Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:03 AM

screen016.jpg

I can't even begin to understand how that 200 was scored. Think you need to check the point system a bit cause this shouldn't be possible.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

Was that game in Leonis or Draconis?

#3 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:23 AM

Draconis.

#4 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

Moved to Bug Reporting.

I can see why the Cleric earned 200 points in that game, but that is a side effect of another issue.  There appears to be an issue with points that are contributed to the group's point total, though it seems to have only occurred in a couple of games so far.  We will keep a watch out to see what is happening and get a fix in as soon as it can be replicated.

2exyaew.jpg

Edited by Genesis, 26 March 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#5 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

#6 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

Hmm, was there spawn camping during that match?  That thought didn't even cross my mind when first looking at the match data.

Edited by Genesis, 26 March 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

Ah yes, actually there was. Beat, myself (Tenjou) and Magician were just sitting near crystal as the attacker side had no cleric, but the rest of the defending team was camping right outside the enemy spawn.

#8 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

Ah that explains it then, the results do look correct when taking spawn camping into consideration.

The cleric with 200 points is the only player on the defending team who actually contributed to the group's total (they killed someone away from the spawn/Honorless area), meaning that they earned the largest proportion of the group points at the end of the match.  The defending team won with all three crystals intact, which would have made their bonus points earned very large.

Most of the defending team earned their points from Minutes Defended, at 1 point per 1 minute, which doesn't contribute to the group's total, so they earned nothing from the group bonus.

The attacking team didn't contribute much overall, and they lost the game so they earned next to nothing.  A couple of attackers got a point for dealing enough damage outside of the Honorless area from the looks of it.

#9 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Hmm. I understand the mechanics behind it, but somehow it seems easily exploitable. Right now people are somewhat trying to 'lure' the attackers out of the safe zone, so that ranged fighters can kill them off while standing outside the no honor zone, even though the one who's getting attacked is inside the no honor zone. Then cause they're the only ones who 'contributed' to the group's total, they get an instant 200 (or more as premium).

Edited by jerremy, 26 March 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#10 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

I have to question why the attackers are hanging around in their spawn area and not attacking.  They had the team to make a push...

Edited by Genesis, 26 March 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

Stupidity is hard to question (no offense to those people in particular). They had no support cleric (both were battle) and gave up cause they had no buffs I guess? Still makes you wonder why they leave spawn protection though. Can't fathom why people would camp either, since it rather obviously says 'No honor zone'.

#12 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

I have to second this, it happens every team the attacking side is without a support cleric. 

#13 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:20 AM

all back to most ppl problems, clerics, but if was me even if i was atacker without cleric or defender without cleric, y ppl just dont freaking buy buff pots n hp pots + mp pots n food??? anleast they give a lil shots for a few points ..... we already know CD with clerics is like 30 mins of batling (pvping) without cleric not even like 1 second, they just give up n dont do anything, even in dg is that, if no cleric = no dg ._. that mades the stuff kinda annoying

i bet players mostly say "why we need pots if we will have clerics in dungeons or pvp areas (CD)?" whats the mather of the buffs? who need +65 buffs? even give a lil more damage n etc, the pots is even the same, is enought for can hang, they just need clerics wen is more for heal not for focus in buffs, cause we know an group with cleric vs a group without = with cleric recovery hp wile without die easly, i just will say this, +40 or +50 stats seems to be enought, what happen if is an cleric with +65 buffs but in heals is slow wich made group die faster??? just my sugest, ppl should bring buff pots next time wen is no cleric, even if is there they should bring, if u guys dont spend buff pots n etc than y u guys no ask GM's for remove them? than u guys will see how buff pots are usefull wen no clerics

An sugest for group in Dungeons (almost any kind i thing), one knight tanker + lurer wich can hang mutch n have pots, any other atackers, or 2 tanks = better n rest aoes n atackers, easy, and ofc all bring buff pots + hp pot n mp lol, is useless going without that pots

#14 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

It's cause buff pots are awful and mean next to nothing to a support cleric's buffs.

#15 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:32 AM

You can use buff pots but they are going to be weaker than a cleric's buffs, plus without a cleric you won't have heals and thus are going to be dying anyway and will need to respawn and use more buff pots.

And you can't use food inside the Game Arena by the way. But I think it's be a plus if food was useable inside, only while you aren't in combat, especially for Akram Arena on the rare occasion that there are enough people to start it.

Edited by Phish, 26 March 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#16 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

anleast the got a few points than wasting GA in giving up, and yeah ik pots buffs is weak than clerics buffs, but anleast come on, just for hang a lil ...., idk if now FS are changing to BC cause nowadays i dont see many FS in draconis, i thing even in leonis wen i ask for buffs, i see like more BC atm than FS ._., also ppl dont join mutch DG nowadays

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users