Patch Notes v498 - (3/25/14) Server Maintenance 2PM (-7 UTC) - Page 6 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v498 - (3/25/14) Server Maintenance 2PM (-7 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#126 jps888

jps888

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilipines
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:both

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Any class that gets a skill change, generally gets the reset ability provided so they can adjust to whatever changes that would affect build.

#127 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:16 AM

It is my belief that most katar raiders choose to have Luna set 50/40 (13% aspd) along with Glorious armour (30% aspd), cause most raiders want the accu and dodge since they lack accu and need dodge for survivability, and a Raptor backshield (no aspd) and 4 Leaf Clover mask (no aspd), let's pretend this is a normal build. Ima get a FV katar with 50/40 (8.4% aspd) and simply cause I think it's the best gem I put a Peridot in my glorious (10%aspd).
Adrenaline Rush is also and obvious choice in most builds (50%aspd).

Now I'm at 290+50 = 340% aspd
Further more we can pretend we only took lvl 1 in Raider's Haste and we end up at 320%
Remove the Glori(with peridot), find accu and dodge somewhere else and we end up at 280%
Now let's go see how fast we get 5 wounds.

What I am against is the ability to give wounds with that sort of attack speed. I don't mind if a Raider has high attack speed but what I do mind is that they decrease the healing with 25%. The reasoning that a Cleric, often alone, should Cure/Integ 15 people with 8 Raiders in the enemy team is a dream while still healing and Purifying. Sounds like a tough job, mayhap that's why we rarely see them ;)

You have to admit there GOTTA be a reason why there's so many raiders in CD these days, are they so bad everyone wanna play them to prove they really are good?
Or are they so good everyone wanna play them? Hide and Hide you can't catch me you can't kill me and I make the life of a cleric a living hell.

The decreased healing is triggered by skills, not mele if i'm right.

Depending on your build other gears do payoff a way more, my katar got 299% aspeed with max charm buffs (and yes i'm a mele build too).

The reason why i think people join with raiders that much is that they hear that they are OP, that's why they are following the trend. Going by the CD scoreboard most raiders suck.

To me it seems a way more balanced, before it was like the top 5 players have been clerics or champs, now it mixes up, it's not like 1 class is dominating in the top 5 ranks anymore.

#128 jps888

jps888

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilipines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:18 AM

excuse me..GM> how about axe typ champ? they have new skill or some new passive? coz' i notice when i challenge some sword typ champ can't win.. i think i get the good build and accs for some axe typ champ.... even my pdef is high and my crit is high cant win, coz axe typ have 1 stun only and the cool down is to long... but sword typ have good high skill damage compare to axe typ champ... can u pls give me some info about this....... tnx alot G.M hope u figure it out...

#129 jps888

jps888

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationphilipines

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:35 AM

ok sir' tnx again i try again what is missing i hope i can figure it out.... tnx alot G.M

#130 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

Everytime a Cleric Purify is a time when they don't throw a heal. Purify doesn't come for free, it costs time.

Aye, But The time spent casting the dual raiders Debuffs -excluding freezing- and the Champs AoE debuffs, is time they're not damaging. ;) It goes both ways.

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 30 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.
The debate is fine, but not the personal attacks between both parties quoted prior to the edit.

#131 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

The decreased healing is triggered by skills, not mele if i'm right.

Depending on your build other gears do payoff a way more, my katar got 299% aspeed with max charm buffs (and yes i'm a mele build too).

The reason why i think people join with raiders that much is that they hear that they are OP, that's why they are following the trend. Going by the CD scoreboard most raiders suck.

To me it seems a way more balanced, before it was like the top 5 players have been clerics or champs, now it mixes up, it's not like 1 class is dominating in the top 5 ranks anymore.

You're totally right, I made a big mistake believing it was from melee.

Critical Weakness (KATAR)

• Reduces critical rate by 3% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 10 Stacks: 30% Critical Rate Reduced)

Critical Impact (KATAR)

• Increases Critical Damage by 5% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 10 Stacks: 50% Critical Damage)

Weakened Armor (DUAL)

• Reduces defenses by 5% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 5 Stacks: 25% Defense Reduction)

Adrenaline Rush (KATAR)

• Increase ASPD by 10% & MSPD by 5%, for 10 seconds. (Max 5 Stacks: 50% ASPD & 25% MSPD)

Is from Melee on the other hand. And those stacks stack really fast with that attack speed.

It is my belief that they aren't following a trend at all, they just like the ability to hide and run since the clerics tend to die very fast or be non-existing. Doesn't hurt that they are equally matched with the best in PvP if not better then many. This is all as they are supposed to be but I hope it can be resolved if more people goes back to playing Cleric (wich aint gonna happen if they keep nerfing them) so people can choose to pick a class that does rely a bit more on the support of a Cleric.

#132 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

Aye, But The time spent casting the dual raiders Debuffs -excluding freezing- and the Champs AoE debuffs, is time they're not damaging. ;) It goes both ways.

Oh my.

And you remember that Clerics are usually 1 or 2 in a group? Let's say 1 Cleric since that's what I see most often (or none). Means we got 1 AoE purify every 8 seconds.

Let me count the 8-9 other dps's in the other team, let's see how many debuffs they can throw in the same time.

Did you read the update, purify dispells 1 debuff.

How many debuffs can a dual raider throw? I listed them, read.

How many debuffs can a champ throw? I listed them, read.

That's just two of the classes with debuffs.

Oh and wait! Some debuffs DID come with damage on them.

Conclusion: A cleric will never ever be able to keep up with the dispelling with this update. If they managed to do so in the past was because they sacrificed ALOT of time to spam that purify, putting time into it.

Don't throw my own words in my face, it's kinda rude.

Edit: And just to be sure you understand me. I have already stated that I agree the AoE purify as it was were OP but now it has been rendered to a butterfly in comparison to the dragon it used to be, methaphorically speaking (as they like adding dragons to IM). They could have taken it in babysteps and decreased it from 5 to 3 and kept the single target at 5. Perhaps increased the cooldown a little bit not this much.

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 26 March 2014 - 04:07 AM.

#133 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:08 AM

You're totally right, I made a big mistake believing it was from melee.

Critical Weakness (KATAR)

• Reduces critical rate by 3% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 10 Stacks: 30% Critical Rate Reduced)

Critical Impact (KATAR)

• Increases Critical Damage by 5% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 10 Stacks: 50% Critical Damage)

Weakened Armor (DUAL)

• Reduces defenses by 5% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 5 Stacks: 25% Defense Reduction)

Adrenaline Rush (KATAR)

• Increase ASPD by 10% & MSPD by 5%, for 10 seconds. (Max 5 Stacks: 50% ASPD & 25% MSPD)

Is from Melee on the other hand. And those stacks stack really fast with that attack speed.

It is my belief that they aren't following a trend at all, they just like the ability to hide and run since the clerics tend to die very fast or be non-existing. Doesn't hurt that they are equally matched with the best in PvP if not better then many. This is all as they are supposed to be but I hope it can be resolved if more people goes back to playing Cleric (wich aint gonna happen if they keep nerfing them) so people can choose to pick a class that does rely a bit more on the support of a Cleric.

Well i'd say give it some time the things might balance out. Some people already started to realize that they

1. can't protect a cleric if they are cloacked
  2. That there are ways to literally nuke other katars.

To me most of the current feedback and class ratio just looks like a big hype, instead of adapting to the situation they try to make their class stronger again.

Edited by SlowBob, 26 March 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#134 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

True, let's say there's a cleric in my team and 2 Champs, ignoring the other 10, in yours - one with Def down and one with Berserker's Cry. Your Champ does Def down, my cleric purify it. Oh wait the other Champ did Berserker's Cry = Cleric gotta wait till I can Purify again and this time it might take away the ms down rather then def wich can be useful at sometimes but not most.
Everytime a Cleric Purify is a time when they don't throw a heal. Purify doesn't come for free, it costs time. Precious time consider how often you wish to throw Cure that hardly heals for anything, it kinda costs time as well even if it's better for that player 30seconds onward you could end up letting the player be killed before you manage to throw a better heal onto him/her cause you used such a weak healing in the first place merely in order to heal better later. Fights go very fast these days after all with the new buffs - wich brings me to the OP section.

And when the Champ did Berserker's cry, did he DPS? When the knight did the 3 aoe debuff (ap/def/...) did he taunt/protect/aoe/sacri ..? Non. Simply no. Put a debuff = less dps in short term but more in long term (in the case of def debuff) or more survi (debuff of ap) etcetc. Puri is the reverse, maybe you lost one heal, but the can clean 5 debuffs (DAMN 5 DEBUFFS) which improve the survi of your team.

I don't see how this is fair to have one skill who can remove 5 debuffs (aoe) when we need at least 2-3 char (or 2-3 aoe debuffs if there is a champ) to put these 5 debuffs.

So yeah, puri is too much nerfed, but the puri before update was too much powerfull.

Edit: And i'm speaking as a knight who sacrifice AP passive to get some debuff aoe in order to be more tanky.

Edited by Infinity49, 26 March 2014 - 04:15 AM.

#135 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:15 AM

And when the Champ did Berserker's cry, did he DPS? When the knight did the 3 aoe debuff (ap/def/...) did he taunt/protect/aoe/sacri ..? Non. Simply no. Put a debuff = less dps in short term but more in long term (in the case of def debuff) or more survi (debuff of ap) etcetc. Puri is the reverse, maybe you lost one heal, but the can clean 5 debuffs (DAMN 5 DEBUFFS) which improve the survi of your team.

I don't see how this is fair to have one skill who can remove 5 debuffs (aoe) when we need at least 2-3 char (or 2-3 aoe debuffs if there is a champ) to put these 5 debuffs. So yeah, puri is too much nerfed, but the puri before update was too much powerfull.

It is 1 debuff it removes.

#136 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:17 AM

It is 1 debuff it removes.

Yep, I was speaking before update. And I already told you that puri is -indeed- too much nerfed. Read the whole thing, not just some sentences.

#137 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:19 AM

Yep, I was speaking before update. And I already told you that puri is -indeed- too much nerfed. Read the whole thing, not just some sentences.

But I have already said so many times now that I too agree that the Purify was OP pre-patch. I just don't see why it had to be nerfed so badly that's what I'm argumenting for.

#138 Infinity49

Infinity49

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:27 AM

But I have already said so many times now that I too agree that the Purify was OP pre-patch. I just don't see why it had to be nerfed so badly that's what I'm argumenting for.

Didn't see your edit, my bad. I hope puri will have a boost next patch. :]

#139 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:30 AM

Assuming you also didn't read my proposal to give the purify a range of 1~3 / cast attempt either? I read your post, and thought very harshly about it but figured you wouldn't be bothered to read the data but if you insist man here you go.

1: The average application time / CD time average is ball parked 10 seconds. 

Raider: Enfeeblment, Mental Storm, Weaken are all on 5 second cooldown timers. And apply 1 down / cast. Making 3 casting times on average 3.5 seconds. Next you have Freezing assualt which has the added benefit of damage -smaller then all other 2nd job dual skills- for the aspd down. If you sacrificed another 17 SP, you can get the circle break which happens to do damage and down, but then again, that's 17 sp for 1 down.Throw in the maelstrom of damages going on in PvP, things like melee, stuns etc. the average time it takes to cast those ends up being a realistic 10-15 seconds. 

4 downs / 15 seconds on average.

Champions: They have 3 major AoE downs. First tier is 3 skills @ 10 sec CD's. Second Tier in champ tree, is 3 downs -that don't stack- @ 5 seconds. The ultimate is a CD of 15 seconds. The only other AoE down Champions have is on spear + Sword dodge downs. Sword 8 second, spear 7 seconds. This means at most 3/4 AoE's that cause no damage -in order to get the ultimate you need to invest 35 SP- and 1/4 that does first tree damage, can only all be stacked once / 15 seconds.

Mage gets 2 Aoe debuffs -both affixed with damage-. Dodge down on 10 second CD, and Mspd down -first tree 8 seconds- or second tree 15 seconds. They get Mspd down but that's on a 30 second CD.

2 downs / 30 seconds or 1.5 downs every 15 seconds.

Here's the kicker part.

Raider + Champ share AoE Def Down.

Raider, Champ, Mage all share Mspd Downs

Champ & Mage share dodge downs.

Raider only one with Accu down.

Champ only one with AP down.

So, AT BEST, with all players FOCUSSING on debuff applications, there's only 5 AoEs. And at maximum culmination, only once / 30 seconds can they all be applied at the same time.

My suggestion to Purify was 1~2 downs / 10 seconds on AoE

Meaning in a worst case scenario, 5 downs need to be removed within 30 seconds.

At best proc chance on Purify, you get 6 downs removed / 30 seconds.

I actually hated the suggestion I made, because it makes it some AoE purify can fully combat an AoE down spread. Making status downs Still somewhat a useless tactic. But, I came to the comclusion, that there's also the chance only 3 of 5 downs are removed over that 30 seconds. So, it's a gamble. Adds a certain risk factor, to use it, or not use it. Focus more on heals, or give way to removing downs. It carries the potential to still fully fight all AoE applicaitons on AoE status downs, and thats BEFORE you start working in the Cure purify, and the Single Target Purify. 

So Perhaps now, you can understand the reasoning -for me- to why it should be a range spread of 1~2 per 10 second? Just saying. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention, that's a whole team of status down applications VS 1 Cleric. On draco, more often then not 2 FS qeue together now, to support eachother, making the total potential 12 status downs removed / 30 seconds, far more then a culminated AoE down tactic could ever apply~ ::whistles::

Edited by Feuer, 26 March 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#140 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

This was for me @MidnightSmurf. This is what I answered to.

Assuming you also didn't read my proposal to give the purify a range of 1~3 / cast attempt either? I read your post, and thought very harshly about it but figured you wouldn't be bothered to read the data but if you insist man here you go.

1: The average application time / CD time average is ball parked 10 seconds. 

Raider: Enfeeblment, Mental Storm, Weaken are all on 5 second cooldown timers. And apply 1 down / cast. Making 3 casting times on average 3.5 seconds. Next you have Freezing assualt which has the added benefit of damage -smaller then all other 2nd job dual skills- for the aspd down. If you sacrificed another 17 SP, you can get the circle break which happens to do damage and down, but then again, that's 17 sp for 1 down.Throw in the maelstrom of damages going on in PvP, things like melee, stuns etc. the average time it takes to cast those ends up being a realistic 10-15 seconds. 

Champions: They have 3 major AoE downs. First tier is 3 skills @ 10 sec CD's. Second Tier in champ tree, is 3 downs -that don't stack- @ 5 seconds. The ultimate is a CD of 15 seconds. The only other AoE down Champions have is on spear + Sword dodge downs. Sword 8 second, spear 7 seconds. This means at most 3/4 AoE's that cause no damage -in order to get the ultimate you need to invest 35 SP- and 1/4 that does first tree damage, can only all be stacked once / 15 seconds.

Mage gets 2 Aoe debuffs -both affixed with damage-. Dodge down on 10 second CD, and Mspd down -first tree 8 seconds- or second tree 15 seconds. They get Mspd down but that's on a 30 second CD.

2 downs / 30 seconds or 1.5 downs every 15 seconds.

Here's the kicker part.

Raider + Champ share AoE Def Down.

Raider, Champ, Mage all share Mspd Downs

Champ & Mage share dodge downs.

Raider only one with Accu down.

Champ only one with AP down.

So, AT BEST, with all players FOCUSSING on debuff applications, there's only 5 AoEs. And at maximum culmination, only once / 30 seconds can they all be applied at the same time.

My suggestion to Purify was 1~2 downs / 10 seconds on AoE

Meaning in a worst case scenario, 5 downs need to be removed within 30 seconds.

At best proc chance on Purify, you get 6 downs removed / 30 seconds.

I actually hated the suggestion I made, because it makes it some AoE purify can fully combat an AoE down spread. Making status downs Still somewhat a useless tactic. But, I came to the comclusion, that there's also the chance only 3 of 5 downs are removed over that 30 seconds. So, it's a gamble. Adds a certain risk factor, to use it, or not use it. Focus more on heals, or give way to removing downs. It carries the potential to still fully fight all AoE applicaitons on AoE status downs, and thats BEFORE you start working in the Cure purify, and the Single Target Purify. 

So Perhaps now, you can understand the reasoning -for me- to why it should be a range spread of 1~2 per 10 second? Just saying. :)

Throw in the same maelstrom on a cleric and then add that they "have to" heal to keep their party alive. May I add that Clerics prolly spam skills more then other Classes and cannot rely on normal attacks that will auto attack for you while you focus on other things.

1 dispell 10 seconds? Not sure about how you reason about the 4 debuffs on 15 seconds, was that for 2 characters then yes if it was for the entire group of say 8-9 dps'er then no, it will be way more then 4.

I take it you mean 5 debuffs (some of wich are AoE). If so I disagree, you're forgetting about the burn/poison and mute. And the fact that 1 Cleric can have 1 Purify every 8 seconds (currently) while 8-9 enemies can throw debuffs. I wonder who wins that debuff/dispell fight.  It sounds to me as if you're thinking that only 1 champ or 1 dual raider is present in this fight.
Example: 1 Cleric that can dispell 1 debuff. let's say we got 2 dual raiders and 3 champions on the other side (can be other classes as well make your pick) and then we have a few more characters we don't include here to make it easier.
The 1st champ do berserker's cry, 3 debuffs. Cleric purify def down by luck. 2nd Champ throws def down cause he reckons it's the most important one. And the Cleric's Purify was if not wasted a waste of time seing as he/she could instead have healed someone.

Let's play with the idea the Purify could dispell 3 effects on a 10 seconds cooldown. And the single target could dispell 4 at a 4 second cooldown. While keeping the Cure as it is. This would, imo, be a more realistic start to nerf the old Purify and see what would have happened. This is still slightly better then what you suggested but we're thinking maybe in the same line of thought; the aoe purify was nerfed a bit too much.

Had they made the passive aspd of hawker into a maximum of 5% aspd (at max) we would surely have considered that nerf to be overkill. Instead they nerfed it to 20%. They are taking it step by step - I like that. Now we'll see how it affects the class without rendering the aspd passive useless.

----------------------------------------------

@Feuer: "Edit: I forgot to mention, that's a whole team of status down applications VS 1 Cleric. On draco, more often then not 2 FS qeue together now, to support eachother, making the total potential 12 status downs removed / 30 seconds, far more then a culminated AoE down tactic could ever apply~ ::whistles::

And Edit for me: There's a reason why they group up you see, it's too hard to be alone as a cleric. Too hard to purify everything alone you might say and this was before this patch. And more often then not (seing as you can throw my words in my face) you'll see no cleric on the other side. Bendersmom has explained this in previous posts.
Still not seing how your math works, there's more then 1 champ along with the rest that can throw them debuffs. It's not as if they throw them at the same time and many still has shorter cooldown then the 8seconds on purify. And add that a Cleric wont be able to throw that purify every 8 seconds, gotta heal as well and throw Cure that does minimal healing.

::muuu::

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 26 March 2014 - 05:00 AM.

#141 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:17 AM

Seems kind of weird to me that everyone here (maybe I missed some but from what I read everyone appears to agree) agrees that purify was nerfed too much, yet the argument is still ongoing for 4 pages long.

So I thought of an idea that may help all the troubled clerics out there: What if purify would prioritize hard crowd control effects (stun, sleep, mute) above other effects? That way, even if it is only 1 (or 2 or even 3) effects that get purified, it is a more reliable form of helping your allied clerics when they are in trouble cause of stuns/mutes.

Another option would be if you could choose yourself which debuffs to prioritize (eg: since most stuns are short, some may not care about removing this particular effect, and would rather purify the mdef down effect that mages cast). Not sure if current game mechanics would allow for this though.

#142 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:28 AM

That is very.. diplomatic of you and I appreciate you said that as I'm tiring of the dicussion myself but are failing to end it :P

Very good suggestion to prioritize the mute. Better yet would be to let every cleric put a prioritizing order on the purify themselves but now I'm dreaming^^
Seing as everyone, most?, agrees that the purify was nerfed too hard we'll have to take Leonis word for it, it's an ongoing process and if it proves (by feedback wich is already half given) to be too much they buff it up a notch. I think the arguements hasn't stopped cause some, including myself, think the nerf was riddiculously hard on Clerics.

Over and out, I'm off the table.

#143 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:07 AM

i went off the table defending clerics years ago ... HA!

#144 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

@midnightsmuf I really like your idea of making AoE purify dispell 3 buffs and single target AoE dispell 4 buffs. It seems to be the most fair suggestion

#145 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

First - Feuer - once again, your calculations do not include sleep, stun, mute and silence.  And until you actually play a FS cleric in CD I do not think you will ever understand what we do or how we manage to do it.  

Secondly - the major problem is not def down, mspd down, etc.  Those typically go away pretty fast.  And as many clerics said, the don't even use purify (even though I wish they would and don't understand why they didn't).  The main times I use purify is to get sleep, mute, silence or stun off of a char.  My priorities to use purify are - Cleric - Mage - Arties - and then others if I can. 

Thirdly - The reason so many clerics are grouping up for CD is because CD is miserable now without a second cleric.  All I can speak for is Leonis server, but after the last Def and mp consumption nerf it is horrible to be a lone cleric in CD.  So I will not play Cd without another cleric or being on Ventrilo with people that I know will protect me and help if I yell.  Again, it is not the debuffs so much as the sleeps, stuns, mutes and silences that are the huge issue...oh yeah and the other team having 2+ clerics and ganging the lone cleric.

If you could make the Unique purify take away the effect debuffs like sleep, mute, silence and stun, keep it ranged and an aoe that would be great.  Then the regular purify take away debuffs (mdef, etc) and the effect debuffs listed above, but make it for maybe 3-4 debuffs that would be effective.  

And for the reason we keep talking about it is because we really used to like playing cleric.  But with all the changes over the last year and a half playing FS cleric is not fun anymore.  We are being changed to buff and heal slaves again and that just sucks.  At one point we were able to actually help the team so the fact that we had to buy all new gear and give up any attack skills made up for it.  But with continual nerfs I really think that all you want from a FS cleric is a slave.  And for me that will not happen.  I will give up my favorite character and class if that is what we become.  

* Give us back some of our def so we can actually defend ourselves some with all the updates in attacks for the other classes.

* Fix the purify to make sense and actually be worth the SP, 

* Give us back some of our MP so that clerics don't have to give up the blocking skills and the use of other defensive skills just to get freakin flames to give Mp

* Give us back the ability to tweak our builds to fit our game play and actually be a help to our team.  That is our role, let us actually do that.  

#146 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

Hello everyone, you've been heard loud and clear, so in hopes it helps calm the fiery discussion of Purify. Yes, it was nerfed too hard. Yes, it will be boosted back to something more tolerable and we'll see about making it be more about consistency, than a gamble, for removing debuffs. We will strive to make the next patch be better in balance with what we've been witnessing here on the forums and in-game.

That being said, I hope the heated discussions can cool some and any personal opinions of one another can be put to rest. Everyone has their viewpoint, valid and true within their own experiences or wherever they may be pulling their information from. Regardless, I hope in the future rather than pointing out someone is wrong, simply provide your side and viewpoint to where you see a gap in knowledge or offer a reminder to whatever oversight they might have regarding the subject.

We're all human, we all make mistakes and with as much effort we put in behind trying to keep track of factors, we also have developed ROSE to allow for a great variance of complexity within its simple features and it continues to ever expand as we add more and more.

That being said, I'm going to respond to a few direct topics just recently noted as part of feedback.

Give us back some of our def so we can actually defend ourselves some with all the updates in attacks for the other classes.

• Clerics defenses are where we want them now. However in regards to survivability, we recognize a high desire for more. The thing is, there are mechanics for Clerics that no other class has to offer, to support a Cleric very well. Currently, the best supportive skill a non-Cleric could provide is [Protection], from a Knight, which would offer a 50% reduction to damage for 30 seconds, with a 35 second cooldown. However, this also requires a Knight be present and with the mentality of needing to protect their Cleric!

Give us back some of our MP so that clerics don't have to give up the blocking skills and the use of other defensive skills just to get freakin flames to give Mp

• MP was not taken away, cost was merely increased, however to help compensate for that, so were the MP Recovery skills which turned out to be under-used. The choice of which skills to choose, based on your build or what role you wish to provide, is one of the challenges you will be faced with. As we continue on, every class will come to that kind of challenge, with having more options than skill points will allow, even with adding additional levels. There are many, many options out there to try and choose from, and with future development plans and endeavors, more options will open up and likely make sustaining those builds easier within gear, given enough time.

Give us back the ability to tweak our builds to fit our game play and actually be a help to our team.  That is our role, let us actually do that.

• You have the ability to tweak your build to fit your game play. I believe what you are asking for is a way to have more, so you can handle more. The idea that you are being overwhelmed is not a failing of your build or weakness of your class, it is simply a matter that, there are 7 classes that are against you, and you are the only class that does, what you do. Something we're working on is a means to help widen the side of support, so others may help lighten your heavy burden. I honestly don't think Clerics, no matter the build, have it so horrible, but yes I do think they have a lot of pressure on them and are over-taxed for their role. I've seen and heard about games, where when multiple support Clerics are available to a side, the games are much more challenging and fun. This proved to me, it isn't that the class is weak, is it that there is simply not enough support offered as play choices. So we're going to be working on that.

I hope this helps everyone out a bit in the expectations for the future. I really do appreciate the feedback and well thought suggestions given. They will be heavily considered and reviewed with the data we've been collecting for game play.

#147 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

Everyone just cries in order to make their class op. 

Give them a finger and they will want the whole hand.

To be honest I wouldn't make changes based on community opinion, you need a trusted source for that or at least good supporting data and not just: "change this because this and that". 

#148 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

You can't do much with a hand though, can't I have an entire body?

#149 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Everyone just cries in order to make their class op. 

Give them a finger and they will want the whole hand.

To be honest I wouldn't make changes based on community opinion, you need a trusted source for that or at least good supporting data and not just: "change this because this and that". 

Indeed LexLoyalty, which is why we do refer to the data we collect to make decisions on based on fact, however as a game goes, the "feeling" is also important because if it's not fun, you don't want to play. :)

You can't do much with a hand though, can't I have an entire body?

No, you've had enough for today. Back to the cellar with you zombie!...

.... wait, you're not a zombie... jerremy!

#150 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

No, you've had enough for today. Back to the cellar with you zombie!...

.... wait, you're not a zombie... jerremy!

Can't even differentiate between zombies and ghosts. Tch..

Also I prefer closets over cellars, pretty please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users