• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:03 AM

Calling all SM's hiding in the cracks...

Any new bugs or suggestions besides the ones already made?

TinyOwl is working on pre ML issues, while I'm working on end-game issues.  If anyone has some suggestions or bugs to report, please feel free to comment.  

kthx

Edited by 7517130609154355683, 26 March 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#2 TinyOwl

TinyOwl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

lovely :D we need every SM to give opinion ^^  :go:  :go:

#3 MadamOnara

MadamOnara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Perhaps to make Cure not appear as overpowered as people say it is, do the following?

• Raise cost slightly.  (For example from 32SP at level 5 to 50SP)
  • Make it stack only at levels beyond level 1.  Level 1-2 only one stack.  3-4 Two Stacks.  5-10 Three stacks.
  • Drop the efficiency of the heal by a small amount, but compensate with a differing affect.  From 120% of magic attack at level 5 to 100% at level five with 20% wisdom recovery of SP.  

Soul Extinction Mastery

• Combine the effect into the actual skill and get rid of the passive altogether.  
  • The skill now eats at the SP of the enemy, sending small amounts to the SM, and if linked, to party members.  Based on the level of the skill.

Soul Link Concentration and Balance

• Allow these skills to be casted on self, at half the intended effect.  Link the animation to the SM's doll.

Soul Link's in general

• Area of Effect links as passive cast.  So characters with range of SM to the maximum of their link's current range in all directions are automatically linked.
  • Single Target Link's a different color that standard links.  A binding red color for one, and a binding blue color for the other.

Glass Mental

• Show this as a buff on the SM instead of a debuff on the enemy.  
  • Return the previous version of Glass Mental wherein if any of the current enemies had Glass Mental debuff ANY target could be instant casted upon.  This was changed recently, probably to address the concern that the Glass Mental effect seemed to be more of SM buff than an enemy debuff.

Cure Pearl

• Increase the heal ability of this skill, and the duration Pearl's remain on field.
  • Add SP regain to skill
  • Add debuff removal ability to skill
  • Add 4 second immunity to skill
  • After all changed increase SP to reflect changes, and increase cooldown

Exploitation

• Increase duration of skill to 120 seconds.
  • Cooldown of skill fixed to 150 seconds.
  • On cast for party, next 10 skills cost 1/2 their SP cost to minimum of 1 SP.  

#4 TinyOwl

TinyOwl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

Thank you, MadamOnara, I will enclose your opinions and suggestions to this weeks report! I hope we get feedback as soon as possible :) *lol the cure pearl regens mana were in my last weeks suggestion in priority case*  :p_smile:

#5 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:40 AM

Madam Fart,

Thanks for your input.  Most of that is already incorporated into my report since I'm focusing on end game builds and skill balancing.  I'll take a look at the extra stuff and adjust my report as needed when I submit today.

#6 Biyoh

Biyoh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

• Single Target Link's a different color that standard links.  A binding red color for one, and a binding blue color for the other

And rainbows for more than one! :D I think that would be more of an aesthetic thing than something we need. (But also pretty cool.) The people we link don't really know or care about, what half or our links do. (Which is sad and lonely.) I've explained maybe a few dozen times to people what they do and when they finally know they find it interesting and /then/ try to stay within the link-range zone. But it is hard during raids (at least old ones) to link people up and keep them linked. The most I could bother doing was linking one other ranged DPS and just follow them around so at least someone could get the buff at all.

So aside from Cure being a little too OP, mine it at like 90k overall regen for the duration, I really think links should call for priority. The new Raid is coming up soon and as much as I would love to see Pearl do something other than take up a place on the debuff bar, I would like to be able to link up the tank more than 15m away from me so he/she can get that little extra defense and make the Priest/Heal's job a little easier. I don't think I'm saying anything new or really that helpful but my vote in concentration is to get a little more attention to Links, like I LOVE the idea of self applied links, even at half effect. The fact we can't use four of our skills unless we have someone else with us is obnoxious and frustrating. I'm digressing. Miku and Owl, you guys are doing awesome jobs, Fart your ideas are awesome. And I'm just praising them all. Good day!

EDIT::

WAIT. I DO HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AS SUGGESTION.

Pre-AoV.

Now, I know we've all been pretty well off with AoV because it boosted our stats massively, and we can actually stand on par with most priest and sorc in healing terms these days thanks for the stats that AoV /gears/ give us. But what about pre-aov? I honestly think a rebalance of all classes is needed to match, but when you look at pre-AoV sm gear to the AoV gear you can see a lot of mostly DPS SM confused because "oh hey, I can actually keep up with the boss wailing on the tank here." or "oh look, i can out heal this priest here." So they have to spend time getting the skill points to put into healing skills if they actually wanted to do support after all. I might be rambling a little but I think it would be better for pre-AoV geared players, in general and to just SM, to be able to see what they'll be able to do when they get to that ML1 mark. I don't know. It was a thought.

We also need a little more defense. Like, holy crap have you really looked? I'm fully geared Osi, ML20, with good cards, and 969 VIT but we get /zero/ defense from our VIT. 1898 is not enough to servive some pretty nasty attacks PVP wise and maybe other. Someone in my guild and I did a little PVP the other day, he hit me for 70k. I see a problem with this. That said I think I'm done rambling now. Sorry. Byebye.

Edited by Biyoh, 29 March 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#7 TinyOwl

TinyOwl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

Ii definitely agree on the link part! We were meant to be use them! The defense thing.. well, imagine a class with op heals (not jsut the cure, but the restore and the restoration is useful), relatively high damage AND with high defense :p_omg: . I dont think it would be balanced, unless the other classes gets boosted as well :) also, as i know only tank classes get defense from vit, and only because its initial for their role :) (also i suggest dont go for vit in stats, with runes and honing we can reach quite a high hp ^^) 
Thanks for your suggestions and opinion ^^  :p_laugh:

#8 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Comments have been incorporated into the reports.

As for 15m range, I think that's sufficient, having more would be slightly OP IMO.  But I'll need more input on this.  Linking coordinated raid groups during AoD was not too difficult if everyone knew what they were doing (which is the point of a raid anyways).

Pearls... have you tried them?  10s per absorption, absorbs when you're near them (no need to touch), once cast, they stay for a relatively long time, and each pearl has possibility of a crit cure.  I'd say they're actually pretty useful right now at max level.  The only thing I would add is SP regen.  Someone also mentioned a dispell as well.  (at max lvl, each pearl cures me for ~10-12k, 2x if crit)

#9 xsailorsaturn

xsailorsaturn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:29 PM

I just got my SM to be able to master but I cant pass the test for the life of me. x_x

Any recommendations? >.<

#10 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Get someone nice to run u thru some raids to get some gear. 

#11 SieghartLance

SieghartLance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

I just got my SM to be able to master but I cant pass the test for the life of me. x_x

Any recommendations? >.<

You can ask any class with buffs to buff you up or you can also use dayr pots, foods, spinels.

#12 7517130609154355683

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

Hotaru,

Feel free to PM me in-game and I can try to help you out.  Or come to Morroc ch14 in front of AH, and I'm sure some of our guild's other SMs can give you some tips/help as well.  

There's a few factors that could be at issue here, but most likely it's your gear.  I don't mind doing some lower lvl raids to help you get geared. =)

SM army!

Any recommendations? >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users