Dragonica (Dragon Saga) EU closing down - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragonica (Dragon Saga) EU closing down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

#1 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

Dear Dragonicans,

It is with a heavy heart that today we must inform you that WEBZEN Dublin have taken, in consultation with Gravity Games, the extremely difficult decision to discontinue our service of Dragonica in Europe. Gravity Games is planning to refocus on other platforms, and do not have the resources to support the European versions of the game.

Dragonica’s servers will shut down permanently on the 30th of April, and you will not be able to access the game past that date.

We will of course be announcing several “end of the world” events in the coming days, along with changes to the Dragonica Shop and coupons to get off to a great start on other awesome WEBZEN games.

Although this is certainly a sad day for Dragonica, the gPotato and Webzen portals are growing, and we’ll have something pretty big to announce very soon, so make sure you check back for more information.

Over the last 5 years we’ve had a brilliant time partying up, running dungeons and fighting for Emporia alongside you and we’d like to thank you for making this game one of the most beloved games on the gPotato.eu portal! We’ll never forget the adventure that we’ve had bringing Dragonica to you.

If you have any questions, please post them below.
We'll collect and attempt to answer all of them in a timely way.

Sincerely,

-Your Dragonica Team

What a shame, but now my questions. 

In the german gPotato forum there is a rumor that Gravity Games has stopped all development on Dragon Saga for the PC.

In the closure information of gPotato you can read "Gravity Games is planning to refocus on other platforms". 
What does this mean to this servers here in North America? Will it be closed down soon, too or makes it sense for me and my party to restart the game here? Or will we play here and in two month or so WarpPortal will announce that Dragon Saga will be closed down?

It is a shame to see the only game of this style dying.

Greets from Germany.

Niccoli

Edited by Fliederduft78, 18 March 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

I've talked with our CM about this and there's no current or future plans to close down the NA server.

Edited by StormHaven, 18 March 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

So I can go and spread the news to all European players that like to play Dragon Saga, so they can come here and actually start playing here, without the fear of loosing the last server and all the efforts the "worked" hard for?

Edit: By the way, why is forum registration closed?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 18 March 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

So I can go and spread the news to all European players that like to play Dragon Saga, so they can come here and actually start playing here, without the fear of loosing the last server and all the efforts the "worked" hard for?

Edit: By the way, why is forum registration closed?

yes you can!

(it's because of an issue that happened a couple days ago)

#5 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

In general Gravity NA is the -_-roach of all Gravity Games been dying for years.

That said it suggests that Gravity isn't focusing on Dragon Saga anymore but so long as the revenue > expenses you can keep on playing on Warpportal although you might not see as much content updates unless the revenue increases. 

#6 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

Will the forum registration be opened again?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 18 March 2014 - 11:30 AM.

#7 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

Registration should be available by tomorrow I believe.

Dragon Saga(us) has no plans of closing anytime soon or in the near future.

#8 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Registration should be available by tomorrow I believe.

Refreshing to read this lol the Eu server closing was a bit scary

#9 Luckyin

Luckyin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

waaa scared me, Im glad I saw EU besides it xD

so, this server is the last DS still standing right? then we could expect more ppl

joining in the next several weeks then, I hope

maybe a nice welcome event would be nice! xD

#10 MrZipps

MrZipps

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

So um terrible question but im new/ old player i use to play Dragonica, so is this the EU server or the NA server cause i want to play Dragon saga again ;'(

#11 MrZipps

MrZipps

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Um so, im kinda new/old to Dragon saga, i use to to play Dragonica, i was wondering if this is the NA server or the EU server x-x

#12 Gruyere

Gruyere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLand of pole dancing

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

That's what EU GMs used to say, even month before this news.

#13 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Scary lol

#14 Ormmos

Ormmos

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

This will be the same here...; the same as us in EU......; NA server are just the last who will be closed , i guess the 30 may :) , (30 march for SEA , 30 april for EU , 30 May for NA )

Goodbye dragon saga

#15 Ormmos

Ormmos

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

lol ty moderator for restricting post....  so what i have the right to write??? oh this is wonderful there is only one server for dragon saga left and he is situated to NA and the european community can come here without fear ! go go go

#16 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Gravity excersising it's rights on the game that they purchased. Np well this shouldn't be closing anytime soon since warp portal is gravity games. I mean look at ragnarok classic it's still up considering there's renewal and even ro2 out.

#17 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

I have spread the message in the german Dragonica community. I'll do the same in the english and french parts.  So keep fingers crossed and let the people come.

#18 Llli

Llli

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:59 AM

Even if they know about the closure of servers 5-6 months earlier, they never tell people about it, because they will lose a lot of money. So if your GM, CM, or even a forum MOD tells you that nothing like this will not happen here do not believe them.

#19 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

Even if they know about the closure of servers 5-6 months earlier, they never tell people about it, because they will lose a lot of money. So if your GM, CM, or even a forum MOD tells you that nothing like this will not happen here do not believe them.

true enough. but closing down these servers will make wp lose a lot of money.  the only reason this game is up is due to it's high earning potential, the only problem it's been having lately is the declining population. but, due to the recent closings of eu and sea, population has seen a significant boost, albeit not even close to where we want the game to be. 

i can see many benefits if there is one major server compared to separate ones in different regions.  

-communications with devs will be prompt and easier.

-faster game updates and patches

-larger playerbase

closings of the recent servers may just be wp's way of trying to monopolize on ds as all I can see are large pros and very minor cons if they had any involvement in the server closings.

#20 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Well, I can inform you that with all the confidence I have and the information I was told.. there are no plans to close the servers for Dragon Saga(us) anytime soon or in the near future.

#21 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

I personally can see the benefits of one major server too. So I think I can spot some truth in the words of the CM. But you should know, all we got in the past 6 months were a bunch of meaningless words/lies(mainly directly after the company gala networks was taken over by webzen) was "don't worry, all is fine.........don't worry, we will never shut the european server down.........all is good.......even one week before closing a CM told us "the user base is much higher as it used to be a month before".....uhm, yeah.

So many players come here with a deep deep trust issue inside. They hear you, they want to believe you...........but because of what happened to them in the past........some just simply can't. 

Be aware that whatever player finds the way here from europe/sea has lost everything ever achieved in the game. Has been through hard times, has only heard CM words that aren't trustworthy and has learned "all a CM does is lie into your face, even if you ask the CM directly about what's going on".

I personally don't think you told us a lie. I think you told us what you got told, plus I can see.......something. And I personally hope you are telling us the truth.

#22 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

Gravity USA is a subsidiary of Gravity Korea (which is majority owned by Gungho or was idk anymore)

Gravity Korea generally licenses out to EU/SEA etc etc

When this licensing fee + the player base no longer pays for their expenses and resources are better used elsewhere 3rd party licensees close down. 

The difference with 3rd party Licensee and Gravity USA is that most probably Gravity USA doesn't pay a significant amount on being a licensee because it's all internal. (What goes out of Gravity USA pocket goes into Gravity Korea's Pocket and accounting wise their revenue rolls up into Gravity Korea) 

That means that for Gravity USA to close down Dragon Saga it'd have to be a situation where Gravity USA cannot support itself or Dragon Saga cannot support itself.

Main situations would be

1) Gravity USA going bankrupt. (RO1's somewhat revival with Steam makes this unlikely)

2) Gravity Korea restructures unlikely but not in the near future.

3) Player base's IM usage is less than the cost of maintainance, servers, electricity, internet, human resources. These costs are relatively small and can be easily recooped with even a small amount of players. Human Resource Costs which is the highest cost can easily be diverted to other games because RO1 is being successful currently. 

This means if you support other Warpportal Games you help your game as well because it makes 1) less likely So go vote for Ragnarok Online

http://www.easypolls...53b0f08&nxid=10

Edited by Himeyasha, 19 March 2014 - 02:05 PM.

#23 Ormmos

Ormmos

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

It is just the biggest mistake gravity game have made to close the EU market on dragon saga , don't regret this guys

#24 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

Mabinogi ftw.

#25 Gruyere

Gruyere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLand of pole dancing

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Well, I can inform you that with all the confidence I have and the information I was told.. there are no plans to close the servers for Dragon Saga(us) anytime soon or in the near future.

That's not reassuring at all, it's just a slick talk stating current state and they still can tell you tomorrow that it will close for what we know.

Edited by Gruyere, 19 March 2014 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users