Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

Hi everyone I am your lovely VCR :D 

To all crecentia that have questions/concern or if you have interesting idea about our class feel free to post it in here.

Or pm me ingame Quetzalcoatlx or my mate YamiLotus :D We need you help to make our class better !! yay!

#2 YamiSuki

YamiSuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Warning: So many Lies in the description --> He aint lovely at all :)) and Im not his mate :D but if you got question email it to me on fourm/post here or if u find me in game please do ask. 

#3 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

LOOOOOOL haha

#4 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Would cres be willing to share their dots with rangers ?

#5 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

you have to learn the art of being a noel :D hail thee noel with bow!

#6 6489131208074303173

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

24 March 2014 Crecentia Suggestions

1. Design: I would like to see my scythe on my back.
2. Gear: mooooar Agi pls or at least fix the Hit/Dodge thing. PAttk on Weapon like Pre Aov
3. Evanesco Rework: Thought of a buff, (that can be casted on Players for example: You are in a5 man team and your Evanesco is lvl 5 = 10%. You cast it on a second player. Both players will now reflect the dmg, but for 5% and so on.
4. Imperio and Mayhem Rework: -Either make Mayhem a Debuff Skill, that can be casted when Imperio is active on the target.
     -Or Mayhem can be randomly triggered, when Imperio is active on the target.(At least once)
     -Make Imperio a range AoE like Evanesco, for better control of the skill
5. Levicorpus Rework: - Def Buff should be always triggered (On Jump)
                      - Sleep Debuff should be applied on the Impact, when it hits (Right now, it is only applied if you are standing next to your opponent.)
                      - This is only an extra, but the Sleep Debuff should removed all currently damaging Dots on the opponent. (CC Purposes and such.)
6. Awaken: Return the 100% Heal. No discrimination please.
7. Earth Worm: Add the description that it roots the caster for the duration of the animation. (I'd like the rooting to be removed, but it would make us Crecs more Op so meh)

Extras:
I'm not sure if I am the only one who wants a Dot Timer on my Interface. I have the urge to track my Dots.

Thats it for now, CnC and such..

~RoarXt

#7 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Can we discuss the fact that our Osiris weapon has parry instead of Hit like everyone else's?

#8 YamiSuki

YamiSuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

@

For weapon with Parry, I have gone over it for *million times* already with suggestion and talk (jking not that many but seriously). So all we can do is wait for it to happen.

@

I dont think that revamp would actually work. To be honest, the 20% is already almost nothing which make sharing and dividing % even worse,

Imperio right now doesnt require target which is quite nice but if you have to make it aoe range and require target it could be a mess.

The current Levicorpus work perfectly fine. It show that you dont get to use it without a brain. Have to time it to use it. I would rather keep it that way + the % sleep hit at 5/5 is already 100%.

#9 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

2. Gear: mooooar Agi pls or at least fix the Hit/Dodge thing. PAttk on Weapon like Pre Aov
3. Evanesco Rework: Thought of a buff, (that can be casted on Players for example: You are in a5 man team and your Evanesco is lvl 5 = 10%. You cast it on a second player. Both players will now reflect the dmg, but for 5% and so on.
4. Imperio and Mayhem Rework: -Either make Mayhem a Debuff Skill, that can be casted when Imperio is active on the target.
     -Or Mayhem can be randomly triggered, when Imperio is active on the target.(At least once)
                      - Sleep Debuff should be applied on the Impact, when it hits (Right now, it is only applied if you are standing next to your opponent.)
                      - This is only an extra, but the Sleep Debuff should removed all currently damaging Dots on the opponent. (CC Purposes and such.)
7. Earth Worm: Add the description that it roots the caster for the duration of the animation. (I'd like the rooting to be removed, but it would make us Crecs more Op so meh)

Extras:
I'm not sure if I am the only one who wants a Dot Timer on my Interface. I have the urge to track my Dots.

~RoarXt

Yes. through my report the first thing that i went through is about the scythe. Imagining that Cres has no agility so if in case the Hit/Dodge bug is fixed we are screwed. Just casting Furnuculus all over the place. I hope they will work on it and add Agi on our gears and rebalance the scythe to Str=Int and i'm not being biased since I am a Str type. It is because since before AoV the scythe really gives equal amount of STR/INT/ATTACK/MAGIC.

About the Evanesco, yes I have gone through this one. Everyone wanted this as a party buff but only 5-15% and my concern to this is the skill point consumption. We all know how we lack in skill points. If they make this 5/5 this might make this better.

Awaken Darkness.. yeah i've gone through this aswell in my report. As well as having the scythe appearing when not in combat.

About the Imperio/Mayhem, this might take a while and I might need everyone suggestion about this thing. Right now suggestion that I have taken is

- Add Mayhem effect on Imperio for lesser skill point consumption. While Imperio will change its effect to decrease Cast Speed.

- Add Mayhem on Contigency as an effect. Since Contigency has 11sec cooldown if you have good gears. And lowering the duration of silence to 2-3 sec

- Switch Mayhem and Imperio Position, although this will leave the Imperio useless.

- Make Mayhem a buff that whoever attacks you will have % to get silenced but can only be used outside of battle.

Right now, Im taking in suggestion about this two skill.

Another one that I have putted in my report is the Crucio bug. Like whenever we kill people with Crucio debuffs on they will die. This annoy people when we battle them. So yeah its for everyone's benefit.

My next report will consist the Stigma Mastery knowing its description is saying "chance to make normal hit a critical hit" which ummm.. doesn't make sense. This should be by skill damage and with higher percentage or make it like easier target when they have stigmas on. I accept suggestion for it but I assure that this should be changed to skill damage instead of normal attack.

If you have anymore suggestion feel free to mail me/pm me in game or reply in the posts.

Edited by kuyakayson12, 24 March 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#10 MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

Unfortunately, this is just an overall idea, but in terms of overall balance, Furnunculus is the most OP DoT ingame. However, due to hit rate/lack of agi for crecs, it's our main strategy in pvp, also due to the fact that furn lands 100% of the time. While I would not support furn losing any accuracy at all, it would be nice to see all our other skills get buffed in some way. For example, Illusion Blade having a 30% chance to stun on hit or Evanesco/Imperio/Mayhem actually being viable debuffs period.

Or, well, crec having a hit rate buff, but I don't think hit rate will be too much of a problem the day they fix the hit rate. (Ofc, I might change my tune on that idea if they ever fix the hit rate formula to actually work, but who knows?)

Also, Awake Darkness not having a full heal despite it basically being our equivalent to Ymir Child form ain't cool. Bring that back ASAP!

#11 Excellus

Excellus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

I think our VCR's should pull their resorces together and make new and updated guides on the class :D "Thinking about making a Crecentia"

#12 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

Also, Awake Darkness not having a full heal despite it basically being our equivalent to Ymir Child form ain't cool. Bring that back ASAP!

^ This. And I don't eve have a crecentia myself. I do, however, have SM. If I remember, didn't Noel's Awake forms used to heal them like Ymir does? Not sure if it got changed later, or it never happened. Fact is...since Noels cannot get Ymir form, their equivalent (Awake) should fullheal them as well. 

#13 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

^ This. And I don't eve have a crecentia myself. I do, however, have SM. If I remember, didn't Noel's Awake forms used to heal them like Ymir does? Not sure if it got changed later, or it never happened. Fact is...since Noels cannot get Ymir form, their equivalent (Awake) should fullheal them as well. 

yes yes, poor us :( btw i like your signature. I LOL'd!

#14 lonelyx20

lonelyx20

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIn your hearts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

Yeah, make Awake Darkness have heals, then disable the Death Grip... (Didn't you realized that cres gets a 7 sec Mini Nuke?)

I don't want to sound antagonistic but I don't want my class to be op...

#15 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

Yeah, make Awake Darkness have heals, then disable the Death Grip... (Didn't you realized that cres gets a 7 sec Mini Nuke?)

I don't want to sound antagonistic but I don't want my class to be op...

Death Grip can only be used at awake sadly, knowing Warrior's rage strike has same cooldown / Knight's Shield Cannon has the same / BeastMaster's Brutal Strike and alot more. So I don't really see any problems with the Death Grip knowing for pvp, noone wants people in Ymir. XD and I don't understand what you meant by "disable deathgrip"

#16 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

Extras:

~RoarXt

1: I really absolutely love that my lil Cres does NOT carry around that scythe out of combat. I would be rather upset were this to ever change. Going all "Hammer space" with the scythe is something I really love.

2: Our PAtk really isn't as bad in the end as some make it sound (the formulas make it so that you need a lot more MAtk to match up to PAtk, which is why our MAtk values are way higher). This is probably why people don't even realize that Bram Gush is a PAtk skill. However, I agree that this might be a flaw in the formula as it is still left with the presentation that PAtk is worse for a Cres automatically. Additionally, instead of throwing around random Agi-type stats to fix the Agi factor of our class, it might be way more efficient to simply change the way the Agi formulas work, so that this automatically is way more balanced. This level of change would fix a lot of PvP behaviour honestly too, making PvP a lot more open to skill sets (only thing then left to consider is how efficient Crucio and Contingency's DoTs are compared to Furn). Overall, in both cases of stats, I think the flaw originates from the original formula.

3: The ML Grade of Eva is an AoE effect, applying the skill to multiple targets at a max of 20%. A simple and direct conversion from a enemy debuff to an allied buff is still probably the most efficient application of this skill. They could even get crafty and make it a self buff which levels 6-9 apply a "while within ?m from 1-4 allies, closest 1-4 allies also share this buff", just to apply a similar effect to how the skill seems to want to work (it seems to want to focus on self). The max level would apply to "all allies while they are in range". Effectively saying this would then be like a damage reflection aura by level 6. This at a 20% reflect would be suitable enough for it's design. Spending 10 points on this however... might still be a costly process. The offset might simply be that the skill "isn't doing enough" and should have something similar to Levicorpus (the original effect + a small additional bonus feature). What this additional feature would be however is completely up to dispute, I personally have no immediate ideas on it (it should follow the same theme at least).

4: If Imperio targeted Vigor instead of Haste, first off, that would fix a world of things with this skill set. Doubled cooldown of skills in pvp, while still retaining a double wait time for mob attacks, and suddenly Imperio is absolutely perfect. Mayhem might be improved if it did something like "One of the targets (randomly picked) affected by Imperio has silence applied (100% guarenteed chance here) for 2/4/6 sec (based on skill level)." The weird attribute seems to be both a counter for it being an aoe and a comparison to stun skills (which are usually at 3s durations). Revoking the AoE factor to make it reliable on one target is one possible solution, but I suspect that a much longer duration is out of the question (they want it similar to stun skills). As such, unless people want it reliable on a single target, Mayhem is probably left best the way it is (the "Contingency" idea would do this well too, using the same design above, as well as the next-hit buff idea in some design of the same). Imperio being applied to Vigor is really the only thing needed to attain visible results with this skill.

5: Levicorpus is honestly perfect the way it is. I see no reason for changing anything honestly. Some classes get this same defense buff with no additional sleep effect. It is similarly a clear close range design that honestly works well (so the application of sleep shouldn't be changed either). Additionally, revoking DoTs on sleep I suspect would break more than it would fix, so I really don't like this idea.

6: Some people think that since Awakening gives new skills, that it should no longer heal. However, Awakening does not give new skills, instead one has to learn them on the side manually with added skill points. Death Grip thus is a Burst skill (contrary to most classes having their spike skills), in which in the small window of Awakening it is available without much of a cooldown, but after awakening it's down for an extended duration. The number of uses in a 10 minute window is actually on par with Tempest. A burst skill is an interesting design (and probably one which should have been more common, other classes might be entertained with a burst skill system too), but should not revoke fair design for equal par transformations. However, I do agree that our Awakenings actually yield more benefits than other Ymirs. The solution however I believe should be reversed. Instead of giving Awakening healing, revoke all Ymir healing and then give a class-based unique benefit for each Ymir form (similar to our defense buff and SM's heal buff). Such should solve this adequately.

7: This effect is really common across a plentiful number of skills for all classes, and mentioning each case of such would get rather messy (Tempest used to do this too). Making clear which ones apply and which don't really isn't an important thing to worry about, as there are even other plenitudes of unique behaviours in other skills which could be tracked like this, but honestly would only yield mess. As such, this isn't really important either, and in fact is probably more undesired.

8: Easiest way to achieve this would be to see debuff duration remaining on your selected target (which occurs in some games), though this can be considered unfair in some ways. However, I think the simplest way to address this issue then while not giving away status durations on the target is to use a flicker animation. The way things are now on the character is how things are normally, but when there is 10 seconds left the debuff would flicker with some sort of animation showing the debuff is almost gone. In the last 3 seconds, this would intensify. If the animation had a 1s loop, that makes it really easy to figure out.

#17 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

Hi guys! My name is Emperana from SEA server (I'm the crec in this video)

Just like u guys I want all good things for Crecentia and what u guys did here will effect us in future so I want to help u guys with my ideas.

1. Can we raise Contigency's damage? It's too low now and I think 10-15% of PATK per stack so it will be around 50-75% at 5 stack. I think its is good enough since our PATK is not much and we need time to stack it for fully effect.

2. We need gap-close skill that allow us to take care of those range classes. My idea is revamp Earth Worm because the animation is too long. I think immediately approach and slow them for 30% instead of decrease 70% movement speed at level 5.

3. About Awake: Darkness & Death Grip. Now all class can transform into Ymir form and that made Awake & Death Grip become our's weakness. In my opinion, make Death Grip usable without Awake but increase cooldown to 10 or 15s is the best.

That's all my ideas for now :3

Tell me what u guys think about it and sorry for my very bad english :P

Edited by HikariKouka, 07 April 2014 - 04:16 AM.

#18 lonelyx20

lonelyx20

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIn your hearts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

3. About Awake: Darkness & Death Grip. Now all class can transform into Ymir form and that made Awake & Death Grip become our's weakness. In my opinion, make Death Grip usable without Awake but increase cooldown to 10 or 15s is the best.

Oh please, for the love of Buddha, No....

-Edit-

Instead, I suggest to make Death Grip an instant cast, and prolong its cooldown to 10sec

Edited by lonelyx20, 07 April 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#19 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

Hi guys! My name is Emperana from SEA server (I'm the crec in this video)
Just like u guys I want all good things for Crecentia and what u guys did here will effect us in future so I want to help u guys with my ideas.

1. Can we raise Contigency's damage? It's too low now and I think 10-15% of PATK per stack so it will be around 50-75% at 5 stack. I think its is good enough since our PATK is not much and we need time to stack it for fully effect.

2. We need gap-close skill that allow us to take care of those range classes. My idea is revamp Earth Worm because the animation is too long. I think immediately approach and slow them for 30% instead of decrease 70% movement speed at level 5.

That's all my ideas for now :3
Tell me what u guys think about it and sorry for my very bad english :P

1: Most people want Contingency (and Crucio) to actually hit for something worthwhile. That's been on the board for a while really. Your formula would also be better for the DoT if, instead of "of PAtk", you said "of Physical Damage (PDmg) caused by the original hit" (which also works for Crucio using Magic Damage/MDmg too). The difference might sound subtle, but the effect would be substantial. So substantial, that in doing so it might be best to use your low range instead of the high range after doing so.

2: Forced movement with Earth Worm isn't good as in some cases, EW is used as an escape move or simply to slow down an enemy from approaching. However, maybe then the idea is better if, instead of a teleport, it was more of a "Move speed leech" move, where using it not only slowed down your enemy (50%), but also increased your own speed (30%), or something, and then make it usable while mobile. That allows it to be useful for both retreat and approach.

3: One of the fundamental points of Death Grip right now is that it's a burst skill which can only be used a few times per 10 minutes. Revoking the need for awakening would mean this skill would need to be converted into a spike skill (like Tempest) instead. As such, we're talking about a cooldown of 30-60 seconds at minimum if it no longer needs Awakening. I personally dislike this solution, and think it may be more interesting if instead other classes get their own burst ymir skill.

#20 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

1: Most people want Contingency (and Crucio) to actually hit for something worthwhile. That's been on the board for a while really. Your formula would also be better for the DoT if, instead of "of PAtk", you said "of Physical Damage (PDmg) caused by the original hit" (which also works for Crucio using Magic Damage/MDmg too). The difference might sound subtle, but the effect would be substantial. So substantial, that in doing so it might be best to use your low range instead of the high range after doing so.

2: Forced movement with Earth Worm isn't good as in some cases, EW is used as an escape move or simply to slow down an enemy from approaching. However, maybe then the idea is better if, instead of a teleport, it was more of a "Move speed leech" move, where using it not only slowed down your enemy (50%), but also increased your own speed (30%), or something, and then make it usable while mobile. That allows it to be useful for both retreat and approach.

3: One of the fundamental points of Death Grip right now is that it's a burst skill which can only be used a few times per 10 minutes. Revoking the need for awakening would mean this skill would need to be converted into a spike skill (like Tempest) instead. As such, we're talking about a cooldown of 30-60 seconds at minimum if it no longer needs Awakening. I personally dislike this solution, and think it may be more interesting if instead other classes get their own burst ymir skill.

Ty for reply me!

About Earth Worm revamp, I want it to be a teleport skill & slow because we're melee and we need it for pvp. Battle Leap, Shield Charge, Beast Charge, Shadow Assault, Lightning Walk are strong disable skills (stun & knock down not just slow) and they are also teleport skills. I want this to be fair for all melee class because range classes can poke us to dead easily because we dont have any teleport skill while Wiz and Sorc got Freeze skills, Ranger got Acrobatic, Priest and SM can heal them self and they also got disable skills.

You can see it's huge disadvantage for Crecentia because we are melee and dont have teleport. So I think revamp Earth Worm to a teleport & slow skill is perfect for us. I dont think Crecentia need a retreat skill since Crecentia is melee, only range classes need retreat skill and yea they all got it already.

The reason for Tempest got 60s cooldown because it's dissable skill with insta cast and 3 sec stun. Not like Death Grip, we need time to cast and it can be interrupt by enemy. Compare to other melee classes we can see they all got teleport skill and it's also their disable skill like I said above so what we need now is a nuke and Death Grip can satisfy that if we can use it in normal mode. The reason why I not treat Tempest like a nuke skill because it cooldown is too long and need to stack sigma for fully effect, another reason is our PATK is not that high to make Tempest a nuke skill. Better treat it like a disable skill instead of nuke skill. I think increase the cooldown of Death Grip to 20 sec is the best and fair because Rage Strike, Shield Cannon, Shadow Explosion, Moonlight Dance, Guillotine Fist (60s cd but they can reset and hit twice a in row) are same with Death Grip. They got high damage and decent cooldown (10-20s) not to mention that they're insta cast. I didnt mention about BM because I dont play that but I know BM is OP rightnow.

That's what I think :3 Tell me what u guys thinking  :P I will be glad to discuss with u guys :3

Edited by HikariKouka, 07 April 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#21 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Ty for reply me!

About Earth Worm revamp, I want it to be a teleport skill & slow because we're melee and we need it for pvp. Battle Leap, Shield Charge, Beast Charge, Shadow Assault, Lightning Walk are strong disable skills (stun & knock down not just slow) and they are also teleport skills. I want this to be fair for all melee class because range classes can poke us to dead easily because we dont have any teleport skill while Wiz and Sorc got Freeze skills, Ranger got Acrobatic, Priest and SM can heal them self and they also got disable skills.
You can see it's huge disadvantage for Crecentia because we are melee and dont have teleport. So I think revamp Earth Worm to a teleport & slow skill is perfect for us. I dont think Crecentia need a retreat skill since Crecentia is melee, only range classes need retreat skill and yea they all got it already.

The reason for Tempest got 60s cooldown because it's dissable skill with insta cast and 3 sec stun. Not like Death Grip, we need time to cast and it can be interrupt by enemy. Compare to other melee classes we can see they all got teleport skill and it's also their disable skill like I said above so what we need now is a nuke and Death Grip can satisfy that if we can use it in normal mode. The reason why I not treat Tempest like a nuke skill because it cooldown is too long and need to stack sigma for fully effect, another reason is our PATK is not that high to make Tempest a nuke skill. Better treat it like a disable skill instead of nuke skill. I think increase the cooldown of Death Grip to 20 sec is the best and fair because Rage Strike, Shield Cannon, Shadow Explosion, Moonlight Dance, Guillotine Fist (60s cd but they can reset and hit twice a in row) are same with Death Grip. They got high damage and decent cooldown (10-20s) not to mention that they're insta cast. I didnt mention about BM because I dont play that but I know BM is OP rightnow.

That's what I think :3 Tell me what u guys thinking  :P I will be glad to discuss with u guys :3

Earth Worm:
Not all actions for Crescentia are melee-driven. Personally, I actually save my EW as an escape move. Additionally, when we get back to raiding with Dark Whisper, we're going to have to be good with doing at least half of our damage at range (too squishy), and EW will end up good for cutting down rampaging ads in those ugly moments. As a wide AoE, it's way more useful as a deterrent than a chaser, even if it can still be used as a chaser too. If you want a good chaser, it might be better as something else (in fact, you could turn Death Grip into a chaser if it was converted from Burst to Spike).

Death Grip:
The cooldown mentioned was in direct conversion to how many times it can be used in a 10 minute window. Consider the numbers as if you had no vigor. The skill has a 10s cooldown (yes that's the original cooldown without vigor), and can only be used during a 3 minute window every 10 minutes. This yields 18 uses over 10 minutes. A skill with a 30s cooldown can be used 20 times over 10 minutes. A skill with a 60s cooldown can be used 10 times over 10 minutes. This means if the cooldown for Death Grip was 35s and no longer required Awakening, you would have the exact same amount of uses overtime as it grants now with Awakening required (a direct conversion from burst to spike). You might get away with dropping the requirement for Awakening, but I see no reason at all for increasing the frequency of use overtime. 30s is the absolutely shortest acceptable cooldown (and if you throw in things like the chaser feature mentioned in my comment above under Earth Worm, this cooldown would have to go up). 45s isn't even unreasonable, considering that spike skills are easier to combo than burst skills, and Death Grip's party damage bonus gets really substantial. 60s though might apply if you adjust the skill in other ways (such as the chaser trait), but going higher than that would really cut down on it's value, so that's really not recommended (and thus this is probably the highest cooldown acceptable).

On a passing note, I wouldn't recommend discounting Tempest either. Remember that PAtk and MAtk are not calculated the same way. Increasing your MAtk by 100 does not increase your damage the same way that 100 more PAtk would (100 more PAtk actually does much more than 100 more MAtk). I really don't think it's good that these two damage types have such different weights, as it seems to greatly confuse the community. I mean, I find it interesting that you value melee so much but say you're MAtk is more important than PAtk (considering that every single melee attack a Cres has uses PAtk, and all ranged attacks use MAtk, without exception).

#22 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

I'm pvp type of player but I dont think Crecentia is squishy in raid! Before I were both tanker and damage dealer at the same time in any dungeon.

The reasons I said Crecentia is not squishy because:

- We got decent of HP & Defense

- Blindness

- Levicorpus

- High parry rate

- Decrease 15% damage taken in awake mode

I said we are melee because:

- Most of our core skills are melee type such as Diem Wind, Illusion Blade, Tempest, Contingency.

- Dots from Crucio & Fununculus cant be use rapidly which mean u must wait. And yea I'm sure damage done from both Crucio & Fununculus are very low compare to Diem Wind, Illusion Blade, Tempest, Contingency at the same time (30 sec maybe). You cant do half of crecentia's damage by just standing far away from boss. Trust me! I've tried it before.

If you think we need to stay away from boss and do half of our damage then u should agree with me that 20s cooldown is best for Death Grip without Awake  :heh:

And yea I think 30s is fine without Awake  :rice:

Land of Darkness will take care ads for u and not EW, dont worry about it  :p_smile:

The reason why I think we need to revamp EW are:

- Cast animation sux 

- It need time to reach to target

Earth Worm should look like this:

- Teleport the the target and knock down the target for 2s

or - Immediately slow the target from far and can be cast when moving

or - Instead of slow make it bound the target for 10 sec

Ty anyway  :thx:

#23 lonelyx20

lonelyx20

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIn your hearts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

I'm pvp type of player but I dont think Crecentia is squishy in raid! Before I were both tanker and damage dealer at the same time in any dungeon.

The reasons I said Crecentia is not squishy because:

- We got decent of HP & Defense

- Blindness

- Levicorpus

- High parry rate

- Decrease 15% damage taken in awake mode

I said we are melee because:

- Most of our core skills are melee type such as Diem Wind, Illusion Blade, Tempest, Contingency.

- Dots from Crucio & Fununculus cant be use rapidly which mean u must wait. And yea I'm sure damage done from both Crucio & Fununculus are very low compare to Diem Wind, Illusion Blade, Tempest, Contingency at the same time (30 sec maybe). You cant do half of crecentia's damage by just standing far away from boss. Trust me! I've tried it before.

If you think we need to stay away from boss and do half of our damage then u should agree with me that 20s cooldown is best for Death Grip without Awake  :heh:

And yea I think 30s is fine without Awake  :rice:

Land of Darkness will take care ads for u and not EW, dont worry about it  :p_smile:

The reason why I think we need to revamp EW are:

- Cast animation sux 

- It need time to reach to target

Earth Worm should look like this:

- Teleport the the target and knock down the target for 2s

or - Immediately slow the target from far and can be cast when moving

or - Instead of slow make it bound the target for 10 sec

Ty anyway  :thx:

Tanker?

You know you should consider this following facts..

1. Cres are support type debuffer. It means that we are not a mainstream class.

2. Tanks have armors, cres use clothes. Even though we have high defence or parry, our armor is pretty inclined on giving us more damage.

3. Levicorpus is only the cres skill, designed for emergency only.

4. Awake mode is equal to ymir, but it gives us a buff everytime we made crit.

5. Blindness is designed for helping our tanks in a boss battle, not helping ourselves to solo every raid.

There are two types of Cres, the int and the balanced

Int are the ones that stay away from boss, debuffing from the side. I'm an int-type and I know how it plays, there's no need for a 20s Nuke or whatever. Why I disagree? I would never imagine losing my mp in a fast rate. When doing Death Grip while at Awake, it consumes an estimated 70% of my mp and Awake only last for 3 mins?

for the earthworm

There's no need to revamp this skill, the skill is good as it is atm.

Teleporting the target will just make chaos, imagine, you teleport the target and then slow him? or knock down him for 2s? This skill is a PVE design skill for Crowd Control not a main DPS skill.

And oh yeah, if your damage with Furnunculus is low compared to others, means your build missed something. People measure how powerful is the Cres on their furnunculus' damage and many class envied our dot.

#24 HikariKouka

HikariKouka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:22 AM

1. Cres are support type debuffer. It means that we are not a mainstream class.

- You are wrong. We are DPS class. Not just make advantage for our raid members, helping our raid members (debuff) while providing a tons of dps is our job. Did you ever see a real crec in raid? You can check my video above to see what Crecentia's dps mean. (It's before AoV came)

2. Tanks have armors, cres use clothes. Even though we have high defence or parry, our armor is pretty inclined on giving us more damage.

- I'm not said Crecentia is pure tank. Since AoV came everyone can solo all dungeon without any problem so I will not talk about this but before AoV. Crecentia shared same amount of VIT with Monk & defense with Sin which mean we were pretty tanky at that time in raid. And with high Parry rate & Levicorpus, I didnt saw any problem while tank all bosses in Chaos  :yawn: 

3. Levicorpus is only the cres skill, designed for emergency only.

- Yea it's our skill and it can be use everytime boss do AoE. I don't know what ur "emergency" mean  :questionmark:

4. Awake mode is equal to ymir, but it gives us a buff everytime we made crit.

- Yea but remember your dot cant crit  :ok:  Mean you need to use melee type of skills to buff your members right or it will be a waste.

5. Blindness is designed for helping our tanks in a boss battle, not helping ourselves to solo every raid.

- It's not only help our tank but all members in raid. Just use it when u know boss gonna do AoE and everyone will be safe  :no1:  Switch beween Raw Tilt & Blindness is a must for every Crecentia. It's basic skill of play.

6. There are two types of Cres, the int and the balanced.

- The "INT type" you are talking about only borned after AoV came. Because most of our core skills are broken and must rely on Furnunculus.

- Before and after next balance patch, I don't think there are "INT type" Crecentia who only stand from far away and act like a support  :rice:

- MP is not our problem. What would you do after Awake fade out? Crucio & Furnuculus? Crucio need time to active it 300% damage and Furnuculus stronger every 5s so you can't use it rapidly. 

7. We don't need Earth Worm for PvE since Land of Darkness is doing good job now. Let the ads for the sub-tank to handle, it's not your job. If you want to help the sub-tank then cast Land of Darkness on him.  And I didn't mean to make EW become a dps skill, I just want it to become a pvp skill.

Last! I don't mean to act arrogant but I'm sure I were stronger than 80% Crecentia in NA server before AoV came  :rice: Noels came to SEA server before came to NA and I immediately main a crecentia when it came to SEA so I think my experience about Crecentia in raid & pvp is not that low for you to teach me about Furnuculus  :thx:

Don't you see the price for Furnuculus to become OP in this patch is too expensive? We lose Crucio & Contigency and we're nearly blind because hit/dogde rate of us are too low. Before AoV my furnuculus with chaos gears is around 900 per tick, crucio is around 800 and contigency is around 1200 with full stack. And my Furnuculus now around 3,5k with Osiris gears, do the math and see how much dps we can gain with Osiris gear if our skills didn't change  :heh:  And I don't see any benefit from it since I can't touch others classes after cast Furnuculus  :heh: What should I do? Run around & pray

Edited by HikariKouka, 11 April 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#25 Lanie

Lanie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

April 23's patch is slated to change the current Hit/Dodge formula, so that Crescentia will be capable of hitting with their other skills, and Furn will not be the only reserves for "applying hit". Don't forget that one of the big AoV changes was the damage formulas (making Int get a major cutback in all formulas), which at first made caster classes lives hard until Int was magnified. The fact that Int and Str are no longer equal though raises a lot of illusions of how good MAtk is expected to be though, causing a lot of Int-focal builds. The fact that a single stat point only gives +1 int or +1 str with such a formula though could be really considered broken.

There is also the fact that people getting level 10 Crucio are those who have given up on the 300% damage hit bonus and just want it for it's brute on-cast damage (aka, not so much the DoT end-spike anymore, due to how level 10 has such a long dot duration). A long range attack pattern involves sustaining Latilt/Furn while spamming a sequence of Crucio mixed in with random ranged attacks such as LoD and Curse Burst, in addition to occasional Earth Worms (not frequent, due to sp costs on this one). The core of this damage is sustained by Crucio and Furn, with most of Crucio's damage being on-hit instead of DoT if done correctly. This still works well with Awakening too, since Crucio's on-hit damage can be critical, also sustained by CB sequences too, and Death Grip can help supplement the ranged damage further. The only thing this lacks is stigma generation skills and Contingency.

Some people honestly seem to expect more than is acceptable from their skills. Converting Contingency's DoT to a Life Leech DoT (aka, have some of the DoT's damage return as health to the caster) might sound interesting, but is probably insane when it comes to perspective balance (sorta why people hate Grimtooth atm), even if you throw in the Life Leech attribute into Mayhem. Evanesco might warrant no value now, but some ideas for fixing it are similarly over the top (One person said it should drain SP and HP in Colo when the victim attacks, for every attack on any target, in other words if they hit for 10k, they lose 2k hp and 2k sp... still being an AoE affecting 6 enemies. If they AoE for 2k on 5 enemies, that's also 2k hp and 2k sp lost for self. The SP drain gets broken REALLY fast...). I view these ideas as similar to the idea of giving Earth Worm a 10s AoE Root... every 10s. This would instantly become broken.

Do not forget that the April 23rd patch will also change Crescentia Dot Formulas as well as increase our Str output. Considering the above, and the fact that there are more changes expected, people may need to be prepared to rethink their approach come that patch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users