Skill Failing Bug - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Skill Failing Bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

I've noticed these days that sometimes skills fail without the red letters "Skill has failed." - it just casts nothing as if it's under the affect of Volcanic Ash.

Example 1:

Right when I log in my super novice, the first 1-2 casts of Warp Portal does not create a warp. No red letters are shown - just nothing happens after I choose a place (It consumes a Blue gem too.)

Example 2:

I buff myself with Blessing and Agi. When the timers are low and about to expire, I recast Agi and Blessing - animations happens, everything is successful, but the buffs are not replaced. They end very shortly after. (Blessing and Agi level are the same, and I know the skills is casted because it -15HP when I casted Agi).

It's annoying sometimes because it takes 3 blue gems to get a warp and I have to wait for buffs to expire in order to rebuff. Anyone else having these similar problems?

#2 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Those are actually not causes of skills to fail.

1. You're warping in Prontera which naturally has a warp bug. Those are being cast, you just need to walk around, sometimes other people can see them, sometimes they can, but they're essentially there. The fail is actually a client side animation fail, which is annoying.

2. Bless and Agi do no overwrite Clementia and Canto, so if you manually agi/bless yourself while you are under the effect of canto and clementia, then they will not work, and the skill will still be used.

Edited by KamiKali, 25 March 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#3 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Oh, I made sure to check those things weren't one of the conditions.

1. This happened in WoE realms, pront inn, Morroc, and ant hell. I couldn't see a warp on my other client on an another computer, and stepping on the cell did nothing.

2. No AB's involved, for sure. Blessing/Agi came from self.

Another example would be Safety Wall; skill casted, consumed blue gem, nothing comes out. 

Ok, I'll actually need to take screenshots for these. To be exact, these problems started happening exactly after 2 maintenances ago.

Edited by michaeleeli, 25 March 2014 - 03:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users