HP & MP Restoring Items - Changes ahead - Page 2 - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

HP & MP Restoring Items - Changes ahead

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 DarkGero

DarkGero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

[indent=1][font="Arial"]Placing level requirements on restorative items.
Adjusting the weight

Well why not :D if there is no added benefit in carrying more then it seems obvious there is no benefit in doing so. What would you consider a goal. 500 of a hp food would give 2k weight ? Any weight increase would beed to be looked at compared to dealers that would still have a easy time carryingt and scouts too if you look at their passives, sure item mall passives help too but those 2 skill do alot more. Maybe make sure it stays fair across the classes.

keep in mind that you have to consider the classes that dont have the extra weight passives and the classes that have builds that dont require str otherwise u put a weight on them that makes them not worth the space in those classes inventory.

also keep in mind that you need to allow weight for players that are farming for eq pieces rather than etc

ie players farming gear will need more weight available compared to those that are only picking up catalysts, chemicals and dirties as the gear weighs 30-60 times what the etc pieces do

#27 VioletLove

VioletLove

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

I say give us back our food, on the condition, You cannot attack while eating restoration food. (NO more jelly bean gods in UW) Really, who in the world would eat a sandwhich in the middle of a fight? Besides a knuckle sandwhich!!! :D

Edited by VioletLove, 10 November 2010 - 04:54 PM.

#28 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

yeah that was an epic hour long pot battle shift was potting so dan potted back they need to eliminate using pots and food at the same time or else its gonna keep happening

To be honest i never heard of that being an issue UNTIL red jellies became widely distributed...why change game mechanics over one broken im item? The next best thing (red potions im assuming) share a cooldown with regular food, a few stun skills in a pvp fight and potting them wont do you much good. Certainly would make pvp fights with pots end before someone dies of old age.

I say fix the broken IM jellies, then observe how food is used.....

Edited by Sathanas, 10 November 2010 - 04:52 PM.

#29 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

I love this update!!

#30 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

To be honest i never heard of that being an issue UNTIL red jellies became widely distributed...why change game mechanics over one broken im item? The next best thing (red potions im assuming) share a cooldown with regular food, a few stun skills in a pvp fight and potting them wont do you much good. Certainly would make pvp fights with pots end before someone dies of old age.

I say fix the broken IM jellies, then observe how food is used.....

Red potions can make you just as immortal 1v1: http://forums.warppo...ant-heal-items/

#31 Farq

Farq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

This sounds like a good idea. I hope the developers make the healing item level tiers different than the minimum level tiers for weapons and armors. It will give a mini-goal to reach--like when you find a cool new weapon after a battle or at a PC's shop, refine it, and carry it around until you level up and get to bust out with your new toy right then and there. Or the reactions from other players when you hit level 100; and switch to your new armor right there in the field.

I hope the new healing item rules don't make soloing pointless (OK, I use the Sit command a lot when I solo). Sometimes, it's hard finding a party.

#32 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

The weight issue I can understand for players who aren't based on strength, however it also places some value to the items that provide carry capacity as well, to those classes.

Some reasons behind adjusting the weight of these items:

• Adding value to the carry capacity bonus stat.
  • Limiting the number that can be carried.
  • We want players to eventually have a need to return to town for more reasons than being overweight or out of inventory space.
  • Reduces the time a player can continuously use a restorative item as there aren't as many available to hold.

Something to also consider:

With the adjustments to how much HP/MP are given through the use of the foods and potions, you may find that you don't need to carry as many because the values of higher tier items provide more than the lower tiers. So, even though you may be carrying less or even the same amount in number, the overall amount that can be restored is going to be potentially higher in ratio to weight to restorative power.

We want there to be a consideration of how many you carry, how much is restored, to become larger considerations to game play and combat, both in PvP and PvE. We are fully aware that from these changes, game play will be affected both in potentially good and bad ways, depending on your style of game play and we will be keeping an eye on how it works its self out. We have our expectations for the update as well as our reservations behind it. But we feel it is still a necessary aspect of game play that is in need of being updated to our current game environment.

Item Mall Jelly Beans

These items aren't being left out of the matter of use, however they are Item Mall items and intended to be supportive aids above the normal in-game mechanics. In short, they are supposed to break the normal game play mechanics, however we also understand their "invincible" status they have been providing and are considering several options to keep their use a benefit over normal in-game mechanics to the restorative items.

To reiterate and rephrase the goal:

We are giving a distinct design format for the consumable restoratives so that there is a standard basis and expectation behind their use, function and impact to game play. We want to leave the use of these altered mechanics up to you, the player, to decide how to strategically utilize them throughout game play. Through this course of consideration to game play we intend to help provide an added aspect of challenge to game play where as currently some situations are merely using an item as fast as you can and holding as many as possible, to make it through to victory.

#33 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

i cant wait to see it . . .

Edited by paLDube, 10 November 2010 - 06:11 PM.

#34 poopiehead

poopiehead

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

I say give us back our food, on the condition, You cannot attack while eating restoration food. (NO more jelly bean gods in UW) Really, who in the world would eat a sandwhich in the middle of a fight? Besides a knuckle sandwhich!!! :D

IM passivess.

#35 xDevan

xDevan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

"bla bla bla, if u want to keep things the old way buy item mall, bla bla bla"

#36 xidar

xidar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

Weight will be a problem. Unless you u r using teletickets. Orlo has no scrolls eldeon the same and time taken to travel between maps is a big factor. If you go farming you dont go for few minutes u stock up on food before u go. Will it be a choice between drops and food its possible to kill farming if u dont get balance right.

#37 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:48 AM

what about uw pots?
they are the same like red jellys

so do they get the same update like red jellys?

#38 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:43 AM

One question--will the "heal over time" items be sold by NPC or will they be crafted. Actually, I would love to know which items are NPC and which are craftable.

Long, long ago we used to always have shops set up in different high-frequented areas that sold scrolls, food, and ammo. They just upped the price from the NPC to make a profit. I can see this happening again at that level and think its a good thing.

#39 TheWanderer

TheWanderer

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

I don't think this'll turn out too well. Not in a game with a targeting system like this where you're forced to tank something or kill it before it gets to you.

#40 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

I don't use pots I just heal myself :P

#41 BrownBear

BrownBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:05 AM

I spend about 10m-30m on Vital health vials L a week - this allows me to solo prison to farm for matts and box's (I make much more of that money back)
I also use about 10-20 Medal of fortune's a week.

I can farm entrance with using normal food, however I must use the vital health vials in order to stay alive when I go deeper, and many times I still die if i lure too much,, or the next wave comes at me too quickly.

My main concern is seemings I am using a dex bourg to be able to do this - if you guys add a longer cooldown to my vital health vials - I will likely no longer be able to farm mid of prison; Something I spent 450m + making a bourg in order to do so.

I would be extremely upset, agitated and irritated- if I couldn't farm mid of prison... after I have spent so much time, zullies - and real life money in order to be able to do so.

My dex bourg is lvl 204, with 2,500+ dodge - and I still take a whole lot of damage in prison....

I understand that people using a whole lot of pots in PVP is upsetting people, but tbh - it really doesn't cost that much to obtain vital health vials L - if the person doesn't have the zullie to obtain it - they obviously do not have the zullie to obtain gear +15 - witch is why they are getting owned, not because of the vital health vials.

However - I do like the idea of increasing the amount of HP it regens, just please don't totally abolish my somewhat spamable life saving prison farming vials :P

Thanks for showing why this needs to be done.

what about uw pots?
they are the same like red jellys

so do they get the same update like red jellys?

I would assume they are treated the same way as vital waters will be treated, but they just heal more.

#42 Metaleux

Metaleux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:29 AM

Only being able to pot while sitting down is the solution :unsure:

#43 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

i dont use food :unsure:

#44 Cricket1650

Cricket1650

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

i dont use food :unsure:

#45 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

i like your post that uses my post to show that you say the same thing as my post.

so i plus one you sir/and or madam.

#46 Cricket1650

Cricket1650

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

i like your post that uses my post to show that you say the same thing as my post.

so i plus one you sir/and or madam.

I normally would not reply to such a statement besides to say thank you. However, I feel it is my civil duty to inform you that I am male. So there is no need, in the future, for a "/and or madam"

:unsure:

#47 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:53 AM

I normally would not reply to such a statement besides to say thank you. However, I feel it is my civil duty to inform you that I am male. So there is no need, in the future, for a "/and or madam"

:unsure:

then sir i will stop the /and or madam for you.
You may understand why i put it there.
If not here is an explanation.
For general purposes because i do not go and check peoples profiles just to see if they are a male or female.

#48 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

THERE ARE NO CHICKS ON THE INTERWEBS!!!! :unsure:

#49 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

THERE ARE NO CHICKS ON THE INTERWEBS!!!! :unsure:

You will be forever lonely...

Edited by gEddeh, 15 November 2010 - 02:17 PM.

#50 Titan91

Titan91

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hey guys !

Hmm, nice update coming.. But i have question, When we can play rose? when update are finished? :p_devil:

I want play !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users