Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Hi Fellow Warriors

I know that all of us are sexy and irresistable so i wont point that out anymore.
Anyways, both Radke and I arent really gonna be online ingame everytime so i wanted to make a list of skills, feedbacks and suggestions for our class.
The other discussion thread is a lil bit confusing and its kinda hard to make something out of them so lets keep this organized so we can all have some sexy time together.
Ok First! The 500k rage strike? Everyone agrees right? Lol. Jokes.

Im gonna start with my own list so lets put it all together at the same format so me and Radke dont get confused and be done with just 1 report instead of us giving Njoror individual ones.

1. Our Damage Output
-* sigh* its hard but we have to let go our awesomeness for the good of mankind. Our DPS is too dayum high, no one except more geared classes can outDPS Warriors even in DPS form because of our damage burst. Dont get me wrong i love killing people with 2-3 blows but ive never felt it was intended to begin with. Maybe decrease warrior damage by 10% ? Feel free to discuss or qoute whatever you think on this one. Its not the final report, its just my own opinion and i want to know what everyone thinks about it.

2. Berserk Skill
- now if i remember correctly someone mentioned to give berserk a temp speed movement buff. I like the idea and gladly support it. Why? Have you ever seen berserk people or monsters move so slow? Hell no. And also to add we have no decent gap closer, out of all the melee classes we are the only one who doesnt. And if your gonna say Battle Leap, its probably the worst gap closer of all, you have to stop for you to use it and plus its hella easily being avoided. Being kited and not being able to do anything is the worse feeling of all. My heart cries like puppies everytime im kited helplessly. Maybe add like a 20% movement speed on level 5 berserk for the duration of the skill. (30 secs) Again feel free to discuss or talk about what you think.

The other things i wanted to say are the the hit/dodge and AoV Gear Defense. But those issues for all classes thats why i didnt include it on mine. But about what i think about those:

•Hit/ dodge
- To fix hit/dodge means also to fix damage output of every class. Am i wrong? Every classes damage is very high and unseemingly broken. If evrything hits then the fastest skilled classes are going to be superior out of everyone. Again feel free to comment your thoughts

•AoV Gear Defense
- I dont about you guys but a DPS class geared with Osiris set reaches 50-60% Def. Thats like more def than a geared Chaos warrior with defender on. Warriors reach 75% def not because the Defender skill is OP, its becoz the def in the gear is the same as Knights or other tank classes that it boosted our def a lot. Again feel free to comment on what you think.

If you guys want we can set up a Raidcall Group for us to discuss these things which shall be named " Sexy Warriors Club". The future VCRs can also use this RC channel if they want to. I havent set it up, but just suggesting if you guys want to discuss this all not just on forums.

Anyways, feel free to PM or mail me( JoonHo ) and Radke in game whenever.

Stay sexy folks.

#2 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

For battle leap, im thinking on be able to use it while moving coz that "stand to use" kills the skills movility. 
+ that should help us with the gap in combats.
NO MORE KITING AROUND!!!!

#3 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

1) Agree, damage output too high needs to be toned down a bit. Probably the Rage Strike % since we gain a 1:3 str to power ratio.

2)Needs to be updated to something else as we don't want this to stay if our damage %'s get's toned down since it might counter the nerfs. Move speed is nice suggestion to gap close however I kind of want bowling bash/magnum break to be reworked into something that will provide a ranged attack that will slow the target. Blade beam?

Battle leap is only a good gap close assuming:

You can actually aim the skill shot to land on the target

Target does not slide after the knock down which causes a targeting "Out of Range" problem as it usually does

Battle leap does not miss ( BIG ONE )

Edited by jdmtouch, 19 March 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#4 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

I'm a knight and I have my own problems when it comes to gap closing abilities (we get stuck in the middle of the charge animation as you might know), but Battle Leap seems just fine to me (the possibility of using it while moving is the only change needed imo). You see, you can't complain (not that anybody did here, but I already seen this argument) that you can't land 100% of its stuns because it's not targeted like other melee gap closing skills, because it is a freaking AREA STUN! You gotta sacrifice precision for utility. Specially in colo I seen multiple times, a guy is getting beaten by multiple players then BOOM, a warrior lands out of nothing, stuns everybody and gets the kill. Just like that XD

I won't go further into the berserker move speed boost but it doesn't seem a good idea at first.

Peace and have fun!

#5 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Well our Battle Leap does have a lot of cons like what Hero said. And also i was talking mostly about PvP wise, since most of the PvE content right now lets say "not fun" anymore. Also it is an Area stun but were not gonna be able to kill everybody that is stunned there. Its the same as BMs area knockdown, and very useful for KSing that is if the skill doesnt miss or bug out the target.
I did suggest a usable Battle Leap while moving before but i dont know who else likes the idea.
A ranged attack is also nice since we out of all classes also has none. If we get trapped were just gonna be waiting for our inevitable death and couldnt even fight back.
The slow effect could be discussed but if we have the speed movement buff, we have to choose either of the two. We cant have both unfortunately coz a lot will complain about us.

Edited by jhay1825, 19 March 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#6 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'm a knight and I have my own problems when it comes to gap closing abilities (we get stuck in the middle of the charge animation as you might know), but Battle Leap seems just fine to me (the possibility of using it while moving is the only change needed imo). You see, you can't complain (not that anybody did here, but I already seen this argument) that you can't land 100% of its stuns because it's not targeted like other melee gap closing skills, because it is a freaking AREA STUN! You gotta sacrifice precision for utility. Specially in colo I seen multiple times, a guy is getting beaten by multiple players then BOOM, a warrior lands out of nothing, stuns everybody and gets the kill. Just like that XD

I won't go further into the berserker move speed boost but it doesn't seem a good idea at first.

Peace and have fun!

I am not talking in a PVE aspect because that's for lack of a better term, dead. I am thinking more in terms of PVP. A lot of ranged classes like to kite which they should be doing and the precondition to killing them with rage strike is building 50 rage. So I ask you this, how do you build 50 rage when they are constantly kiting you and you are unable to close the gap? I have been relying on my 5% shock run to randomly stun them, followed by pummel attack and/or battle leap. If I open with battle leap chances are it will most likely miss due to the fact that they are constantly moving and you have to predict where they will run to and if I do predict correctly, WILL THE BATTLE LEAP HIT/MISS? Too many times I have hit my battle leap and they slide around or it misses and I still end up chasing after them because they are no longer in melee range by the time I land. At least for knights which I've played, your charge is probably the best example to combat ranged classes. Not only does it close the gap and you wind up in their face but they are stunned if it hits and you can follow it up with another stun right away. Sure you will get the glitch during shield charge where you get stuck, but you aren't the only class that suffers from that. We have bears getting stuck as well doing their charge, sins getting glitched and unable to attack (happens to bubblemoon a lot),  monks/rogues getting teleported backwards (farther away from target) when they use lightning step/dark illusion.

As for the movement speed buff or ranged attack/slow, I'd perfer to be given a ranged attack that will slow rather then more Movement speed because if I can get a slow off, I can land the battle leap (regardless of hit/miss) and be in melee range before the target runs off out of reach.

Edited by jdmtouch, 19 March 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#7 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Yeah i also played a knight and frankly Knight do have an advantage on PvP if they werent broken. They have a gap closer, stun and a ranged attack with slow which us warriors wants to have.

About the slow ranged attack and speed movement buff, either one for me is good id just prefer the movement speed coz you can use it on multiple ways such as when running on dungeons or WoE. The slow ranged debuff can only be used when your battling.
Then again thats just me. We need more feedbacks!!

#8 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Well, the problem, on my point of view, is that they turned PVE into a joke thus leading us to discuss the utility of skills only on a matter of PVP. Seeing as you guys said (you are warriors, I won't argue) Battle Leap has more cons than pros and adding it to the fact the game STIIIIIIIIIIILL, after such a long time, shows bugs such as "Out of range", where the target is next to you but in reality isn't, it does seem like it would require a complete overhaul or even a ranged slow/movespeed buff to chain up the whole stuff.

But checking this on a more PVE side we can see that warriors are a really complete class. Your squishy ranged DPS are in trouble with numerous adds? Leap, stun all of them and spin the shyt out of them while being able to walk through the whole offtanking process. Of course, in this case, it should have a kind of let down which is not being that effective on PVP.

I know that Shield Boomerang is also a hell of an effective offtanking ability, but you would need 10 levels on it for it to hit a nice number of adds, offtanking doesn't come as naturally to knights as to warriors.

Well, I'm kinda losing myself in my thoughts already, so I say the whole game being broken is actually the cause of all this crap.

#9 atcX

atcX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Could you guys give your total stat just as basis for you to want to nerf rage strike or the actual attack power of a warrior. Bec for me I don't see any reason to Nerf warrior damage output. Ranged classes can start hitting you even before you get your 1st hit in and even if you get close enough hitting them is like 1/10 chance.  Hiding classes can just simply hide and run away from you if they are ever in trouble, not to mention they are most probably agi built which makes them really hard to hit and move speed is way way higher than our's. Healing class, well they can just heal, duh. Magic class, warrior magic def is crap. See, warriors need something that gives it a fighting chance, and its not like you can 1 hit everyone with a single hit, it has to be a big shot crit, that means it will depend more on crit rate and how much int you have for battle tactics not on attack power or rage strike damage (for rage strike haters: all class have that 1 Big time dmg skill, rage strike is not unique.)

Build wise, a warrior have to give up something to get something else. Want High raw damage you need to go str build -your hit rate crit rate and crit dmg suffers. Want that awesome Crit dmg you need int- you raw damage, crit rate, and hit rate suffers. Wanna hit those High agi class, you need agi yourself-raw damage, crit damage suffers. If you go hybrid and get all those 3 stats you end up mediocre a jack of all trade master of non - ish. decent damage decent hit decent crit.

On a personal note , I'm int built currently with over 500 int and I can do 4xdmg with a crit. those int isn't just from the bonus stat but from every single item I can get that has stat. this means I don't get items that have agi or vit or whatever other stat, I prioritized int over everything else. I sacrificed all those str and agi to get that 4x crit dmg. this means I have quite lower raw dmg compared to others and if you nerf the atk power of warrior that 4x dmg would just be plain -_- and I would have invested on nothing. 

Numbers Scenario:   (Me) = Int build  900x4= 3.6k crit wooooooo  IF it crits, IF it hits.

(Others) most of them are agi+ dmg stat build 1000x2 = 2k CONSTANT flow of crit

dmg and hit.

(Lets Nerf Warrior yay)(resulting Me) = Int build 750x4= 3k crit dmg  IF it crits, IF it hits.

Note: numbers scenario is just theoretical/hypothetical, but if you look it shows important variables which warrants warrior to have good base/raw dmg output

Other classes have survivability tactics paired with a nice stream of dmg output not to mention those other classes that still have decent to OP DoTs. While warriors have to chase down their target and if they ever do pray hard that you HIT and if you do hit, pray even harder that you CRIT to get that kill.

#10 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Well, the problem, on my point of view, is that they turned PVE into a joke thus leading us to discuss the utility of skills only on a matter of PVP. Seeing as you guys said (you are warriors, I won't argue) Battle Leap has more cons than pros and adding it to the fact the game STIIIIIIIIIIILL, after such a long time, shows bugs such as "Out of range", where the target is next to you but in reality isn't, it does seem like it would require a complete overhaul or even a ranged slow/movespeed buff to chain up the whole stuff.

But checking this on a more PVE side we can see that warriors are a really complete class. Your squishy ranged DPS are in trouble with numerous adds? Leap, stun all of them and spin the shyt out of them while being able to walk through the whole offtanking process. Of course, in this case, it should have a kind of let down which is not being that effective on PVP.

I know that Shield Boomerang is also a hell of an effective offtanking ability, but you would need 10 levels on it for it to hit a nice number of adds, offtanking doesn't come as naturally to knights as to warriors.

Well, I'm kinda losing myself in my thoughts already, so I say the whole game being broken is actually the cause of all this crap.

I do agree with you as I think warriors were made to excel off tanking as that's what my job was in my raid group. Only complaint is that sure the leap stuns mobs but maybe you didn't know, there's a chance that the battle leap will RESET the mobs as well and the boss if it's targetting you. As for picking up adds, any tanking class can do it you just need to use a potion to pull threat immediately and then when they get to you use your AOE. Only class that doesn't excel at that is monk I'd say. 

#11 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Lemme tell you what i think, not saying im always correct. If you are a Battle tactics warrior you depend on int for crit damage correct? Someone on the forums also ask about this. But Battle tactic need the balance between int and agi. If you have high int but low agi, you cannot capitalize that crit damage. Warriors gears has low agi on every Tier, thats why you need to pump the agi and int through runes, cards and your stats.
I have like very low str, high agi, medium int and leftover vit. Now the way i do it is my int only comes from accessories and cards, i use agi/int/vit ones.
Every rune ive got is agi, like evrything, armors, weapons and costumes. My total agi is around 1400 and my int is 410 if i rmember correctly. Now when i do duels i crit like 6-7/10 of the time like my bash on non tank classes reach 9-10k while 5-6k on tank ones.
So yeah if you want to really use your buttload of int you will have to pump agi too. Thats why your raw damage is low coz you didnt have the crit rate to capitalize that also the hit which is very important on PvP.
So all in all maxing int alone without giving agi is useless in my opinion.
What do the other warriors think?
Feel free to leave comments and suggestions to help out players playing our class.

#12 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Im a PvE warrior and its quite obvious Warriors can achieve high crit damage rate but that is on the expense of your STR altho you simply can't use that INT without agi for the crit rate. But on to my point of view.

1.Lowering warriors/everyones damage.

This is obvious since they remade damage formula they also gave us 3 times higher dmg to all classes. And they also made attack power useless by 90%
Lower rage strike...maybe not, my suggestion would be lowering weapons min/max dmg by 15-25%...WHY!? Cause that min/max is added straight to skill dmg (which is the dmg that get multiplied by your skills dmg %) also this would make STR much needed stat cause finding the real balance with attack power and weapons min/max would be better than having dmg ratio of 10% attack power/90% min-max = your current damage :v. Also cause we have class benefit of 1:3 it would show off more.(altho not much)
BTW this weapon rebalance is supposed for every class... warrior highest attack power bm second knight third(altho knight needs good threath generation skills to stay on top of threath bar) and monk as last (but dontvmake their dps too small like what happened with knights :/).

2.Defense rebalance (OBVIOUSLY)
seeing dps class with 75% def rate is too much thats why make it so like it was before these pver buffed gears but do note the defense priority Monks first>knights second> warriors neck to neck with knights(but only with defender on)>beast masters on last space (Monk = 73%def with osiris, knights and warrior 68%, beastmasters = about 62%.)

3.Berserker giving movement speed?

Not necessary, but how about chance to target player when using...likebwhen you target pkayer it will do battle leap on that spot but enemy can run far but when that stun lands, it will land. Only con that fast moving player can evade it by having long distance from warrior while tecovering from that stun.

Small idea for PvP turf.

#13 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

Also to add how about taunts having a debuff effect. It will be generally for all tank classes which have taunt. Like maybe a 10 sec -10% Attack/Magic power and -10% defense. We all know taunts really didnt have much flare to begin with, its only purpose was to take a monsters aggro over the top threat holder. 

Feel free to suggest more whatever ideas you guys may have.

#14 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

For the provoke skills someone suggested an effect to be a usefull skill.

lets say, we have 5 lvls and each lvl does 5/10/15/20/25% defense decrease for 5 secs.
Remember pokemons roar?! Yah?!
Now think about that but for tank classes, this will require to balance the Provoke CD in the way.

Edited by VuoriDevine, 19 March 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#15 atcX

atcX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Me thinks RO1 provoke effect is quite good enough. IMO, RO2 should have never messed around with well established skills from RO1. They should have kept them how they were and just made minor tweaks and not an overhaul on the skills. This was 1 of the reasons I personally got turned off by RO2 when I started, paired with the controls. Also, the skill effects are quite lack luster xD

#16 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

This is not Ro1, and we have to work with what we have.

#17 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

Based on my duel with lots of classes, i only won if my rage hits. 

1. Battle Leap = Should be changed to Single target with burst damage nearby let say 6-10 cells around. (If not i agreed with Radke to make it possible to use when       moving.

* I don't know if its a bug that when you use it , sometimes monsters reset and move away from you.

* Delay and animation making this skill predictable, sometimes bug (2-3 secs hang time).

2. As of others we all know that dodge and hit were totally mess-up right now, Devs should fix this. Until now nobody knows how it works,

* if it is a bug then they should fix it, if not then they should explain here officially..

#18 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

We already wrote that bug on the report notes im talking about the battle leap reseting mobs.

#19 Cefdrake

Cefdrake

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

The biggest problem I see right now (other then our insane damage) is attack power buffs/debuffs aren't powerfully enough to have a major effect. The last time I took defender off, my skill effect damage changed by about 60 tops. As a result I think all attack power modifiers weather physical or magical need to be changed to be a modifier to the skill effect damage, this would make all damage burst skills useful and bring the cost of running defender back in line with how it used to be.

Edited by Cefdrake, 19 March 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#20 9491131102084217330

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

Skill: Provoke, Mass provoke

These are my ridiculous ideas. I would suggest upgrading provoking skills. Up to this day, the skill provoke is only useful in PVE environment and completely useless in PVP. It might be better if the skills covers also in PVP, such that when people are running away or kiting or whatever, use this skill and their character automatically run to the provoker. Same thing apply to mass provoke, just that all players around.

#21 8949130507222547287

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Skill: Battle Leap

My dream: Make battle leap so its targetable like Shadow Assault from sin cuz no one has time to aim that. I don't like aiming, aiming too hard.

Fix the bug where if you use it while 1 or more mobs are around you, it would reset the mobs. It does not always happen but it does happen and it makes me cry. Probably an out of range related to the vertical since mobs can't follow the path.

Skill: Berserk

My dream: Increase crit rate for 5-10s when activated.

Move speed is not bad.

#22 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

I hope devs will hear us out, cause everyone is telling that warrior is an OP class right now but its totally a lie.

I agree we owned PVE but PVP it's different we only won if our rage hits.. we are out class on PVP..

* Suggestion:

Battle Leap stun should always hit even if the damage dealt misses.. 

Edited by Warrantless, 20 March 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#23 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:51 AM

We are taking every opinion in count, but we need more feedback so we can make this happen.
And we all have to agree if we want to change this and that related to skills.
We are not going to add anything related to skills until the majority of our fellow warriors agreed with the change.

Btw, what do you guys think about the dmg in Headcrush, is it working ok?!

And thanks for the participation of everyone in here, if you have any warrior mate that is not talking in here, please invite them to do it.

Edited by VuoriDevine, 20 March 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#24 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

So the issue of Battle Leap reseting stuff is a feature stated on the skill's description or is it a bug? If it's a bug then we go back to the fact that the game is broken and that's why it looks shafted as of now.

About headcrush, I have it at level 1 and never felt like leveling it. I deal around 110 dmg/2s. I don't know how much it would be at lvl 5 but it sure won't be as much as 5k~10k as wizards and priests, which, by the way, I think totally lost the concept of DoT which was to backup your rotation damaging skills (except Crecentias I guess because they are mainly DoT damage dealers).

I think it should be boosted on the same ratio as the bosses HP did, making it stay to its roots which was to provide a permanent source of threat to back up the tanking process, not a stupid overbuff as we've been seeing lately.

Edited by xLuc, 20 March 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#25 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

So the issue of Battle Leap reseting stuff is a feature stated on the skill's description or is it a bug? If it's a bug then we go back to the fact that the game is broken and that's why it looks shafted as of now.

About headcrush, I have it at level 1 and never felt like leveling it. I deal around 110 dmg/2s. I don't know how much it would be at lvl 5 but it sure won't be as much as 5k~10k as wizards and priests, which, by the way, I think totally lost the concept of DoT which was to backup your rotation damaging skills (except Crecentias I guess because they are mainly DoT damage dealers).

I think it should be boosted on the same ratio as the bosses HP did, making it stay to its roots which was to provide a permanent source of threat to back up the tanking process, not a stupid overbuff as we've been seeing lately.

Yes were actually thinking of the same thing. A DOT with 130+ damage per sec over players or monsters with 30k+ HP doesnt make sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users