.jpg

http://upload.wikime..._Arrow_Icon.png

http://free.cliparto...Smiling-Sun.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >___<

Edited by mewi, 24 March 2014 - 01:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users