「VOTING END」 Ongoing MMOBomb.com Ultimate F2P Showdown! (beware page 69) - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 16 votes

「VOTING END」 Ongoing MMOBomb.com Ultimate F2P Showdown! (beware page 69)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#76 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

Can we not get the GMs to announce it in game?

Set it on a loop like the, [DO NOT GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT OR FACEBOOK INFO TO PEOPLE] / [GMS WILL NEVER ASK FOR PASSWORDS] messages.

Sure, they can do that.

It may not be possible outside of maintenance time though.

#77 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

Can we not get the GMs to announce it in game?

Set it on a loop like the, [DO NOT GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT OR FACEBOOK INFO TO PEOPLE] / [GMS WILL NEVER ASK FOR PASSWORDS] messages.

Yeah. Tell them that we will have 2x EXP bonus if we win to attract more attention.

Me? Oooh, I have my own strategy to make RO win the vote. >:3

#78 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

Yeah. Tell them that we will have 2x EXP bonus if we win to attract more attention.

Me? Oooh, I have my own strategy to make RO win the vote. >:3

Fine be that way.

:p_angel:

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 16 March 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#79 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

:p_angel:

NO! Those Mabinogi spies might see that and steal our strategy.  :p_ang:

#80 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Dynamic IP. Flick the router on and off. Vote a billion times.

:p_devil:

Cheater!

Anyway, what if we got the message on a loop by next maintenance, that would leave us two days to notify everyone on the server.

#81 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

Cheater!

Anyway, what if we got the message on a loop by next maintenance, that would leave us two days to notify everyone on the server.

You there! Remove Almr's quote or the spies will read our secret! >:v

#82 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 02:45 AM

I swear we should merge forums with Mabi if only for this comp. It's hilarious.

On a light note, my bait was DAI SUCCESS. They really don't have that much in the way of exposure. In fact, our CMs have done more for this competition than theirs have. That's saying A LOT.

Now to get heavy. Sunar didn't delete my super secret plan that MMOBomb already checks for, so the great scheme that wasn't going to work still isn't going to work.

SO WE HAVE TO PLAY FAIR!

I know, that's not the way we here at iRO do things, but we can't Deluge the Emp IRL. Too many mods.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 17 March 2014 - 02:46 AM.

#83 chrissomerry

chrissomerry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationFederal Republic of Aurelia
  • Server:Either/or

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:22 AM

Lols (on the idea of a forum merge)

This vote better hurry up. I've made a playlist out of the Mabignogi boss battle music and it's converting me :o I... I even tried the game...

Next I'll drop iRO and FF14 and just be playing Mabinogi! :o

But on a serious note, what's the general ETA on the vote for RO vs Mabinogi/Nogimabi/Mobinagi whatever it's called? So I can just tune out until then~ *ahem* I mean, make sure I don't miss it.

Edited by chrissomerry, 17 March 2014 - 03:37 AM.

#84 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

I've noticed a reduction in botter player amounts for the past few months.

From 5000 since Steam launch, to 2500-3000 today which seems to be consistent.

In my opinion, tendencies are moving away from MMORPG's altogether.

After the Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3 fiasco's and soon to be Skyrim Online etc etc etc, I personally can't tolerate

the addition of bot farms, third party program users and other such types, online.

This gives great leeway to console games or other single player PC games that don't sport said downfalls.

It also generates a wave of people not wanting to purchase games, having been burnt by publishers in the past.

I personally won't be voting, since this is yet another publicity scam.

Edited by Alicia, 17 March 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#85 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

Lols (on the idea of a forum merge)

This vote better hurry up. I've made a playlist out of the Mabignogi boss battle music and it's converting me :o I... I even tried the game...

Next I'll drop iRO and FF14 and just be playing Mabinogi! :o

But on a serious note, what's the general ETA on the vote for RO vs Mabinogi/Nogimabi/Mobinagi whatever it's called? So I can just tune out until then~ *ahem* I mean, make sure I don't miss it.

Schedule:
M 2/24: Warrior Division, Round 1
W 2/26: Cleric Division, Round 1
F 2/28: Rogue Division, Round 1
M 3/3: Wizard Division, Round 1

W 3/5: Warrior Division, Round 2
F 3/7: Cleric Division, Round 2
M 3/10: Rogue Division, Round 2
W 3/12: Wizard Division, Round 2

F 3/14: Warrior Division, Semi-Finals
M 3/17: Cleric Division, Semi-Finals
F 3/21: Rogue Division, Semi-Finals (RO vs. Mabinogi)
M 3/24: Wizard Division, Semi-Finals

F 3/28: Warrior & Cleric Divisions, Finals
M 3/31: Rogue & Wizard Divisions, Finals

F 4/4: Warrior vs. Cleric Division winners, Rogue vs. Wizard Division winners
M 4/7: The Final Match-up!

e: added this schedule to the OP.

Slightly off-topic.

I've noticed this too, but the old faces don't seem to be budging. Perhaps the Steamers entered this game expecting something a bit different.

We don't have the amenities expected of a 21st Century MMO. This is the badlands of Online Gaming  :p_smile:

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 17 March 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#86 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

Bite me

You're probably right of course.

I guess I just don't like the word Bomb.

Edited by Alicia, 17 March 2014 - 04:19 AM.

#87 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:31 AM

Sounds pretty bomb to me.

#88 matsurika

matsurika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:04 AM

This is making me mad.

g4pv685.png

#89 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:10 AM

Seriously, no one should be changing their IP or using different location's Internet to allow themselves more than one vote in this contest. I'm not only saying this for the sake of us here, but also for those watching this thread. The contest is a for-fun activity and MMOBomb is not handing out prizes to those who win. The only thing we are getting out of this is our own enjoyment in the contest, the possible prize offered by our GMs, and being noticed by others who do not play our games. The being said, why would you cheat? To show that your game is better than someone else's? To win the special event that is being offered? I can say that only that latter makes sense to me, but is still not a good reason to cheat. I didn't read much into what Mabinogi is offering to their players, but for iRO, we are being offered x2 EXP and x2 Drop rates for a week. As if we don't have enough EXP increasing events already, the offer made to iRO is merely a way to gather our members to vote in the contest, which is great. We should all work with the members in our own communities or in our international communities to help win in this contest. Use this chance to talk with people you normally do not talk with, perhaps build a relation with them, and gain footing in the contest based on that.

#90 matsurika

matsurika

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

Seriously, no one should be changing their IP or using different location's Internet to allow themselves more than one vote in this contest. I'm not only saying this for the sake of us here, but also for those watching this thread. The contest is a for-fun activity and MMOBomb is not handing out prizes to those who win. The only thing we are getting out of this is our own enjoyment in the contest, the possible prize offered by our GMs, and being noticed by others who do not play our games. The being said, why would you cheat? To show that your game is better than someone else's? To win the special event that is being offered? I can say that only that latter makes sense to me, but is still not a good reason to cheat. I didn't read much into what Mabinogi is offering to their players, but for iRO, we are being offered x2 EXP and x2 Drop rates for a week. As if we don't have enough EXP increasing events already, the offer made to iRO is merely a way to gather our members to vote in the contest, which is great. We should all work with the members in our own communities or in our international communities to help win in this contest. Use this chance to talk with people you normally do not talk with, perhaps build a relation with them, and gain footing in the contest based on that.

I'm not going to say this as an excuse for cheating, obviously, but this isn't just for the exp event or whatever. Ragnarok REALLY needs any bit of publicity it can possibly grab because there's literally no publicity for this game, at least not on the western side of the world. 

Edited by matsurika, 17 March 2014 - 06:22 AM.

#91 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

People would smell a astroturf campaign a mile away and I would rather not have RO associated with bad voting behaviour. This gives us nothing except for publicity, so I'd rather it be the good kind (yay! RO is still around!) rather than (boo! what a bunch of smegheads!)

#92 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Then work with the people we already have, our family that is spread out across the world in not only licensed servers, but private ones too. We have a large base of fans that we just need to reach out to. Why attempt to win more members when we can't even work amongst ourselves, resorting to foolish and selfish tactics.

If we want to win, become noticed, and grow larger, we need to reach out to our other family members. Isn't this exclusion why we have many problems anyway?

Let us show the world and kRO that we are great and worthwhile. We can do this, we can win.

#93 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Then work with the people we already have, our family that is spread out across the world in not only licensed servers, but private ones too.

You haven't noticed the general mindset of a lot of private server type players.  They know about iRO but don't want to be part of the community.  That's why they are on the pserver sites to begin with.  If you reach out to them with news of a contest, some of them would go vote for mabi just to spite you and see "delicious tears" in the contest thread.

As for iRO needing publicity, it certainly does.  But choose the audience to which such news would have results.  As always, there are lots of people who don't know Ragnarok Online exists; more such people will always come into online gaming every day.  It's these truly new people to which we need to reach out.  RO is certainly a good game for those new to online gaming, and that might be one way to approach prospective new players.   I first learned of RO not from any online source, but in real life from someone who loved the game enough to even burn copies of the client download onto optical media to eliminate the client download time as an excuse to not try the game out.  So, if you try to convince someone in person, it might be good to have a copy of the client program ready to install. 

#94 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

You haven't noticed the general mindset of a lot of private server type players.  They know about iRO but don't want to be part of the community.  That's why they are on the pserver sites to begin with.  If you reach out to them with news of a contest, some of them would go vote for mabi just to spite you and see "delicious tears" in the contest thread.

As for iRO needing publicity, it certainly does.  But choose the audience to which such news would have results.  As always, there are lots of people who don't know Ragnarok Online exists; more such people will always come into online gaming every day.  It's these truly new people to which we need to reach out.  RO is certainly a good game for those new to online gaming, and that might be one way to approach prospective new players.   I first learned of RO not from any online source, but in real life from someone who loved the game enough to even burn copies of the client download onto optical media to eliminate the client download time as an excuse to not try the game out.  So, if you try to convince someone in person, it might be good to have a copy of the client program ready to install. 

These people that play private servers have a connection and love for Ragnarok Online, thusly they likely would like to see good things come to it. There is no good enough reason not to reach out to them.

#95 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

My avatar makes me look like an evil cheater. :<

We have a lot of people, and like Almr said, many of them don't even know that vote is there. We need to broadcast the information in-game, if we want to win.

#96 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Objective achieved. System returning to normal mode.

#97 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

Then work with the people we already have, our family that is spread out across the world in not only licensed servers, but private ones too. We have a large base of fans that we just need to reach out to. Why attempt to win more members when we can't even work amongst ourselves, resorting to foolish and selfish tactics.

If we want to win, become noticed, and grow larger, we need to reach out to our other family members. Isn't this exclusion why we have many problems anyway?

Let us show the world and kRO that we are great and worthwhile. We can do this, we can win.

I wouldn't be surprised if a large population of private server players didn't even know iRO exists or that their servers were illegal.

Edited by Gantrithor, 17 March 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#98 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

What pisses me off is stuff like this.

bUohbbs.png

Note "honestly, who doesn't know by now".

Now for two interesting points!

1. It was a joke. Far too cereal.
  2. While it was a joke, I got the idea to post it from one of my friends, who used that trick to vote for her favourite game about 500 times (522) in the last round. Wanna know what that game was?

e:  :hmm:

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 17 March 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#99 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Note "honestly, who doesn't know by now".

2. While it was a joke, I got the idea to post it from one of my friends, who used that trick to vote for his favourite game about 500 times (522) in the last round. Wanna know what that game was?

You fool, he's now sitting in his chair laughing at you for responding.

Also, is the answer to point 2. a guy on the Nexon forums called Code?

P.S. To the Mabinogi people watching this, Hollgrehenn could beat Ferghus in anything any day.

Edited by Gantrithor, 17 March 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#100 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

2. While it was a joke, I got the idea to post it from one of my friends, who used that trick to vote for his favourite game about 500 times (522) in the last round. Wanna know what that game was?

Oh God. I didn't know they would think that we were serious with all the cheating stuff. XD

Really, though. It's just a vote, people. A vote about video games. Freaking video games. Don't take it too hard.

Well, someone actually cheated. I'm not as interested about this vote now. I will still vote, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users