Burnt Out on RO? I'll Lend an Ear - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Burnt Out on RO? I'll Lend an Ear

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#51 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Well i try to talk with a kafra girl (im in love) but she doesnt answer me, everybody says that i should "click" on her abd then she will be talking to me, but im not that kind of men, im not pervert and i want a serious thing not just "click" her
What can i do? D:

Edited by davdbg, 28 March 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#52 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

At least she won't do anything about that. Try hitting on the Taekwon girl on Academy 2nd floor and see what happen  :p_devil:

#53 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:03 AM

I got the same situation. The game haven't change a bit the same problems are still there. WoE haven't change always the same cheaters . Always the top alchemist buying supplies from botters or bot themselves.

No one even talks anymore not even in a TI its just silence all the way until count 400 and everyone leaves.

Whats worst is now the staff ask players to do their dirty work for them. The game isn't just what it use to be.

I just started playing this game again and it seems like I am not enjoying it. D:

Edited by NukeDuke, 28 March 2014 - 10:04 AM.

#54 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:26 AM

Ok doctor! I have a few problems that may need some professional help!!

Firstly, while I am glad of this my equipment over upgrading is great, I even have people come to me to upgrade for them. While this isn't the sole issue, maybe you could help me balance out my other problem that ties into this.....kinda.

My main problem is I have played this game for 11 years and I have yet to receive an mvp card no matter how many mvps I kill. Camped, branched or otherwise. So, is there a way I can turn my upgrading luck down in favour of turning my mvp card luck up?.

#55 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

It is as the saying goes: "absence makes the heart grow fonder." But if you return to find that you cannot feel that joy again, perhaps it is not joy that kept you here, but the exhilaration of something new. All that is left is to find a way to bring that joy back or seek out something that will bring you greater joy.

That's why everyone has an affair or two. 

A bunch of weeks ago when the mmobomb competition started, some players had the same thought and went over to try mabinogi as a guild.  It seems to be going well even if it cannibalizes players from RO.  Or you can go watch the interesting "Free to Play" documentary movie made by VALVE corporation.  It shows glimpses into the lives of several 1337 players of DOTA2 as they play the game.  Is the international Ragnarok Online competition as big as the RO2 competition?  After watching "Free to Play", I am surprised that RO was able to beat RO2 at mmobomb's improperly juried competition poll.

If you are curious about the movie, it is 75 minutes long.  You can find the youtube url easily by googling the following search terms

valve RO2 movie free to play youtube

Edited by WiseFabre, 28 March 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#56 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

im burnt out, dont want to lvl anymore

#57 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

The doctor is now in! And goodness, so many responses! :p_omg:

These last weeks I've been leveling my homunculus at OD2, which I've never done before. I level it there because I like to AFK and do something else, rather than taking it to a spotlight map and just walking around watching her kill things (so boring!).

However, I am sooo sick of all the idiots leveling their homuns in there. Every single day I have the same problems:

1) People who don't set their AI properly (be it out of ignorance or being jerks, whatever): I have to ask them to set the homun to cast AoE at master's feet, because otherwise it just casts it anywhere (including on me) and kills my monsters (= the monsters that are attacking me, my homun, or being attacked by any of us both). That's KSing. Some of them do chat back and ask me how to set their AI better and even change it to a more polite setting, which I appreciate. Others never answer.
2) Homunculus range too high: some set their homun's range so high that it gets in my spot, and the guy past me too. This, of course, is not illegal (as long as they don't KS), but I think it's rude to hog a whole place for yourself when there's people near you. (I always walk the whole map before setting in and try not to stand too close to anyone, as much as I can).
3) Idiots who log in right next to me.... and STAY there. Are you a bot, or what the hell is wrong with you? Don't you see it hurts both of us to be standing in the same place? Why do I have to get up and look for a different spot, when I arrived here first?
4) Final and worst of all... fu**ing bloody branchers. Whatever the reason is, it's rude as hell. You just want a place to BB in peace? Ok, what makes you think this is a good choice? There's tons of people in here AFKing, what will die and lose exp... you don't care about that? There's lv 150 people in here who could kill your branch, I hope that happens and they steal your loot too. Next time maybe you'll look for a more appropiate place. I can think of 10 better places to pop branches. Or maybe the reason is you're actually a fellow homun-leveler, and you couldn't find a decent spot for yourself, so you popped a branch to kill us all and pick the spot you liked. If that is so... I just feel pity for you. I think the way one behaves in game is not completely unrelated to our behaviour IRL. If you're such a jerk in game, I wouldn't be amazed if you were a total a***ole in real life too.

People tend to show their true colors when hidden behind a mask. Those who are not raised to be considerate of others will never learn to be considerate of others. Therefore, all that can be done is to accept them as they are and do what you can. An eye for an eye makes the world blind, so seek those willing to cooperate instead of hanging about those who are not.

I've killed Golden Thief Bug for the thousands time now. Yet still not card.

Oftentimes you tend to find what you are not looking for. Lady Luck may not on your side in this, but perhaps you may find a treasure of another kind elsewhere.

I have a bit of a problem with this type of situation (No one says it better than Detective Spooner);

"You see... a carpenter, making a beautiful chair. And then one of your robots comes in and
makes a better chair twice as fast. And then you superimpose on the screen, "USR: -_-tin' on the Little Guy"

Not as much of a problem on it's own, but when this is used to undercut the "littler" guys, it annoys me to some extent.
Everyone should be allowed to their little slice of pie.

Otherwise the game's pretty tits.

First rule of marketing: location, location, location. "Locate" yourself in a way to make yourself more appealing. If you cannot beat them by price, take advantage of the time that the undercutters are NOT there. Just because some people have a better bargain, it means nothing if the right customer is not there to purchase the item at that price.

Well i try to talk with a kafra girl (im in love) but she doesnt answer me, everybody says that i should "click" on her abd then she will be talking to me, but im not that kind of men, im not pervert and i want a serious thing not just "click" her
What can i do? D:

It is likely she is simply not that into you. Seek those who don't just stand around all day. You'll find that your life is more invigorating when sharing a monster kill with someone who's active.

At least she won't do anything about that. Try hitting on the Taekwon girl on Academy 2nd floor and see what happen  :p_devil:

I predict a foot up the head from her if you push her too much.

I got the same situation. The game haven't change a bit the same problems are still there. WoE haven't change always the same cheaters . Always the top alchemist buying supplies from botters or bot themselves.

No one even talks anymore not even in a TI its just silence all the way until count 400 and everyone leaves.

Whats worst is now the staff ask players to do their dirty work for them. The game isn't just what it use to be.

It's true that the game is not what it used to be and the community has also changed in response. Efforts must be made to cultivate the community of old within the new blood. The CMs have certainly made that harder with the implementation of Gramps TI, but also consider that it makes it easier to filter out those who actually wish to challenge themselves. Keep your mind not on the TIs, but on the world of Midgard itself. For the true adventurers are out there waiting for kindred spirits to join them. 

Firstly, while I am glad of this my equipment over upgrading is great, I even have people come to me to upgrade for them. While this isn't the sole issue, maybe you could help me balance out my other problem that ties into this.....kinda.

My main problem is I have played this game for 11 years and I have yet to receive an mvp card no matter how many mvps I kill. Camped, branched or otherwise. So, is there a way I can turn my upgrading luck down in favour of turning my mvp card luck up?.

As I've told ilovemilk, Lady Luck does not smile upon you in this endeavor (she seems to frown upon a lot of people in card hunting more often than not). Instead of focusing on what you don't have, appreciate what you do have. You never know what treasures your forging luck may land upon your lap.

A bunch of weeks ago when the mmobomb competition started, some players had the same thought and went over to try mabinogi as a guild.  It seems to be going well even if it cannibalizes players from RO.  Or you can go watch the interesting "Free to Play" documentary movie made by VALVE corporation.  It shows glimpses into the lives of several 1337 players of DOTA2 as they play the game.  Is the international Ragnarok Online competition as big as the RO2 competition?  After watching "Free to Play", I am surprised that RO was able to beat RO2 at mmobomb's improperly juried competition poll.

The annual Ragnarok World Championship is much more impressive than any voting competition, I assure you. It pits all official servers against each other over the course of many tournaments of Olympic proportions.

im burnt out, dont want to lvl anymore

What is it that your heart seeks?

#58 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

i want to take a break and try something new

#59 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

i want to take a break and try something new

Sailing to new horizons may be just what you need to ease the ache you feel. Think not of what you're leaving behind, but what you may soon find out there. May the wind be at your back and your voyage fruitful. If you find that you do not desire to return, perhaps it is for the better.

#60 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

So...I played RO since September of last year, everything was dandy. I just loved going around with my Aco/Monk hitting Trifecta'ing everything in my path, I didn't even care that much that I wasn't wanted in TI, though it really annoyed me. I loved discovering the Ragnarok world and learning through trial an error.

But at some point, everything lost is shine...I was only looking forward to stuff at the Boxes and Packs...doing a TI felt like a mandatory assigment that you really hate doing. Maybe it was because I finally learned how to level 'efficiently', the straight forward path of Spores->Ants->Orcs->Maneater Blossoms->TI.

#61 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

So...I played RO since September of last year, everything was dandy. I just loved going around with my Aco/Monk hitting Trifecta'ing everything in my path, I didn't even care that much that I wasn't wanted in TI, though it really annoyed me. I loved discovering the Ragnarok world and learning through trial an error.

But at some point, everything lost is shine...I was only looking forward to stuff at the Boxes and Packs...doing a TI felt like a mandatory assigment that you really hate doing. Maybe it was because I finally learned how to level 'efficiently', the straight forward path of Spores->Ants->Orcs->Maneater Blossoms->TI.

Perhaps the reason things have lost their shine is because you lack someone with a similar light to journey through Midgard with you. Have you considered reaching out to a fellow adventurer to party up with?

#62 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

the need of overupgrade..........

#63 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

As I've told ilovemilk, Lady Luck does not smile upon you in this endeavor (she seems to frown upon a lot of people in card hunting more often than not). Instead of focusing on what you don't have, appreciate what you do have. You never know what treasures your forging luck may land upon your lap.

Seems to me you are more like an Agony Aunt than a Doctor! :p_laugh:  however, it seems as though that is the case. I shall just have to embrace my abilities and continue on as normal. maybe one day, when I'm not paying attention, she might throw a card my way.

#64 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

the need of overupgrade..........

Need or want? Want is a desire and desire leads to suffering.

Seems to me you are more like an Agony Aunt than a Doctor! :p_laugh:  however, it seems as though that is the case. I shall just have to embrace my abilities and continue on as normal. maybe one day, when I'm not paying attention, she might throw a card my way.

That's the spirit!

#65 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Many Bot. Much KSer. Such Sad.

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Many Bot. Much KSer. Such Sad.

Focus not on the darkness that surrounds you, but the light within the darkness. For that light shall clear the fog that clouds your mind.

#67 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

need to have certain effects, which without them is kinda pointless (items, builds etc)

#68 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Don't want to be rude but are you training to be a TV Psychic/Astrologist?

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

need to have certain effects, which without them is kinda pointless (items, builds etc)

As long as you have something you desire strongly, you will continue to suffer. But fear not, for you do not suffer alone as others suffer along with you. Facing hardships with a community is better than facing them alone.

Don't want to be rude but are you training to be a TV Psychic/Astrologist?

I only seek to take away the darkness that plagues those who are frustrated with RO so they may be free.

EDIT: And with that, I am out for now. Please leave your venting here and I will get to them the next time I'm in.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 28 March 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#70 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 07:30 AM

ksers and bots have been in the game since alpha days I don't see the light even after those years. All they care about is stealing your money and doing nothing to improve anything.

Focus not on the darkness that surrounds you, but the light within the darkness. For that light shall clear the fog that clouds your mind.

#71 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:20 AM

ksers and bots have been in the game since alpha days I don't see the light even after those years. All they care about is stealing your money and doing nothing to improve anything.

Because it's a never-ending wars against those 2 ? unless you have any better idea then sure tell them and they'll be all ear. And I've seen countless of unadmitted masochists here tbh, "omfg I hate this game, omfg I hate WP, all they do is take our $$ QQQQQ", yet still play the game. There are plenty of P-server out there that don't have bots and always welcome you with both hands.

#72 NukeDuke

NukeDuke

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

There are plenty of P-server out there that don't have bots and always welcome you with both hands.

pservers don't have craptastic rates like 0.02% chance that only rewards people who can waste the most time or buy gums non stop.

they don't have bots because the rate is decent.  people ks because the monster spawns are so long and the maps are so big you walk around for minutes just to find something on maps that is not a turn in.

#73 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

pservers don't have craptastic rates like 0.02% chance that only rewards people who can waste the most time or buy gums non stop.

they don't have bots because the rate is decent.  people ks because the monster spawns are so long and the maps are so big you walk around for minutes just to find something on maps that is not a turn in.

Then why are you still here again ? 

#74 JillOfTrades

JillOfTrades

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Twitter:@JillofTradesLA
  • LocationLouisiana, USA

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

(Serious Post. I feel like confessing)

I've been hopping on and off of "other" servers in the past years...and well...we all have done unthinkable things and even see people do unthinkable things. I just don't want it to come bite me back in the ass.

I mean I'm an honest person. If people point out things I said or done, I'll honestly admit that. If it's a lie...well...I'll say it's not true...and if they still say it's true...well I'll let them believe that if I wish.

My biggest fear is everyone avoiding because of those things...both the truth and the lies.

And don't get me started when I try to do nice things...you know on a "other" server...I think my first or second one it was...I helped around by reporting players since their GMs couldn't do much...and you know what the owner of the server did? Banned my ass because of how annoying I was. No...seriously. I just make a report, no nagging, hardly bumping(just one bump on the post) and bam I'm banned. It was like a "Thank you, now puppy" off...I wonder how that person got through in life. I was even trying to be understanding and supportive...but no...still a douchebag.

Now I've done nice things on other servers...but it's like no matter how much hardcore proof I had, they did nothing. I did all that as a thank you (okay...maybe I was expecting special treatment...but I was in my teens.)

I'm an ass...and I'm annoying. I know. Even I think so:P

Anyways, thanks for reading Zero. Appreciate it.

#75 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

There are plenty of P-server out there that don't have bots and always welcome you with both hands.

No.

Private servers don't have bots because gold sellers don't feel like it's worth trying to sell gold to them.

I have never had a problem trying to get any card without buying it with the obvious exception of MvP/Miniboss cards.

What exactly are you doing that has such a sparsely populated area? I always thought only Valk was full of KSers well, I guess now that all the servers merged they're all on one (two?) servers anyway.

Edited by Gantrithor, 29 March 2014 - 04:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users