Burnt Out on RO? I'll Lend an Ear - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Burnt Out on RO? I'll Lend an Ear

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#26 SieghartLance

SieghartLance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I just started playing this game again and it seems like I am not enjoying it. D:

#27 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

My problem with people, usually the healers, is when they ignore the squishy person being bombarded by mobs, and heal the tanks that aren't taking all that much damage.

#28 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:10 PM

I just started playing this game again and it seems like I am not enjoying it. D:

What kind of MMORPG things do you enjoy? Are you unable to find those things here in RO?

My problem with people, usually the healers, is when they ignore the squishy person being bombarded by mobs, and heal the tanks that aren't taking all that much damage.

Perhaps they need someone to lead them on the right path. Do they accept help or behave noobishly?

#29 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

im at endgame... and now there isnt anything left for me... i dont feel like making a new class i wont actually enjoy playing (yes ive tried other classes but none can keep my attention)... and at this point its either about PVP/WoE or MVPing/ET... and for what? to acquire more zeny? to get better gears? there IS a wall as to how much you can do in this game and ive hit it... until we get more endgame content that ALL classes can enjoy there really isnt anything left... im BORED... ive just stopped caring about almost everything in this game... if it wasnt for the attachment i feel for my Kagerou i think i would have walked away from this game already and prolly never really looked back... now i literally log into snatch up a headgear i think is neat and then afk waiting to answer questions any guildies may have... 90% of the time im not even looking at the screen... im playing pre-2k rpgs instead...

#30 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

As I've told iDaehyun, everyone needs a vacation once in a while; even from RO. When something no longer gives you the joy you once felt, separation may be best.

It is as the saying goes: "absence makes the heart grow fonder." But if you return to find that you cannot feel that joy again, perhaps it is not joy that kept you here, but the exhilaration of something new. All that is left is to find a way to bring that joy back or seek out something that will bring you greater joy.

^

Separation even if you are married with your spouse and have children?

#31 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

im at endgame... and now there isnt anything left for me... i dont feel like making a new class i wont actually enjoy playing (yes ive tried other classes but none can keep my attention)... and at this point its either about PVP/WoE or MVPing/ET... and for what? to acquire more zeny? to get better gears? there IS a wall as to how much you can do in this game and ive hit it... until we get more endgame content that ALL classes can enjoy there really isnt anything left... im BORED... ive just stopped caring about almost everything in this game... if it wasnt for the attachment i feel for my Kagerou i think i would have walked away from this game already and prolly never really looked back... now i literally log into snatch up a headgear i think is neat and then afk waiting to answer questions any guildies may have... 90% of the time im not even looking at the screen... im playing pre-2k rpgs instead...

^

What are my pains?

* Lag

* Maintenance Patches
* Kill Stealers
* Rotten attitude from drugged players
* Hypocrisy

The list goes on and on

#32 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

It would seem you are stuck between wanting to help others and wondering if you should help. Do you lack the patience to be someone's mentor or teacher? Do you not find happiness in helping others become better players? Or perhaps you feel chained down and desire to fly away from everything?

Separation even if you are married with your spouse and have children?

Divorces happen regardless. If something causes you more despair than happiness, why stick around to make things worse for those around you? Sometimes not letting go can do more to hurt than help.

What are my pains?

* Lag

* Maintenance Patches
* Kill Stealers
* Rotten attitude from drugged players
* Hypocrisy

The list goes on and on

Imperfection can be found in anything and everything. If something's imperfection is too much for you to bear, why not find something that has imperfections you can tolerate?

#33 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Oh Herwin. It's easier to assume everything you say is a joke unless stated otherwise  :p_idea:

I still think I need to leave $5 here.  :heh:

#34 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

It would seem you are stuck between wanting to help others and wondering if you should help. Do you lack the patience to be someone's mentor or teacher? Do you not find happiness in helping others become better players? Or perhaps you feel chained down and desire to fly away from everything?

Divorces happen regardless. If something causes you more despair than happiness, why stick around to make things worse for those around you? Sometimes not letting go can do more to hurt than help.

Imperfection can be found in anything and everything. If something's imperfection is too much for you to bear, why not find something that has imperfections you can tolerate?

^
That's why I play iRO
:heh:

#35 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

I still think I need to leave $5 here.  :heh:

Thank you for the gesture, but I only seek to take away the darkness that plagues those who are frustrated with RO so they may be free.

^
That's why I play iRO
:heh:

You are stronger than most and for that I commend you.

#36 SieghartLance

SieghartLance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

What kind of MMORPG things do you enjoy? Are you unable to find those things here in RO?

maybe the characters.. I think I just can't find the right class for me.

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

maybe the characters.. I think I just can't find the right class for me.

What do you seek in a character? Someone strong? Someone with the ability to help others? A bit of both? Or perhaps you're the type to hide in the shadows, waiting to strike. Or you like having someone to fight by your side no matter what.

What about gameplay? Do you want something challenging to work with? Or do you prefer something that's easier to get through things?

#38 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

weird approach to a "QQthread" but actually  decent way to get feedback

inflation and the lack of balance between classes

#39 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

weird approach to a "QQthread" but actually  decent way to get feedback

It is? I meant for this thread to be more of a therapeutic venting thread, but I guess you can take it as you will.

#40 SieghartLance

SieghartLance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

What do you seek in a character? Someone strong? Someone with the ability to help others? A bit of both? Or perhaps you're the type to hide in the shadows, waiting to strike. Or you like having someone to fight by your side no matter what.

What about gameplay? Do you want something challenging to work with? Or do you prefer something that's easier to get through things?

In every game that I play I always use a melee type of char who is capable of dishing out a lot of mobs.

I'm a soloist coz I am not comfortable being on a party. I came from a different country server and enjoyed playing an OP RG 2yrs ago. 

As for the gameplay, I prefer something that's easier to get through things but quite challenging and fun to play.

As i mentioned a while ago I always use a melee type of char, so I am also thinking on making a support type class (AB) for a change. But the last time I used a support type char on a game is way back 2008 (and it's an aco) so I am not sure if it'll work. Magic classes is a no-no for me because I think that it'll be expensive to raise one. I just started on this server so I have no funds for it.

Edited by SieghartLance, 27 March 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#41 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

Am I that sarcastic that often here? :U I noticed an increasing number of people feeling frustrated so I created this thread to help them vent and let all that negativity out.

I guess I'll... try to sound less sarcastic?

Lol it's good sarcastic, like I said I was just assuming it was sarcastic as I can be very cynical (and coincidentally sarcastic) at times.

People are venting in a positive way, which is always a good thing.

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

In every game that I play I always use a melee type of char who is capable of dishing out a lot of mobs.
I'm a soloist coz I am not comfortable being on a party. I came from a different country server and enjoyed playing an OP RG 2yrs ago.

As for the gameplay, I prefer something that's easier to get through things but quite challenging and fun to play.

As i mentioned a while ago I always use a melee type of char, so I am also thinking on making a support type class (AB) for a change. But the last time I used a support type char on a game is way back 2008 (and it's an aco) so I am not sure if it'll work. Magic classes is a no-no for me because I think that it'll be expensive to raise one. I just started on this server so I have no funds for it.

It sounds like the path of Assassin is more suited to your tastes. Priests are doable, but they're a bit tricky to level without some help. Seek out the Job Class sections for help and if you require more assistance, we have some regulars on the iRO RaidCall who can help you out.

Lol it's good sarcastic, like I said I was just assuming it was sarcastic as I can be very cynical (and coincidentally sarcastic) at times.

People are venting in a positive way, which is always a good thing.

I was expecting a lot more anger from people, so I'm kind of surprised at the level-headedness of the participants.

#43 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

As I peer upwards towards the sun for sense of direction, of what I must do, I find that the sky is no more the limit as I am to myself. Too many say, that they have done it all, that they have lived everything there is to and seen all there is. How is it, yet, that I frequently stumble on the uncovered and new. My eyes are open and my movements are free, like wind I travel for a place to be. Fascination, I find, blossoms everywhere and in everything. If I were to say and be like them, to agree that there is nothing more to see, that there is no more hope in this, where would I be?

Look from yourself and from what you have done, step forth and strive for what has yet been sung. There is much, you will see, to the world than what you be.

#44 Fluffyninja

Fluffyninja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Gravity just doesn't want to give us meaningful updates. D:

Edited by Fluffyninja, 27 March 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#45 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

It is? I meant for this thread to be more of a therapeutic venting thread, but I guess you can take it as you will.

most of the threads in this forum are QQ/rage, this one has it too, just not going on the same direction as others.

good thing imo makes forum more attractive, you also showing options to frustrated new players, doubt can do much about older ones

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

As I peer upwards towards the sun for sense of direction, of what I must do, I find that the sky is no more the limit as I am to myself. Too many say, that they have done it all, that they have lived everything there is to and seen all there is. How is it, yet, that I frequently stumble on the uncovered and new. My eyes are open and my movements are free, like wind I travel for a place to be. Fascination, I find, blossoms everywhere and in everything. If I were to say and be like them, to agree that there is nothing more to see, that there is no more hope in this, where would I be?

Look from yourself and from what you have done, step forth and strive for what has yet been sung. There is much, you will see, to the world than what you be.

True words indeed. You have no need for the wisdom I can provide. :)

Gravity just doesn't want to give us updates. D:

Perhaps it's time to take things slow and smell the flowers.

most of the threads in this forum are QQ/rage, this one has it too, just not going on the same direction as others.
good thing imo makes forum more attractive, you also showing options to frustrated new players, doubt can do much about older ones

Thank you. I just have a desire to help however I can. That is all.

And with that, I am now out for now. If you have pent up frustrations, please come back later.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 27 March 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#47 NorthenBeggar

NorthenBeggar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Thank you for the gesture, but I only seek to take away the darkness that plagues those who are frustrated with RO so they may be free.

That's... beautiful.  :sob:

#48 Snorlitax

Snorlitax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

Hey!! What is this? Counseling by RO psychologist Zero Tigress?  :heh: 

Whatever, here's my troubles XD

These last weeks I've been leveling my homunculus at OD2, which I've never done before. I level it there because I like to AFK and do something else, rather than taking it to a spotlight map and just walking around watching her kill things (so boring!).

However, I am sooo sick of all the idiots leveling their homuns in there. Every single day I have the same problems:

1) People who don't set their AI properly (be it out of ignorance or being jerks, whatever): I have to ask them to set the homun to cast AoE at master's feet, because otherwise it just casts it anywhere (including on me) and kills my monsters (= the monsters that are attacking me, my homun, or being attacked by any of us both). That's KSing. Some of them do chat back and ask me how to set their AI better and even change it to a more polite setting, which I appreciate. Others never answer.
2) Homunculus range too high: some set their homun's range so high that it gets in my spot, and the guy past me too. This, of course, is not illegal (as long as they don't KS), but I think it's rude to hog a whole place for yourself when there's people near you. (I always walk the whole map before setting in and try not to stand too close to anyone, as much as I can).
3) Idiots who log in right next to me.... and STAY there. Are you a bot, or what the hell is wrong with you? Don't you see it hurts both of us to be standing in the same place? Why do I have to get up and look for a different spot, when I arrived here first?

4) Final and worst of all... fu**ing bloody branchers. Whatever the reason is, it's rude as hell. You just want a place to BB in peace? Ok, what makes you think this is a good choice? There's tons of people in here AFKing, what will die and lose exp... you don't care about that? There's lv 150 people in here who could kill your branch, I hope that happens and they steal your loot too. Next time maybe you'll look for a more appropiate place. I can think of 10 better places to pop branches. Or maybe the reason is you're actually a fellow homun-leveler, and you couldn't find a decent spot for yourself, so you popped a branch to kill us all and pick the spot you liked. If that is so... I just feel pity for you. I think the way one behaves in game is not completely unrelated to our behaviour IRL. If you're such a jerk in game, I wouldn't be amazed if you were a total a***ole in real life too.  

Ah, thanks, ZeroTigress!! I could vent all my rage I had been keeping in me for weeks. This was good... thanks for hearing my rant  :kis:

Edited by Snorlitax, 28 March 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#49 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

I've killed Golden Thief Bug for the thousands time now. Yet still not card.

#50 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

I have a bit of a problem with this type of situation (No one says it better than Detective Spooner);

"You see... a carpenter, making a beautiful chair. And then one of your robots comes in and

makes a better chair twice as fast. And then you superimpose on the screen, "USR: -_-tin' on the Little Guy"

Not as much of a problem on it's own, but when this is used to undercut the "littler" guys, it annoys me to some extent.

Everyone should be allowed to their little slice of pie.

Otherwise the game's pretty tits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users