#1 Aikyou

Aikyou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hi all, 

As one of your VCRs, I have to do a bit of weekly -_--work and write a report. I can work long hours sometimes, so something like the Priest google docs sheet wont be up for a bit. Rest assured, the main points will be addressed in the report - hit rate, SP issues, and other issues related to the utility of our skills.

But first and foremost, before any talk of skills are mentioned, it would be useful to find out what everyone considers the nature of the Sorcerer class to be. Here is an excerpt from my weekly report:

The sorcerer class, as it has been played in SEA and NA servers is seen to be about two things – damage output and (AoE) healing. Sorcerers do not possess DoT skills, CC skills, and lack quick self defence skills (Shadow Armour or Ice Wall for instance). Because of this, the ability of a Sorcerer to one-shot an opponent through PvP was always balanced as there were many avenues for Sorcerers to be disabled before landing a critically damaging hit. Add to this the fact that Sorcerers can be interrupted mid-cast when opponents move behind the Sorcerer.

I am not of the view that Sorcerers should have access to the above listed sorts of skills, but our main tenets – damage output and healing should be enhanced. Overall, Sorcerers ARE NOT overpowered and were never as overpowered as people have complained. People dislike being one-shot’ed, which is the main basis for such baseless complaints. Further, given sufficient defence, Sorcerers are not able to one-shot tankier classes such as Warriors.

Overwhelmingly, Sorcerers feel they have been nerfed, in comparison to other classes. The fact of the matter is that there has been practically no improvement in the Sorcerer class with the AoV expansion. In comparison, other classes have had their skills improved dramatically. This is equivalent to a heavy nerf, particularly when SP issues are considered. 

I will note that views other than mine, may be quite compatible still, as I believe it is the wish of most Sorcerers that there should be more than one playstyle for Sorcs (in contrast to the standard hybrid pre-AoV),

Please put down your opinions, and also your IGN. Please refrain from commenting unless you play Sorcerer as your main class. If you want to complain about sorcs, use the balance thread, where I will tear down your illogical argument that SORC ARE OP NERF. Reasoned arguments are welcome.

fyi all reports will be in standard Australian English. 

#2 tebroc

tebroc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

This. Seriously, I could count the number of times I've actually managed to one-shot someone on one hand. We're casters, we're slow and don't have a lot of maneuverability and we're pretty terrible at sustained damage, but we're supposed to make up for all that with the burst that colo crybabies complain about. Sorc damage is also highly luck-based, I mean you have to get the wind emblem proc, and then hope your JT or VS crits, if it even hits at all because they often miss and you have to wait for the VS cooldown, but JT is a pain in the ass with the casting time. And now hit rate and crit rate are less than pre-AoV, oh goody!

Do people really still complain about sorcs being OP though? There are a bunch of other classes than can one-shot now [so far I've seen warriors, rogues, beastmasters, and monks do it]

PvE-wise, I can't keep up with other classes due to sp cost, even with full Osiris gear. I have to keep water emblem on or I'll run out of sp within a minute, but without wind emblem on my DPS sucks and my threat would be near the bottom [only higher than other sorcs, and sm].

Healing I can do fine, with earth emblem maxed, but obviously not as good as sm or priest.

IGN: Corbet

#3 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

We're not as overpowered as everyone seem to think. We're different classes with different outputs. Sorcs have a bachelor degree with burst damage, just as rangers have their fast dps and BMs have their seemingly impenetrable defence(?), to name a few classes. 

We can 1-hit certain classes, but as Corbet has said, it is highly luck-based. This is true for most of the classes though. Most of the time I just miss, or get cut off because of my frustratingly slow casting time (given that Memorise is on cd). I put everything on AGI, even runes. I have some decent runes (normal and coloured), but my card set is crap (It's not even a set, it's like five of the same cards xD).  AND I still miss. 

PVE isn't really that bad except for SP consumption, I ... down blue pots like water (... there goes the little zeny I have) when fighting bosses. I'm one of the unicorn sorcs, who actually didn't go to the fire build. Just because I didn't want to go to the dark side. But I imagine that those sorcs who did get fireball have an even bigger problem with SP consumption. 

With regards to class improvements, I do get jealous everytime I see other classes with their shiny new buff or whatever, but I'd rather see the hit/dodge thing fixed before anything else. Since that's where all our problems come from.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users