#1 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

This is what we've both come up with and agree on for ranger balancing/future of rangers. We'd like to see some community feedback from other Rangers and let us know if we've missed anything and you feel needs to be discussed.

April- This month we have a new balance coming up so something will be missing from this list while others have been fixed. These are in no order.

1. Improve Poison Arrows DoT % to 90% at 5/5  (currently 30%)

2. Return attack to Quivers and make then honable/refinable like all other offhands. This could mean lower attack on bows and putting it quivers.

4. Fix Vulcan Arrow and make it usable while moving.

5. Re-balancing Sharpshooting.

6. Implement RO1 Falcon/Warg System( or allow falcon's to attack while moving)

7. Move Fear Breeze from a stand alone skill to an additional effect of Main Ranger skill.

8. Improving traps by making them more appealing to put points into and opening up the option for ML level Rangers to go into the trapper route.

9. Rebalance Impact arrow to make it more balanced, and fix it show it reflects correct damage and give 15conc at max level like stated.

https://docs.google....M1E&usp=sharing Suggestion for Traps.

Edited by StormHaven, 08 April 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#2 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:07 PM

finally found it 

#3 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

The first three sound realistic. The rest sound like pipe dreams. Are you guys keeping tabs on other classes to make sure no one class is op?

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

The first three sound realistic. The rest sound like pipe dreams. Are you guys keeping tabs on other classes to make sure no one class is op?

we're shooting for the first 3 to be the first changes we'd hopefully get. 6-8 are changes we'd like to see in the future.

Edited by StormHaven, 19 March 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#5 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

we're shooting for the first 3 to be the first changes we'd hopefully get. 6-8 are changes we'd like to see in the future.

Sounds great!

#6 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Sniping Tactics!!! (you know you want to :P )

#7 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

I have been semi keeping tabs on the Priest class, talked with Otirano and tried to give her our view of the Priests.  I also did a few duels with her to try and illustrate as well.  She was severely undergeared in terms of runeholes being punched and runes being placed in them.  My gears are all punched and I have mid 20% on everything.  I was only able to beat her once, one time when she removed her costumes.  I just got lucky that one time basically.  Other than that one time, she completely over powered me and could out heal my dps.  I've been commenting in their thread as well, some of their players have concern about losing their attk/heals for pve, but don't understand the pvp aspect of their strength right now.

#8 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

I have been semi keeping tabs on the Priest class, talked with Otirano and tried to give her our view of the Priests.  I also did a few duels with her to try and illustrate as well.  She was severely undergeared in terms of runeholes being punched and runes being placed in them.  My gears are all punched and I have mid 20% on everything.  I was only able to beat her once, one time when she removed her costumes.  I just got lucky that one time basically.  Other than that one time, she completely over powered me and could out heal my dps.  I've been commenting in their thread as well, some of their players have concern about losing their attk/heals for pve, but don't understand the pvp aspect of their strength right now.

How to kill a priest.

Step1: Stealth and pray for crit.

Step2: Pray your next charge arrow lands.

Step3: Pray you aren't stunned while attempting any of this.

lol so dumb Q_Q

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

How to kill a priest.

lol so dumb Q_Q

you forgot "have a power20+"

#10 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

How to kill a priest.

lol so dumb Q_Q

(priest insta heals)

(priest insta heals and casts stun on you)

Step3: Pray you aren't stuneed while attemping any of this.

(oops too late you're dead.)

You can't pretend you don't know the priests are too OP right now, along with the other magic classes.  They are exactly like our class was immediate post AoV and need to be scaled back just the same.

I mean, they insta cast stun with no cd that I can see and can heal instantly against any attack we can even manage to muster out, and cast a dot on us that kills us in seconds.  How much more OP can you possibly get?

Edited by flukeSG2, 22 March 2014 - 02:07 PM.

#11 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

(priest insta heals)

Step4: Priest will keep saying its all fair and fine because you have "traps" and you "instacast stuff" and "zomg rangers too op".

Step5: Get dragon buff, re-duel the priest, proceed to unleash a freaking army of falcons on them and shower them in arrows >D

But seriously, people keep forgetting Rangers have no self-heal at all (unless you count Ymir's full heal which usually people avoid using on duels anyways, and you cant -spam-). Kiting means nothing when you get stunned often. And they say they can't hit us... pff yeah right (with the current hit/dodge formulas broken and everyone and their mothers rocking full-agi builds). Once you tossed DoTs+Stun on a ranger, watch them slowly and steadily die in front of your eyes no matter how many arrows they pewpew; priest can still heal any dmg deal on them (lol poison arrow? is that a DoT even?) while ranger's hp gone is just gone unless they pot. Sure, priests still need to recharge holywater to keep either stunning you or healing you, but while they cast it they still can recover hp with renovatio or simply be smart and toss a judex+aspersio combo at you on their last charge so you're stunned while they're casting aqua benedicta. Traps? lolright, even IF they happen to derp and actually trigger ankle snare trap, they're just snared but can still easily cast skills to either stun you or DoT you or heal while trapped (or simply heal and await patiently for trap to poof). During all this time, unless the ranger was able to do some whooping huge crits and oneshot them in the right moments, the ranger is just dying and prolonging the inevitable.

^ Give stuns/knockdowns the ironwill buff-on-target like with freeze, and that will already be a very simple step forwards that shouldn't bother anyone. Next, just make it so priests cant stun-lock. No, there's no real need for  a priest to -desperately need- this chainstunning for pve. No excuses. Noone should be chainstunning.

EDIT= No, I'm NOT saying rangers are zomg ultra nerfed/-_-/bad/weak and asking for Priests to be nerfed/madeuseless. There's a LOT of general issues that NEED to be addressed for ALL classes to be balanced and keep differences yet have equal opportunities.

Edited by TifaValentine, 22 March 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#12 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

(priest insta heals)

You can't pretend you don't know the priests are too OP right now, along with the other magic classes.  They are exactly like our class was immediate post AoV and need to be scaled back just the same.

I mean, they insta cast stun with no cd that I can see and can heal instantly against any attack we can even manage to muster out, and cast a dot on us that kills us in seconds.  How much more OP can you possibly get?

Uhh this was meant to be a joke not to be taken seriously. I know they are OP.

#13 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

Uhh this was meant to be a joke not to be taken seriously. I know they are OP.

Alright, my bad.  You earned that #1 Troll award xD

#14 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Baddiez so troll. Must be punished. I shall proceed to take him to the torture chamber.

#15 Keiven

Keiven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

1l6bbAL.jpg

i like you sam!

#16 nekonoodles

nekonoodles

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

8. New Skill- Status Arrow, Cost 100 concentration, 300% Damage, Effect- Inflict a random status effect(Stun,root,Slow, or Sleep) onto opponent. Cooldown 20seconds.

how do i rangr

#17 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:34 PM

What about that silly frost trap that really is useless... or at least to me it is.

#18 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

What about that silly frost trap that really is useless... or at least to me it is.

It's not useless. Without it, you can't have hiding skills and falcon  :pif:

#19 Meirin

Meirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

I have almost always found the frost trap to be useless, outside of needing it for your hiding skills and falcon. It seems to be "overly sensitive" when a monster is kind of (?) near it. So, it usually trips before the monster is on top of it because of the timer or when the monster is several meters away outside of the effective range of the trap. I have found that it hits its intended target quite rarely. (Note: It has been a while since I last used it because of that.)

Is the Status Arrow skill mentioned above something that existed in kRO2 and never got ported over to iRO2, or is it just something absolutely new?

#20 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Stormhaven came up with the skill arrow idea I do believe.

Say hi to everyone in game for me, guess I won't be online till Saturday or so...work, ya know.

Edited by flukeSG2, 25 March 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#21 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

This week! It's trap discussions!

https://docs.google....M1E&usp=sharing

go at it!

#22 Narcoplepsy

Narcoplepsy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

as to the claymore trap 5/5, im loving the idea of 10% ARMOR damage every 2seconds for 10 seconds weewww!!

#23 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

as to the claymore trap 5/5, im loving the idea of 10% ARMOR damage every 2seconds for 10 seconds weewww!!

Actually it's just a single armour rip that lasts for 10seconds before it can be reapplied.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users